Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecomradelucifer
Stranger
My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!!
    #4946925 - 11/17/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hiya everyone

My senior research paper has been destroyed by the administration.  A couple days ago, they busted a freshmen girl with meth, and she narced and narced and narced.  A buddy of mine is facing possible expulsion because he chose not to rat out 10 suspected marijuana aficionados. 

As a result of this bust, my school's administration is concerned with appearing "tough" for the media.  My English teacher has told me that I cannot write my proposed paper on the spiritual potential of LSD, Psilocybin and mescaline.  I had already compiled the 150 note cards of information, and had completed a 10 page outline....this was going to be a beautiful paper...and it now lies in ruins. 

I have been given a topic by him that I must complete in 10 days (he will not give me an extension).  It is supposed to research why so many people felt drawn to the calls of Leary, Huxley, etc. toward the spirituality of psilocybin, mescaline, and LSD.  Something nice and safe so the bureaucrats can rest easy. 

Do you guys know of any good books or sources where I could get info?  this would be REALLY appreciated- right now I'm up shit creek with no fuckin' paddle. 

As a sidenote, I FINALLY GOT SOME MUSHIES!  :smile:  Months of searching, countless failed deals-but I finally got em- 3.1 grams.  I plan to take them on thanksgiving break, after the Christmas tree is up.  Considering the amount I have, do you guys think I should take 1.5 my first time, or go for 2 or 2.5 grams. 

Thanks for everything,

-CL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: comradelucifer]
    #4946980 - 11/17/05 02:51 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

my first time i tripped i took 2.5 grams and it was rad. im glad i took that dose as opposed to a half 8th, i feel a half 8th is more of a tease. the first time you do it you should experience the mushroom world. go for 2 or 2.5 grams.

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

OfflineMcdoopy
Fungus Face
 User Gallery

Loc: Varrok Center
Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: comradelucifer]
    #4946988 - 11/17/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I would fight it, go to the principal or the superintendent if  you have to...

IMO

and 2 grams is a good start :wink:

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: Mcdoopy]
    #4947034 - 11/17/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Definitely read the compilation of huxley writings: Moksha.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4947041 - 11/17/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

this highschool or university?

If they wont let you use you're already compiled information, I'd do a formal petition for an extension OR to stick to your old topic.

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: kaniz]
    #4947091 - 11/17/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Woulden't it be even better if they didn't want you to write it. I tried writing something controversial for my grade 12 english class. I wrote an instructional essay on creating your own religous cult following.... Teacher said it was hilarious....And I wanted my mom to get called....D'oh!

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

InvisibleChikitta
Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: musher_420]
    #4947178 - 11/17/05 03:26 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Can't help you with your paper, but 2g would be a good starting dose.

Good luck man

Quote:

If they wont let you use you're already compiled information, I'd do a formal petition for an extension OR to stick to your old topic.

Would be worth persuing this. Unless they are willing to give you an extension on the paper, it's hardly fair that they expect you to research a new topic within 10 days.

Edited by Chikitta (11/17/05 03:28 PM)

Offlinetheshroomman
Stranger
Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: Chikitta]
    #4947209 - 11/17/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

yeah file a formal complaint, if its a university just do the paper you were intending to do and if they have issues with it... sue them.

If its HS... well then you may be a little short on options, however you can protest for an extension as it is unfair...

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: theshroomman]
    #4947224 - 11/17/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

That is some serious fucking bullshit! :mad2: I'd try and fight that bullshit! That's a violation of your free-speech!

but definitely read Huxleys' "The Doors of Perception." It is very short and can be read in a single afternoon. It is DEFINITIVE psychedelic Huxley!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: dr0mni]
    #4947264 - 11/17/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

While Doors is a fantastic book, still get moksha if you can. I think its more related to your topic. (It contains a large part of doors/heaven and hell). It is essentially every letter Huxley wrote his friends and loved ones on the state of man, society, and psychedelics (and other mind altering substances) throughout time and in his present time.

It is one of few valuable resources like this from that era. This was the late 50s, early 60s. The LSD counterculture didn't exist, leary only started getting into these things towards the later years of the book. Huxley died before the psychedelic movement, he wouldn't have been a fan of some of the rampant use... but would still be a major fighter against prohibition.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4947331 - 11/17/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'd fight it. If all else fails, make the facts publicly known. I've had problems with my university in which I have been treated unfairly, so I set up a website detailing everything that I didn't like and e-mailed some staff (which eventually ended up being forwarded to all academic staff) to get people to support me and be on my side, etc. It turns out that most academic staff agreed with me, and it was only a small minority at the top that were causing the problems, and thus things have started to change, so it has worked. You might be surprised how many people will support you if only they know what's going on.

Personally, I wouldn't stand for it. Hand in what you've done. And if they complain or treat it unfairly, then let hell break loose with them.

Edited by TurricaN (11/17/05 03:58 PM)

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: TurricaN]
    #4947396 - 11/17/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I remeber writing a short story in grade 7 - it was a 'horror' short story. It was so graphic and violent, the teachers called my parents in and recomened I seek therapy

my mom congradulated me on a story well written :smile:

The story involved killing the entire school at one point of it - thank god that was like, 10+ years ago - or I'm sure I WOULD of been expelled, locked up, no questions asked with the current 0-tollerance trend now.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: TurricaN]
    #4947399 - 11/17/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I call bullshit, hand the paper in anyways, they have no right to tell you no after the assignment had been handed out.  If you had previous acknowledgement that your topic was ok then its even more fucked that you cant write about it.  It's fucking college, i wrote a 100 word essay on how to grow marijuana properly because it was the only thing i could write about in such a small space.  I got an A+ and a big smile from my prof as well. :laugh:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinecomradelucifer
Stranger
Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: coda]
    #4947504 - 11/17/05 04:29 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'm a high school senior guys- so I'm kinda fucked. I think the school(and my teacher) are so concerned because we are required to make a presentation of our papers in the second semester. Its a big presentation-about 30 minutes. Its those idiot kids who cause this problem- the ones who would take my paper as a green light to go out and get fucked on psychedelics-I'm talkin' major irresponsible use. I've tried to tell people about my paper before, and how I really believe that these substances are entheogenic in nature. They just look at me blankly and think "all that symbolic shit" is a cloak for someone who just wants to eat a ton of acid. To be honest, this really disgusts me- and I do not condone these kids' actions. To the school though, all drug talk is the same drug talk-dangerous to our oh so lovable society.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#4947562 - 11/17/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Your teacher seems like he doesn't want to do this. Most teachers wouldn't have given you an alternate topic so close. Perhaps besides why drugs should be illegal.

Presentation second semester? I say lean towards what they want this semester, get them off your backs. Make your presentation count. You're a fucking second semester senior. If you're going to college, you're already in. They won't fail you or withold your diploma.

--------------------

Offlinetheshroomman
Stranger
    #4947575 - 11/17/05 04:39 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

well then, like most of us you are a responsible person and we get punished for the irrisponsibility of the majorty of the population... thats why they are illicit in the first place

Offlinecomradelucifer
Stranger
    #4947597 - 11/17/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

that's what I'm really worried about man. I'm accepted into U of M, and I think my teacher failed my outline. I'm going to take issue with this-because it was VERY thorough and well done. If he won't change it-I'm worried that grade plus a low grade on this paper (if this happens) will make U of M rescind my app. This really our only grade in this class (they call it Writing Group), and if we fail this its going to be BAD

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #4947648 - 11/17/05 04:50 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i am very disapointed that i am seemingly the only person here whom ruled the high school administration with an iron fist,
heres how it is, teachers, pricipals, etc... are a lot like cops,
go sit down with the super, tell him of your quandary, first organize a good argument, go through the school code and find everything that works to your benefit, tell them your valid thoughts on the issue, if they still try to give you bullshit, ask them if you can borrow thier phone for a minute, when they ask why, say "so that i can call my lawyer"... they usually start singing a different tune.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinecomradelucifer
Stranger
Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: incubaby_421]
    #4947675 - 11/17/05 04:55 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

this could work, but the subject is so socially taboo. It's drugs to the admin., and that means its litigation and parental problems when I do my presentation in the spring. Imagine the fallout they'd get from outrage parents-how can I hope to overcome this?

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #4947733 - 11/17/05 05:06 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

fuck em....
i guess it all depends on the passion level, i mean, i failed my junior english class becuase of a semi-similar situation, but i stuck to my guns, because i felt very strongly about it,
no need to overcome angry societal beings....
let them be angry,
and you need to explain to the admin why its not JUST drugs,
site some resources, feed them some acid,
i personally did what i had to do, i understand being in high school and having everything shot down and getting shitty grades becuase of how people viewed you....
it sucks, but 90% of the time my way worked, i never layed down for those fuckers,

but then on the other hand, there is a chance that all of this time spent backing the original will leave you with zero time for anew,
and there is a chance you could fail your paper/and or get in trouble...
maybe you should sniff out the consequences first,
but i would go for it...

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom