Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
Are You Frightened of Dying?
    #489738 - 12/13/01 11:22 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWhiteBoy
journeyman

Loc: California
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #489751 - 12/13/01 11:40 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Death is not something to fear. Rather it is something to be looked forward to. The ultimate altered state. :)

--------------------
"Pain for pleasure; pain for adoration; pain is to godliness; bleeding for ecstasy...Divine Pain."
-Morbid Angel

Anonymous

#489767 - 12/13/01 11:48 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Death.. I await its warm embrace

Edited by Shroomism (12/13/01 12:15 PM)

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: ]
    #489784 - 12/13/01 12:05 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I think i used to be worried about dying. I used to think that nothing happened when you died, you die, and thats it. But im quite looking forward to whats after, if there is anythin.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
    #489785 - 12/13/01 12:05 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

a transition, a transition is all it is....a room with an infinite number of open doors which you have the keys to already. The voiding rocket of the DMT infinitesque answer. The realm of all stillness and activity blasphemed by God himself and given birth to by the Goddess. Who all sees the ancient script enscribed upon their heads? Joined together through a fractured being, pooling around a subsequent balance in this rubber room.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #489806 - 12/13/01 12:17 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Fear of Death is the fear of the unknown (of being alone). I sometimes think I'm okay with dying. I'll take the Buddhist perspective for awhile- yeah, sure, I just join back up with the collective. Then I go into this "who the fuck am I kidding anyways?" phase where I'm quasi-depressed about dying. Then I'll be thinking "wait, I got at least another 40 years left, why am I wasting my time on this now?"

Life is crazy (not insane, just crazy). But the craziest thing about life is that it ends.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: Sclorch]
    #489825 - 12/13/01 12:37 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

You could die at any time... you should be comfortable with it at any time

OfflineDankVudu
    #489922 - 12/13/01 02:29 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Every one that I have talked to about this subject has at least feared death at some point in their lives. If your life is all you know, it's hard to imagine what it would be like without it. I take the "i'm here to experience" perspective on death. I am on this planet to experience whatever it has to give me; death being the final experience. I have always been a very curious person, and what happens after death is really the only thing that cannot be proven(or maybe it can at some point in the future). The ultimate in curiosity. I occasionaly have to ignore the urge to end my life because I am so curious as to what really happens, that I don't think I can wait to find out any longer.

OfflineRedFluX
Friend
Loc: Berkeley
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: DankVudu]
    #489958 - 12/13/01 03:05 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i'm terrified of death and how do you KNOW that we dont dissapear completely...everythign about us ceases to exist, except the memory of us in others...sure you can believe what you want...but you'll never KNOW till you die, and even then you wont even know.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: RedFluX]
    #489984 - 12/13/01 03:25 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

RedFlux, that's exactly why I'm not frightened of dying. If you're not going to worry about it when you're dead, why worry about it when you're alive? Just causing yourself grief.

I actually hope there is nothing but blackness when you die, at least today I do. (It changes often.)
This "living" business is getting tedious. I look forward to a break.

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #489985 - 12/13/01 03:25 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

"today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slower vibration... that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively... there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we?re the imagination of ourselves" --Bill Hicks

--------------------

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: In(di)go]
    #489988 - 12/13/01 03:28 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

That's something like what I've been saying for awhile. It's not that I don't believe it anymore, it's just that my faith has run dry. Once I'm recharged I'm sure I can get back into it. (I love that thought by the way, and the quote.)

--------------------

OfflineWhiteBoy
journeyman

#490028 - 12/13/01 03:56 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I can say that we don't just disappear. Einstein showed that energy never ceases to exist. It merely transfers from one object to another in a continual cycle. Our consciousness may not carry over, but the energy is still there. Who knows...our awareness may continue too. No one can prove it, but no one can disprove it either. Either way we have nothing to fear from death but boredom (and that's only if our minds DO linger).

--------------------
"Pain for pleasure; pain for adoration; pain is to godliness; bleeding for ecstasy...Divine Pain."
-Morbid Angel

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: In(di)go]
    #490272 - 12/13/01 07:23 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Here's Tom with the weather!

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: KeepAskingTime]
    #490547 - 12/13/01 11:34 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'm pretty sure everyone has been scared of the possibilities of death at some points in their life...

Fear of death is an obstacle to overcome. I become sad when I think of a person who dies afraid of death.

Love vs. Fear, the eternal struggle! email me for tickets ;)

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: Adamist]
    #491129 - 12/14/01 02:18 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Tune into the Eschaton Network for the full play-by-play....

In the white corner! Weighing in at 3.14.... pink fuzzy bunnies, the undisputed champion of eternal being! Love!
In the brown corner! Weighing in at the weight of a ship's anchor, the undisputed champion of falling into its illusion....Fear!
Love and Fear stare at each other, glaring with intent.
Different eyes of each,
one with tender, loving, comfortable omniscient eyes
the other with fearful clouded eyes....
1.....2.....3......FIGHT!
Love slowly walks toward Fear with a loving embrace and Fear runs toward the ropes...and it trips over its own feet and falls.....it gets entangled in the ropes!
1.......10! Love wins!
What? Love says it wants to say something?....
"Yes, but no, it is a win-win existence. Forever and ever this omnipresent being that is everything and all and nothing is answered by its echo. Love conquers all."

--------------------

InvisibleMokshaMan
enthusiast
    #491205 - 12/14/01 04:08 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Even if there's nothing, you won't be disappointed ;). I'd only worry if I thought it was going to be worse than here.

--------------------
Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.
-- George Owell

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #491266 - 12/14/01 05:14 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Definitely not...it may sound cheezy, but it's the one thing that happens to all of us (apart from being born, and a bunch of other shit like growing and thinking etc.....) i'm kinda looking forward to it. If there is nothing there, then so be it. One thing i'm wondering about is the possibility that we go where we want to, and someone else made a post about this recently...if an atheist convinces himself that there is no afterlife, then perhaps he ceases to exist after death. On the other hand if someone else is sure that he will go to heaven (or the 4th dimension or whatever) then perhaps his consciousness will continue...that's probably the only thing that "concerns" me as i have no concrete beliefs yet.

--------------------

Offlinemissulena
enthusiast
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: Revelation]
    #491283 - 12/14/01 05:39 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I dont mind the thought of not existing but what scares me is the endless amount of painful ways it can happen,that scares me. Theres no question about physical pain thats for real

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: missulena]
    #491468 - 12/14/01 08:58 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Something that scares me about dying is actually staying aware or consciouss for all of eternity bored as hell not even being able to sleep(imagine that). Just sitting waiting for the end of time but it never comes. I have had experienced what this could be like on a bad trip and this sucks so bad it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about this could be possible along with anything else but I think I would prefer nothingness but even that is something shit every ounce of me becomes paranoid that its own existence is damning itself sometimes.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineWhiteBoy
journeyman

Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: Revelation]
    #491471 - 12/14/01 09:04 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The 4th dimension is time. :)
As far as fear of a painful death...you need not fear the pain at all. You see, during the time it will take to die comes the realization of death....the acceptance. Once you know you are dying, the pain is a last sensation to be cherished above all others because it is the last thing you will ever know. And, there is also the knowledge that it will go away....the pain can't last forever. You're dying after all. :)
Golly, I'm so excited! I am left to wonder what final sensation will be mine at that pivotal moment....

--------------------
-Morbid Angel

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: WhiteBoy]
    #491489 - 12/14/01 09:20 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Something cool happened to someone I know the other day. (Well, it's kind of not cool...)

He was feeling very ill, so he got his wife to take him to the hospital. She did. They got put in a "cubicle" thing with the curtain to wait.

After awhile, he told his wife, "You'd better get someone, cause I'm leaving."
She said "No you're not silly, we can wait."
He said, "No, I mean it, I'm going to leave."
She looked at him and could tell that he was not in a regular state of mind, pannicked, and went screaming for someone to come.
He then had a heart attack or something (I'm not too clear on how this went down) but they brought him back, or kept him alive, or something along those lines.

He hasn't said he met God or went out of his body or anything, but he's said it was the most peaceful he's ever been.

Good stuff.

--------------------

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: Ulysees]
    #491493 - 12/14/01 09:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

And about the "being forever conscious..." fear:
I don't think that can happen, because I believe you need your body to comprehend time...
I won't get into it though, long story. :wink:
If you're interested in that, the best thing I can refer you to is some of Ray Kurzweils writings (the best example I can think of is "The Age Of Spiritual Machines") though he doesn't get too deep into it. I'm sure there are better books out there, but that's some of what I've read.

--------------------

OfflineD_Tox
Boddhisattva

Loc: Lab 23
    #491524 - 12/14/01 09:48 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

When I was a small child I was very afraid of serious illness and death. Now I hold the samurai outlook. Live every moment to its fullest. Death may come at any time and I'm gonna be one hard motherfucker to take down, but if so, so be it :)

--------------------
-----------------------
D_Tox

to understand other people….to be aware
to understand animals….to be a decent person
to understand plants….. to be a refined individual
to understand the mushroom…to be enlightened

Anonymous

#491578 - 12/14/01 11:02 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

at any second you can die and you never know you can never know the future and really the only time i am scared of dying is when i am high because for soe reason deat his just so much scarier while intoxicated. but really i want to die not that i am suicidal, but just to find out what happens when you die, and if there is a "god" boy am i fucked

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #491865 - 12/15/01 08:35 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

One time at a mates i got really stoned and i suddenly became really worried i went and lay down on his bed and while i was lying there I could see this image in my head, it was made up of blocks, each block represented one year id have to live after i died. Id have to live in each block for a year, and there was nothing in them just small and empty. every year a door opened and id go through to the next one. I was watchibng this whole image and it just kept growing so unbelievably fast. I was watching how long i was gonna have to live there for. and it never stopped growing it became billions and trillions of blocks.
sounds quite mad, but from that I know you can have really bad times on pot. at one point I thought i was in hell.
Anyway, on a speed come down a few weeks later I started to think about it all again, and i was convinced it was going to happen when i died. At that point i also wished that nothing happened when you die. just nothing. It would be so much better than eternal hell.

Edit: I don't believe this anymore, but I did for quite a few weeks.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Edited by The_Clash_UK (12/15/01 08:46 AM)

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #491885 - 12/15/01 09:06 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The possibilities are endless and their implications can be quite scary sometimes. This is a good thread you started keep it going. What you said about the blocks sounded pretty scary. Imagine if you just get caught in one of those acid thought loops after you die but since your dissconnected from your body you cannot snap out of it when you come down. You are still aware for eternity but cannot control your own thoughts.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #492234 - 12/15/01 06:12 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Hell...You speak of the fearfulness of Hell, not death. Hell is fearful whether of Christian, Buddhist, Hindu or other formulation. Let's all try to avoid damnation.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #492332 - 12/15/01 09:22 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

MarkostheGnostic,
Does damnation really last FOREVER?!?! if so what if I am or all of us are already damned?!?! Im being serious this really is starting to bug me out.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

Offlinemissulena
enthusiast
    #492344 - 12/15/01 09:36 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldnt waste time worrying about stuff like that

Edited by missulena (12/15/01 09:38 PM)

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #492348 - 12/15/01 09:43 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

From the moment your born, death smiles at you from a dark corner.

All that you can really do i smile back.

Death will be quite an adventure i think, the only thing i fear is pain, but oh well, bot much you can do about that either

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #492349 - 12/15/01 09:43 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

From the moment your born, death smiles at you from a dark corner.

All that you can really do i smile back.

Death will be quite an adventure i think, the only thing i fear is pain, but oh well, bot much you can do about that either

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

InvisibleSilent_One
    #492426 - 12/15/01 11:11 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Hell only exists if you create it for yourself and choose to live in it.

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
    #492671 - 12/16/01 06:36 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Well, if we are on this planet, in our bodies only for a short time, why should the next stage be eternal, it might just be as long as this exsistance.
Wonder what those last moments are like? what would be the last thing you thought of?

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

OfflineHiroller
    #492829 - 12/16/01 12:19 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Redflux,
Of course dying is unknown. It is the only thing of which we will never be sure, but to fear the unknown is to also fear change. How can you grow spiritually if your encumbered by thoughts that you will cease to exist when you cease to breathe? If you're afraid to cease to exist then you will be too cautious in life, always trying to prevent such an occurance to such a degree that life will cannot be synominous(?) with living. Besides, even if there is no conscious entity that survives the body, we all still exist. Our bodies will return to the earth and spawn more life, continuing an undying cycle. We will exist in the memoris and thoughts of others and manifest ourselves in the way people behave because of how we affected them. Plato once said that something exists if it has the power to affect something else.
The thought of dying only plagues me seldomly now. For the most part I accept it not as an end to life but a part of it, and it helps me to moderate my temper with those I care for and of what I learn, of who I try to be. The thought of death doesn't frighten me but encourages me to be a better person because all we have to leave behind is a legacy, a model for others to follow, be it political reformers to our children.

--------------------
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Anonymous

#493015 - 12/16/01 03:22 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'd be much more worried about living an unhappy/wasted life.... but, really, why worry at all?

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
    #493061 - 12/16/01 04:18 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Incase when you die you go to a place where your forced to eat nasty tasting things and do stuff that aint cool! thats why!

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Anonymous

#493250 - 12/16/01 08:49 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

nonetheless, why waste your time alive worrying about it?

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #494266 - 12/17/01 09:28 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Hi
I am and im not. I look forward to the thing, because i want to know. If i stop existing, fuck..but oh well. i wont know it! If i reincarnate, oh well i wont know it. If im stuck forever in a loop bored off my ass alone. Fuck existance. Jut as QuantumMeltdown said, it would suck to be in that state, i have experianced it...it also brings ter to my eyes, i am glad someone can share, it is hell itself. I used to be afraid of the boogy man, spiders, this and that. Now my pain had gone crazy. I could get hit by a train and the pain would not compare to the pain i once felt, i am not scared of that, what i am scared of is this coming true. However, someone posted as a responce to me once, and they said something along the lines of: We live, we die, we have a timeframe. What we see in a trip of eternity is a long time in our short timeframe, but for eternity, it isnt. And if you could imagine being a mountain, undead, unalive, just there...forever. Maybe it wouldnt be so bad.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #494386 - 12/17/01 11:41 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Sometimes it seems pretty scary. I worry sometimes that the process will hurt alot, or be psychologically disturbing.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #494395 - 12/17/01 11:50 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

why not take a break from evryday life?
go to hell :)

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #494423 - 12/18/01 12:36 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Most of the time no, I'm not afraid of dying, but sometimes I am. How do I know if my subjective experience will end with the death of my human beings? If existence continues, will it be better or worse than this one? Fear of the future; unknown.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: tak]
    #495281 - 12/18/01 08:10 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

"If im stuck forever in a loop bored off my ass alone. Fuck existance. Jut as QuantumMeltdown said, it would suck to be in that state, i have experianced it"
root-ninja-tak, I really hope this is just a paranoid dellusion of mine but the reason I question it is because what if after a mind has evolved to a certain state of conscioussness that it exists outside of space/time. Now what would happen if this mind becomes dismembered from the body? Would it still be aware and could it understand time and I am willing to bet it would get pretty lonely. What ever it is that happens I believe the same thing will happen to everyone so if this theory of ours really does hold true it really sucks to have existed and it may be possible that there is no God and we got screwed just because of bad luck. Only Time will tell.

"How do I know if my subjective experience will end with the death of my human beings?"
Kid- By this do you mean that when you die everyone you have ever known just ceases to exist and its as if they never existed and they were only there for your observation? I thought of this once while in a large concert venue bugging out on some cid and it was pretty intense. Kind of like everyone is a robot and not even aware of their own existence like you are.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

OfflineFoxGurl
Stranger

Loc: Lake La, CA
    #495461 - 12/18/01 11:05 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Death and dying who freaking cares man it is going to happen one way or another one day! You know it is going to happen why trip on it??

That brings up something else to me the fact that all these dummies are scared to fly! why the hell are you afraid to fly #1- you are going to die eventualy when you are supposed to wether youa re on a plane on in your bed at home you ARE going to die!!
#2- what is ther to be scared of No more worries. Death is definitaly the greatest altered state of being!!

--------------------
ALWAYS & forever,
FEATHERWOOD

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: FoxGurl]
    #495531 - 12/19/01 12:24 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I would have to agree, its gonna happen, so let it happen. BUT maybe we are a random act of randomness, and this act isnt good, it is bad. We are fucked. However, i was reading this little pocket guide to taoism <-- lol something i know nothing about i just was like NICE! but yeah it said for there to be long, it must be compared to something short, and shit like that. Maybe this life here is perfect, and there are much more shitty things out there, maybe this is the 'bad' thing we are dreading, or 'were' and we came from a place much better. I think that either way we will be able to get used to it, or something. ? Maybe. HOWEVER. From WHAT i believe, not necesarily true, but orks for me is that: For there to be infinate, the end needs to be reached before it can start. So if we were to be stuck in bordem for 'EVER' then we would ...be there... and not here, seeing as we are here, means we cannot be there forever wich gives me hope. Maybe we are here forever, not knowing. Whatever it is, it can work...somehow. I let my brain work too hard sometimes, i am not as smart as i used to be, ive done alot of DXM wich i can feel has effected my brain, i cannot reember some things, and if i try they will bug me till i do remember, causing a loop burning my brain out until its done. Temporary loops getting stronger...I forgot what i was gonna say but uhh oh yeah dont let your brain fool you :> it controls your human body, and what you think, feel, do, say, everything...it can be scary

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #495539 - 12/19/01 12:32 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

if dying doesnt kill you, then what?
death is something invented to keep us carng.
if you dont care, then you must be dead. :)
how do you know you arent dead now?
or in a coma.
are hings a bit unreal?
does the impossible happen?
dos history erase itself and start again as tho things hppened differently in the past?
welcome to the table, would you lie a cup of tea?
it isindeed your un-birthday.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #495547 - 12/19/01 12:41 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

That post brought much comfort to me, however i was afraid to stand up, i was afriad to move my head, i couldnt move at all....Just liek if i htought a ghost was here, i didnt knwo what to do other than absolutley nothing

--------------------

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
    #495884 - 12/19/01 11:42 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Are we not just biological organisms? When we die our brain will decompose. No consiousness.
was it you root saying youve felt pain worse than being hit by a buss or sommat? (or am i seeing things again?) Anyway, yeah man, ive felt that too. the worst intense mental pain you could imagine, when i was feeling that, i thought, shit i didnt realise the mind could feel this much pain. I didnty think it was possible to feel that bad. I got a glimpse iof what hell could be like, just you alone trapped in never ending pain. People are saying after we die things could be an eternity of hell, but why shoundt it be an eternity of bliss?

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Edited by The_Clash_UK (12/19/01 11:45 AM)

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #495949 - 12/19/01 01:08 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it was me, guess thats a relief on your part, sane and all. It hit me by supprise to, i used to think bad headaches hurt, but now i cant really find the room yo bitch knowing how much more intense pain there can be, makes me want to treat my body right.

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #495997 - 12/19/01 02:17 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Im not saying that an eternity of bliss is out of the question. I am just sharing what I fear about dying. It could come down to just the state of mind you are in when you mind gets detatched from your body that determines how you will spend the rest of eternity. Sort of like a trip it depends on the set and the setting maybe. Or perhaps it is just blackness for an unknown amount of time like you are in a deep sleep unaware then you just wake up somewhere just being born or wake up from a dream in some reality and have a past memory and shit and just go on like normal in your everyday life. Anything is possible really but since there has been life once after this universe is gone I wouldn't doubt the possibilty of life again given an eternity of time available. And if you do end up in hell then even when it seems like it will never end you still have forever to wait and still have the slightest bit of hope and who knows maybe one day it will if you wait long enough. What have you got to loose?

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: FoxGurl]
    #496080 - 12/19/01 03:39 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

> That brings up something else to me the fact that all these dummies are scared to fly! why the hell are you afraid to fly #1- you are going to die eventualy when you are supposed to wether youa re on a plane on in your bed at home you ARE going to die!!

The risk of death from an airplane crash is low but still present. Would you reason that an activity with an almost certain risk of death (eg// jumping from the 40th floor of a building) should be an activity that people partake in without fear? and also reason that if they die from such a risky activity that it was "their time". Risks are relative. Anticipating a risk may produce fear.

> #2- what is ther to be scared of No more worries. Death is definitaly the greatest altered state of being!!

What if it's a bad trip? And, how many times have you died?

OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
    #496359 - 12/19/01 08:30 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

>>Kind of like everyone is a robot and not even aware of their
>>own existence like you are.

July 4th, 2001 3 hits of Spiderman blotter

My mom said something like "I'm embarrassing my teenage son" and time just stopped and I saw like the world split into 4 planes existing as one, hiding certain characteristics of certain planes... Crazy shit, kinda like a strong head rush of just frozen time... I couldn't even sit strait that day...

Offline~`Tursiops truncatus`~
enthusiast

Loc: CO... UsA
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: SherlockDrubu]
    #501490 - 12/26/01 09:37 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Will you cling to your last breath? Or will you accept it and let yourself go?...
Are you ready to die now? If death were easy couldin't you just exhale for the last time right now?

Who is it that's typing this right now? Will I survive death?

Who is it that's watching me type this right now? Will this mysterious pressence survive death?.... Survive life?

I am mind and yet that pressence is.... (?)

What's going on here?

OnlinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: ~`Tursiops truncatus`~]
    #501568 - 12/26/01 12:50 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i won't cling to that breath, i won't even take it. i could die today and would welcome death, although that's not to say that i would kill myself. death to me would simply bring peace. if we go on/if we don't, it doesn't matter. i grow weary of this world

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlineisaiah
Stranger
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: geokills]
    #501774 - 12/26/01 07:23 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

You all talk about the peace that comes with death as if youve never experienced it before outside of the tryptamine universe. Dreams and love are the only things that I have ever known to destroy the need for fear. In either of these places all the doors of passage do not matter at all. Trandescending time is simple when every moment is filled with a supieror level of contentment. Dont forget how disttracting waking life is, advertisements for fear cloud this world. The dream of death is full of love.

"I will carress you
I will obsess you
I will enter you." --CrissAngel

--------------------
nothing i say is true

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: isaiah]
    #501783 - 12/26/01 07:33 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Death makes angels of us all.

--------------------

Edited by Ulysees (12/26/01 07:36 PM)

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: isaiah]
    #501784 - 12/26/01 07:33 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

If you can't beat it, join it. I await death as patiently as I can. No matter what it is, it's only bad if you believe it's bad. Why make it hard on yourself? When I say that it's only bad if you believe it's bad... I'm not talking about the ideas of heaven being whatever you believe, or whatever you make it... I'm talking about something tangible right now, perception. Something "bad" is only bad if you believe it's bad.

--------------------

Edited by Ulysees (12/26/01 07:35 PM)

Offlinebatou
artist

Loc: colorado
    #502048 - 12/27/01 01:28 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

death is just another step within life. i do not fear death, yet i fear how i WILL die. loneliness is not a factor in death, only in dying-- no one else faces YOUR death. i am not WILLING to die but i do not fear death it's self. yeah i'll miss my family and what not but i realize there is another plane of existance to go to and others past that. life is beautiful and it s meant to be lived, so do so accordingly! --- interglalqtic church of BATOU:-)

--------------------
The multiple troubles of man,
My brother, like slander and pain
Amaze you? Consider the heart
That holds them all in strangeness
And doesn't break.
"The Dude abides..."--jeffrey lebowski

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: batou]
    #502061 - 12/27/01 01:40 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Batou, I love you avatar. I thought Ghost in the Shell (if I'm not mistaken) was something quite profound and beautiful, full of meaning if you wanted to see it. Void of meaning to some. I think on this issue its relavance is even more apparent.

--------------------

Edited by Ulysees (12/27/01 01:40 AM)

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #503143 - 12/28/01 08:55 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I used to not be afraid of death at all. Now I think about it a lot. I'm VERY afraid!!! I was taught stuff as a kid and believed it. Those beliefs protected me from fear. Now I'm not sure what's real or what to believe...I don't have the beliefs to protect me... I'm afraid of accountability.....and its because my new belief system hasn't "set in" yet and hardened into something I can depend on... I also had some health problems that almost put me "under"...

What can I say...my bookmark fell out and I can't find my place...

I've fallen and I can't get up!

Does anyone remember where we parked?

Do you validate?

.......Tannis

OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: Tannis]
    #503738 - 12/28/01 11:14 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

death scares me... but I'm not scared of it... If I were to die, it'd be for a reason... but the way it affects other people, and the way everything is different when someone dies, and how the people feel when the person dies... that shit scares me, but being dead doesn't scare me in the least, after all, there is nothing I can do about it.

Offlinemelic
undead
Loc: fin
    #566067 - 02/28/02 04:47 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

It is very easy to say that you do not fear death.
It is not hard to convince oneself of that either.
However, when actually faced with death, in it's unavoidable, certain coming.....
Theorys get smashed to bits and whatever you felt before might very well be warped and twisted into fear and panic.
I've thought I was a gonner a couple of times, and I got scared.
Though these where not calm, solem meatings with mr death. They where very violent. Hopefully, in more serene sourroundings, one would be able to hold on to ones faith and believes about death and the afterlife.
guess im rambling again

--------------------
    Look at that bunch over there man, They've spotted us !

Melic  :tongue:

Offlinebedetached
supercalifragolisticexpialidocious

Loc: your mind
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: SherlockDrubu]
    #566115 - 02/28/02 05:28 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

are you frightened of the sun setting or rising?
are you frightened of certain uncertainty?
are you frightened of spring, or summer, or fall?
death is nothing more than last cycle of this physical realm.
really there is no death, for there cannot be death where there is life.

Empty your mind of all thoughts.
Let your heart be at peace.
Watch the turmoil of beings,
but contemplate their return.

Each seperate being in the universe
returns to the common source.
Returing to the source is serenity.

If you don't realize the source,
you stumble in confusion and sorrow.
When you realize where you come from,
you naturally become tolerant,
disinterested, amused,
kindhearted as a grandmother,
dignified as a king.
Immersed in the wonder of the Tao,
you can deal with whatever life brings you,
and when death comes, you are ready

--------------------
through our senses the world appears. through our reactions we create delusions. without reactions the world becomes clear.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #566121 - 02/28/02 05:35 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i bet every one of you who claims no fear of death will fear death many a few times more before you kick the bucket. hopefully you're just trying to say your fear of death isn't a persisting neurosis that has taken ahold of your life, but Chrrrrrrrrrist already - fear of death is hardwired right into your system, whenver your ego is under attack - whether real or neurotic, so cope with it.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #566152 - 02/28/02 06:07 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

When one stops thinking, one stops fearing.
Dead, yet my body breaths.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinemelic
undead
Loc: fin
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #566607 - 03/01/02 07:29 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

right on cosmic!

--------------------
    Look at that bunch over there man, They've spotted us !

Melic  :tongue:

OfflineSpaceCruiser
journeyman
    #566620 - 03/01/02 07:48 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

"If only nothing were expected nobody'd die waiting" -Gifford-

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Are You Frightened of Dying? [Re: SpaceCruiser]
    #567101 - 03/01/02 04:52 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I cannot wait until the day I die.

--------------------

Offlinedjchilxxn
Midnight Toker

Loc: San Diego, CA
    #569950 - 03/04/02 08:54 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Quantum meltdown: If you experienced fear forever, eventually it wouldn't be scary anymore. Pain is only around when pleasure is around. With nothing to compare it to, it would eventually become the norm. That is sort of why when you are sick you feel like shit but then when you are back to normal you feel ggggreat. Kind of reenergized.

--------------------

-----

i like ham

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale