Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRainier
big yellow joint
Loc: Oly Wa
Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: toratiger]
    #4936540 - 11/15/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I've never been questioned by anyone while hunting but I have gotten a few "I wonder why that girl is messing around in that ditch" curious looks, I just flash those people a friendly smile and they seem put at ease. The story I've planned in case anyone asks is "I belong to a mushroom club and I'm looking for some samples to bring in" (believable since the mushroom club is a block away from me) or "I'm looking for chanterelles" which is not totally a lie since I'd love to find some chanterelles.

I HATE dealing with cops even when I've done nothing wrong. It's so intimidating.

--------------------

"Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
    #4936551 - 11/15/05 10:11 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

A year ago I wrote a letter to a very angry farmer who has used barbed-wire, barricades and two vicious dogs to keep people off his land (with one very heavy lib producing field). I stated that I was a student of mycology, was fully conversant with what I think we in the U.K still call "The Countryside Code",that his land had not always been fully respected by some other pickers and asked his permission to pick. I received no reply. This year I wasn't willing to go through all the hassle of negotiating my way on to the major site so continued to pick on one of his more secluded fields well away from the house. However for once he espied this lupine thief and persued me in his 4X4 ! I made my escape, picking as I disappeared (I ain't no "Silver"-wolf for nothing), went back early some days later and finished picking. It was bad enough before but the new legislation has simply increased the paranoia of picker and pickee. Can't we all just share the damn Planet?

S

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Edited by Silverwolf (11/15/05 10:19 AM)

OfflineAnansi
------------

Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: spores]
    #4937733 - 11/15/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Last year I got hassled in a similiar way. I was picking at a popular spot and these two guys who were obviously picking left the spot and as they walked by they said that some guy was asking them lots of questions and they were getting out of there. I thought that it might just be a trick to get me to leave, so I stayed. About a half hour and lots of finds later I am sitting deep down in the grass picking when a mother fucker of a jogger comes back with a cop(a female copper) looking for the guys that I had talked to earlier. I should have believed those guys. Anyways I said straight up that I was picking mushrooms for a mycology class. I was asked for my id and I gave it. Mind you I had a backpack full that was just slumped over because they came up on me too fast and I had no chance to close it. The talk goes on a bit and they actually buy into my story. It is funny because the jogger was takling to the cop saying that I was not one of two he had seen earlier and how those two were up to no good and how they told him some bs from being from a far away college. I continued to legitamize my story by talking to the jogger and cop, but they were all lies I was making up on the spot. It was lucky too because I cant get into specifics but this jogger knew too much, at any second I was about to be exposed for fake info like the false prof and class names I gave. I also said I was picking galerinas autamnalis just to seem more sophisticated about mycology ect. They decided I was legit and left me alone, except to try and get me to give info on the other two guys. So I lied through my teeth and said they drove off in a red pickup, and the copper radioed it in (funny thing is they had a blue car). Felt good to give them a false lead heh. The copper and jogger eventually left and I sat still for a few minutes and then slinked home so god damn fast. At that point I thought they were just letting me go to catch me elsewhere and just trying to build a case, I was paranoid as hell. But nothing ever came of it and this story has a happy ending, no one got BUSTED! fuck you police. It was lucky too because I was stoned off my ass through the whole ordeal but I played it off, thankfully I had used clear eyes before I went out hunting.

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: Anansi]
    #4938622 - 11/15/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

sheesh, lucky you.

yeah what the fuck is up with these super suspicious joggers??? god, talk about paranoid uptight assholes...especially when they can see quite easily that youre looking for/picking mushrooms. ok so yes it's illegal. but HOW the hell does something so non-violent and peaceful as picking a few shrooms affect them personally??? To think that they'd actually report someone to the police for such a casual thing, it's absurd. i mean seriously, do they get some kind of sick and twisted satisfaction or pride out of helping the authorities bust "criminals" picking mushrooms? these narc-ish people must just live the most boring, naive, and morally twisted lives.

{Peace}

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

Offlinetoratiger
HARD ROCK CAFEPIN ADDICT

Loc: OUTER SPACE AT THE END OF...
Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: Soularize]
    #4943232 - 11/16/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Soularize said:
i mean seriously, do they get some kind of sick and twisted satisfaction or pride out of helping the authorities bust "criminals" picking mushrooms? these narc-ish people must just live the most boring, naive, and morally twisted lives.
{Peace}

Sick, morally twisted, boring, and naive describes certain people pretty good, but you forgot to include sheep! <I appologize for any sheep that might find the comparison offensive>
However, take pity on them, they really are sick and tortured!

Too bad they all can't just be taken to the Vet to be 'put to sleep', and thus put out of all OUR misery! haha

--------------------
DON'T GO AWAY MAD, JUST GO AWAY!

PEOPLE SAY I'M A RADICAL RIGHT WINGER! I AM NOT, I'M PROGRESSIVE.
I ONLY APPEAR RIGHT WING BECAUSE LIBERALS LIKE HITLER, MUSOLINNI, J.KERRY, J.EDGER HOOVER, RUSH LIMBAUGH, SEAN HANNITY, JESSE HELMS, NIXON AND BUSH, ARE ALL TO MY LEFT.
LIBERALS! I HATE 'EM ALL

DON'T WORRY, WHEN I'M DICTATOR, HEADS WILL ROLL.

InvisibleWormholeSurfer
Stranger
Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4965979 - 11/21/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LouiseLouise said:
Thanks for sharing DH.
I know the cops are not allowed to search w/o your permission, but I always get shaken by their intimidation.
For example, I work 2nd shift and I have to drive through "ouschwitz" at like 1:30 in the morning. I get pulled over regular. Every time, they sift through my ashtray, I haven't been broken down and searched yet, but they get pretty nosey. I haven't found the balls yet at the heat of the moment to say "You can't just get in my car and search the ashtray"
They really can't, but with all them lights and intimidation, I think to myself I don't need to create more of a hassle and every time I go away feeling more harrassed and less protected by these people, sheesh :rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm glad you're ok and walked away without trouble.

you should put a spring loaded jack-in-the-box type of thing in your ashtray, and the next time you get pulled and asked about the ashtray, say "you definitely dont want to look in there" while giving them your best dodgy look

Offlinecloudhopper
Stranger
Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: WormholeSurfer]
    #4966166 - 11/21/05 10:07 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, I noticed that you snapped your mushrooms instead of pulling them out by the mycel roots. I've been trying to promote that practice over at mycotopia, but most ppl said it's a myth and that pulling the shroom out by the roots wont hurt the network at all and they will continue to grow. Your thoughts?

OfflineESanceOfCyan
MushroomMogul
Male User Gallery

Loc: SeaTown
Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: cloudhopper]
    #4966249 - 11/21/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

You MUST use a Knife, Razor, Scissors, thumbnail, or something otherwise, YES YOU FUCK UP THE NETWORK!!
If anyone argues with you on that FACT send 'em my way, ill be more than happy to end their hunting years :smile:  :cannibal:

--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

Offlineelementalpunk
cubensis seeker
Loc: Tennessee
Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: ESanceOfCyan]
    #4966834 - 11/22/05 01:21 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I get shakened by the intimidation usually too. I guess I could say Im use to it. I use to skateboard alot around town and they would constantly threatning to take our boards away and wright us tickets.

OfflineMcdoopy
Fungus Face
 User Gallery

Loc: Varrok Center
Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: elementalpunk]
    #4967060 - 11/22/05 04:42 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Cops suck.

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: Anansi]
    #4967093 - 11/22/05 05:42 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Anansi said:
Last year I got hassled in a similiar way. I was picking at a popular spot and these two guys who were obviously picking left the spot and as they walked by they said that some guy was asking them lots of questions and they were getting out of there. I thought that it might just be a trick to get me to leave, so I stayed. About a half hour and lots of finds later I am sitting deep down in the grass picking when a mother fucker of a jogger comes back with a cop(a female copper) looking for the guys that I had talked to earlier. I should have believed those guys. Anyways I said straight up that I was picking mushrooms for a mycology class. I was asked for my id and I gave it. Mind you I had a backpack full that was just slumped over because they came up on me too fast and I had no chance to close it. The talk goes on a bit and they actually buy into my story. It is funny because the jogger was takling to the cop saying that I was not one of two he had seen earlier and how those two were up to no good and how they told him some bs from being from a far away college. I continued to legitamize my story by talking to the jogger and cop, but they were all lies I was making up on the spot. It was lucky too because I cant get into specifics but this jogger knew too much, at any second I was about to be exposed for fake info like the false prof and class names I gave. I also said I was picking galerinas autamnalis just to seem more sophisticated about mycology ect. They decided I was legit and left me alone, except to try and get me to give info on the other two guys. So I lied through my teeth and said they drove off in a red pickup, and the copper radioed it in (funny thing is they had a blue car). Felt good to give them a false lead heh. The copper and jogger eventually left and I sat still for a few minutes and then slinked home so god damn fast. At that point I thought they were just letting me go to catch me elsewhere and just trying to build a case, I was paranoid as hell. But nothing ever came of it and this story has a happy ending, no one got BUSTED! fuck you police. It was lucky too because I was stoned off my ass through the whole ordeal but I played it off, thankfully I had used clear eyes before I went out hunting.

A good tip; Don't just tell them you are picking edibles or whatever, try to have some examples in one of the bags (or boxes !) and maybe a picking licence (you must have one now to pick edibles in the our local National Park) or membership card for your national/county/state mycological society (certainly something I've considered and which, if I could afford to, I would do !).

S

--------------------
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery
    #4967123 - 11/22/05 06:26 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

you stumbled on the patch of the guy in the first car. he was pissed and dropped a dime on your ass...

good post by the way...

:peace:
cateyes

OfflineWhiteBunny
How deep doesthe rabbit hole go?
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: cateyes]
    #4968666 - 11/22/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

great story and I like the pictures too. I wish the cube patches looked like those.

WB

--------------------

OfflineMystic_Rain_Man
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: WhiteBunny]
    #5042943 - 12/10/05 04:44 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Man, these stories put a chill down my spine.

I have never been stopped by the police or anybody for that matter... I hunt at night along the roads and during the day in the woods. But I am beginning to think 'what if'. I am a longed haired, kinda mean looking guy, who usually wears an old green jacket(or a black thick trucker coat when it's really cold) with big metal clasps and ripped jeans when I go hunting(it's my 'work' uniform)... I sometimes scare the hell out of my neighbors at night when they drive by and see me walking along side the road with my head down. Though I don't linger and have yet to be stopped by anybody and told anything other than 'jeeze, you scared us'... But who knows? I'd have one hell of a time explaining to a cop what i'm doing in a field at 10 to 2 PM...

I see what some of you guys mean with the 'do gooders' who won't mind their own damn business. When I was younger I had plenty of run ins with people like this, from being 4 years old and having an old bat tell you she will report you for eating a piece of candy in a supermarket to 14 and being told by a neighbor to move a skateboard ramp off the street because we might 'injure ourselves'(ha, I remember calling my mom out to have a talk with her). Sick of these damn people, which is why I try to find secluded spots to hunt, heh, so far, not much luck lately with finding active shrooms, but this thread has put things in perspective, I gotta find better techniques. Any idea of what to say when somebody starts questioning me other than 'Fuck off, bitch'?

OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: Mystic_Rain_Man]
    #5046057 - 12/10/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I would not say I did not know what the cyans are. I would say they are either Galerinas or Marasmius oreadus, the fairy ring mushroom, it's ok for me to mistake one mushroom for another.

Also never stay for more than 20 min max when picking shrooms. It is better to come back another day than stay for like 45 mins picking. I usually am in and out in 15 mins. This is important cause if someone does call the cops I will most likely be gone befoe they arrive. A call about someone picking mushrooms at a park, or moving in and out of bushes is not likely to be placed at the top of the response list at the 911 center.

In most cases it will take the police at least 20 mins and probably more like 30 to 45 min to get to your location. If you are gone withing 15 to 20 mins you will most likly have already left.

--------------------
Everything I say in these posts is a made up fiction.

OfflineMystic_Rain_Man
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: SoftRat]
    #5046934 - 12/11/05 03:09 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Softrat, that is sound advice. It's good not to linger in one spot, if there are plenty of mushrooms to be picked I like to plan it out. Get in quickly pick that, pick this, 15-25 minutes in and out. I get paranoid when doing something illegal and usally come and go every few hours, if you're quick and know where to look, you could get a nice harvest in around 10-15 minutes.

Offlinestumpjumper
Mushroom Hound

Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: Mystic_Rain_Man]
    #5047775 - 12/11/05 10:59 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I was pulled over one time when I was 16 for driving through town too many times. the cop made me open my trunk which had a bunch of rocks in it. The rocks were actually native american artifacts that I had found a few days prior. No arrowheads, just some larger objects, a couple hammer stones and a mortar, so he gives me a bunch of shit about the rocks like they were murder weapons or some shit. He was actually going to confiscate them untill another cop pulled up and his whole attitude changed. I hate pigs.

--------------------
www.mushroomhole.com

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: Xenophobic]
    #5048339 - 12/11/05 01:47 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Xenophobic said:
I thought the same thing as angryshroom, that you can't say "no" when a policeman asks you to turn your pockets/bag out.  I suppose you could but that would give them grounds for suspicion, hence arrest.

NO it doesn't, you've been fooled by the intimidation tactics already. I refuse to the police every time I see them, out of principal sometimes. If they ask you something, as if you are legally obligated to disclose that information or whatever. Remember, they have to play by rules of people who grew hemp n shit :smile: the people who wrote the bill of rights didnt wanna be hastled and shit and neither do you, and you don't have to incriminate yourself accordingly. If they ask if there would be drugs in your car etc just say that you do not give them the permission to search your belongings. Now if they want to get a search warrant they have to go to a Judge. A judge will NEVER give a search warrant on the grounds of you refusing a search because he knows the law and knows that you not wanting to be searched is more basic to the constitution than anything the cops are doing. If they DO search your car you might spend the night in jail and have to post bail but it will never hold up in court if it's an illegal search. I've spent a couple days in jail, never been close to convicted even when I was way at fault and I live in an extremely antidrug county

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Hassled by the cops [Re: lardnar]
    #5056764 - 12/13/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Apparently in Cambridge it is still a statutory offence to "Pedal Furiously" on your pushbike in the town precincts (so if you go cycling in Cambridge for godsake don't lose your rag !).

--------------------
"Arafel."

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
searches [Re: Silverwolf]
    #5059882 - 12/13/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

one thing i was looking for that none of you hit on here:

it's called a "terry pat." it is the ONLY type of search officers can perform on the spot if they really, really, really want to be a dick.

when they ask if they can search you, or say they think you should let them search you, ask them why. after they explain, ask them "are you asking me to allow you to search me or are you instructing me to submit to a search?" if they say they want you to let them search you, just tell them sorry, you feel it's a violation of your privacy, and that you arent doing anything wrong.

if they should respond that they are instructing you, make sure you verify that they want to perform a terry pat. all this is, is a general pat down of your pockets, and if they find anything i believe they have to ask you to remove it from your pocket. the beauty of this is that ANYTHING THEY FIND THAT IS NOT A WEAPON CANNOT BE CONSIDERED EVIDENCE OF ANYTHING IN A COURT OF LAW.

so unless you've got a gun in your pocket, they can't even site you for what they find, the only thing they can do is confiscate it.

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale