Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineomniscientlore
shroominwolverine

Loc: The desert of the real
healthier casings...
    #4915958 - 11/09/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i've recently been trying to figure out why my casings always pull away from the sides of the pan. this typically happens after the first flush and results in sub-par 2nd flushes. unfortunately, i really can't think of much other than the casing is drying out and it may need more nutrients. on top of this, the fungus tends to grow in that weird curvy, typical trippy looking mushroom, and this too i have seen is due to a lack of nutrients. i was hoping some folks could help out with some advice on how to keep everyhting healthy and how to keep the casing from pulling away from hte sides. since everyhting is cased i don't know what to do to avoid this from happening again. should i saturate the casing after each flush as well? should i drop substrate into the holes after it starts to pull away like when you pick and it leaves a hole in the casing? advice would be nice. thanks in advance....

--------------------
'On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero'- Tyler Durden/Narrator

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: healthier casings... [Re: omniscientlore]
    #4915983 - 11/09/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Pack the open area that shrinks away from the container walls with moist casing mix, after your first flush. Mist & go again.

The myc is digesting the substrate, so IT SHRINKS. Thats life & nothing we can do about it..

--------------------

Invisiblejarroddupont
I shroom we Allshroom

Loc: midwest of ...
Re: healthier casings... [Re: omniscientlore]
    #4915987 - 11/09/05 11:25 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Crazy because I just posted about this a minute ago in another thread..

My substrate (brf spawned to poo) pulls away from the sides of the pan while colonizing, although adequately moisturized. When I case, I throw in moist case material on the sides of the subtrate and this keeps me from having to dunk inbetween the 1st and 2nd flush. Although I am going to start doing so anyway (as should you).

As for you saying mushrooms growing in crazy patterns due to nutrients...hmm...Pretty sure this is because of light and/or RH.

--------------------
P. Cubensis Growth Parameters
"All mushrooms are edible, but some only once."
-- Croatian Proverb

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: healthier casings... [Re: jarroddupont]
    #4915995 - 11/09/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If the nutes, moisture & casing mix is good. Spindly weird bent over shrooms have to do with lack of LIGHT, FAE and/or RH.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck