Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Phish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineUsedTo
Stranger
1st Post, One of Many Psychadelic Memories
    #4904541 - 11/07/05 03:56 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hello Everyone, this is my first post here at shroomery and I'd like to thank the website for the great resource, and the members for the great reading material.

To introduce myself, It's been about 10 years since I've taken any psychedelic drugs, though I still smoke pot on a daily basis. I've considered experiencing shrooms again, but that's for another post. Just Reading some of the posts here makes my palms sweat and my stomach turn with anticipation (or anxiety, can't figure out which ) I just thought I'd share one of the many memories I have with the community. I'm looking forward to being a part of shroomery.org.

This trip took place in either 1995 or 1996 - Can't really remember which because I did a LOT of experimenting in those years. I was probably 17 or 18 at the time. Anyhow, I'll get to it...

At a sign shop I used to work at, there was a woman I worked with who's son grew and sold mushrooms. She was apparently okay with this, as she used to be my main hookup. Nothing like coming to work to pickup your bag! I had tripped with his shrooms quite a few times, but on this particular evening I was in for a little more than I expected.

I had a 1/4 of shrooms - no clue as to what strain - and a friend and I decided to split it. There were 3 of us - Pete, Jamie and myself. I ate an 8th, Jamie ate the other 8th, and Pete just stuck to smoking for the evening. I remember we were driving down the road passing my highschool when we munched the shrooms. My 8th consisted of a smallish cap and a large, thick stem. "Hmm, very chewy" I thought while I was munching them. The other 8th was just a huge cap and a coupe crumbs, which Jamie ate up as quick as he could. It was around 5pm.

I guess I kinda need to explain where we were... Pete's house is on a river, and has this huge gorgeous yard that steps down on different levels until it reaches the seawall and the dock. About 5 minutes on the boat down the river will take you to a little island in the middle we all used to party at. We decided to invite a bunch of people over that night, and make trips picking people up from the shore, dropping them at the island, picking up more, etc until everyone was there. So there we were - sitting on this boat, waiting for people to show up, sun going down and reflecting off the water nicely, when Pete's brother comes down to do a little fishing off the dock. For some reason, as soon as he stepped onto the dock, I started feeling very anxious. He cast his fishing line and the tracers from it (first visuals for the evening) almost wouldn't go away. I kept seeing this blue line just whipping in the air - I looked at him, then looked at the inclining seawall - and all the grasses on it just smeared and continued into the sky. Now keep in mind I was no stranger to hard visuals, but something was different here. Something didn't feel "right". We were just sitting there and sitting there, no one was showing up, I wasn't feeling right, and Jamie (the other guy who ate with me) wasn't saying a word.

So Pete says "fuckit", and we get off the boat and go back up to the house. This was fine with me. I needed to do SOMETHING. Well as soon as we get up and to the front of the house in the driveway where my car is parked, this guy came walking down the street and up to us. He had some sort of an ID or name tag on his shirt - I think he was selling subscriptions or something, but the dude would NOT quit talking to me about my car. Asking me every question there was to ask, and by this point I was really getting scared. I didn't understand anything he was saying, I just remember nodding and saying "haha yep, yep" to everything to try to get him to leave. Finally I can't take it anymore, so I go inside to put some water on my face.

I walk into the bathroom, grab a towel, look in the mirror, and my face just drops. I'm sure you've all seen what your face does while youre getting off really well - but it took me no time at all to see this. I didn't have to "stare" at myself and concentrate on the visuals, My face just dropped off the mirror, and that startled the shit out of me. I was in there to make myself feel better, and it wasn't working. So I come out of the bathroom and Petes siamese cat is sitting in front of the door leading to go back outside. I try to act "normal" (you ever get that feeling that you know youre just tripping really hard, just try to be normal and do normal things and you'll feel better?) - so I try to act normal and say "hi kitty!" and bend over to pet the cat, but as soon as I bent I fell on the floor, looked and the cat hadn't moved. It was looking me right in the face with huge pointy ears and meowed. LOUD. Siamese cats have strange meows, and it echoed for what seemed like forever. Pete walked in just then and said "Lets go! Youre alright! Theres people here, just stay with me."

And it was this point that I lost all speech. I could NOT talk. When I did, every word that came out made absolutely no sense whatsoever to the previous word. So sentences seemed like this: "I but cat dog father car food in but that shirt house is?" (Just an eample, Im sure you get my drift.)

It had just gotten dark at this point, and we went back down to the boat to take a load of people over to the island. A guy showed up that I knew slightly, but trusted, and he seen what kind of torment I was in. He said "stay with me now, pete's busy, I gotcha." And I did not leave this guys side for nearly the rest of the night. I remember being on the island - it had a small beach spot where there was a campfire raging, and a path that walked back into some woods. There were probably around 15 people sitting around the campfire playing guitars, drums, etc - (we're a phish/dead-head sorta crowd) I went back to the woods to pee, and with my pants around my ankles I fell into the foliage. I looked up and everywhere - I mean EVERYWHERE - it looked like there were people all over the woods crouched down, fist under their chin (like a "thinker" position) all just staring, laughing at, and watching me. Holy Christ. Somehow I managed to get my pants back on, and at this point (it was probably around 11pm or so, Im just guessing) Pete found me and said "Lets go." I obeyed, as I was still not speaking a word.

So just him and I were on the boat, cruising towards shore really fast, the moonlight was raising up of the water, and I had a feeling of total doom. I was so sad - and for some reason I just kept thinking of my Dad. He would be so disapointed in me when he finds out how I died is what I was thinking. That and a million other things that just made me eternally sad. And I was so frustrated with not being able to communicate. Pete knew though - and he had taken me to an Arbys to get some food and try to snap me out of it while everyone else was stranded on the island. No Pete = No Boat.

We get back from the restauant, and I opted to stay on shore. No more island for me. I remember just sitting by myself on the shore waiting for sanity to return, when all of the sudden Jamie walks up. No one knew where he was the whole evening, but I knew that he HAD to have tripped balls because of what I had been throuhg. His clothes were all dirty like he'd been playing in dirt or something, but he never said what happened. We just sat there and eventually I came down.... Fear had left me, and much to my own suprise, I was ready to smoke a joint. Him and I just drove around in the country listening to Phish for the rest of the night until the sun came up, talking and smoking, enjoying mild visuals and body buzz. He never told me where he went or what he did, but everything turned out alright.

This was the one of the last times I ate shrooms - and is probably why I'm so apprehensive about eating them again.

Sorry for rambling, but if you're bored like me then here's some reading for ya! See you soon....

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: 1st Post, One of Many Psychadelic Memories [Re: UsedTo]
    #4905533 - 11/07/05 07:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Great report :thumbup:

Welcome to the Shroomery :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Phish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience