Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePookztA Happy Birthday!
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: barfightlard]
    #4906268 - 11/07/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

and BTW its WHISKEY PETE, not willy pete.. there is an obvious SK sound in the word, as pronounced by both the narrator and soldier. just FYI

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: Redstorm]
    #4906559 - 11/07/05 09:08 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I am sure the NY Times will be all over it soon.

IRAQ: ITALIAN TV ALLEGES U.S. USED CHEMICAL WEAPONS IN FALLUJAH

IRAQ: ITALIAN TV ALLEGES U.S. USED CHEMICAL WEAPONS IN FALLUJAH

Rome, 7 Nov. (AKI) - A documentary to be aired on Tuesday by Italian state satellite TV channel RAI News 24 alleges that US troops used chemical weapons during their assault on the insurgent stronghold of Fallujah in November last year. The documentary - 'Fallujah - the hidden massacre' - uses witness accounts from former US soldiers, Fallujah residents, video footage and photographs, to support its claim that contrary to US State Department denials, white phosphorous was used indiscriminately on the city, causing terrible injuries to civilians, including women and children.

"I heard the order being issued to be careful because white phosphorous was being used on Fallujah. In military slang this is known as Willy Pete. Phosphorous burns bodies, melting the flesh right down to the bone," says one former US solider, interviewed by the documentary's director, Sigfrido Ranucci.

"I saw the burned bodies of women and children. The phosophorous explodes and forms a plume. Who ever is within a 150 metre radius has no hope," the former soldier adds.

"A rain of fire came down on the city, and people targeted by the different coloured substances began to burn. We found people dead, with strange injuries, with their clothes intact," a biologist from Fallujah, Mohamad Tareq al-Deraji tells Ranucci.

The evidence in 'Fallujah - the hidden massacre' claims to show the US forces did not use phosphorous in the legitimate way - to highlight enemy positions - but dropped the substance indiscriminately on the city, and on a massive scale. The documentary also shows the terrible damage wrought by the US bombardment of Fallujah, and the carnage to civilians, some of whom lay sleeping.

Equally disturbingly, a document in the report claims to prove that the U.S. forces have used the MK77 form of Napalm - the chemical used with devastating effect on civilians during the Vietnam war - on civilians in Iraq.

"I had gathered testimonials on the use of phosphorous and Napalm in Iraq from several refugees from Fallujah, and wanted to tell the world about it, but my kidnappers would not allow me to," said Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena, held hostage in Iraq earlier this year, during the documentary.

The use of white phosophorous and Napalm is prohibited by UN conventions. Moroever, the United States signed up to the Chemical Weapons Convention in 1997.

http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.php?cat=Terrorism&loid=8.0.226404219&par=

documentary's director, Sigfrido Ranucci....

haven't i heard that CUNTS name before???

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: PookztA]
    #4907200 - 11/07/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PookztA said:
and BTW its WHISKEY PETE, not willy pete.. there is an obvious SK sound in the word, as pronounced by both the narrator and soldier. just FYI

Not sure what they say in the documentary, buts its been called "Willy Pete" in every book I've read or interview I've heard since the Korean War....Whiskey Pete would make more sense, since Whiskey is W in the US Military alphabet system, but its always been Willy Pete in the past...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: Redstorm]
    #4907201 - 11/07/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PookztA said:
man once your in war, i think it is all means necessary... even though civilians got the worst end of the phosphorus attack, im sure it saved many soldiers lives as it helped to illuminate targets and positions.

We're talking about US credibility. We can't use "Saddam gassed his people" as one of the many bullshit justifications for the war if we use chemical weapons on these people as well.

*By the way, when I call the "gassed Kurds" justification "bullshit", I mean that it's bullshit in the sense that Bush's dad didn't give a shit about it when it happened and that the leaders of our country do not care about a bunch of poor brown people.

Quote:

Redstorm said:
CNN does not ask the White House what it can put on tv. It is a business. If something will get them better ratings, they'll put it on.

CNN wouldn't want to appear too liberal. I mean, right wingers already think CNN is too liberal. They aren't. They're Democrats and Democrats aren't liberal in my book.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: Learyfan]
    #4907263 - 11/07/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Nah, as soon as CNN gets some credible sources on this, I expect to see it on tv.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4907286 - 11/07/05 10:54 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If it's true, then I hope everyone in the world hears it.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4907295 - 11/07/05 10:56 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
CNN does not ask the White House what it can put on tv. It is a business. If something will get them better ratings, they'll put it on.

how in the heck do you know that

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: faslimy]
    #4907351 - 11/07/05 11:11 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

faslimy said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:

how in the heck do you know that

That's the way news other than Foxnews works.

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #4908084 - 11/08/05 06:38 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

this and napalm are old news, i knew about it when it happened. It has never been on major media since it happened and many people knew.

people will eat the pseudo-critical shit enough that they wont have to jepordize relations with the white house or military (losing news through loss of embedded reporters and press conference questions). some media is owned by and most have ISGNIFICANT ties to businesses that profit from the war, and the media has realized it does to,

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: SquattingMarmot]
    #4908099 - 11/08/05 06:49 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians

"I just don't understand why they don't want us there."

Quote:

Nah, as soon as CNN gets some credible sources on this, I expect to see it on tv.

Quote:

The US military admits using the weapon in Iraq to illuminate battlefields.

But US military officials deny using it in built-up areas. Washington is not a signatory of an international treaty restricting the use of white phosphorus devices.

That is from the BBC. I do not expect to see it on American television.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: bukkake]
    #4908233 - 11/08/05 08:15 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

does anyone a have link that says white phosphorous/willy pete is
a chemical weapon??????

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4908258 - 11/08/05 08:27 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

well it is a weapon right? it sure seems like white phosphorus is a chemical to me. that internation treaty prob says or implies that it is a chem weapon, though it seems to go without saying.

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #4908289 - 11/08/05 08:46 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

White phosphorus is a "weapon" in the sense that anything flammable can be called a weapon. Once ignited it is extremely difficult to extinguish, and it burns at a very high temperature.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: Phred]
    #4908294 - 11/08/05 08:48 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

So what?

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #4908307 - 11/08/05 08:56 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i could hit someone in the eye with a bar of Soap. (weapon). i am pretty sure soap has chemicals in it...

couldn't a grenade be classified as a "Chemical Weapon"?

i would like to see a link that says white phosphorus is prohibited to use.

maybe we should just use spit balls....

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4908317 - 11/08/05 09:00 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I just thought I'd explain that despite the clumsy wording in some of the articles posted so far, WP doesn't "melt" the flesh from the bones the way that being dipped in a vat of acid does. It burns. It's not a "chemical" weapon, it's an incendiary weapon, if it is directed against humans. If it's used as a flare, it's not a weapon at all.

Dropping WP on humans is pretty much the same as dropping flaming napalm on humans. Or flaming gasoline or kerosene.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #4908318 - 11/08/05 09:00 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

That's the way news other than Foxnews works.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way at all...since the horrifying images that were broadcast to the american public from Vietnam, showing dead and dying American soldiers in addition to other war attrocities (including the now famous 'napalm girl')...and the resulting backlash from the public, The government has kept a very short leash of what images it will allow to reach the public in times of war. Face it, this is a VERY unpopular war as it is...The government does not need any more bad press.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: Learyfan]
    #4908334 - 11/08/05 09:07 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:

We're talking about US credibility. We can't use "Saddam gassed his people" as one of the many bullshit justifications for the war if we use chemical weapons on these people as well.

*By the way, when I call the "gassed Kurds" justification "bullshit", I mean that it's bullshit in the sense that Bush's dad didn't give a shit about it when it happened and that the leaders of our country do not care about a bunch of poor brown people.

link please. that white phosphors is prohibited to use??

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: Phred]
    #4908344 - 11/08/05 09:11 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
White phosphorus is a "weapon" in the sense that anything flammable can be called a weapon. Once ignited it is extremely difficult to extinguish, and it burns at a very high temperature.

Phred

sounds like a book of matches.....

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: Evidence shows use of US Chem. weapons against Fallujah civilians [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4908352 - 11/08/05 09:15 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i dont think it is prohibitted, it is an alternative to almost identical weapons that are. also there has been blocking of its prohibition and refusal to sign onto it as noted above. i think napalm is prohibbeted, so they use what is a new kind of napalm.

i might be mistaken.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order