Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineexsane
Stranger
Loc: California
Re: Shroomism [Re: ]
    #488890 - 12/12/01 04:07 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Experience is the best teacher.
Humans will believe whatever they want to believe and find whatever they want to find. Truth is relative. And the mind is capable of rationalizing and de-rationilizing eternally. Most Skeptics have already made up there mind about anything before anyone even says a word. It is understandable to not believe everything you hear. But why be quick to believe in its non-existence as well. I've seen no proof of the existance of the 12th Planet or of Pleaidians. But I have not seen any proof of the non-existance either. People will take proof as far as they want to.
I only say this because a few weeks ago I was pretty skeptical of paranormal type stuff. Then I realized I was as closeminded in regards to it as my Christian parents are to anything other than what the church tells them.

But I went to a gathering a week ago. I had taken 1 XTC pill, a 1/2 a hit of LSD, and some pot. As a seeker for truth I was deep in thought kind of a digging a hell for myself. An old hippy in front of me said to me "Playing Calculus?" I stammered "what?" he said "You're not going to figure it out." and smiled. Then began speaking some nonsense I couldn't remember. I started to feel a little troubled and stepped outside for a bit. Considering my sanity. The old Christian fears lapping at me. (I was raised Baptist) I went back in and the hippy was gone.

I sat alone and a man and an Asian lady walked up to me. I don't remember the beginning of the conversation. I wasn't talking much, just kind of mumbling "I'm going crazy." My friend Joe came and asked about me, and the man said "He'll be okay. Information is just hitting him so fast." He turned to me and said "You're really far along for someone your age." He spook to me some more saying he wanted to call me "brother".
I was reaaaaally confused. I began to suspect that what was happening was not quite what I expected. I suddenly realized we were kind of sharing thoughts. I was shocked and could barely believe it. It was not something that fit in with the way my world worked. He said "Wow, you just stumbled on it, without trying to." But I had not said aloud what I was suspecting to be happening. I began to get scared and he gripped me and said "No, you don't need to fear" I tried to calm myself and he "said yeah, that's the way, follow it, you'll be fine." Shook my hand and left to go back upstairs.
I went back upstairs to talk to my artist friend Tom. I was still in a daze about what was going on. (Especially since I wasn't tripping very much at all, and I've only done mush 3 times and lsd once before, and only in small doses, so I don't think i'm liable to be labeled as having over-drugged psychosis) I asked Tom "Is this... it?" and he replyed "yeah, and there's a lot of us up here." I thought about my deepest fears and how my mind was naked to some of those present, and Tom told me "Some things you'll have to deal with later in life."

So that's my cosmic consciousness story. Analyze away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Shroomism [Re: exsane]
    #488910 - 12/12/01 04:33 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Reflecting back on the experience... did it feel good to you?
Personally, I think telepathy is great.
A lot of those kinds of gatherings are very spiritual minded..they've been increasing in frequency lately. Most communication is telepathic there, just something to keep in mind. Did you notice the only time people would speak is when they were confirming something you had just thought, like answer your question verbally which you had only thought mentally? Perhaps I am way off base here. Then again perhaps not.
Anyways, glad to see your learning stuff.
Learning stuff is good.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Shroomism [Re: exsane]
    #489080 - 12/12/01 06:58 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

Then I realized I was as closeminded in regards to it as my Christian parents are to anything other than what the church tells them.

Exactly

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #489262 - 12/12/01 09:27 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I have to agree with CB and Shroomerism about highschool. Im in alternative school right now, and its alot better, but I have to rely on myself to learn anything valuable. I dont think the education in itself is valuable, but the little piece of paper that says that I stuck it out for 4 years does. Thats whats important to me, and important to my future.
On another topic, whats this 12th planet? where can i find more information on it?

-- woh, didn't realize this post was so big, i replied after the first page, sorry if i disturbed the rhythm

Edited by vivid (12/13/01 01:06 PM)

OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

Re: Shroomism [Re: vivid]
    #489270 - 12/12/01 09:39 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

If you beleive in this 12th planet that is supposedly moving through our solar system you are an IDIOT with no scientific education.

I already proved in a earlier post in this thread it is impossible through basic physic laws.

By the way, Silent One's first two posts are a bunch of bullshit. His thrid one has some thruth backed up by physics but doesn't explain a damn thing that coorelates with this supposed planet thats coming.

I HATE when people blatantly spread disinformation. Read a damn physic book and you'll see this is all a crock.

PEACE

--------------------
[green]There is a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased this line.[/green]
Visit FSR

Anonymous

Re: Shroomism [Re: Trail_Blazer]
    #489284 - 12/12/01 09:51 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sorry but I fail to see how you proved anything with your little formula. Newton discovered gravity, you can't expect his theories on the laws of gravity to be perfect! We don't even know how gravity works, we just know that it does, and have theories as to how it functions. I say, we are definetely getting closer.. but I'm going to have to agree with Silent One and say that Newtons Law of Gravity is wrong. (Yes I said it)
Anyways, the 12th planet is there right now. Give it another year or so and you'll be able to see it with your naked eye. There's definetely no shortage of effects its having on Earth... the animals are all going crazy, the weather is going crazy, plants are going crazy, everythings going crazy.
Of course, no amount of proof will ever convince you otherwise. I guess you'll just have to see it for yourself.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#489297 - 12/12/01 10:05 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

>Of course, no amount of proof will ever convince you otherwise. I guess you'll just have to see it for yourself.

I think that's what both sides are saying, it's just that both sides think that their proof is better.
Now the scientists are going to say "Well our proof is better! It's proven science! You're an idiot!"
And the enlightened will say "______" I don't really know what they'll say, or if they want to be called the enlightened, but their points will be no less valid. (remember things like the flat world and the earth being the center of the universe people? Are you so arrogant to think that those types of mistakes are entirely in our past? They're not, and we'll most likely be having some common sense facts shattered fairly soon, it always happens, in probably every generation. Now that the scale is getting so high, expect some huge shocks. Any scientist will tell you that.)

So, whatever happens, not everyone is ever going to believe the same thing, and it would be a shame if they did.
We're going to have to wait. The one side will have to wait to prove it, and the other side will have to wait to disprove it. (and remember things most likely won't turn out the way either side thinks they will...)

--------------------

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Shroomism [Re: Ulysees]
    #489300 - 12/12/01 10:07 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

This might be more clear:

Todays science cannot necessarily disprove tomorrows phenomenon.
Nor can todays theories necessarily prove tomorrows phenomenon.

Or something like that.

--------------------

OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

#489314 - 12/12/01 10:16 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Haha I give up, you all needed to not drop out of school.

As for the flat world idea, there was no science to back it, it was beleived to be that way by scientists (who at that time didn't have to do much to prove a hypothesis except get enough people to beleive it)

If you actually go through the derivation through calculus of newtons laws for basic physics and einsteins laws for more modern physics, which I know you will NOT, because you can't, you lack the education. The idea of the 12 th planet is proposterous.

You spiritual people out there must have a lot of faith in this stuff, because there is absolutely nothing to back it.

Even ghosts, UFO's, and the loch ness monster have something that would at least provide enough prove to start an argument. This planet idea has no an ounce of proof.

Just Shroomism's word. That all. No evidence whats so ever. And stuff that "may" happen in the future isn't evidence.

Shroomism you woulkd make a great cult leader for the 20th century even though your young, but you make very poor arguments when it comes down to hardcore science.

Spirituality can't compete with science, science has a basis and modern science must have mathical support to make it a LAW, not a theory. Spriituality, well, it has you trying to get people to beleive, which i'm sure you can, but theres nothing to back it up.

Anyhow, don't bother responding to this because I know it will just result in a word verbatim back and forth forever until someone gives up, so i'll just give up now.

Its impossible to change the bleiefs of spiritual people. I WOULD beleive this if there was proof. I beleive in some form of afterlife because there is SOME evidence of it. Although the evidence is shaky iuts enough for me to beleive. I'm no less spiritual then the next guy, but this stuff you propose shroomism, is scientifcally ridicualous.

PEACE

--------------------
[green]There is a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased this line.[/green]
Visit FSR

Anonymous

#489320 - 12/12/01 10:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

It just makes me wonder how science is so convinced they are right, when we obviously have very little understaning of how our world actually works. We recognize the existence of the forces of nature..but do we understand HOW they function? No. We create theories to try and understand them and then conduct tests which fit into our understanding of how it works. The tests are designed to provide the desired results. Can you explain why gravity works? Do we fully understand gravity? No. So until that day, don't say that you know the answer. You can't claim that you have the full understanding when you only have a few pieces of the puzzle. Silent One appears to have a better understanding of the laws of gravity than most of these scientist types, his explanations make sense. Numbers dont mean anything, unless you are sure those numbers work in any scenario. How can you know how a foreign planet will effect our planet when current science has never experienced such a thing? What have they done in the past to determine that a formula will work every time? They dont, and this is why scientists are always arguing, they think they are right based on their theories. Theories are just that, theories.
They need to accept the fact that science is not perfect, nor complete. You must leave some room for change for as new things are discovered the theories will have to change.

Edited by Shroomism (12/13/01 02:24 AM)

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#489333 - 12/12/01 10:39 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Exactly. Like I said I don't know either way, but I'll tell you one thing, most of the good scientists should be anxious to learn new things, to see new possibilities, and I have to believe that they are, or we wouldn't be where we are today.
What the hell kind of scientist uses the limited amount of science he knows to try and disprove every theory out there? A wannabe scientist.
And like I said, I don't care either way, and I'm not a wannabe scientist, nor am I trying to prove anything except the fact that nobody knows everything.

I don't know why he keeps calling people dropouts... I for one have rejoined school to try and milk as much info from it as I can, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, and I don't think there's anything wrong with dropping out if you have no need for all your physics and whatnot. (we don't all want to be aerospace engineers.)

Whatever, it doesn't matter. I'll be laughing when this guy finds out half of what he knows is wrong, or meaningless, once they make the next discovery and the next technology leap... If you know what I'm sayin. And that dude probably doesn't, cause that's probably not something they teach you in aerospace engineering. (that was it right?)

--------------------

Offlineisaiah
Stranger
    #489354 - 12/12/01 11:04 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

After reading this massive post I have to say I am pretty disgusted. The fact that you tedious bastards (mainly swami) actually take the time to check the copyright on shroomism's statements is pathetic. In a world such as this all philosophy and metaphysical discusion should be excempt from the scrutiny of self obsessing fools. As for those of you who have dropped out, and those that accuse them of being stupid, have you all forgotten the importance of learning through the self? I know many of you identify with this principle on a daily basis but it seems many of the integral principles have slipped away. The American school system is nothing but a day care clinic when compared to the potential for learning in a closed enviroment for example writing your own rules for living based on YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE. Thats the first thing we learn in school, to assimilate our ideas into this massive conglomerate called history, which is completely false the way its pushed on children. Now, the reactions to the 12th planet....If this were the forum for gay republicans who have recently been hit by a bus i would understand these cynical reactions...but this is the shroomery. We have all tasted divine hallucination and god like meditation. I see alot of people in here falling back on the science principle of proofs and theorems when in reality they are composed of faith and trust in a god that rubs them the right way. Its like theres almost a respect for greater society being represented here...
Im going to go vomit blood for a few hours....

See you in hell next to the vending machines-
Cellar

--------------------
nothing i say is true

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Shroomism [Re: isaiah]
    #489363 - 12/12/01 11:15 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Holly fuck!! I wish that my posts were as active as this one.

As far as the subject on hand goes: BOREING.

no ofensie. ' diferent strokes dont ya know.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Shroomism [Re: Jammer]
    #489373 - 12/12/01 11:23 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Wife spanking and the 12th planet are equally enthralling Jammer.

--------------------

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #489376 - 12/12/01 11:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

lol@Ulysees.

haha... you made your point. hehe

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#489378 - 12/12/01 11:25 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

That was one kick ass post Isaiah.
And like I said, I'm not taking either side. (odds are, you're all wrong.) :wink:

--------------------

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Loc: New Zealand
    #489571 - 12/13/01 06:20 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

>We recognise the forces of nature...but do we understand HOW they function?

Yep. Science is all about "how"...Newton devised an elegant and accurate theory that explained the mechanics of large-scale structures centuries before any force-carrying particles had been discovered. To this day, "gravitons" remain un-discovered in the technical sense of the word, yet we understand the properties of gravity every bit as well as we do those of electromagnetism. What we don't understand is how to link gravity with the other three forces, which act only over very short distances -- remember, the gravitational field that all objects radiate is infinite.

>How can you know how a foreign planet will affect our planet when current science has never experienced such a thing?

The same way we can calculate the exact position of any planet in the solar system at any point in the future. The effect of a large mass on a smaller mass applies irrespective of whether or not a particular event has occurred.

>Theories are just that, theories.

That's right...so far from being arrogant and close-minded, the scientist always leaves the door open to be proven wrong. In the case of gravity, Newtons work contained very minor innaccuracies, which were explained away with a better theory of gravity -- relativity.

I'm also a high school drop-out, for what it's worth.

Edited by Pynchon (12/13/01 07:45 AM)

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
Re: Shroomism [Re: Pynchon]
    #489876 - 12/13/01 01:13 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Trail_blazer: If you truly had a brain in that lump on your shoulders like you claim, you would realize that we as participants in the universe do not CREATE the laws of the universe. You should also read something outside of your little science/physics textbooks. If you did so, you would probably realize that our science is revised periodically when we discover new things. Thats the problem with science, it isn't absolutely right, and we can't expect our science to ever be exactly right, or all inclusive. You are dilluting yourself if you think that the universe can only function within our understanding of it. Your argument is pathetic.

OfflineDankVudu
Re: Shroomism [Re: Pynchon]
    #489933 - 12/13/01 02:38 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

>remember, the gravitational field that all objects radiate is infinite.

Hm, just had a thought about this comment and the debate over the 12th planet. Does this mean that the passing of the 12th planet would not necessarily have a disatrous effect on our planet? If our planet is already feeling the effects of it's gravity, at the same intensity(if it is infinite, it also stays at the same intensity at different distances, right?), then what kind of disaster could occur by it being a little bit closer? Maybe I am confused on the subject, though....

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
    #489996 - 12/13/01 03:36 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

isiah- The theories of physics are meant to form a foundation for metaphysical discussion. Philosphy is not about throwing logic out the window and ignoring accepted scientifc theorems, rather it is about placing them in a wider context, examining that which is unknown or unknowable in science... different dimensions, aliens, ways to live your life etc.. The twelth planet idea though is highly implausible, such events as those described in detail are impossible given our physical laws. Now it may be that those laws are completely wrong, but the whole point of creating them is to arrive at the closest aproximation we can of the nature of physical reality. Unless something else comes along that describes the observable phenomena around us in a more elegant, concise and coherent manner, then current scientific knowledge should be the foundation by which we judge new theories.

"The grand principle of the heavens balances on the razor's edge of truth"

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

Edited by mm. (12/13/01 03:38 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order