Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehairs
old hand
shroom wizard
    #488560 - 12/12/01 11:09 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i have never grown before but have decided to after reading the mmgg, their terrarium part looked difficult, so then i stumbled upon shroom wizard and casing sounds much easier, i have already made the substrate of brf and verm. and am going to be recieveing my spores sometime today or tomorrow, is there any problems with the shroom wizards growing guide, i really want this to work, thankyou

--------------------
If I didn't have such a great drive (golf) the American people would thing I wasn't working so hard. George W. Bush

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemystic1
addict
Re: shroom wizard [Re: hairs]
    #488591 - 12/12/01 11:28 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

the fresher the substrate the better

--------------------
realize,realize,realize
real eyes, realize, real lies
http://www.shroomery.org/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=399368&fpart=1

Invisiblewind_wraith
veteran
    #488847 - 12/12/01 03:28 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Stay well away from Shroom Wizard's Grow Guide. He seems like a nice guy and I like his site, but his GG is crap, for a dozen reasons. For instance, he recommends leaving casings open to the air and misting them for humidity, rather than keeping them in a closed container. It was only last week when I was visiting my dad in Florida that I realized this particular piece of bad advice came from: Shroom Wizard lives in Florida, where it's humid as hell. Anywhere else you'll never get your casing to fruit because the pins dry out as soon as they pop up, if you can even get the casing to pin that is.

--------------------
I am a figment of my own imagination
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

Offlinehairs
old hand
    #489135 - 12/12/01 07:43 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

when i live in wisconsin about the farthest from florida you can get so what is the easiest casing method i could use, in a limited area . Is a basement more humid than the rest of a house?

--------------------
If I didn't have such a great drive (golf) the American people would thing I wasn't working so hard. George W. Bush

Offlinehairs
old hand
Re: shroom wizard [Re: wind_wraith]
    #489142 - 12/12/01 07:48 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

seeing as though i live in wisconsin, i realize that the shroom wizard may not work, but what is the simplist method of casing, also i am limited to a couple of drawers to store these in. could a basement possibly be more humid than the rest of a house?

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #489143 - 12/12/01 07:49 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hey... i wanted to use the shroom wizard's guide... it seemed very simple and made sense, but alas there were many warnings from everyone about his casing method. I'd suggest using his substrate, in conjunction with the following casing technique, very simple and straightforward with little chance of fuckup =]

Casing for Dummies

good luck! if you decide to use that method and got any Q's you can pm me.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: shroom wizard [Re: geokills]
    #489249 - 12/12/01 09:18 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Shroom Wizzard really is a nice guy, and his site is kewel. However, my friend had some bad experiences with his syringies. He tried the mycelum syringes (no longer available) of two diferent strains. (the second syringe was a free replacement) and both times nothing at all grew in the jars. Also the presterilized jars had no vermiculite on top nor any holes punched in the lids.

Never the less, we still like and trust the dude to try his best.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Anonymous

Re: shroom wizard [Re: Jammer]
    #489344 - 12/12/01 10:55 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

You can see my ongoing test of the Shroom Wizard substrate recipe by clicking this linkwww.gimptroll.com/~hydrapod/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3c13ccc46177ffff;act=ST,f=24;t=1Go to the progress reports forum.So far I am having mixed results.

Edited by boxtop703 (12/12/01 11:17 PM)

Invisibledjveiox
Loc: Troms?, Norway
    #489399 - 12/13/01 12:01 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

the shroom wizard, by far, has the best customer support. whoever this mysterious M. Johnson is , sends out some good as spores and syringes. i had bad luck with the mylleium suspension syringe he was once offering, but had no luck. but to no avail! what was the replacement?????? A NEW SYRINGE AND A SPORE PRINT.. both of gulf coast. these syringes and prints are quality.. dark syringes... this guy doesnt fuck around.. but... i think like , already been said, his casing is the problem.. it dries out too quickly and foreign contams. can get in too quickly. misting is ok, its not as bad as a lot think.. it works.. but some lid needs to be kept on it for most of the pinning/fruiting, till things get going. thats his only problem.. he must have a really sterile environ. and live in florida, where he wrote his directions where its humid enough to not have to do any work. but i give my 100% approval to this guy.. its how i got started and learned most of my info at first... now im stuck to agar and pda/mea,

peace

OfflineJammer

Re: shroom wizard [Re: djveiox]
    #489403 - 12/13/01 12:08 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

He also is real cool about responding to emails and questions. He dosent leave ya in the dark wondering if he even received an order.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (12/13/01 01:17 AM)

Offlinechillin48
Re: shroom wizard [Re: Jammer]
    #489419 - 12/13/01 12:27 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

whats hiss sie address

OfflineJammer

Re: shroom wizard [Re: chillin48]
    #489432 - 12/13/01 12:41 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.shroomwizard.com

His grow guide is online there.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Invisiblewind_wraith
veteran
    #489739 - 12/13/01 11:23 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hairs: I use a basic three-layer casing technique, very much like Shroom Wizard's tek actually, but in a terrarium with constant high humidity of course. One layer of moistened verm. beneath crumbled cakes beneath one layer of moistened 50/50 verm and pasteurized manure (potting soil works too, but gives lower yields. Sphagnum moss seems to contam. too easily IMO). Seal and wait for thick mycelium growth on the surface, then unseal and leave the trays open for a few hours and/or cold shock them in the fridge, give them one heavy direct misting to inhibit further mycelium growth at the surface, and place them in the terrarium. I don't know if it's a "God-given method", but it works for me.

--------------------

Offlinehairs
old hand
    #489921 - 12/13/01 02:28 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

this is courtesy of the shroom wizard himself, what do you think?
Hello,
Since you are thinking about cultivating shrooms
indoors the cold temperatures outside should not
matter unless you are thinking of growing them in a
cold garage. If your home stays warm enough to make
you happy the shrooms don't really matter either,
they will still grow.
When you case your mycelium in trays of soil like
my method calls for there is no worry about humidity
in the air. The mycelium and mushrooms will receive
their needed humidity from the moist soil that
surrounds it no matter how dry the air is. As long
as you keep your trays moist (with daily sprayings of
water) the humidity in the air can be zero.
Always Around,
Shroom Wizard

--------------------

Invisiblewind_wraith
veteran
    #490994 - 12/14/01 11:29 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

All I can say is, it never worked for me. When I started covering my containers I was able to get some shrooms, but that's still not a great idea because there's no good way to measure the moisture level in the soil and humidity tends to rise and sink erratically. A terrarium (all you need is a big tupperware-like container and maybe some cello wrap to create an airtight seal) is less effort, less problematic, and your shrooms will be happier there.

--------------------

Offlinehairs
old hand
    #492414 - 12/15/01 10:58 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

ok so this is what im going to do when the jars are all mycelium, gonna case like the shroomwizards method suggests, leave cover until it starts to pin?(not sure about that) then leave if off and fan and spray until fruits form? does that sound like itd work

--------------------

Anonymous

#492559 - 12/16/01 01:46 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

You leave it covered until you see mycelium on the surface covering 50-75%... then remove the covering and fan and spray 4 times a day or so until it starts to fruit

Anonymous

#492582 - 12/16/01 02:12 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

This is courtesy of Paul Stamets himself
Pinhead initiation techniques should begin when the mycelium reaches the valleys, the cultivator can begin the first steps leading to the settling og the pinheads. Within this one to two day period, the

1. Substrate and air temperatures are lowered to the fruiting range.

2. The humidity is maintained at the 95% level.

3. The carbon dioxide content of the room is reduced by the introduction of fresh air.

4. The room is lighted on a 12 hour on/off cycle.

In my experience you need to have the casings in something to maintain the proper humidity. I have had bad experiences with leaving casings out in the open.. unless you live in a humid area, it tends to dry the casing layer out, meaning you have to mist it alot. It is also open to contaminants. You could maybe make a little plastic tent to put over them.

OfflineELESDEE
Stranger
    #493111 - 12/16/01 05:25 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Alright, I ordered my kit and everthing straight from shroom wizard :) :( . The only method I know is his, so does anyone have good links to for casing other than his?

What about this....

If I keep the lid on all day, water 3-5 times a day, 2 hours of light per day, then should it be good? Dang! I don't want to fuck this grow over, I am depending on it a lot! Any help??!? Thanks

Offlinehairs
old hand
Re: shroom wizard [Re: ELESDEE]
    #493153 - 12/16/01 06:17 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

when the pins start forming, is that when i permanantly remove the cover?, or do i leave the cover on as long as possilbe, until the fruits start getting to the top of the terrarium?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck