Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Any tips on chopping up straw really fine? without a fancy shredder?
    #4921044 - 11/11/05 04:15 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I want to shred straw up finely for use as a sclerotia substrate. I am planning on mixing it with grain flour since it has such a low density. Do people ever shred after soaking, I would think this may work better in a blender, or mix with my wet flour so it doesnt just get moved by the blades, if it has some weight in it I figure the straw should get chopped more. I have already cut some with a scissors and got a nasty blister from the damn scissors handle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any tips on chopping up straw really fine? without a fancy shredder? [Re: blackout]
    #4921120 - 11/11/05 05:38 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I would chop it in a blender with alot of water so that it chops up well and then drain it to your liking.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: Any tips on chopping up straw really fine? without a fancy shredder? [Re: FooMan]
    #4921548 - 11/11/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Put the straw in a plastic trash can and chop it with a cheap, electric weed eater.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Any tips on chopping up straw really fine? without a fancy shredder? [Re: blackout]
    #4921558 - 11/11/05 09:32 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You are not really going to be able to chop it up really fine without a shredder. You could, but it wouldn't hardly be worth the effort.

I use one of these to get it to half inch or an inch http://staff.harrisonburg.k12.va.us/~mwampole/1-resources/simple-machines/paper-cutter-3.jpg

And then I put it into on of these http://www.casawares.co.uk/dyn/product_659.jpg :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (11/11/05 09:33 AM)

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Any tips on chopping up straw really fine? without a fancy shredder? [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4921564 - 11/11/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hotnutz said:
Put the straw in a plastic trash can and chop it with a cheap, electric weed eater.

Been there, tried that. It doesn't work. The straw gets all wrapped around the spinning head. A lawn mower works decent though.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineBlueJay
Pan Man
 User Gallery
Loc: Christs' peace patrol
Re: Any tips on chopping up straw really fine? without a fancy shredder? [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4922810 - 11/11/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hotnutz said:

Hell great idea but if you do a search I brought this to light a few years back...

Great that someone pays attention.....I shared this idea openly to ralphster and am glad someone has seen how good it works.

You can only put in a little at a time though...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag