Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinebizmark
journeyman
stupid recession
    #492393 - 12/15/01 10:32 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Why can't I get a job? Surely, there is some place hiring in the Alamo Heights-area of San Antonio. I don't want to be drug tested, but why...why aren't people buying things? Why is business down everywhere I apply for a job? I want to make money, I want to work, but not one single place I have applied to is hiring, or so they say. What do I, a perfectly capable high school junior, lack that others have? Do I smell bad?This is bullshit.

--------------------
baby, you got what i need
and you say he's just a friend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: stupid recession [Re: bizmark]
    #492718 - 12/16/01 08:59 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

welcome to the club...well i do have a job but every now and then i put my resume' out just to see if "something better" comes along and latly nothing has. They've been laying people off left and right. Good thing for me i'm not on the chopping block but i'd never be foolish enough to think that i'm untouchable. I'm assuming your unskilled because of your age so keep looking high schoolers are the best to hire because you don't have to pay them that much, relativly speaking ofcourse.

Good luck in your search..i hoope the economy and consumer confidence goes back up,,because that's the real problem.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
    #492724 - 12/16/01 09:15 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Recession is caused by people speculating that there is going to be a recession. It's all about consumer confidence etc.. I just saw a interview with some shoppers on Canadian TV - they intended to spend less because "people are spending less" not because they had less money. It is a recognised way of controlling the economy. Endless news reports that bad times may be on the way actually cause the economic downturn. In the UK in the past few decades, increasing unemployment has been used as a method of keeping inflation under control.

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #493742 - 12/17/01 11:41 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

How would unemployment be used to keep inflation down?
That whole sentence will keep me thinking for hours.

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: stupid recession [Re: nugsarenice]
    #493776 - 12/17/01 12:44 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Because the more money people have, the more things cost.

Let's say you owned a business. You sell widgets. One day, a bunch of people come in and buy all your widgets. The next day you would increase the price of the widgets to make more money. And so the cycle goes until something happens to change it.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: stupid recession [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #493780 - 12/17/01 12:59 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i like widgets..i have 4 of them

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #493785 - 12/17/01 01:08 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Bizmark,, you should search for farming communites, farming is an honest profession and always hiring.
.. Also I understand that the more money people have the more things cost, but I still don't understand the concept of unemployment to keep inflation down.
You say more people have no money so reduce the cost of goods. I say raise inflation, marginilize the class system, produce more money for lower class. I don't know though. Maybe we should lower inflation, and keep the wealth of families who have been rich for thousands of years alive. And have interest.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#493853 - 12/17/01 02:49 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i think he's trying to compare it to supply and demand

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
    #493911 - 12/17/01 03:51 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Inflation is caused by spending, if people have less money, consumer spending drops, and retailers are more reluctant about increasing their prices.

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #493913 - 12/17/01 03:51 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

".. Also I understand that the more money people have the more things cost, but I still don't understand the concept of unemployment to keep inflation down.
You say more people have no money so reduce the cost of goods. I say raise inflation, marginilize the class system, produce more money for lower class. I don't know though. Maybe we should lower inflation, and keep the wealth of families who have been rich for thousands of years alive. And have interest. "

That's what Clinton did and we are paying for now.

Raising inflation is just a bad idea. Eventually, prices will catch up and we find ourselves exactly in the same boat we are in now, but with a weaker dollar.

The rich stay rich. That is just capitalism. There is nothing wrong with it. It gives the rest of us somthing to strive for.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinebizmark
journeyman
    #496484 - 12/19/01 10:34 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I'm planning on finishing high school and going to college, so a farming community doesn't seem like the best kind of part-time job right now. In the future, I would not at all mind living on a simple farm. But now, it's not for me.

--------------------
baby, you got what i need
and you say he's just a friend

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: stupid recession [Re: mm.]
    #496520 - 12/19/01 11:08 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

mm. writes:

"Inflation is caused by spending"

You are confusing a rise in the cost of living with inflation. Inflation has one and only one cause: a government going apeshit with the printing presses at the mint. This is what "nugsarenice" proposed a few threads back as a reasonable thing to do.

pinky

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom