Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
glycerin and syringes from prints
    #487458 - 12/11/01 01:48 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

has anyone tried this??
a print is made in the bottom of a 1/4 pint jar, once print is established, instead of adding just plain sterile water to suck up in syringe a solution of 90% water and 10% glycerin or glycerol is added to the jar, frozen, then thawed. this is supposed to make the print on the bottom of the jar become suspended in the water better instead of sticking to the glass and also keep the spores viable during freezing.
i have some prints on foil that are hellgetting off (real thin, flimsy foil) i was wondering if i could apply this theory by placing the entire print (foil and all) inside the jar, injecting with glycerin solution, freezing, unthawing, shaking and the spores be suspended in the solution?
and comments on how you think the glycerin will affect substrates: verm, grain, and dung?

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Edited by XAZIA (12/11/01 02:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesylo
addict
Re: glycerin and syringes from prints [Re: XAZIA]
    #488353 - 12/12/01 05:00 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Your plan sounds like it ought to work and the glycerine should not be a problem. My main concern would be about contams on the back side of the foil. Perhaps you could clean the back side with an alcohol soaked swab first. Also, I don't understand the purpose of the glycerine. Glycerine makes water hard to freeze.
Another possibility would be to remove the bottom from a blender and screw it on to the top of a canning jar. Add some water to the jar and sterilize the whole set-up. Then, after the jar has cooled, drop in the print and blend it to pieces.

OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

#488355 - 12/12/01 05:05 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

If your going to use glycerin use nitro-glycerin and boil the solution over a hot gas stove first.

Then (if you're still alive that is) freeze.

If you try that you must have two brain cells left and they're fighting.

Peace

--------------------
[green]There is a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased this line.[/green]
Visit FSR

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: glycerin and syringes from prints [Re: Trail_Blazer]
    #488385 - 12/12/01 06:21 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I make all my prints on wax paper. Works like a champ as spores knock right off easily. Doesn`t tear so easily like foil .

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
Re: glycerin and syringes from prints [Re: Numba9]
    #488412 - 12/12/01 07:46 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

to my experience, NOTHING gets a print off of ANY surface as efficiently as Silly Putty?. Pop down a big ball, flatten with your palm, and slowly lift. The print is a lot more beautiful than any cartoon you'll ever see in the Sunday papers.

Now, how the hell do I get the print off the Silly Putty?

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
    #488441 - 12/12/01 08:38 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/archive/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=91075&page=14&view=collapsed&sb=5&part=

if you could read trailblazer, you would notice that i made no reference to this being some "idea" i thought of. it is a "THEORY" that i would like to modify and apply to another situation and would like to know if anyone out there has tried or uses this method. this method has been posted here at the shroomery and has been confirmed to work, i'm not asking your opinion if it works or not, cornball! as i stated, and i quote: "has anyone tried this..." read the above referenced thread and EDJUMICATE yourself!

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

#489295 - 12/12/01 10:03 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

It was a joke Xazia, grow up and chill.

Go toke a bowl if it helps ya nerves.

PEACE

--------------------
[green]There is a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased this line.[/green]
Visit FSR

Offlinemystic1
addict
    #489311 - 12/12/01 10:13 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

that was funny.

--------------------
realize,realize,realize
real eyes, realize, real lies
http://www.shroomery.org/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=399368&fpart=1

OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

Re: glycerin and syringes from prints [Re: mystic1]
    #489317 - 12/12/01 10:21 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I think it became exponentially funnier when it was taken seriously by Xazia and she posted a flame in return. Ahh, i got a good laugh at least.

Nitro-glycerin, sheesh.

Peace

--------------------
Visit FSR

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds