Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinekmIL
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: scatmanrav]
    #5028469 - 12/07/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

This may not be a great idea because anybody with experience would not peruse the beginners forum and all that would happen is beginners would try to give advice to other beginners. The great thing about this forum is that noobs and very advanced mycologists read the posts and the beginners can have their concerns answered by people with a bit more experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Prajna]
    #5028567 - 12/07/05 01:27 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prajna said:

Here's my favorite of the day:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4885639/an/0/page/2

Here's my favorite of the year!~

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5025349#Post5025349

:smirk:

can you say Karma?

KARMA!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Roadkill]
    #5029895 - 12/07/05 05:57 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

my 2 cents...
yeah, I totally understand the need for it, but don't know how it would be done.

I'm new to this Forum but not to forum life and yeah it gets old.

So is this a general discussion or are things in the works if it gets approved?

:thumbup:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleTippinthru
contented

Loc: "The Garden"...
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Rahz]
    #5033021 - 12/08/05 06:59 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
I didn't read all the way through, so something similar may have been proposed, split it and call them Cultivation Troubleshooting and Cultivation Discussion. There would/should be overlap, but first time growers like me would gravitate to a "troubleshooting" forum.

Rahz

I kinda like this idea... :nerd: hmmmm!

--------------------
Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time...
[

OfflineNESpores
Formerly MyLady
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vermont USA
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Tippinthru]
    #5045515 - 12/10/05 06:40 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i think there should also be a 'anything hardware' section, with subsections for fruting chambers, incubators, filters, inventions, and all that malarky.
but at the same time i feel that any one should be able to post in any section as long as they feel they are ready. but, if this indeed turned out to be to chaotic/ineficiant, then i believe that every member should have to be elected by mods/members to be allowed to move up a level. for example, lets say i grow a dy pound of shroomies at once, mods/members would decide if i would then belong in the intermediate or advanced. see what I mean?
its' rather Eutopian if you ask me, and that means I like it :smile:

peace

--------------------
Did your grow fail, and now your out of spores? Problem Solved. Check out my CakeSaver Tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5236115/an/0/page/0

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: NESpores]
    #5055427 - 12/12/05 11:11 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

305 Votes and over 3400 views.

Come on people VOTE.

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

InvisibleOmnicracker
Crusted Trolltivator

Loc: Wal-Merica
Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: KaptKid]
    #5056440 - 12/13/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

it counts as a view everytime someone clicks on a post, no matter how many times theyve seen the post. so there really arent 3400 people out there wasting away in front of thier cpu's talking about fungus...

--------------------

xxx..Learn Something..xxx

Edited by Omnicracker (12/13/05 09:37 AM)

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Omnicracker]
    #5076131 - 12/17/05 06:51 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

is there any way to put some code into the mush cult that forces new people to read the the "before posting questions" link by RK at the top of the forum? 

Just like in the vets forum in the pub, users who have either so many posts or days will be forced to view that link before posting any questions.  The thread is great because it gives everything you need right there, a lot of the real basic questions can be answered in just a few mouseclicks.  I think a big problem is having that link almost hidden away at the top amongst everything else.  Since it's not the only thing stickied, and nothing else makes it stand out among the rest, it gets lost and looked over.

Either that or people really just dont want to put any effort into this at all heheh :smile:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: coda]
    #5076905 - 12/17/05 11:07 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

All I know is that something really needs to be done about this. The problem just seems to be getting worse. Everytime i check up on the board it is the same questions over and over again. I don't even bother to answer anymore. I believe that sometimes I miss out on the good questions because they are burried in all of this shit. I was hoping this splitting the forums would be put into action quickly.

I like the idea to put code into the forums to make newbs read the "before posting questions" thread. But this would be really hard to do and they wouldn't read it anyways. It would be just like the end user agreement shit you see with programs. You never read it you just click ok.

I believe that the bulk of the problem lies in the fact that people are generally lazy. People expect to come on these forums and just ask instead of actually searching, or reading themselves. I believe that people should read everything on this site before even touching the forums. So maybe a new member exam or something should be put into place. To become a member of the forums you need to take a test. Make it sort of hard too. I believe that would really cut down on the amount of bullshit we see in the forums.

I hope we come up with a solution for this quickly because I believe that it is really causing problems for people getting their questions answered. Shit you post something and in a few minutes you've gotta bump it because all of these shit questions moved it to the next page. Thanks for listening to me bitch and offer some solutions. I know they have already been said, but something needs to be done.

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: kungpow]
    #5093758 - 12/22/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I like the idea of the split, BUT I do see a forecoming problem. The fact that what is advanced, inter, or begginner is subjective.

What ones considers "advanced today" in 6 months they have grown in knowledge and skill, may seem so simple that they would classify it as inter at best.

a lot I see ALLOWED in advanced, I would consider beginner at best. not even what I would consider intermediate.

And their is much more accomplished mycologists then me, and they again would have even HIGHER standards.

These individuals would probably place 30% of what i consider advanced, into the inter. catagory.

at what level do we say this is beginner, this is inter, this is advanced?

If their is going to be a division, it would make much more sence to not do it as " knowledge levels" but do it more like catagories.. i.e. agar, cakes, casing, experiemntal ( NEVER tried) etc.

This of course would make a lot more work for the mods, and also increase the board size by at least 50%

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Invisiblespock
journeyman
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: shirley knott]
    #5103176 - 12/24/05 09:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i'm for the split if it will make the mods job easier.
i'm against any restrictions based on post count or how long you've been registered. before i registered i lurked for a couple years.
i still have not gotten around to reading the FAQ.

InvisibleDety
Old No.7
Folding@home Statistics
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: spock]
    #5157458 - 01/09/06 05:51 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

:protest:

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #5157464 - 01/09/06 06:00 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

spock said:

Well, it won't.

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #5157563 - 01/09/06 08:09 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

spock said:

I agree with Anno, it won't make our jobs any easier. The point of the split is to make forums with more concise objectives. To have a beginning, a middle, and an end if you will, for lack of better words. There are a lot of logistics that are still being considered before this idea becomes a true reality and it is likely to be weeks or months before any of us see it, if it happens at all.

Quote:

spock said:
i'm against any restrictions based on post count or how long you've been registered. before i registered i lurked for a couple years.
i still have not gotten around to reading the FAQ.

I definitely agree with you. Registration longevity and post count should not be a factor in what forums you can see and post in for cultivation. Many of our members spend 6 months or more studying and applying themselves before they post a single question, others don't. We believe that the ability to post in a particular forum should be based on the content of that post.

It's still a work in progress so don't get too excited about it, or angry if that's your position. I'm speaking in generalities here.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Wronguy]
    #5157643 - 01/09/06 08:58 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I understand the difficulty in any such change, as well as the logistical problems involved. All of which are tedious & demanding to make.

HOWEVER, It is plain that on average 70% of those who voted on the matter are for such a change.

Of course, all that is easy for those uninvolved in the mechanics to say, but actually difficult for those who are the mechanics to implement.

With all that said. This is the  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:SHROOMERY. :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Which is to cubensis mushroom cultivation, as :bongload: :bongload: :bongload: :bongload: :bongload:OverGrow :blazed: :blazed: :blazed: :blazed:is to pot cultivation.

It is my humble opinion, if the Shroomery is to retain that high STATUS, it must change with the times. Otherwise, this site will degrade into a OTD message board.

--------------------

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: agar]
    #5157717 - 01/09/06 09:25 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Very well put Agar. You're right, we must change with the times if we are to remain at the forefront of message boards. I think it's time we sat down and really had a hard discussion about this.

Thanks again for your input. Appreciated as always.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: shirley knott]
    #5158803 - 01/09/06 03:32 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

After hanging out here a while, I think it would be cool to split it into cakes and casing forums.

Another thought, the information is so spread out, and many people, for whatever reason, don't care to search/read. But, they'll read the message board. Why not start a new FAQ forum. The main page would consist of sticky posts on general topics, such as, lighting, substrate, moisture, etc. Each of these posts would consist of a list of links (specific questions) to a more detailed post. It wouldn't take a huge ammount of effort, as users could come up with the questions, and mods could simply move the good ones to the proper place. I realise there's an area like this outside the forums, but if it was listed as a forum, I think it would get a lot more use.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Rahz]
    #5158912 - 01/09/06 04:06 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
After hanging out here a while, I think it would be cool to split it into cakes and casing forums.

Oh it's not going to be that simplistic. There are quite a few topics that encompass beginner and intermediate cultivators.

Quote:

Rahz said:
Another thought, the information is so spread out, and many people, for whatever reason, don't care to search/read. But, they'll read the message board. Why not start a new FAQ forum. The main page would consist of sticky posts on general topics, such as, lighting, substrate, moisture, etc. Each of these posts would consist of a list of links (specific questions) to a more detailed post. It wouldn't take a huge ammount of effort, as users could come up with the questions, and mods could simply move the good ones to the proper place. I realise there's an area like this outside the forums, but if it was listed as a forum, I think it would get a lot more use.

Interesting idea. We do have the Mushroom Cultivation Archive which encompasses some of what you're talking about. Perhaps this would be the place to add these other items.

There are a lot of good ideas here folks. Thanks for all the input.

InvisibleDety
Old No.7
Folding@home Statistics
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Wronguy]
    #5161159 - 01/10/06 12:48 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with agar but i also see wronguy point of view.:popcorn:

InvisiblePremedman1
Assistant to the insistent
 User Gallery

Loc: South of Sanity
Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Dety]
    #5161217 - 01/10/06 01:07 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

This made since when I was high...

--------------------
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

Edited by Premedman1 (01/10/06 12:43 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck