Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAzurepower
addict
Loc: Portland Oregon>
a good millet tek/quinoa tek? * 1
    #492509 - 12/16/01 12:35 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i would love to know a good tek using millet or quinoa for a substrate anyone know should i just do it pf tek and use millet or quinoa instead of BFR? help is appriciated!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzurepower
addict
Re: a good millet tek/quinoa tek? [Re: Azurepower]
    #492526 - 12/16/01 01:00 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

blablablah i seem to get more replys this way sorry im just an impatient cubensis cultivater!

OfflineAzurepower
addict
    #492531 - 12/16/01 01:02 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

blablablah i seem to get more replys this way sorry im just an impatient cubensis cultivatah

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #493428 - 12/17/01 12:03 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

chill with the blablas,

alien has a very complicated but good recipe using quinoa and stuff. It's good, but I always went back to good old cheap bird seed. Nothing is easier, nothing much better. Pure millet you could use in a similar way. Just simmer on the stove for 45 min in an excess of water. Don't boil. Stir occasionaly. Drain. Rinse. fill quarts 1/2 to 2/3 full. Add a little scoop of gypsum if you want to/have some.

You could of course just make a flour in the coffee grinder and do pf style. I always thought that was a waste though. If you really want to to a pf style cake, just mix the cooked millet with verm 2 to 1. Like Hawk's magic formula. Or just forget about the verm altogether if your going to case it anyway, it's just a waste of space and money and effort etc.

Hawks magic formula can be found on his site, maybe in the teks section. Aliens should be in the teks section, but you may have to search for it.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Edited by mycofile (12/17/01 12:05 AM)

Offlineazurescen
meanderinemushie muncher
Loc: bellingham wa
Re: a good millet tek/quinoa tek? [Re: mycofile]
    #494762 - 12/18/01 11:25 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I have used a millet/quinoa tek exclusively for the past 3 years.
millet steeped for an hour first.
2 parts millet(steeped)
1part quinoa(flour)
1/2part vermiculite.
I am too cheapo to go with big jars(too small of a pressure cooker) so I use 1/2 pints with a 1/2 inch vermic layer and innoculate via oven tek.
I find that this formula yields me approx 140 wet grams per cake cased and approx 240-290 grams when used to mix with straw(50/50 grain to straw ratio as close as can be guessed.
The quinoa flour is excellent to get things going for the mycelium. once the mycelium has begun to consume the flour, it has much more energy to penetrate the whole millet much more quickly. a varied substrate(large and small nutrient pieces) is essentail for a healthy mycelial matrix for ALL MUSHROOMS!
Iguess the vermic isnt really necessary, but it keeps things loose, and keeps a lot of air in there for the mycelium to breathe.
colinization is approx 2 weeks tops at 82 degrees f
the stats: quinoa has 10x the nutrients of brf, millet is also more nutritious, just dont know how much
I have been using just a plain vermic casing sometimes, or a casing of plain potting soil microwaved for 10 minutes and let sit for a day or two.
I crumble cakes into tray. same day, I nuke soil.
after 2 days or so, when the mycelium has recovered somewhat, I case with the soil.
I always notice super phatty rhizomorphs protruding like fingers from the casing within a week.

--------------------
if the sign says dont pick the mushrooms, you should probably pick them

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: a good millet tek/quinoa tek? [Re: azurescen]
    #498901 - 12/22/01 09:21 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

so you don't add any additional water to the substrate after steeping?

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #499163 - 12/23/01 04:49 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I found this one:

Amaranth grain and Quinoa

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract