Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenobbik
journeyman
lotsa shrooms
    #490762 - 12/14/01 03:49 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i have fruited a few dozen cakes but never cased. i now have a growroom that measures 15 ft X 10 ft. i m currently making shelves about ever 20" that wrap around the entire room. i have a large amount of jars that are colonizing and am planning on using the straw tek to get larger yields. if anyone can tell me if they foresee any problems that i might run into ahead of time that would be greatly appreciated. also, since i m planning on having so many trays right next to each other. would it be easier for all of them to get contaminated if just one of them did? i was also thinking about experimenting w/ one of the trays and putting twice the amt of grinded up cake in it . would this be over kill, or would i get more shrooms out of that tray. any help would save me time and effort.

--------------------
a very funny signature that makes everyone laugh and think i'm cool

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineflaw
enthusiast
Re: lotsa shrooms [Re: nobbik]
    #490830 - 12/14/01 07:31 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I foresee the problem that you're going to have TOO MANY mushrooms if you plan to fill that room. Gracious me how will you live? Keep your head down and don't even show off that type of operation to your friends.

In my experience contamination doesn't really 'jump' over to another casing very easily. Just be aware for the signs and remove early and you'll be ok.

I'm not really sure what would happen regarding the twice as many cakes. Not much I'd guess.

Offlinenobbik
journeyman
Re: lotsa shrooms [Re: flaw]
    #491093 - 12/14/01 01:48 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

no one knows about the room and no one will.w/ that i mind i plan on the logic " if i dont tell anyone about it then no one will know" to keep me outt trouble. this room is entirely dedicated to growing .. all that will be in there are the mushrooms and any necessary equipment. does anyone have any idea on a very large air exchange system.. i'm sure that there will be a large build up of c02 w/ all of those plants.

--------------------

OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

#491156 - 12/14/01 02:55 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Right on dude!!! I have thought about this as well before. Seems to me if you put a good humidifier in there and a little portable heater , then ur humidity and temp are accounted for. Then u take it a step further and throw a good hepafilter in there and u've got everything taken care of, is there anything I've forgotten or any reason why this wouldn't work? Anyone??

Vis

--------------------
"15 minutes in freezing conditions?!?! You'd become a popsicle before you made that!!!"

InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
    #491176 - 12/14/01 03:22 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

You might wanna get a criminal lawyer on retainer...
i dont think your little secret will stay a secret very long since one of the first things you did was POST your secret on the internet...lol

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

Offlinebiggwigg
Loc: PA
Re: lotsa shrooms [Re: Billyblastoff]
    #491278 - 12/14/01 05:33 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

come on now guys you know nobody in there right mind would really be growing these things people just like to rollplay ;)

--------------------
I have only been wrong one time in my life.
thats when i thought i was wrong.
If its not a rave its not a party

Offlinenobbik
journeyman
Re: lotsa shrooms [Re: biggwigg]
    #491662 - 12/15/01 12:46 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

u guys have got to be kidding me ... just because i posted it on here doesnt mean i m not going to do it. i don't think that any of you know who i am or have the means to find out just by me being a member on here. i dont even think this deserves further discussion. also i m not growing in my house and the whereabouts are completely unknownto everyone else. i am aware of the risks and am going to continue on because i feel safe enough to do so. but i genuinely thank you for your concern. however , i m looking for tips to make this work. this will be a big waste of time and effort if i over look something. the cakes i have fruited already were fine .. but this is something i havent read about anywhere so i dont know too much about it . any cautions would be heeded. thnx and i'll let everyone know how they are coming along.

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #491722 - 12/15/01 02:49 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I like the grow room idea. My monkey is making a extra room into a small grow/work room for his hoby. He has a small advantage over you, his room is hidden behind paneling. No one will ever know where it is, it looks like its part of the wall. He does't like the idea of ending up in jail these days in his old age...lol The size of the room is very nice, 14' x 14' and the Walls and Floor are lined with some heavy guage VisQueen plastic. Hope to hear more ideas in this thread !
Later,
Road

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinejojo7
Stranger
Re: lotsa shrooms [Re: Roadkill]
    #492161 - 12/15/01 03:59 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

wow 14x14, 15x10, dammn those are big rooms, AFOAF has a smaller room with a door covered up and it is currently dedicated to growing cannabis. but now he is interested in splitting it up half for cannabis and half for shrooms. he is only worried that his HPS lamp will make the room too hot for shrooms.... but he can get around that somehow. but anyway... i like the idea of a room terrarium and im sure AFOAF is interested in others ideas of how this could work best , and also i was wondering... what about a negative ion generator for keeping it clean you know like have a high voltage transformer connected to some pointy shit like nails to positivly charge the ions and then have the negative from the transformer connected to a collection grid, i imagine it would create some ozone too... it would kill lots of contaminants and shit, and be left with good o2 but o3 by itself is it bad for shrooms? anyway i heh me and afoaf like this thread keep it goin

Offlinenobbik
journeyman
Re: lotsa shrooms [Re: jojo7]
    #492444 - 12/15/01 11:28 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i appreciate the idea of the ion generator but i don't know anythinga about those. but anything will help. i was wondering also if w/ the amount that will be growing if there will be any kind of strong smell coming from the room. i know everyone has at least thought about this at one time or another so there have got to be some good ideas floating aroudn out there that i havent even thought of . i know some of you more experienced guys out there that have been doign this for a while must have at least thoughta bout it and must ahve some good input .. lemme know

--------------------

Offlinecowflop
journeyman
    #492484 - 12/16/01 12:08 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Get some of those open fridges they have in supermarkets. The ones that mist the veges. HAHA! 2 or 3 of those....You'd be set.

--------------------
Drugs are good, and you do em when you know you not should.

Offlinenobbik
journeyman
Re: lotsa shrooms [Re: cowflop]
    #492502 - 12/16/01 12:28 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

cowflop .. what do you mean bout the open fridges ?

--------------------

OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

#492765 - 12/16/01 10:46 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Nobbik, he is talking bout the big long metal units they keep veggies in at the supermarket, they're completely open on the side w. the veggies and have misters that come on every hour or so to keep the veggies wet and fresh. So, is everybody in agreement that this would work. I haven't really heard any reasons why not?? We are accounting for everything here. humidifier takes care of humidity, portable heater takes care of temp, and a hepafilter keeps the whole room sterile. This sounds pretty kick ass and extremely low maintenance to me. If it works, terrariums will be a hassle and a thing of the past. I'm ready for some open minded suggestions and criticism!!!

Visigoth

--------------------
"15 minutes in freezing conditions?!?! You'd become a popsicle before you made that!!!"

Offlinenobbik
journeyman
Re: lotsa shrooms [Re: Visigoth]
    #493332 - 12/16/01 09:56 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

thnx for the idea of the supermarket misters, however i think that even if i did find out where ot get one or two .. i would need a lot more than that because i would want to utilize the entire wall space .. i'm sure they would also be pretty expensive. on the other hand , i'm sure if i went there and cked one out i could make some if i really wanted to but i dont know how easy and economical this would be. i was also thinking about how safe it would be to line the walls w/ plastic and make it so the entire room wasa like a greenhouse and instead of putting lids of any type over top of the cased trays to just instead use the entire room as a "lid". i was thinking contiminants would have a much easier time getting in and spoiling my fun. input input input thnx for everything so far guys also... i read on the hightimes website once that there are planes that fly around and look for fields of things growing that shouldnt be or even just plants. it also said that there were planes that flew around and used a heat detection device that would be able to tell how hot a room was in a house. if i do make the entire room like a greenhouse , how hot would i have to keep it for optimum shroomage? this may be a fib but i dont want to take any unnecessary risks.

--------------------

Edited by nobbik (12/16/01 10:20 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies