Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Alternative power?
    #4929939 - 11/13/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Does anybody employ a wind/water mill or solar or bio-diesel and a generator?

I'm going to run my future household 100% off-grid by employing as many alternative power methods as economical. Just wondering if anybody has made that move themselves.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejarroddupont
I shroom we Allshroom

Loc: midwest of ...
Re: Alternative power? [Re: TODAY]
    #4930127 - 11/13/05 08:31 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

My roomates and I made a shed in the backyard with a TV, window unit AC, mini-fridge, and celingfan/lamp...we've got Solar Panels on the roof and a Wind-turbine (I think that's what it's called) for power.

It's in the process (one of my roomates got these things from his college as an experiment [get tokeep it thought])
He's still got to hook up power-storage cells and then it'll be ready.

On a Sunny Windy day..we could potnetially generate enough energy to load the power cells with 72 hours worth of constant 2500 watt power.

If all goes well, we're going to ask the landlord if he'll consider installing solar panels and wind-turbines.

--------------------
P. Cubensis Growth Parameters
"All mushrooms are edible, but some only once."
-- Croatian Proverb

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Alternative power? [Re: jarroddupont]
    #4931209 - 11/14/05 02:33 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

hey that's great news!

does your location get lots of wind through it? curious to see how effective wind power can be.

what was the cost of this project and did you diy?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Invisiblejarroddupont
I shroom we Allshroom

Loc: midwest of ...
Re: Alternative power? [Re: TODAY]
    #4931291 - 11/14/05 03:23 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Kansas, some days it's windy as all hell and other days calm...really depends, but overall, moderately windy..

The supplies were given to my buddy (roomate) by his college as an experiment. We're in the process of it all now..

Did it ourselves (I helped with mechanics, he did the wiring, for the best)..

Assuming his data is good (statistics, graphs, PAPER) is good, they said he'd be able to keep the stuff.
(2 other students on the same project as well, whoever supplies the most information keeps the equipment)

Hopefully all goes well. But from the information he was supplied, on an optimal day, the panels and wind-turbines can produce enough energy to charge the storage cells to capacity
(which is amazingly 2500 watts for continuous 72 hours)

The panels are 6'x9' (4 of them) and the turbines I'm not sure the specs, I know the axle for the blades is geared in some ratio for maximum output..

If you're interested, I'll ask him to get on here on go into a little more depth about it. Either tonight or tomorrow, I'm going to sleep ZzZzZzZzz Zz Z zzz zz z z

Jarrod~

--------------------
P. Cubensis Growth Parameters
"All mushrooms are edible, but some only once."
-- Croatian Proverb

Edited by jarroddupont (11/14/05 03:31 AM)

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Alternative power? [Re: jarroddupont]
    #4931410 - 11/14/05 05:56 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

try googling 200 mpg carb. some literature on energy conservation and do it yourself kits for your car and house will pop up.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies