Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMrB
Stranger
Wow..I just grew alot of mold
    #489431 - 12/13/01 12:41 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I have a question...I just grew a shitload of mold and this thing has been sitting in my room for several days now. I kinda forgot about it lost track/interest since i've been really busy lastely. Anyways is having all that green mold producing spores into the air dangerous in any way? I'm pretty sure it was just trichoderma..started out a tiny bit of green/frosty white turning all light green to froest green, repeat cycle)..just kinda curious. The chamber was kinda open a crack on one side and I think thats what did it..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Wow..I just grew alot of mold [Re: MrB]
    #489444 - 12/13/01 01:13 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

>Anyways is having all that green mold producing spores into the air dangerous in any way?

Yes, if you?re gona have your whole apartment full of mold spores, you can forget growing mushrooms there in the future. So dispose the cakes as soon as possible outside of your growing facilities.

OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

Re: Wow..I just grew alot of mold [Re: Anno]
    #489448 - 12/13/01 01:17 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Also your more likely to get a lung infection, not that you will, but more likely. Depends on the mold too i guess.

Yes i have gottten a lung infection, and yes it sucked big time. Hospital and shit. (need high humidty in ya room for that to really happen though)

Peace.

--------------------
[green]There is a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased this line.[/green]
Visit FSR

Offlineflaw
enthusiast
Re: Wow..I just grew alot of mold [Re: Trail_Blazer]
    #489498 - 12/13/01 02:33 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I've cleaned out 20 jars full of all sorts of mold (predominantely green) and never been affected by it. I did cover my mouth, I would suggest that if you have a lot of mold (like i did, i left the jars for weeks upon weeks) that you cover your mouth, do it near an open window with perhaps a fan and you don't do it in the room you are growing in. It will produce a very strong dust of spores.

Invisiblear393
old timer
Male
Loc: VT
Re: Wow..I just grew alot of mold [Re: flaw]
    #489629 - 12/13/01 08:44 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

yeah man, do it outside, i had a seriously bad cough for like 2 weeks and the only reason i can determine for that cough was that i had cleaned out my cats moldy jar, reallly really really moldy jar indoors.

what i do now for my cat is inject some 70% isopropyl in that shit, let it sit for a while, PC the shit out of it for like 90 min at 20 psi (granted this is rye now and not cakes).
peace, ar393 and cat

Anonymous

Re: Wow..I just grew alot of mold [Re: flaw]
    #489630 - 12/13/01 08:45 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

It's best to do it outside. Have a sink full of hot, sudsy water ready so the jars can be washed right away. Then pc them for about 1/2 hour before using again.
Remember that you are going to be covered in spores, in your hair, on your clothes. So don't do this prior to innoculating jars or making print or syringes.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck