Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: telepathy test [Re: Ego Death]
    #4320330 - 06/21/05 10:47 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

How about leaving ME out of the discussion and instead address my objections?

But as long as we're on the ad hominem path, didn't you say earlier that you would prove your powers? Direct quote from earlier in this thread:

I'LL TAKE THE CHALLENGE!

Who do I call then?

So what's up? Did you apply for the JREF million dollar challenge? No, I didn't think you would.  :syringe:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: telepathy test [Re: Diploid]
    #4320332 - 06/21/05 10:48 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Because I cannot conciously control it. durrr :lol:

I said I would take the test I did not state I could achieve anything by doing so.

Now stop ignoring my questions and please read my posts fully before you jump to your assumptions.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #4320342 - 06/21/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Who wins the argument then dudes?

Offlinetrouted
journeyman
    #4320530 - 06/21/05 11:58 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Rupert Sheldrake published a report regarding this staring sense. Make what you will of it.

From Wikipedia, "Morphogenetic Fields":

In 2003 he published The Sense of Being Stared At, about a sense reported widely by a great many people. This included an experiment by blindfolding people with airline blindfolds, and placing people behind them to stare either at their neck or off to another target - half of each, chosen by coin toss or random number tables. As of the sound of a loud click, the person being stared at (or not) must say whether they are or are not being stared at. If the guess is wrong, and they are told that, they get it wrong less often. Over tens of thousands of trials, the score is consistently above chance: 60% when the subject is being looked at, extremely significant, but only 50% when they are not - random chance. This suggests there may be a weak sense of being stared at, but no sense of not being stared at. Sheldrake claims that these experiments have been very widely repeated, in schools in Connecticut and Toronto and a science museum in Amsterdam, with consistent results.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: telepathy test [Re: trouted]
    #4321077 - 06/21/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sheldrake published his results without peer review, he did not use standard double-blind methodology, and he did not use experimental control subjects. This renders his work pseudo-scientific nonsense no better than anecdote.

For a test to be scientifically valid, it must be designed so that the only possible cause of the effect is the cause being studied; this means the experiment must be double-blind and controlled. Any variation from this requirement and the test becomes subject to the Clever Hans effect and therefore meaningless.

I really need to get to work on that FAQ: Every scientifically valid (Read: meaningful) test searching for telepathy (or any other magical power) in the last 100+ years has come up empty. Only anecdote says this stuff exists. Anecdote says the Tooth Fairy exists too, but she never shows up at proper experiments.

And The Randi Foundation's $1 million prize has been up for grabs for 40 years. No one has yet passed the pretest.

Make what you will of that.

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
Re: telepathy test [Re: Swami]
    #4321912 - 06/21/05 06:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
QQ lost to 99 (set of nines)

ouch, the rest are 60/40 at best :P

Offlinea_h_w
Stranger
Re: telepathy test [Re: Digs]
    #4323807 - 06/22/05 05:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

just one thing about that premonition study. in all the posts I've made on this thread I haven't for one single time described an event of premonition. what I've been discussing are telepathy experiences in which someone perceives that something is occurring or has just occurred. so there can't really be any evidence unless you are next to that person and share the experience, nor can the person prevent the calamity, if that is the case.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: telepathy test [Re: a_h_w]
    #4324275 - 06/22/05 10:28 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

In other words, you're talking about an undefined something with no specific location or mode of action that cannot be induced or detected in any way except by the word of the person who claims the power.

Alright.

--------------------
Republican Values:

Offlinea_h_w
Stranger
Re: telepathy test [Re: Diploid]
    #4325454 - 06/22/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think it's pretty much defined: someone becomes aware (usually through a dream) of an event that is occurring or has just occurred somewhere else.
the location is actually very specific: it happens in a human brain.
the mode of action is yet unknown, but I believe in some cultures the induction of such states is achieved and controlled after proper training which usually takes a very long time and evolves something much larger than just telepathy.
and finally yes, it can only be detected by the experimenter (it's a subjective experience) or someone present at the experience.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: telepathy test [Re: a_h_w]
    #4941636 - 11/16/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

So, did anyone apply for a test at http://www.randi.org/research/index.html ?

Offlinementalunity
Messenger of Truth
Male

Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada, United...
Re: telepathy test [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #27516474 - 10/24/21 03:59 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Similar to your experience, the video below provides many more sources of evidence for telepathy (including telepathy as it relates to the use of psychedelics), and it explains how we can harness the power of telepathic communication for the purpose of literally stopping all the world's suffering - not selling anything for money, just offering honest information and a real solution :heart:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom