Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: FooMan]
    #4946916 - 11/17/05 02:39 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FooManShroom said:

So I ask again, has a verdict been reached?

Is it in the works already with details being worked out?

Inquiring minds want to know! :smirk:

no

no

nothing has ben discussed as far as I know.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: FooMan]
    #4947128 - 11/17/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FooManShroom said:
So I ask again, has a verdict been reached? Is it in the works already with details being worked out? Inquiring minds want to know! :smirk:

POLL STARTED 11/3/05.

Suggest running it until 12/3/05.

Then (assumming the majority wants a split), have another poll on how a split might be made.

Say with restrictions (25 - 50 - 100 posts, in the beginners section - before getting privilages in the intermediate level), or a test, or WHO KNOWS WHAT, from a programming point of veiw.

Certainly, if someone was new & fairly knowledgable, there should be some means, for him/her to skip the beginner forum, maybe by request to a Mod, or ?.

A good breaking point would be for those who DON'T have a PC, and are limited to "Cakes" & Mono Tub, or TIT type set/ups. Because that is the usual jumping in point for beginners.

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: lid]
    #4952396 - 11/18/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

holy schytt i nearly pissed my pants laughing at wut scatman and agar wrote there! :rofl2: :rotfl: :rofl:

as for mr.math teacher at a college here....i'll have you know that in 8th grade i didn't know wut was going on in that classroom they called math the first few days. you kno wut i did though? i decided i wasn't gonna let that happen any longer so i went and bought a book and started READING it and doint excercizes. now here it is today and i can honestly say that i taught myself every bit of advanced math that i know to this day. i READ BOOKS.. i kno i kno im sorry i didn't mean to scare anyone with the concept of READING *scream of bloody murder in the background*....... what's my point? well lets see. i believe i said i wanted to understand wut all these ppl were talking about around me. so i took it upon myself to do some reading and not be some lazy little bitchy whiny kid expecting hte answers served to me on a silver platter. moral of the story: if the information is there in clear written language, there's no excuse for asking the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Edited by lordoftheshroomz (11/21/05 02:12 PM)

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4954544 - 11/19/05 02:11 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Seriously, though.  I'm not an "advanced" mycologist like, say, Workman.  But, I'm not really fitting into the basic forum with questions like, "Do I really need perlite?  And can I use it for casing?" posts. 

It would be helpful to have an intermediate forum.  You know--people that don't have years of experience but that have sort of graduated beyond BRF and are wondering about issues that don't fit in basic, but aren't really suited for "advanced" cult. 

OK.  Then, that's my bit.  :sun:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4954554 - 11/19/05 02:13 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GnuBobo said:
Seriously, though.  I'm not an "advanced" mycologist like, say, Workman.  But, I'm not really fitting into the basic forum with questions like, "Do I really need perlite?  And can I use it for casing?" posts. 

It would be helpful to have an intermediate forum.  You know--people that don't have years of experience but that have sort of graduated beyond BRF and are wondering about issues that don't fit in basic, but aren't really suited for "advanced" cult. 

OK.  Then, that's my bit.  :sun:

EXACTLY............... :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: shirley knott]
    #4961797 - 11/20/05 09:17 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I've been pushing the testing idea for a while. I wanted something like merit badges in the form of little icons under the user's name for each mycological skill they passed a test on.

I like the idea of having an intermediate forum with an entrance exam.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4961846 - 11/20/05 09:29 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Great idea, and Bobo are the exact people (and me!) that were talking about who need a forum (or class) where they can go and learn, where things arent boring them, or above our heads.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: shirley knott]
    #4965687 - 11/21/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I have to agree with Bobo
I used to frequent the cult forums but now it seems like I have to dig through pages of threads just to find something that interests me
I support the split

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: muse_sick]
    #4966085 - 11/21/05 09:47 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

well folks, here i am again hoping that ppl like another one of my ideas. i was thinking that maybe in addition to a split forum with a test and what not, there could be a way to help anyone get better answers to their questions when they NEED to post, in bginner intermediate and anvanced levels. so i came up with the idea of offering a sort of information survey that can be filled out before writing an actual post, but is not required to post. the purpose would be to eliminate people asking vague vague questions and end up having more time wasted y people having to tell or remind them to state their values for the standard variables (temps, humidity, FAE, etc.).... so i took some time and used microsoft works to write up a very basic format and idea of the types of things im talking about here. hopefully this thing will fit and come out looking the way i had it on MW lol. this is wht i wrote up. it would be something to have filled out and any info specified would be displayed automatically for anyone to see and use for a response.
oh and for the record i couldnt figure out how to re-vote or maybe i did re-vote, im not sure if my vote got registered here or not so just for the record i am all in favor of the idea of an intermediate forum. the idea ought to get the approval and then tweakage afterward.

Information Form

It is often necessary to have specific data for a question to be answered properly and accurately. Without values for at least some of the many variables answers would all only be possibilities and there are a great many of those. So for the sake of time, efficiency, bandwidth, and your mushrooms, please fill out this information panel for all fields that apply in addition to your post.

Did you do a search or read the archives/FAQs first? [ ] Yes [ ] No

If no, explain why not: [25-500 characters max]

If yes, explain why you needed to post a thread
(this is to help us get a better feel for what we |:[250-500 characters max]
can do to improve the search function and
information in the archives)

Species: [drop down menu for selection]

Strain: [drop down menu for selection]

Spawn Substrate type (check one): PF [ ] Rye [ ] Wild Bird Seed [ ] Popcorn [ ]
Brown Rice [ ] Other:___up to 200 characters___ [ ]

Spawn Container (check one): Glass Jars [ ] Myco Bags [ ] Autoclave Bags [ ] Other:_______ [ ]

Container Volume: Quart [ ] Pint [ ] Half Pint [ ] Other:_______ [ ]

Bulk Substrate Type: [ ] Horse Poo [ ] Cow Poo [ ] Worm Castings [ ] Straw(which is not hay) [ ] Compost

Volume and Weight of Bulk Substrate: _____ Cubic [drop down menu with inches, feet or centimeters ] ______ [ ] lbs. [ ] kg

Spawn Rate (in quarts to weight and/or quarts to volume): _____ Quarts to ______ [ ] lbs. [ ] kg or _______ [Cubic inches, feet or centimeters]

Average Incubation Temperature:________ F [ ] C [ ]

Casing Mix: ___% Peat moss ___% Coco Coir ___% Vermiculite
___% Calcium Carbonate ___% Hydrated Lime ___% Other:______

Average Relative Humidity (rH):____%

Average Interior Fruiting Chamber Temperature:_______ F[ ] C [ ]

Lighting Cycle: ____Hours ON ____ Hours OFF

Fresh Air Exchange Rate: _____ [ ] cc [ ] cu.in. [ ] Other:____ per [ ] Hour [ ] Minute
[ ] Second

Method of FAE: [ ] Cool mist Humidifier [ ] Aquarium Air Pump [ ] Manual Fanning [ ] Automated Controlled Fanning [ ] Other:____________

Other Info: [500-100 characters max]

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4971121 - 11/23/05 12:18 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

okay that would confuse the hell out of me if i were a newb

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: muse_sick]
    #4975540 - 11/24/05 08:56 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

yea but that wouldn't be exactly how it would look......i dont have access to all sorts of fancy schmancy web design tools so i used microsoft works. i was giving a basic idea hoping ppl would be able to get tthe concept.

--------------------

Offlinezenman223
The last Mohican
Male

Loc: NC
    #5007580 - 12/02/05 05:15 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i think its a good idea but at the same time i think it will just cause more confusion to less seasoned shroomerites as to where to post which question and more problems with people gettn all bent out of shape cuz somebody posted in the wrong forum and so forth i suggest 4 forums 2 begginer, 2 advance. 1st beginner very simple questions basic facts. 2nd cakes,fruiting cakes and so forth, 1st advanced, casing, basic casing maybe grain teks maybe some bulk, 2nd advanced, bulk preps and lc new and innovative teks or theorys ideas on new procedures etc. im telling u guys this is the way to go. look into i think it would work great and even help eliminate posts in the wrong forum as they would be more defind. lets do it!

--------------------
"I think I am, therefore I become."
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain 

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: zenman223]
    #5007602 - 12/02/05 05:22 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

How about 3 beginner , 5 intermediate and 4 advanced?

The first beginner forum would teach the newbies how to read, the second how to spell correctly, the third how to search and so on...
I wish the mods much fun moderating this chaos...

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Anno]
    #5007614 - 12/02/05 05:25 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Anno said:

The first  beginner forum would teach the newbies how to read, the second how to spell correctly, the third how to search and so on...

Why not 7 of each (joke):shitstorm:

--------------------

Offlinezenman223
The last Mohican
Male

Loc: NC
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: agar]
    #5008558 - 12/02/05 10:19 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

no i think maybe 2 of each but i still say 2 beginner and 2 advanced it will separate questions better and make it easier in the mods Taryn to separate them in three different forums. think about it.
1.begginer/faq simple basics facts on sterile teks, inocs. ETC.
2.begginer/novice fruiting cakes, simple spawn teks, ETC.
1.advanced, casing, simple casing teks, grain teks maybe bulk teks
2.advanced pro bulk preps,lc, theory's, experiments more difficult procedures.
its genius ya ll I'm telln ya!

--------------------
"I think I am, therefore I become."
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain 

InvisibleTippinthru
contented

Loc: "The Garden"...
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: GnuBobo]
    #5010019 - 12/03/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GnuBobo said:

I don't have a lot of time into any advanced Mycology, But I agree, and I read a lot as well, and don't ask questions over and over again either...However, I do learn a lot by reading posts of those more Advanced than I. I wouldn't want to be restricted from reading...
:sherlock:

--------------------
Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time...
[

InvisibleTheStudent
Learning
 User Gallery
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Anno]
    #5022371 - 12/06/05 08:41 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Anno said:

The first  beginner forum would teach the newbies how to read, the second how to spell correctly, the third how to search and so on...

wow....a comedian? I think not. anyway...

In real life I would say there are 3 stages. Beginner,Intermediate, and advanced.

Beginner- Knows barely anything, has a million question's and needs to be reassured every step of the way.

Intermediate-Knows the basic's. Knows where to find information if it' here. Getting creative, and inventive with there work. trying different methods, and may post looking for minor details left out of tek's or the like.

Advanced-I'm not there yet. so I won't try and explain this level ;]

Anno, you seem very determined to abort this idea before fruition. You seem 100% sure it's the wrong thing to do. But none of the reasons you post over and over again merit being that sure, in my eye's.

3 separate forum's to address the 3 levels of shroomerites make's perfect sense. It's called organization. The cultivation forum's are where many people are searching for information, or posting for information. Instead of having 1 forum for 2 user levels, with people trying to compete with threads(bumping). Why not grow?

There is 547110 post's in the mush-cult forum rite now. Why not let the community expand? Isn't that what the shroomery is all about?

Intermediate forum seems like common sense to me. :stoned:(lol)

Anno, there are 2 types of Beginner's(newbies). The one's that will come ask a million question's, tell you they have searched, and in the end will fail because of there lack of motivation. Then there are the one's that come ask some question's, find the archives and read through the information available hear at the site. You shouldn't categorize all the new people as being bad seed's. You know as well as I do that some succeed, and become contributor's to the site. :laugh:

Quote:

The first beginner forum would teach the newbies how to read, the second how to spell correctly, the third how to search and so on...

Quote:

Yes, and 70% believe in Intelligent Design....

:rolleyes:

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#5025274 - 12/06/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't read all the way through, so something similar may have been proposed, split it and call them Cultivation Troubleshooting and Cultivation Discussion. There would/should be overlap, but first time growers like me would gravitate to a "troubleshooting" forum.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: Rahz]
    #5025892 - 12/06/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I think you should take a look at Overgrow for a great example. They have a great idea there. They have an intense FAQ section submitted from members and then they have a few large forums with many specific subforums. You could use the exact same system as they have and it would be so much easier to navigate.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: POLL (reworded, pls re-vote) - SPLITTING THE GROW FORUMS [Re: carl]
    #5027724 - 12/07/05 09:41 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, overgrow has a few to many subforums, I find myself posting in one forum unable to find the one I need...but there wouldnt need to be that many here..I do like having maybe a few subforums for cultivation.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder