Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegreenpin
wierdo
Loc: FL, USA
Any other uses for unfruited cake?
    #493286 - 12/16/01 09:16 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Is there a way to use a cake to trip w/o grown mushrooms?

My two cakes are not doing so well. One has around 5 very small mushrooms with a larger width. Chode shrooms. hah. Well anyways, on the top of the cake is a large amount of mycelium and some yellowish balls. Some are joined together and some are single. The joined ones are looking like butts. On the other cakes are balls of mycelium on the sides. And the same activity on the top of the cake.

I believe my non-ability to fruit mushrooms is due to the varying temperture. I have no clue on how to keep them warm. The terrariums that the cakes are in are, 2 liter sode bottles. I fan new air into the twice to three times daily. And i spray water in there once a day. Water is always forming drops on the inside of the bottle. So i assume it has sufficient humidity.

My question is either can I make a tea of some sort out of the cake or would i be able to fruit them if i got something. They have been in the terrarium for over 2 weeks. My house is cold usually because of Mr. energy saver.

Thank you,
Stoly

--------------------
-stoly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: Any other uses for unfruited cake? [Re: greenpin]
    #493296 - 12/16/01 09:25 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'd say let them fruit, it'd take several cakes to trip.
To raise the temp there's a lot of things you can do. I'd take an aquarium heater and build an incubator if I were you

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

OfflineDane
Stranger
Re: Any other uses for unfruited cake? [Re: razer]
    #493520 - 12/17/01 03:41 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Do you have excess water forming on the cakes. My first attempt to grow shrooms failed because of this and because of low temps. I used a tuperware container. Now I have changed to styrophome cooler I am doing better.

Offlinegreenpin
wierdo
Re: Any other uses for unfruited cake? [Re: Dane]
    #493828 - 12/17/01 02:07 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

No, there are isnt any excess water forming on the cakes.

Does anyone know about the yellow balls forming on the top of the cake? Are they fatass shrooms like i read on the contamination forum? Also are the super small shrooms i see have any kind of potency?

Thanks for the answers,
Stol

--------------------
-stoly

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #493836 - 12/17/01 02:27 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

every shroom you see on your cakes(that is supposed to grow there...lol) has potency!

OfflineEther_Bunny
journeyman

Loc: The Mid-West
Heating suggestion... [Re: greenpin] * 2
    #493838 - 12/17/01 02:30 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

When I lived with my parents, I had a difficult time keeping my *meager* terrarium warm because my father was also Mr. Tight Ass when it came to the heat bill. I found this technique to work great for keeping my aquarium warm...

You'll need:
1 aquarium heater ($8)
1 Powerhead aquarium pump ($10)
1 empty gallon milk jug
6 ft. *approximately* of rubber tubing

Cut the top inch of the milk jug off so that you have enough room to submerse the pump and heater.
Fill the jug with *warm* water
Attach one end of the tubing to the output on the pump and feed the other end into the jug.
Run the tubing through your terrarium.
Turn on the pump and heater.

The water will flow through the tubing giving off radiant heat. By adjusting the heater, you can get the perfect temperature in your terrarium. Also works for incubators really well.

I started using this when I lived with my parents and still use it now. It's also more quiet than you'd think.

And so on...

--------------------
"the uncomfortable truth is *always* better than a comfortable lie"

OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
    #493852 - 12/17/01 02:46 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

take the cake and smash it into your forehead as you would a beer can perhaps. thats what i do with mine. slow painful death

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

OfflineNecron99
Protect youreyes from flyingsugar!

Loc: SATx
    #493858 - 12/17/01 02:54 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Somewhere in this thread is the tek for cakes:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum1&Number=445531&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all

Use 100% juice.

--------------------

"Puny earthlings do not yet know the meaning of the word suffering!!"

OfflineFreakShow
3n+hu$|@$+
    #494009 - 12/17/01 05:23 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

honestly, it sounds like those cakes are perfect material for casing. I wasn't having luck with two of my cakes and i had pins 2 days after casing. just food for thought!
50/50 verm/peatmoss seems to work well.. =)

Offlinegreenpin
wierdo
Re: Heating suggestion... [Re: Ether_Bunny]
    #494088 - 12/17/01 06:26 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ether_Bunny. How is that set up for noise? My father has extra sensory hearing. Super low music w/ very little bass and my dad comes in the room. "ahh go to sleep damnit and turn that music OFF". I was just using 2 liter bottles also btw. Such a great idea, thanks.

No way id ruin my cakes by crushing them. Nearly 4 months are growth has been going on. Im determined to trip off of them.

Thanks for that link to the juice extraction, i was thinking that that was the other method.

peace frogs,
Stoly

--------------------
-stoly

OfflineEther_Bunny
journeyman

Re: Heating suggestion... [Re: greenpin]
    #494587 - 12/18/01 06:29 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

My set up only makes a very slight *humming* noise. Powerheads are generally made to be virtually inaudible. When I lived with the *rents, I used the bottom drawer on my dresser to hold my aquarium and heater. It was a large drawer, big enough for a 10 gallon tank and the milk jug. I wrapped the inside of the drawer with a thick towel to dampen any noise that was made by the powerhead pump.
I also rigged the drawer up so that you had to reach under the dresser to trigger a latch. My parents didn't snoop in my room, but I did that just as a safety precaution. Mom thought that I just kept junk in that drawer.

Ah, the shit kids get away with...

--------------------

Offlinetomldp
Shroomeur

Loc: Europe
    #494599 - 12/18/01 06:58 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Fan more often ! This sounds like fatasses. You should try to find another terrarium for your shrooms (bigger bottles, or small plastic boxes). As for the temperature, try to put an electrical device that produces heat near your terrarium if you cannot afford or hide a better heater. Wait till you condamn your cakes ! Patience is a great value !

--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

OfflineEther_Bunny
journeyman

Re: Any other uses for unfruited cake? [Re: tomldp]
    #494791 - 12/18/01 12:04 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Soaking used cakes in 80 proof alcohol is a fun alternative to the cranberry juice tek.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag