Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Have psychedelics changed your political views? [Re: Los_Pepes]
    #4888464 - 11/03/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I know people like that, but I don't think they are really in the majority, but then I've never done LSD either. From my experience alot of drugs (ecstacy, low doses of mushrooms and mescaline to a degree) are sort of anti-narcissistic because they humble you make you feel empathy for others.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Have psychedelics changed your political views? [Re: silversoul7]
    #4888511 - 11/03/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have never taken psychedelics. Maybe if I try psiclocybin, I will see the right-wing light?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Have psychedelics changed your political views? [Re: bukkake]
    #4888513 - 11/03/05 12:18 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bukkake said:
I have never taken psychedelics. Maybe if I try psiclocybin, I will see the right-wing light?

Couldn't hurt. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Re: Have psychedelics changed your political views? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4888772 - 11/03/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

OH, I DOUBT IT. At least the right-wing part.

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
Re: Have psychedelics changed your political views? [Re: bukkake]
    #4888781 - 11/03/05 01:20 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I should stop assuming that everyone who posts at Shroomery is "experienced"...

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

#4895234 - 11/04/05 07:30 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Being a person of general libertarian thought, I think they have played a part in that, but just a part, many other factors have also had an influence on that.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #4896198 - 11/05/05 01:09 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

before i tried mushrooms i was a raging liberal, anti-gun, full time pot legalisation activist...

today, five years later, i'm a registered republican, card carrying NRA member, and my views on pot legalisation have changed drastically... i used to look at it as a matter of freedom, as in ''who are they to tell me what i can put in my own body''

today, I see it as a question of self-rule... my views are, the people have the right to make their own laws, so if the majority support prohibition, then that is what the law should be...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Have psychedelics changed your political views? [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4896340 - 11/05/05 02:05 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Well Mike, I don't think it is that simple. The public is misinformed, but even so they still don't support prohibition despite that politicians are unwilling to consider ending it.

I do think it is a matter of freedom. Government is to regulate what people do to each other, not what they do to themselves. Supposedly this country was founded so we could have liberty. Of course if there is too much liberty than people can take it away from others, so obviously there must be a balance. But smoking pot does not infringe on the rights and wellbeing of others, so why should the government have any authority here, particularly when their anti-pot campaign is based on decades old myths, complacency, lies and misinformation?

You talk about people ruling themselves but that isn't the case. The people that make drugs illegal are people who have never used them, so it's not like experienced people make their laws based on their knowledge, it's those who refuse to understand that make policy for the rest and turn good people into criminals. Furthermore, politics prevent people from really governing themselves anyway.

Personally I became alot more libertarian/liberal when I realized that the states of mind I experiment with are illegal and forbiden, as if there are illegal realities and thoughts. What a joke.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Have psychedelics changed your political views? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4896414 - 11/05/05 02:34 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i used to believe as you do, but i came to realize that even a misinformed public has a right to rule itself... the people who make the laws must act in the public interest, and if the public believes that a certain thing is so harmful that it should be illegal, then the lawmakers should do as the people demand...

and i disagree that its only a matter of what people do to themselves... if it were only that, then the people might get behind it... but its also a matter of what people do to other people's kids... most prohibitionists are or have been parents of young children... as a parent i would not want somebody making drugs of any kind available to my kids, and i'd want them to pay dearly if they did...

i think that the people who see it as a safety issue have a point as well... maybe they take it to extremes with the ads about running over little kids and leaving kids behind at the carnival when stoned, but they do have a point that people who are impaired by drugs will sometimes harm others unintentionally, and will often use their intoxication as a defense to avoid punishment for the harm they caused...

for me, it all boils down to one question - do the people have the right to make their own laws or don't they? Whether you think so or not, the people do rule themselves... lawmakers are people, are they not? any person can run for the state or federal legislature, and any person can submit a proposal for a new law to their elected representatives... the lawmakers have to consider the wants and needs of all the people, and right now the people who think pot is too harmful to be allowed outnumber the people who think pot should be free and open...

if being misinformed were enough to take away a person's right to influence legislation, then we'd be living in a society where only the informed could make the laws... and that would be very problematic, because who would get to decide who was informed enough to make a decision?

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies