The Shroomery

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineathena
Re: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVISTIGATION [Re: Jammer]
    #1368847 - 03/12/03 09:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hi,
I'm sorry but your 'theory' that the FBI purposely did not find anything to bust one with is way off.
Do you really think that these dicks give a crud about which kind of drugs anybody uses?
The whole 'war on drugs' is a money making scam! There's no real 'war'.
Nobody's really trying to 'win'. I mean think of the money that is generated!
Tax payers money goes out by the billions in supply contracts to companys who make everything and anything that is required by this so called 'war'. Guns, goons, vehicles, serveillance equipment, planes, helicoptors, flack jackets, uniforms, offices, computers, staff, etc, etc. Not even mentioning the money generated by the prison contracts! Puh-leaze, you don't really think any of these dicks really care what it is they are busting you for, or what the heck anybody get's high on, it's all the same to them.
Athena.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKeen_Eyed
Keen_Eyed

Loc: Arizona, USA
Re: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVISTIGATION [Re: Anonymous]
    #5241163 - 01/30/06 04:41 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

the web site is down

--------------------
U & I, Well Go Get Keen Eyed!

Invisibleabrad84
Stranger
Male

Re: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVISTIGATION [Re: Keen_Eyed]
    #5241235 - 01/30/06 05:48 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Keen_Eyed said:
the web site is down

Probably cos this post is 3 years old.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVESTIGATION [Re: Jammer]
    #5241659 - 01/30/06 10:24 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Two different terrariums were used for this experiment. The first one consisted of a styrofoam cooler with a piece of plexiglas inside of it. The second terrarium consisted of a 2-1iter pop bottle with the middle portion cut out.

Hell yeah our federal agencies are teh maxxorz technologicly advanced in teh werld!

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleRoadkillM Happy Birthday!
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVISTIGATION [Re: abrad84]
    #5242356 - 01/30/06 02:35 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

abrad84 said:

Probably cos this post is 3 years old.

12/12/01 08:38 PM

was the orginal posting date of this thread.

and it is an interesting thread to read.

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVISTIGATION [Re: Roadkill]
    #5798445 - 06/28/06 05:01 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I'd bet anything that the paper is legit. Dr. David McLaughlin is real, I worked for him. He's a nice guy and is an actual mycologist at the U of M. He does work on basidomycetes from the rain forest. Specifically two species which look identical except that one grows upwards from leaves and the other grows downwards. Interesting stuff.

I'm guessing that Susan Gross was just looking for an easy project to do. Yea, the TLC is fucked. But the HPLC should still work fine with that injection temp IMO.

So it looks to me like mycelial cultures should be legal as long as they are young. So does anyone know about the legal status of mycelium in CA, GA, and/or ID? Seems to me that if the mycelium is legal that might be a way around the spore illegality problem.

-FF

--------------------
It drinks the alcohol and abstains from the weed or else it gets the hose again. -Chemy

The difference between the substances doesn't matter. This is a war on consciousness, on our right to the very essence of what we are. With no control over that, we have no need to speak of freedom or a free society. -fireseed

"If we are going to have a war on marijuana, the least we can do is pull the sick and the dying off the battlefield." -Neal Levine (MPP)

I find the whole "my drug should be legal but yours should be illegal" mindset disgusting and hypocritical. It's what George Bush and company do when they drink a cocktail and debate the best way to imprison marijuana users. -Diploid

OfflineJack_Straw
ROC
 User Gallery
Re: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVISTIGATION [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #5800790 - 06/28/06 08:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ryche Hawk said:
Somebody was kind enough to email me the document in question about this thread.
<br><a href="http://www.thehawkseye.com/fbi_mycelium.pdf"> FBI DOC: Detecting Psychoactive Drugs  in the Developmental Stages of Mushrooms </a>
<br>Its in PDF format so you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.
<br>

4 years later, it's gone.  would you (or anyone else) mind reposting it??
<br>I found a few interesting things in this study. The first is of course that psilocybe mycelium does NOT produce psilocin or psilocybin until the primodoria knot stage. Confirmed what Stamets says.
<br>
<br>The 2nd is that mushrooms grown in indirect light throughout the entire stage started to fruit on average 21 days later, compared to mushrooms grown in the dark 26 days was the average. Also the mushrooms grown in the dark were skinnier and grew longer and had darker colored caps then the more fat lighter colored mushrooms grown in the indirect light.
<br>That says keeping them in the dark during the vegetive cycle for better yeilds is really not so important after all.
<br>
<br>3rd, the fact that at these very high temps they were doing the study at, the psilocybin did not survive the process but psilocyn did !!!
<br>
<br>4th, these mushroooms were misidentified. In the report, the author gives Dr. David McLaughlin, Plant Biology Department, Univ. of Minnesota credit for his time and assiistance in identifying the mushrooms etc...
<br>There are is a picture of cubensis fruiting from a rice cake... a very week one at that.... but obviously cubensis.
<br>
<br>Of course PF did not post that info to back up his ego trip on this one. As well on PF's site he has Stamets name mispelled, obviously on purpose since he has always shown lack of respect for Stamets.... the report itself has Stamets name spelled correctly.
<br>
<br>A rather interesting read. Does anybody know of any studies out there...perhaps on the net... which show how long psilocybin/psilocyn can be detected in mushrooms ??  I've always been real curious about that one.
<br>
<br>Enjoy :smile:
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVISTIGATION [Re: Jack_Straw]
    #5802273 - 06/29/06 06:35 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

WTF?

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sEmbryoticAsshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
Re: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVISTIGATION [Re: fastfred]
    #5803395 - 06/29/06 02:05 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The site does work.......look in my sig

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
Re: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVISTIGATION [Re: em_bre_O]
    #5814436 - 07/03/06 01:20 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, old school.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVISTIGATION [Re: fastfred]
    #5815389 - 07/03/06 10:19 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Well this is quite an old post.

However, I want to note that I wrote to both Susan and to McLaughlin and to the editors of the journal of Forensic Sciences. I always write to the journals and/or newspapers which report erroneously items in the press regarding psilocybian mushrooms. Yes I wrote to them about this paper and the fact that PF only sold cubensis spore prints which the FBI claimed they purchased from PF. And then the report claimed they were P. cyanescens.

They took over two and a half years to arrest him. First they bought a spore print and waiting a year, then bought a syringe from PF with a book on how to grow them at the 2nds year ended and then waited almost another year to arrest him and bring him up on charges. The DA in the case apparenlty alluded that this man was a dangerous drug dealer, but still they allowed him to sell spores for almost 2 1/2 years after they first received numerous complaints from parents regarding their children who had purchased spore syringes.

The musrhooms, as noted were cubensis, buit in the report they said cyanescens.

I saw in t an above post where Susan had previously worked with P. cyanescens and I think maybe they grabbed the wrong spore syringes form their icebox. HEhehe. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Neither Susan nor David responded to my mail. The journal had me send another letter to them (they did not respond) the Journal told me if they didn't respond to my letter which casted doubt on their work then they would print my letter in the journal. I have also not heard back from the journal.

I recall seeing the photos but cannot find my copy of them on my computer or my files. I ahve no idea what I did with them. I have close to 2000 articles on psilocybian mushroms in my files.

One other point of interest.

Since the spores are not illegal, a search warrant was probably obtained because of selling syringes and growing instructions with them, and the fact that the pigs most likely convinced the judge that he was observed mailing dyringes daily for over two years to customers. They had been watching PF on a daily basis and even followed his and his partners trips tot he post office and back home. So they did get a warrant issued for his arrest based sole on those facts.

However, once he was arrested, the charges were changed to manurfacture of psilocine/psilocybine becasue he had a terrarium of shrooms growing in his home. The final charges had nothing to do with the charges brought in the warrant. Those were obviously dropped.

So basically that implies that the original charge proabaly would not of been help up in a court.

Just my opinions.

And Anonymous, Stamets does talk of shrooms at conferences and to friends/

Have a shroomy day,

mj

Wow, an old thread

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVISTIGATION [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5815426 - 07/03/06 10:37 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I'm surprised that he didn't respond to you. Maybe email would be a better way to contact him. Perhaps you didn't have his current address. People move around quite a bit at the U of M. As long as it is a scholarly inquiry you could give him a call. I know he at least used to answer his phone. I would be very surprised if he wouldn't answer your questions.

http://www.umn.edu/lookup?SET_INSTITUTIO...mpus=t&role=sta

-FF

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sEmbryoticAsshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
Re: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVISTIGATION [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5816178 - 07/03/06 02:13 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

MJ.....the way that stamets goes about that kind of talk is that he likes to be private about it not like u.Are u tryin' to say that u talk to him about it when ever u please? I would doubt that to be true. He is obviously open about past experiences. You are open about CURRENT Mushroom endeavours. Stamets enjoys privacy quite a bit and I think his conference and friend matters should be left private. Let someone go themselves and talk with him. At a his seminar he says right off of the bat Quote:"Please censor yourself when it comes to Psilocybe mushrooms" . People tried the subject and he would change the subject a nicely as possible.When I had a "specific" conversation with him it was after EVERYONE left.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract