Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigScreen
Stranger
Loc: Upper Midwest
Manure
    #493415 - 12/16/01 11:49 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

References for growing on manure anyone? I'm not a rookie, but any
personal advice on the matter would also be much appreciated. Thank you in advance, and by the way, to everybody, I try not to post frequently as personofication of myself amongst this community is not my goal. However, when I do post, I try and ask a question so as to recieve responses that will benifit the entire community. All of you who have spent as many hours in the forums as I have, I believe will appreciate that. I make no claim to being one of the legends who digitally reside here, but I do make all attempts at being a good student.

--------------------
The world is not a destination to achieve, but a reality to be experienced. A man who knows the Tao in the morning, may die with content in the evening.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: Manure [Re: BigScreen]
    #493631 - 12/17/01 08:29 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

bump.

my next attempt of casing will be with horse dung. i have about 8 jars of b+ (ralph syringe) and 8 jars of puerto ricans, all about 5 days away from being birthed. i too am interested in the responses to this post.

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Edited by XAZIA (12/17/01 08:30 AM)

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: Manure [Re: XAZIA]
    #493757 - 12/17/01 12:09 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

pr's can grow on manure? i was not aware... can any p cubensis fruit on dung?

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: Manure [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #493796 - 12/17/01 01:26 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Beppo.....  where have you been man..... ? Hell yeah they like dung.... they freakin love it. Find some  horse stables in your town if you can ... just tell them you want turds for your wife`s roses.. or garden blah blahblah. Horse shit is da SHIT i tell ya.I crumble road apples and pre-wet them .... then nuke in the microwave in a casserole dish with a cover for 10 minutes...... screw all that boiling for an hour stuff.  have phenomenal results using this. Let cool and re-check the wetness,,,, you know  the old squeeze till a few drops thing. If it dried a little from nuking it just add a little more water and squeeze till a few drops come out....... perfect.Then crumble a PF cake in a ziplock and mix with about 1 part horse doo to one part colonized cake.....  stick in a tin pan and cover with tinfoil with a few holes in it ....  I swear the mycelia will RACE through it like you have never fucking seen. I`ve had dung/cake substrates colonize to 50 to 75 % in  24 hours...... I shitchoo not . Remove the foil when the top is about 50 to 75% colonized...then case with a non-nutritive layer or it ill over-lay badly .Either Verm..or coir.. or peat/verm mix.... an of the standard casings. Even if you don`t case and the damned thing overlays it will produce mass quantities from all  around the sides,.... I was shocked at the size of shrooms too. First flush was 270 wet grams. Here`s the last harrah on a dung/pfcake substrate.... only 5 shrooms but the ones in this pic weighed in at 69.5 wet grams !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You gotta try horse crap. If you can`t find it I`m sure a commercial bag of any store bought manure woud yeild great results also........  So quit diddle-daddlin and get off your ass and get some SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol.....  Good luck and to anyone else who hasn`t tried poop :smile: Oh yeah... by the way.. These are PS Amazonian strain from Sporeworks print..... freakin fat asses.... especially in doo-doo

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Edited by Numba9 (12/17/01 01:34 PM)

Offlineces420
Re: Manure [Re: Numba9]
    #494294 - 12/17/01 10:01 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

what about cow. theres a nice pasture behind afoafs house.......

Offlinejason890
Loc: alaska
Re: Manure [Re: ces420]
    #494360 - 12/17/01 11:15 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

how long did it take to get those shrooms after u cased?how thick was your cover layer?

Offlinesnakeboy55
journeyman
Loc: maine usa
Re: Manure [Re: BigScreen]
    #494390 - 12/17/01 11:45 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

A foaf uses horse shit mixed w/ straw 50-50 or 1/3 horse shit to 2/3 straw. This worked well w/ thai, mexi-cub, plantasia, and pesa. Used only half a crumbled cake to get loaf pan and cake pan sized casings going
used coir/oyster shell casing.
Very nice results.

--------------------
Perception is subjective. So Accept,Reject,and Move on,in order to seek out fun at every opportunity,simplify where you can.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
Re: Manure [Re: Numba9]
    #494457 - 12/18/01 01:50 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah those amazonian are fat I pulled my largest recently it was 51 grams wet and for some reason it appeared really early 2 days after casing. Soon as I picked it the casing started pinning as usual.

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: Manure [Re: durban_poison]
    #494588 - 12/18/01 06:33 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I have pins in 7-10 days after I remove the foil Jason. And Ces420... Cow is good shit too....... try to find the older, drier patties and not the real fresh ones though Cover layer was 1/2 inch of Coco-fiber.. or Coir as some call it !

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Edited by Numba9 (12/18/01 06:38 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures