Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekgb187
DB Kit LOG
    #469806 - 11/26/01 05:54 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Well, AFOAF decided to keep a record of his kit as to provide some more info and to get some as well. After recieving the kit 9 days ago, he opened it and found one of the rye bags contaminated and one with what looked like mycelium already. Strange. He innoculated the only remaining uncontaminated bag and put it in a dark sterile place for a week. After around 7 days there was one tiny ball of mycelium. Maybe the temperature is too low? He lives in a college dorm where the setting is to 75 degrees, but he didnt think that would make the colonizing process THIS slow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScourge
The Dr.
Loc: Near flint Michgan, USA
Re: DB Kit LOG [Re: kgb187]
    #469890 - 11/26/01 09:59 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I have just started my DB kit not to long ago. My bags seems ok when i got them but they all contaminated/didn't grow. that tems should be fine. I prepared my own quart jars of rye and inoculated with that. I just saw the first pins today. i checked last night and there was non. this morning there are about 20, each biger than the ones on my casings that appeared a day earlier. Just mix up your own substrate and use that, it'll be fine. I wouldn't recomend PF ckaes though. they dont break up much and it'll take your compost longer to collonize. Use rye or millet. If you have never collonized rye before go to micron magic's site and order a few disks. Using them it's easy, just make sure you drain longer than they say or mix with vermiculite or some other dry ingrediant like worm castings. Taking their method step by step i always get to much H2O

--------------------
"Those who walk in Love and Truth shall grow in Honor and Strength."

OfflineProteus

Loc: Dallas, TX
Re: DB Kit LOG [Re: Scourge]
    #469901 - 11/26/01 10:12 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Good luck!
I posted my entire DB kit log on here a few weeks ago....
Everything was going just great until Trich. creeped in and decided to feast on my mycelium. Word of advice: Dont open the lid unless you really have to! And be super-sterile to boot.... I can't figure out where or how contams. set in to my kit since everything was moving along so nicely before....
It's pretty sensitive. So just be wary of the green bastard!

Good luck with it!

--------------------
There is the theory of the Mobius Strip

OfflineScourge
The Dr.
Re: DB Kit LOG [Re: Proteus]
    #470234 - 11/26/01 04:12 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

maybe it got in though the holes in the lid. DUH....
I'm conserned about them myself. as long as i get 2 or 3 dry O's out of it i wont feel so cheated. If i get 4 or more i'm gana buy some more.

--------------------

Offlinekgb187
Re: DB Kit LOG [Re: Scourge]
    #490864 - 12/14/01 09:08 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

well finally, yesterday after about 4 weeks of waiting AFOAF's sole rye bag was worthy to be mixed with the compost. he mailed db about the contaminated bags but still no response and no new bags sent. anway, how long does it take now before the mycelium completely colonizes?

OfflineScourge
The Dr.
Re: DB Kit LOG [Re: kgb187]
    #490894 - 12/14/01 09:48 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

mine took 6 days i think, but i used 3 quats, nut just 1. i would estamate 2 weeks, just so your not disipointed if it takes that long.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom