Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehairs
old hand
1st timers success rate?
    #491937 - 12/15/01 10:41 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i just want to know how successful everyone was on their first attempt to grow mushrooms, it seems as though there is a lot of things that can go wrong in the fruiting part of growing. i just inoculated my brf jars with b+ yesterday and was wondering how others did there first time, thats all.

--------------------
If I didn't have such a great drive (golf) the American people would thing I wasn't working so hard. George W. Bush

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: 1st timers success rate? [Re: hairs]
    #491944 - 12/15/01 10:48 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Check this out.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=475239&Forum=Forum2&Words=luvdemshrooms&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=475212

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
    #491988 - 12/15/01 11:53 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

It all depends upon how well you can follow directions... If you follow PF Tek/ MMGG to the tee you will do fine. When dude started out years back before there was any OMC, and before he found adm, he tried to follow Oss and Oeric Mag. Mush. G. G. with spores from Syzygy, did the innocs and all, but nothing germinated, so he gave up. Then a year or so laterhe found A.D.M. and heard about PF syringes. Looking back I believe his problem was that he didn't rehydrate the spores from Syzygy.

But now there is a huge resource of information at your fingertips and you should do fine as long as you really try.

sorry about the incoherent babbling... its another one of those days...

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Loc: Continental United States
    #492061 - 12/15/01 01:43 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I followed MMGG first time out. I think I borrowed some things from PF too. I was successful. Now I'm casing for the first time and it is a whole new ballgame. :-)

--------------------
[red] Life:[/red][blue] Live it foward, understand it backward...[/blue]

Offline3ptCrown
    #492378 - 12/15/01 10:10 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

on my first try all the jars fucced up because i used too much water...but now im on my second attempt and 9/12 jars are getting fluffy growth. i learned from the first time and bought a measuring cup. i also realized that too much water is better than too little because too much will fucc up everything but you can compensate for too little by casing, which will add moisture needed by the shrooms to grow...remember that if your a first time grower

--------------------
"Nothing lasts. That's one thing I think you learn from life, psychedelics, or just paying attention. Very little lasts." ~ Terrence Mckenna

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
    #492745 - 12/16/01 10:15 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

my first growing experience was with the PF tek. I followed it to the letter. All went well. Of 4 cakes, I got about 5 or so dry grams of product.

I used another tek I found from the Shroomery to make a syringe from a print (made the print from a another tek I found from the Shroomery to make a print) LOL and got into the wonderful world of casing.

Since then, I've been self sufficient.

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #493264 - 12/16/01 09:00 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hi...hairs
I just did my first jars too....yesterday.....tell you what, how about we stay in touch and see how we both do...lol
I used EQ's though, so i'm not sure which will grow faster.
I followed the PF Tek to the tee....I made my own syringe from a healthy spore print...That part worried me a little....lol
Laterz, Road

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinekingkc
enthusiast
 User Gallery
Re: 1st timers success rate? [Re: Roadkill]
    #493901 - 12/17/01 03:39 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

My first time was a success (when I had a P Cooker). All I did was study TMC and hang out here. NO tek ,Just cooked some wheat Pc'd it and added some homemade spawn produced with white rice.

OfflineJuggles
old hand
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: 1st timers success rate? [Re: kingkc]
    #493973 - 12/17/01 04:58 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

My pet monkey's first time his whole batch got contammed because he used the boiling sterilization process. But the second time he used a pressure cooker and everything turned out good, he got about 16 dry grams from 10 jars.

--------------------
---
If sometimes you feel yourself little, useless, and depressed, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions.

Anonymous

Re: 1st timers success rate? [Re: Juggles]
    #493986 - 12/17/01 05:08 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I use BRF/verm and I just boil for 30 minutes,and I end up with very little contam.Maybe 2-4 contaminated jars for every 30 jars I make.Im happy with that.

OfflineFreakShow
3n+hu$|@$+
    #493989 - 12/17/01 05:10 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

you should check out my setup. This is my first time and trying to do a good job at taking pics along the way. Just harvested my first big mushroom this morning. (and two other smaller one the other day)...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Pictures&Number=480910&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #494061 - 12/17/01 05:58 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

ive been attempting these jar methods for most of the summer; just past 6 months now and my first successful batch should be fully colonized within the next 5 or 7 days. i fucked up about 60 different pint and half pint attempts using pf tek, MMGG and also later attempts at millet, hay, and whole brown rice. im liking the colonization time on the koh samui though. pint jars almost done in 8 days. FINALLY!!!!! SUCCESS IS IN MY GRASP!

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Offlinehairs
old hand
    #494102 - 12/17/01 06:44 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

roadkill did you use verm/brf and yes we will should compare results and so forth

--------------------
If I didn't have such a great drive (golf) the American people would thing I wasn't working so hard. George W. Bush

Offlinehairs
old hand
    #494103 - 12/17/01 06:44 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

roadkill did you use verm/brf and yes we should compare results and so forth

--------------------

OfflineMattycelium

#494131 - 12/17/01 07:09 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

1st time for me was a disaster did not even get to the casing, 2nd time got to casing but was contamed din't realize sterlize and 3rd time is a charm, cased two trays bout 8jars total, got a s!@# load of pins and mushies are growing well, The third time i used a humidification chamber other time i misted. Can't wait to eat some mushies...

--------------------
the cubensis planet is full of magical fruits

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #494518 - 12/18/01 03:21 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hi......hairs

Yeah i used the verm/brf also.....I used EQ spores thou
Let me know how your doing!

Laterz, Road

--------------------
Laterz, Road

You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:

Offlinehomebrew

#494616 - 12/18/01 07:45 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Surprised at how damn easy everything was. Lost one jar of 12 to green mold about the 4th day after innoculation. Getting ready to start my second attempt.

OfflineHARRY
journeyman
    #494674 - 12/18/01 09:44 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I've read so many postswith newbies fu**ing up and contams overtaking their lives, but with me (this is my first time) even though i have had to deviate from MMGG and use slightly larger jars and also added the complexity of using an inner reservoir, I have had notrouble, all my 12 jars are succesfull, they are on their second flush now and i already have a couple of ounces of dried shrooms; In fact I was completely overwhelmed when all my jars started fruiting at once, I had so many shrooms all over the place, I couldn't dry them all, and infact because of this two shrooms started moulding (I've chucked these two), but other than that, even though I have been quite negligent I consider that I have had a great success!

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 1st timers success rate? [Re: ]
    #495085 - 12/18/01 05:16 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Day 3.....and i am starting to see growth....whooo hoooo
All i can say at this point is that i followed the PK Tek to the tee....and asked alot of questions. I'm hoping for a 1st time success. But i won't be too disappointed if something happens. I am hoping that following dirrections and being a nit picker is a plus....more to come.....as they develope.
How you doing hairs ?
Later, Road

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Brainiac said:

Offlinehairs
old hand
    #498137 - 12/21/01 07:05 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

sorry about my lack of promptness roadkill, but it is now day 7 and i am seeing mycelium on all jars. are you casing roadkill, if so, what method are you using, i am a little concered about what to put the trays inside (if anything) and how long and when to keep the lid on the casings

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract