Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

Re: Opportunity to represent Salvia to the news.... should I? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4911636 - 11/08/05 10:08 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Excellent points, and all ones I hope to address during the interview. I especially want to drive home the point that JUST BECAUSE PARENTS FIND THIS IN THEIR KIDS' STASH DOESN'T MEAN THEY DO IT REGULARLY. This has to do with point #1, which is that few repeat it.

Man, just think-- if salvia were consistently marketed responsibly, we wouldn't be hearing about this. Some store in Tulsa is selling it and promoting it as "weed alternative," hence the panicky parents causing the news coverage. Geez.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

Re: Opportunity to represent Salvia to the news.... should I? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4911707 - 11/08/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

LOL, Sheik, you have every right to ask that question. 

I'm older (35), I look normal, I have a respectable job in the advertising business,  and good standing within the community.  I don't have any unusual, uncontrollable tics.  My teeth are straight and I don't look shifty.  I plan to clean the house up before they come.  No beer bottles in the recycle bin, no cat vomit on the floor, etc.  I plan to dress "business casual," as I would if going to a work meeting.

Unfortunately I do not have medical or botanical credentials, but I have pointed the newscaster toward Daniel Siebert's site.  Her piece will be centered around the legal controversy, so I will simply be there to represent the legitimate salvia user (or plant an idea of that in the public's mind) and voice my desire for choice. 

And no smoking or  twitching will be involved during the filming of this event.    I'm actually more of a tincture-taker myself, anyway.  That's boring to watch. :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by Gliders (11/09/05 08:09 PM)

OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

Re: Opportunity to represent Salvia to the news.... should I? [Re: Gliders]
    #5062450 - 12/14/05 01:14 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry for taking so long to update my progress on this thread, but I've been debating how much to tell.  Anyway, my contribution was a success.  The entire slant of the show was "should it be legal," and I was able to show the "responsible" side of use.  Also, they had planned to interview a guy who claimed to be a hardcore drug addict, and said that Sally D was one of the most powerful drugs he'd ever tried. They had to cut his portion in order who show mine.  I suspect that was for the best, because that guy sounded like a real winner.  :thumbup: 

Anyway, my own little cutting became a star, and was shown more times than myself or anyone else.  :cool:  I wish I could give you guys a link so you could watch the segment, but I really don't want to expose that much of my identity to the board.  Sorry guys. :frown:  I hope you understand.

--------------------

Offlineblazed123
Bing

#5071974 - 12/16/05 03:15 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Awsome man!! I told you I would respect you if you decided to do it. And I'm glad on top of all of it, you were represented fairly and wisely.

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Re: Opportunity to represent Salvia to the news.... should I? [Re: blazed123]
    #5072218 - 12/16/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I would definitely focus on the fact that Salvia is not something -most- people want to do all the time, or even often for that matter. I have 3 live Salvia plants, I rarely smoke Salvia. I have smoked Salvia a total of like 4 times, and I have plants which I could smoke at any time. So focus on the interaction with the kappa-opiate receptors, the short duration of the experience and the fact that most 'kids' who do Salvia are not going to like their trip to Mexico. Oh, another point to bring up, "There are much more important issues which the government and the community should be focused on, finacially and mentally, than an ethnobotanical plant used by the subculture." Be sure to define the differences between psychedelic users and 'drug abusers' in that most people who do Salvia probably are not out shooting and stealing to procure their 'fix.'

--------------------

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Opportunity to represent Salvia to the news.... should I? [Re: Herbus]
    #5073232 - 12/16/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i'm pretty sure he already did it, so no point i ngiving advice now....

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

Re: Opportunity to represent Salvia to the news.... should I? [Re: Herbus]
    #5073943 - 12/17/05 12:30 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I did, in fact, focus on the "not for everyone, not all the time" angle. Someone else in the segment even mentioned that often people try it once (kids especially) and never do it again, as it's not what they're looking for. The local drug enforcement folks took care of the "better things to do" angle, saying that they hadn't heard of any problems yet.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5074580 - 12/17/05 08:31 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I plan to clean the house up before they come. No beer bottles in the recycle bin, no cat vomit on the floor

*News reporter slips over cat vomit, falls through a HPS weed grow op  diving headfirst into a terrarium full of PF jars*

Quote:

Anyway, my contribution was a success. The entire slant of the show was "should it be legal,"

Good for you :thumbup:

say, we're all very curious, but I understand why you want to keep it private. You could consider using an program like Audacity to turn the segment into an MP3 audio file, perhaps if you feel the need you could edit some Q&A out or scramble the voices, and then posting the mp3 here as an attachment.

I hope you did a good job. Salvia is very close to me :heart:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates