Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigScreen
Stranger
Loc: Upper Midwest
Manure
    #493415 - 12/16/01 11:49 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

References for growing on manure anyone? I'm not a rookie, but any
personal advice on the matter would also be much appreciated. Thank you in advance, and by the way, to everybody, I try not to post frequently as personofication of myself amongst this community is not my goal. However, when I do post, I try and ask a question so as to recieve responses that will benifit the entire community. All of you who have spent as many hours in the forums as I have, I believe will appreciate that. I make no claim to being one of the legends who digitally reside here, but I do make all attempts at being a good student.

--------------------
The world is not a destination to achieve, but a reality to be experienced. A man who knows the Tao in the morning, may die with content in the evening.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: Manure [Re: BigScreen]
    #493631 - 12/17/01 08:29 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

bump.

my next attempt of casing will be with horse dung. i have about 8 jars of b+ (ralph syringe) and 8 jars of puerto ricans, all about 5 days away from being birthed. i too am interested in the responses to this post.

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Edited by XAZIA (12/17/01 08:30 AM)

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: Manure [Re: XAZIA]
    #493757 - 12/17/01 12:09 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

pr's can grow on manure? i was not aware... can any p cubensis fruit on dung?

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: Manure [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #493796 - 12/17/01 01:26 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Beppo.....  where have you been man..... ? Hell yeah they like dung.... they freakin love it. Find some  horse stables in your town if you can ... just tell them you want turds for your wife`s roses.. or garden blah blahblah. Horse shit is da SHIT i tell ya.I crumble road apples and pre-wet them .... then nuke in the microwave in a casserole dish with a cover for 10 minutes...... screw all that boiling for an hour stuff.  have phenomenal results using this. Let cool and re-check the wetness,,,, you know  the old squeeze till a few drops thing. If it dried a little from nuking it just add a little more water and squeeze till a few drops come out....... perfect.Then crumble a PF cake in a ziplock and mix with about 1 part horse doo to one part colonized cake.....  stick in a tin pan and cover with tinfoil with a few holes in it ....  I swear the mycelia will RACE through it like you have never fucking seen. I`ve had dung/cake substrates colonize to 50 to 75 % in  24 hours...... I shitchoo not . Remove the foil when the top is about 50 to 75% colonized...then case with a non-nutritive layer or it ill over-lay badly .Either Verm..or coir.. or peat/verm mix.... an of the standard casings. Even if you don`t case and the damned thing overlays it will produce mass quantities from all  around the sides,.... I was shocked at the size of shrooms too. First flush was 270 wet grams. Here`s the last harrah on a dung/pfcake substrate.... only 5 shrooms but the ones in this pic weighed in at 69.5 wet grams !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You gotta try horse crap. If you can`t find it I`m sure a commercial bag of any store bought manure woud yeild great results also........  So quit diddle-daddlin and get off your ass and get some SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol.....  Good luck and to anyone else who hasn`t tried poop :smile: Oh yeah... by the way.. These are PS Amazonian strain from Sporeworks print..... freakin fat asses.... especially in doo-doo

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Edited by Numba9 (12/17/01 01:34 PM)

Offlineces420
Re: Manure [Re: Numba9]
    #494294 - 12/17/01 10:01 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

what about cow. theres a nice pasture behind afoafs house.......

Offlinejason890
Loc: alaska
Re: Manure [Re: ces420]
    #494360 - 12/17/01 11:15 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

how long did it take to get those shrooms after u cased?how thick was your cover layer?

Offlinesnakeboy55
journeyman
Loc: maine usa
Re: Manure [Re: BigScreen]
    #494390 - 12/17/01 11:45 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

A foaf uses horse shit mixed w/ straw 50-50 or 1/3 horse shit to 2/3 straw. This worked well w/ thai, mexi-cub, plantasia, and pesa. Used only half a crumbled cake to get loaf pan and cake pan sized casings going
used coir/oyster shell casing.
Very nice results.

--------------------
Perception is subjective. So Accept,Reject,and Move on,in order to seek out fun at every opportunity,simplify where you can.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
Re: Manure [Re: Numba9]
    #494457 - 12/18/01 01:50 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah those amazonian are fat I pulled my largest recently it was 51 grams wet and for some reason it appeared really early 2 days after casing. Soon as I picked it the casing started pinning as usual.

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: Manure [Re: durban_poison]
    #494588 - 12/18/01 06:33 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I have pins in 7-10 days after I remove the foil Jason. And Ces420... Cow is good shit too....... try to find the older, drier patties and not the real fresh ones though Cover layer was 1/2 inch of Coco-fiber.. or Coir as some call it !

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Edited by Numba9 (12/18/01 06:38 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale