Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
FUCKING DISCOVERY CHANNEL
    #4926946 - 11/12/05 08:36 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'm beginning to hate this channel.

They are constantly playing 3 main shows: biker buildoff, monster garage and myth busters. ALL OF THEM FUCKING SUCK. THEY SUCK. THEY ARE NOT GOOD.

Then once in a while they play something I might like. A few days ago there was a special on how life evolved beginning with the cambrian explosion.

Now here's my problem with ANY DOCUMENTARY that discovery channel does. Listen carefully because this is my main point:

They LIE. They fucking just make shit up. This is supposed to be a documentary, yet its mostly all MADE UP. It's fake. It ain't real. AND everything they say is biased.

For example. We're dealing with extinct animals here. Things that don't exist anymore. They are gone. No human has ever seen one. All we have are fossils. They've been gone FOR EIGHTY MILLION YEARS. Got that?

How the fuck would they know what the mating dance of some primitive reptile is? How the fuck would they know it's mating habits at all?

In one part a GIANT FISH swims on land to attack one of the early amphibians. THIS IS A FUCKING FISH IT CAN'T ATTACK ANYTHING ON LAND. YOU FUCKING IDIOTS, IT'S FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE FOR A FUCKING FISH TO SWIM TEN METERS ONTO LAND, BITE AN AMPHIBIAN, THEN TURN AROUND AND GO BACK INTO THE OCEAN. EVEN IF IT COULD, HOW COULD YOU PROVE IT? IT'S BEEN DEAD FOR EIGHTY MILLION YEARS.

Whenever they show any kind of arthropod it puts on the scary music. Whatever species at the time is most related to humans is now the victim here, the nasty horrible arthropod is gonna get em.. waaa waaa.

Get your fucking heads out of your asses. It's like they want to flash the scariest looking beasts they can to get everyone really riled up. Basically whatever animal at that particular time period is most closely related to humans is the good guy. Any thing else is bad, especially if you're an arthropod... those fucking arthropods are evil motherfuckers!

And finally you have daily planet, which I no longer watch. Because of that they moronic woman, natasha fuck up. Why don't they just get it over with and show us her tits, then at least we can make lamp shade out of her or something useful.

It's just like TLC. When it first came out there was good stuff on it. Now it's all Trading Spaces and makeover shows, back to back to back to back to back to back to back.

But I guess I shouldn't complain since I am getting free cable illegally.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: FUCKING DISCOVERY CHANNEL [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4926957 - 11/12/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

their doing a big show about the Bird flu "possible" pandemic...

called "killer flu",hahaha

History channel is soooo much better than anything Discovery could ever become..

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #4926963 - 11/12/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

"IT'S FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE FOR A FUCKING FISH TO SWIM TEN METERS ONTO LAND, BITE AN AMPHIBIAN AND GO BACK TO THE SEA"

no its not silly nuts

killer whales still use this exact technique frequently. when tide is high they swim and blast up onto the shore and eat penguins and seals and shit then slide back down

but yeah i saw that same documentary and was thinking they had to fabricate / guess for some stuff

still pretty fucking cool crazy pre dinosaur giant scorpions and monsters btw i love sushi and pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosa}JR F{"HFw"ODhg'

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #4926970 - 11/12/05 08:44 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I grew up with the discovery channel. It is a major contributor to my development of gifted intelligence.

whether they are fucktards now I know not -- but it used to be the place to go to learn something and enjoy doing it.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

InvisibleBLAST_420
Stranger
Re: FUCKING DISCOVERY CHANNEL [Re: Konnrade]
    #4926975 - 11/12/05 08:45 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

dirty jobs is a good show

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4926986 - 11/12/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I like Mythbusters.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4926989 - 11/12/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I agree. Discovery channel used to be cool. Now it's a bunch of bullshit.
You're right about everything. They make most of it up.. pull random shit out of their ass, present it as solid scientific fact that cannot be disputed. And they are biased as fuck. Nature shows on Discovery channel used to be just animals in nature, with some narrator guy occassionally commenting on something with an english accent. Now they make computer graphics of jurrasic park shit, which they have NO IDEA about anything.. and then go on to tell you their life story and how they fucked and what they ate every morning for breakfast. Total bullshit. Mythbusters sucks too. What real myths have they busted? They bust stupid ass myths no one has ever heard of. The ones I've seen.. they painted the guy with gold latex paint to see if it would have any effects.. duh. But what kind of fucking myth is that? Not one I've ever heard of. They should test the 7 hits of LSD makes you legally insane myth, and shit like that.. myths that would ACTUALLY make a difference in something.

--------------------

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: FUCKING DISCOVERY CHANNEL [Re: Shroomism]
    #4926992 - 11/12/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

LIEKK OMG WERE ALL GONNA DIE FROM BIRD FLU H-12OAS VIRUS...

DISCOVERY TOLDED ME SO,JUST NOW!!!!!OMGOMGOMGOMGGGGGG

--------------------

Stranger

Re: FUCKING DISCOVERY CHANNEL [Re: Moonshoe]
    #4926993 - 11/12/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, that's what we're dealing with here. A giant fish the size of around a killer whale. So they thought, hey, it could probably, duhh duuhhh, attack the , duhh duhh duhh, amphibians up there. Duhhh.

Are there any large fish that do this today? Is there any evidence they ever did this?

They don't even say whether it is likely or not, they just say the giant fish did this, and did that, and really they have no clue. It's just a made for tv documentary designed to keep a complete retard occupied for an hour.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4927000 - 11/12/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

For example. We're dealing with extinct animals here. Things that don't exist anymore. They are gone. No human has ever seen one. All we have are fossils. They've been gone FOR EIGHTY MILLION YEARS. Got that?

How the fuck would they know what the mating dance of some primitive reptile is? How the fuck would they know it's mating habits at all?

Footprints, etc. Also, archaeologists can tell a lot about an animal just by the bones, and comparing them to modern animals with similar skeletal structures. Sure, there's a lot of guesswork involved, but they're educated guesses, made by experts in their field. Personally, I really enjoy those dinosaur documentaries. I agree with you about those other shows, though. I don't give a damn about Trading Spaces, Monster Garage, and other uneducational shows. History Channel surpassed Discovery Channel a long time ago.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4927001 - 11/12/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

HOW DARE YOU question the almighty discovery channel.. they are omnipotent and omniscient.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: FUCKING DISCOVERY CHANNEL [Re: Moonshoe]
    #4927002 - 11/12/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
"IT'S FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE FOR A FUCKING FISH TO SWIM TEN METERS ONTO LAND, BITE AN AMPHIBIAN AND GO BACK TO THE SEA"
no its not silly nuts
killer whales still use this exact

little bitty archer fish also hunt food above the surface

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: FUCKING DISCOVERY CHANNEL [Re: Silversoul]
    #4927008 - 11/12/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

At least the history channel deals with real documented facts, and video footage.

--------------------

Stranger

#4927012 - 11/12/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Nature shows on Discovery channel used to be just animals in nature, with some narrator guy occassionally commenting on something with an english accent. Now they make computer graphics of jurrasic park shit, which they have NO IDEA about anything.. and then go on to tell you their life story and how they fucked and what they ate every morning for breakfast. Total bullshit.

EXACTLY :thumbup:

If they just played some clips of squirrels fucking it would be an improvement on their current nature shows. The only place that plays good nature shows is the aboriginal network, cbc occasionally and pbs.

What I wouldn't do for a documentary special on mushrooms. Just info on mushrooms. Or plants. Or just some animal. Real information with the occasional well informed narration.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4927018 - 11/12/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

adjust said:
They don't even say whether it is likely or not, they just say the giant fish did this, and did that, and really they have no clue. It's just a made for tv documentary designed to keep a complete retard occupied for an hour.

It would be too boring for the average viewer if they explained why they think these animals exhibited these behaviors, and it would be too long to fill the show's timeslot. So instead, they try to present a rough picture of what they estimate the world was like back then. The Discovery Channel is not made for scientists. It's made for regular people with an interest in learning new things.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4927033 - 11/12/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
At least the history channel deals with real documented facts, and video footage.

They also deal with ancient tribes and cultures with no written record. The Celts, for example. Or the people who built Stonehenge. Don't think for a second that human history doesn't involve a lot of guesswork too.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4927034 - 11/12/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Then I guess regular people are stupid and believe anything you tell them.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4927043 - 11/12/05 09:00 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:

You mean like communicating with aliens? :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4927057 - 11/12/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

That was not a complete sentence.

No, not like communicating with aliens.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4927058 - 11/12/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

Shroomism said:

You mean like communicating with aliens? :smirk:

:lol: :rofl2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract