Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerevenge2269
Stranger
New hunter, looking for veteran tips =D
    #4899273 - 11/06/05 01:05 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hello I live in Kent, Washington, every day it has been raining here for about a week or two. I'm new to mushrooms in general and I was wondering if I could get some good tips from some veteran hunters. I've looked in all sorts of places but I'm not sure where to go to find psylocybe shrooms. What is most comment? what is most potent, if any one kind is? Anything else I might want to know would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
Re: New hunter, looking for veteran tips =D [Re: revenge2269]
    #4899362 - 11/06/05 01:41 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hello and welcome to the Shroomery!

I just wrote this out for a similar post.

There are many factors that determine when/how/where mushrooms will grow. Such factors include weather, temperature, substrate (the stuff mushrooms grow off of), location, etc.

Although most magic mushrooms are "edible," try to use proper terminology so everyone doesn't get confused.

Most times when people around here mention "edible" mushrooms, they are talking about mushrooms that are used for cooking and eating.

"Active," "Magic," or "Psychadellic" mushrooms are those which one ingests to trip.

There is more than enough info on this site to find everything you need to starting finding your own magic mushrooms.

Naming exact locations is not allowed here. One reason is, it would be very easy for law enforcement officials to browse the board and pick up on our hunting spots. Secondly, not very many people would want to share their spots with a total stranger anyways.

Here's a few helpful links that will get you started.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/search.php?Cat=0

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23471

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23472

In your area, your best bet is probably to look for Psilocybe Cyanescens. They grow mostly on woodchips. I'm not talking about the beauty bark used for landscaping. They prefer hardwood chips, such as alder. Check local parks and trails to have a better shot at finding some.

If you do find some, it's very important that you practice the following measures to ensure that the patch will keep producing.

1.) Make sure no one is watching you pick the mushrooms. Cops and nosy assholes won't hesitate to turn you in.

2.) Bring a pair of scissors so you can cut the stem off, instead of ripping the whole mushroom out of the ground. Ripping them out ruins patches because it damages the mycelium (somewhat like "roots," but not actually roots). Damages mycelium leads to smaller/less mushrooms.

3.) Use a paper bag or tupperware container for gathering. Leaving fresh mushrooms in a ziplock bag will turn them into mush.

After you have gathered your mushrooms, an inexperienced hunter needs to take a spore print. Spore print color doesn't automatically tell you what type of mushroom it is, but it is sort of a way to confirm a mushrooms identity, assuming you've examined a number of other factors that establish a mushrooms identity. To make a spore print, cut the cap from the stem as close as possible to the cap. Next, place the detached cap, gills down on a piece of white paper. Place an upside down glass over the cap and paper to ensure that the spores don't blow away. Let it sit for 5+ hours. The longer you leave it, the darker the print will be. What you are looking for is the color of the print.

What factors do you need to ensure a proper mushroom ID?

* Habitat (where [woods, pasture, state,province,country, altitude] and what [soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?)] does it grow on)
* Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc)
* Characteristics of the stem (length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc)
* Characteristics of the cap (diameter,color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc)
* Spore print color (very important!)
* Color that the mushroom bruises
* Scent of the mushroom
* Anything else you might find important

I hope this helped and Good luck!

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: New hunter, looking for veteran tips =D [Re: Blek]
    #4900121 - 11/06/05 10:47 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

damn

you have a lot more patience than I, p4p.  nice writeup though.

:wink:

DH

Offlinerevenge2269
Stranger
Re: New hunter, looking for veteran tips =D [Re: spores]
    #4900423 - 11/06/05 12:53 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

mighty good tips, covered a lot of things i wanted to know, thanks a lot p4p!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags