Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hemp, Hydroponics Supplies, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblesrivatsa
Stranger

Forever Cake, Automated Production, Dexter, and...
    #491159 - 12/14/01 05:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

(In regards to the forever cake and a bit more)

If this were my experiment I might try using a loose weaved hemp fabric that is untreated. I would boil it. Let it cool and use it only as my casing. I would think that it would get colonized and would fruit just like with other casings. All of those small threads with water would be good I think. Mycelial growth would easily move through the cloth. When flush has peaked pull up the cloth and add a fresh cloth. This would make it easy to pull up all the mushrooms without damage at one time ( in theory ).

As for adding nutrients. Make water extracts; sterilize and then use a sterilized needle. Get a large glass needle and you can sterilize it. Or you can probably get large sterilized plastice needles. Check a feed store maybe if your in the country. You can make nutrient solution from the same things you use as substrate. Like you could boil crushed birdseed for awhile, filter, sterilize, and use that. You can also give the cake 2X nutrients this way. For instance you can boil twice as much substrate as the amount of colonized substrate you have. 2X nutrients. Of course you could do more but it might not be worth it. You could probably even make straw, or grass extracts for some species. So anyway inject your cake when it needs it.

Your getting close to hydroponics. If you had a clean room with medium containers fitted with clean injection needles and tubes connected to a sterilizing, cooling chamber, nutrient dispenser thing you could have a hydroponic forever cake. You would also want your clean room to have humidity, air flow, and temperature control devices. It would be ideal to have the growth chamber be a glass room in the middle of your clean room to stabalize variables more effectively. It would also be ideal to have a remote control arm with collection tools for harvesting. This glass room should never have to be opened if done right. You could even build a program with variable senses for automated production and harvest. Completely automated. Robotic automated mushroom production. Who's going to do it?

So who's going to do it? :wink:

It's like dexters lab grow room. Except he would have made the shrooms huge or something.

:smile:

I don't know how DeeDee grows; but she obviously does or at least is always into Dexters stash.

What if...

Dexter Quiz

Dexter Downloadables

Dexter Games

Dexters Website

What about the PowerPuff girls? Just what was that mystery liquid of the proffesors that makes them so powerful?

They are obviosly trippin! (See Item's A and B)

Item A (Classified Document)

Item B (Classified Document)

Just what is this pipe smoking professor doing with these three little girls? (See Item's C and D)

Item C (Classified Document)

Item D

Just who all is involved in this mushroom frenzy? 

PowerPuff Website

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesrivatsa
Stranger

Re: Forever Cake, Automated Production, Dexter, and... [Re: srivatsa]
    #491166 - 12/14/01 05:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

(from "what if" link)

What if DeeDee ran for U.S. senate?

-Would promise voters "a pony in every park."

-Would vow to change her party's mascot to a unicorn.

-Instead of handing out campaign bumper stickers, would sprinkle "fairy dust" on constituents.

:laugh:

OfflineMan
journeyman
Loc: Canada, eh
    #491264 - 12/14/01 07:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

This sounds way to friggin complicated. I assume the robotic arm idea is so u never expose the casing to comtams. DrJoseph's idea for pulling the top layer off sounds like a mush easier way of beating contams. So this idea coupled with a hydroponic idea would be something we could actually accomplish.

So lets figure out a way to get the right amount of sterile nutrient water to the casing. I was thinking constructing a resivoir similar to a baby bottle, the liquid in a bag so new air does not need to come in to displace the volume. Then a tube runnung from that to ur casing. What I'm not sure of though is will the feed water remain sterile sitting there for days/weeks even thought its kept sealed from the outside eviroment? If not then can we work H2O2 into this equation? What about the correct rate of watering and controlling it?

If we all combine our knowledge im sure we can get this!

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
    #491286 - 12/14/01 07:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

very very unlikely you will ever see someone try this.
think of this analogy:
you have a room full of people: you feed them, they do work.
if you feed them too little, they starve and do no work, if you feed them enough/alot over time, they work harder (ok, so not exactly like real people).... but, eventually they will all die, unless they can propagate.
Same deal... its like trying to grow a short lived plant for more than it can live.. you may be able to stretch a bit, but not forever...
adding water, etc., to a substrate as it is consumed is nothing new..
anyway.. dont stop thinking.. just learn a more as you go

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Edited by DinoMyc (12/14/01 07:47 PM)

OfflineMan
journeyman
Re: Forever Cake, Automated Production, Dexter, and... [Re: DinoMyc]
    #491321 - 12/14/01 08:07 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Thanx for ur input! I realize it wont last forever but it would prob last many times longer watering with nutrients. I know this is nothing new but how could one automate the process? Even if automation is out of the question it could be done mannually (u gotta pick them every now and then anyway) with a syringe or something. But what is the correct rate at which is optimal for growth. I guess it depends on the strength of ur nutrient water. I would really like to figure this out cause wouldn't it be so much better to squirt a syringe in ur casing after every flush rather than staring over again thus making one casing yeild many times what it would without watering?

Can some one who has had success with this give us the formula of nutrient water and the rate of watering?

Offlinemystic1
addict
    #491642 - 12/15/01 02:20 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i know i have thought of this before and im sure many other people have. but we seem to have gone more in depth than you. this would have to be like a multi-million dollar project. lots of works. lots and lots and lots and lots. oh did i mention lots of work. i could see how this would work and i really think it would work. if some would be willing to pay for it all i would make a career of it. this hobby is such a beautiful thing.
BUT MAN THAT IS JUST A DREAM.(WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT)

YA KNOW I THINK I HAVE FAILED TO MENTION HOW MUCH MONEY AND LABOR WOULD HAVE TO BE PUT INTO THIS
DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP MAN(PICTURE IT THOUGH WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT)

--------------------
realize,realize,realize
real eyes, realize, real lies
http://www.shroomery.org/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=399368&fpart=1

OfflineMan
journeyman
Re: Forever Cake, Automated Production, Dexter, and... [Re: mystic1]
    #491685 - 12/15/01 03:36 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, never mind. I didnt think it would be that hard. Can some one post a link on a method of watering?

Offlinemystic1
addict
Re: Forever Cake, Automated Production, Dexter, and... [Re: Man]
    #491688 - 12/15/01 03:40 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

you didn't think it would be that hard.are you drunk???????? everything must be perfect.

--------------------
realize,realize,realize
real eyes, realize, real lies
http://www.shroomery.org/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=399368&fpart=1

OfflineMan
journeyman
Re: Forever Cake, Automated Production, Dexter, and... [Re: mystic1]
    #491765 - 12/15/01 07:00 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Well I knew it was gonna be hard but not $1000's and hours hard like u described. No I'mnot drunk nut I'm high, arent we all ;-p

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hemp, Hydroponics Supplies, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology