Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMoxemerald
Executive

Loc: NJ
Im losin friends to weed.
    #3883192 - 03/07/05 03:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Most of my good friends are constantly smoking weed. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy it most of the time, but it's liek they dont want to hang out if theres no weed smoking going on.

ITs a total bummer, and they wouldnt listen if I said hey guys i think your doin it too much.

And no getting new friends isnt an option because Im in highschool and ya cant just skip to another group of friends. Sometimes I feel just left out though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: Moxemerald]
    #3883275 - 03/07/05 03:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Love 'em for who they are. If you feel like you're getting distanced from them then accept it as best as possible and be open to meeting other types of people. Introduce yourself to someone at the gym or start talking with someone on your way to class. Make friends wherever you go and don't box yourself in.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #3883313 - 03/07/05 03:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I had "friend" problems because of weed myself.

The longer my friends and I smoked, the more I noticed that weed started to become the center of our existences and friendships. It got to the point where the weed was more important than the presence of "friends". When people didn't have any weed, other people didn't want to hang out with them. It kind of sucked.

Also, I live in an area that has never once had enough of a supply of marijuana to satisfy demand. This means that there is a lot of shitty weed and overpriced decent weed floating around. People are constantly pinching out of bags that they get for their "friends". It is disgusting. It's almost like they are hooked on crack or something. They are all lazy and they don't do anything. They will be stuck in my little town forever and will never do anything with their lives. I have moved on from that lifestyle. I have grown up.

I think weed is lame. I realize that 99.9% of the people on this site smoke it, but I personally hate the shit. I haven't smoked in years.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3883541 - 03/07/05 04:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Weed was once such a big part of my life I couldn't possibly imagine living without. Then I outgrew it and quit smoking. Tried it a couple years later with some old stoner friends from high school and realized 1) People that sit around and smoke weed in the same small town go nowhere fast and 2) Weed isn't worth the money, I wouldn't smoke it if it was free. What's the big deal with smoking herb? It's not an enjoyable experience if you ask me. Different people's chemistry dictates how enjoyable different drugs are to them I suppose.

Anyways my point is this: Get away from those people and the weed culture altogether if it's causing you more strife then it's worth. You'll move on and peer back at your old self from the other side--it will be like looking at a different life, one that you most likely will be glad you're not living anymore.

Good luck

p.s. The best friends I've made in life were not met through any drug related culture. But looking back on the friends I had during the stoner years, well, they couldn't possibly be any further from true, real friends.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #3883551 - 03/07/05 04:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
I think weed is lame. I realize that 99.9% of the people on this site smoke it, but I personally hate the shit. I haven't smoked in years.

AMEN to that.

It's the most addictive drug IMO and I've used just about every mind bending substance in vast quantaties over the years (15 in total) apart from heroin, pcp & methamphetamine.

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3884010 - 03/07/05 06:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I hear ya.

The street mentality is to smoke weed all day everyday and before long they're smokin it through pipes ,all day, like its crack.  Its amuzing watching people cold turkey from weed, yes cold turkey from weed is possible heh.

I've lost most of my friends to weed and even the ones that stopped tripped out and it all went crazy.  Its hard to know who or what 'friends' really are, sometimes.

Theres many a weed bum in my town.

This one dude has to have weed all the time and when he's getting low he worries about getting more and when he worries, he smokes harder and harder...  He's gonna die young. :dead:

--------------------

OfflineMoxemerald
Executive

Loc: NJ
    #3884719 - 03/07/05 09:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
I had "friend" problems because of weed myself.

The longer my friends and I smoked, the more I noticed that weed started to become the center of our existences and friendships. It got to the point where the weed was more important than the presence of "friends". When people didn't have any weed, other people didn't want to hang out with them. It kind of sucked.

Also, I live in an area that has never once had enough of a supply of marijuana to satisfy demand. This means that there is a lot of shitty weed and overpriced decent weed floating around. People are constantly pinching out of bags that they get for their "friends". It is disgusting. It's almost like they are hooked on crack or something. They are all lazy and they don't do anything. They will be stuck in my little town forever and will never do anything with their lives. I have moved on from that lifestyle. I have grown up.

This is like exactly my situation. At one point during all of this, I kind of snapped out of, and looked back and saw how lame it was. But I can't really hang with any other group of kids, and I want them to get the picture.

Tonight I tried to get them to do somehting different and they were up for it except they wanted to smoke before whatever it was that we did.

And one of my friends just always worries about if theres gonna be enough for the weekend or when hes buying another eighth.

its a sad situation

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

#3885589 - 03/08/05 12:46 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ive lost a very dear friend to weed. It got so bad that I hit him once when he would NOT stop trying to make me do hit it. I mean, Im not totally against it, but as a kid who needs to be just getting through school and getting his shit together, you just cant really do that shit. I once went to his house for his birthday and I got there shortly before his parents busted him for being high off his ass.

It gets to the point when they're A.)- A risk to be around. B.) Not even acting like themselves ever. I have seen people be totally consumed by it, doing it every chance they got. It just gets too rediculous to deal with. I feel ya man.

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3885729 - 03/08/05 01:31 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

it's sad that sometimes people forget how to have fun without being intoxicated :thumbdown:

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3885902 - 03/08/05 02:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have to admit that am have a great fondness for the great herb, but I know exactly what everyone is saying. About losing friends, yeah its happend to me too. I know lots of peeps in my town that appear to be going nowhere, they smoke alot, sell alot, go to the bars alot, that's about it actually. I used to smoke alot like them, waste the high on trivial and worthless things. But like alot of people are saying, "I grew out of that".

Im now 22 and actually only have two friends, but they are the best kind. We smoke herb together, but we all realize that we need to take that anti-motivational syndrome away from pot smokers, or at least ourselves  :smile:

We make sure that when we smoke, we have a purpose, sometimes we go for a walk and talk about life, jump on the bikes and go for a ride, go into the bush and build some trails. But please dont think that I need to smoke to have fun doing these things, cause I dont, its just that I find great value in the abilities that the herb gives me. It opens our minds to talk and theorize, when riding I find that a great focus is gained, a trance if you will. When we smoke and build trails we have great creativity for creating abstract and innovative stunts and jumps :rockon:

I think that moderation and focus are the key things here, just dont let it become the center of your life, just a part :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Edited by RyanKerr (03/08/05 09:00 PM)

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #3887857 - 03/08/05 02:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, it's funny how so many people that smoke weed are in denial of it's high potential for a pretty strong addiction to it.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3888551 - 03/08/05 05:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This thread really gets me down.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3888586 - 03/08/05 05:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i lost my friends over weed in high school. i had 1 friend for 2 years. it sucked. but life went on and i made a great set of new friends and those old friends realized it was stupid and immature and now we're all friends again. well, i guess i'm just trying to say that shit happens on the good and bad side of the spectrum.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: TODAY]
    #3889321 - 03/08/05 07:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I knew a girl who became so attached to the weed, that she became what is known as a "weed whore".  Basically she would flirt and whore around until she found a dealer who would give her weed for sex.  Then when that dealer found out what her motivations were, he kicked her out the front door and she moved on to the next poor shmo.  Apperently she doesn't know when enough is enough, last I heard she was in rehab for coke.  Some people just can't handle their shit.
:wexican:

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3889614 - 03/08/05 09:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Make new friends if you dont like the ones you have now.  If marijuana puts you in a bad position dont smoke it.

I smoke pot when i have time to kill.  If i got some time to blow on video games, ill puff a little bit and i always get high at the end of the day.  Just feels so rewarding to get stoned after hard day work and/or school.  Gives me somthing to look forward too.

Remember moderation is key, but i smoke pot everydayl :smile:.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (03/08/05 09:02 PM)

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: baraka]
    #3892189 - 03/09/05 10:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

real friends remain through the years through all of life phases. call em up again in the future. do other things. there are many paths. as many as people. hope these cliches help. plus it's better than losing them to heroin. look on the bright side of things.

--------------------
...or something

Edited by eve69 (03/09/05 10:14 AM)

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: baraka]
    #3893580 - 03/09/05 04:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup:

Sometimes I smoke first thing in the morning, before class and work and everything, before breakfast, before I even get my ass outta bed.  Wake and bake!

--------------------

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: SWEDEN]
    #4916589 - 11/10/05 05:07 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

yes, i am amazed at all the weed-bashing going on here.

these people you speak of that just smoke weed all day, and that takes preference over anything else, you remove weed from the equation, and chances are you will get the same effect, only weed has been replaced by something else.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: kotik]
    #4918613 - 11/10/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

weed isn't any more addictive than masturbation or video games..... sure you might get some withdrawal if you are a daily smoker and you do it multiple times per day for a while.....

but for real, it's just a time filler... people do it because it feels good, and they form a habit, and they get a mental addiction.

But that's nothing to blame weed for really..... it's just the nature of being human. Do what feels good as much as you can.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineDeviate
Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: leery11]
    #4918727 - 11/10/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
weed isn't any more addictive than masturbation or video games..... sure you might get some withdrawal if you are a daily smoker and you do it multiple times per day for a while.....

but for real, it's just a time filler... people do it because it feels good, and they form a habit, and they get a mental addiction.

But that's nothing to blame weed for really..... it's just the nature of being human. Do what feels good as much as you can.

masturbation is VERY addictive, more addictive than most drugs in my opinion. so saying weed is as addictive as masturbation is making weed sound dangerously additctive.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom