Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

glove box ?
    #4889058 - 11/03/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Greetings to all,

I have had BIG problems with contams while injection my grain jars.
I was wondering how much better success will I have if I purchase a glove box.

What I do not understand is.... theres already going to be contams in the glove box as it is, what is the best way to get rid of those? It seems like it will make the process more difficult... have to do everything in the glove box

The glove box the mushbox.com is selling has a fan, I am wondering if this will make things even worse... the fan will make already settled contams fly all over the place in the glove box... is this true or false?

is there anywhere i could buy a glove box with a hepa-type filter?

thanks for your help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: glove box ? [Re: tonyperez420]
    #4889144 - 11/03/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

you could make your own for way cheaper thay are easy as hell to make. if you made a basic glove box youself you could spend say $25 to $30.

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4889162 - 11/03/05 02:48 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I prefer a still air glove box. The advantage of a box with a fan is that you have positive pressure, which is good for when you have an opening on the side of the box and want to be able to transfer items into it while you're working. I use a still air and just spray the hell out of the box with Lysol, set everything I need inside and wait 10 minutes before going to work.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

Re: glove box ? [Re: FooMan]
    #4889354 - 11/03/05 03:26 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

foomanshroom,

thanx for your advice, i just got a couple of questions here to clarify things and make sure i fully understand you....

Lysol the glove box, then put in the syringe and grain jar?
or put the syringe and grain jar then lysol it?
Will bleached water work as well/better?

Also, if i spray down my small bathroom with bleached water and lysol,I have a fan in mh bathroom that blows air out.... should i turn that on?

thanx man, you surely have helped!

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4889403 - 11/03/05 03:37 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I Lysol, then put in my jars, syringes, agar plates, etc. You can also place a bottle of alcohol and cotton swabs inside to wipe down your gloves, jars, etc inside of the glovebox to get the areas the Lysol might have missed. I prefer Lysol to bleach/peroxide water because it creates more of a mist that lingers for a bit after you put the lid on the box and will kill more germs that way (my personal belief). This is why I wait 10 minutes before getting to work. You won't have to worry about turning on the bathroom fan cuz everything will be safe inside of the glovebox and not affected by the outside air.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4889480 - 11/03/05 03:58 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

tonyperez420 said:
The glove box the mushbox.com is selling has a fan

Sweet Jebus!
$129 for $15 in materials?
mushbox is a ripoff

OfflineAlphanumericOnly
Little LordFauntelroy'sMinion

Re: glove box ? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4912720 - 11/09/05 08:37 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Are you using grains in seed form or flour form?

OfflinedjInfctdMushroom
Stranger
Female
Loc: seattle WA
    #5806971 - 06/30/06 02:36 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

**************** there glove box is 45 dollars which is a cheap price ive purchased 2 have 4 they work remarkable and i made two of these one day that are exactly the same for 32 dollars cost per or like 29 going to walmart, home depot,Menard's etc think of it as paying some one 13 dollars to save you 2-3 days of your time to enjoy your self and not be frustrated and its free shipping so. you want a still air chamber and a 1/10 bleach mix is all thats needed to kill bacteria its better then Lysol at 2.89 a can its about 15 fold on price u can do a 1/5 ratio as well to be more seure but 1/10 wont stain cloths and kill all bacteria in air and etc. with a 8 min dry time put whatever your working on inside the box and your fine and you don't need a air tight seal as long as you are in a room thats air has settled your fine. also you can mist the air with your spray bottle to kill most bacteria in the air as well as help dust settle thanks

****Non Shroomery Vendor's Url removed****
-Roadkill

--------------------
po box'x and bowling alleys are a growers best freind :thumbup:
No statements made in any post or message by any persons and/or parties should be constructed to concieve means or measures that I am now, or have ever been, involved in or considering participation or involvement in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction and thats a fact.  dunking tek video  knock substrate tek video  rye grain knock tek video
i asian.. self explanitory right

Edited by Roadkill (06/30/06 05:47 PM)

Offlinejcee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: dallas tx
Re: glove box ? [Re: djInfctdMushroom]
    #5806996 - 06/30/06 02:46 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

damn you got ripped of djfct..... mushroom

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: glove box ? [Re: jcee]
    #5807065 - 06/30/06 03:09 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Just remember, lysol is explosive, and you really need to flame sterilize needles and scalpels. I recommend soap and water to clean a glovebox. It need not be sterile, and there is no advantage to having it sterile. A glovebox only needs to have still air so you can open jars or petri dishes and not get contaminants blown into them by the air currents in a normal room. Even bleach is overkill, but not dangerous the way alcohol based products such as lysol are. Don't waste your money on anything with a fan or filter.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflinedjInfctdMushroom
Stranger
Female
Re: glove box ? [Re: jcee]
    #5807394 - 06/30/06 05:49 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

yes rubbermaid is a rip i know. i say the bleach simply cause i know it from working in lab evironment and it simply works the best cost wise

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by any persons and/or parties should be constructed to concieve means or measures that I am now, or have ever been, involved in or considering participation or involvement in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction and thats a fact.  dunking tek video  knock substrate tek video  rye grain knock tek video

Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
    #5807428 - 06/30/06 06:04 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

it cost you 32 bucks to make a glovebox? it cost me 10... fred meyer has clear sterlite boxes for 4 bucks, home depot has 6 inch pvc fittings for 1.99 and i had a pair of dishwashing gloves in my pantry already. and all i did was rubberband the gloves onto the pvc... don't know how you spent 32 bucks on a glovebox

--------------------

OfflinedjInfctdMushroom
Stranger
Female
Re: glove box ? [Re: liamtheloser]
    #5809330 - 07/01/06 10:28 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

it was like 9 for the containers like 3 for fittings 4 for the inserts fittings for the gloves 5 for a 4 pack of gloves and 7 dollars for silicone glue 29 dollars then other little things like a giant sheet of plexi Glass to make the top on big viewing chamber 14$ i added later but thats bout the cost of everything and i did buy the big rubber made container so i could do large batches i thought it would be 10 bucks like everyone says but it turned out to be a bunch of BS when i got there to buy the supply's and i guess if i want to make one out of a gateway PC box it would only cost me 18 per

--------------------

OfflinePsiloptile
a legal alien
Male User Gallery

#5809364 - 07/01/06 10:45 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Here's what worked for me. I took a shower, put on fresh clothes, washed out my 10 gallon tank with soap and hot water, and covered the top of it with saran wrap, leaving a litle space enough to get my materials (and hands)in. Next, I plugged all door scracks lysolled the poop out of my room, put on surgical gloves, flipped the tank on its side and lysolled it to hell. I alcahol swabbed then flamed the needle every time I went in for a new jar, and innoced them inside the tank. So far, it's been two weeks, and no contams. In fact, yesterday, four of the cakes reach 100% surface colonization.

--------------------
Everything I write is false.. I made it up.. Or did I? Yep.. I did.

InvisibleSpookerShroom
Shroomerite
    #5809365 - 07/01/06 10:47 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I bought a $8 sheet of plexiglass, some silicone sealant/adhesive for $5, a 6" Holesaw for $5, and some 6" dryer tubing for $5, for a total of $23......I got a few tidbits screws and bolts and such so the total was more around $30.....I just cut the plexi to size, glued together a box...cut two holes in the front and one on each end, glued the hose to each end, glued the outer side of my gloves to the two front holes, and I just place one end of the dryer tube on my HEPA filter exhuast , and turn it on for a few minutes before begining my work....I've never had a problem, even while leaving jars open for a few minutes during G2G

OfflinedjInfctdMushroom
Stranger
Female
Re: glove box ? [Re: SpookerShroom]
    #5809434 - 07/01/06 11:21 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

well this is what my long time friend says is the cheapest if you have the tank you take and empty fish tank 10gallon or bigger clean the hell out of it then cut plexiglass to fit the top then you cout out ur 6 in holes in the plexiglasst not hard if u score the heck out of it round a cd or something or the fitting ur putting in put ur fittings in and ur gloves then u clean it put ur stuff in side it and you tape the sides screw hepa filters this is how my freind made his says hes had no problems one or 2 get contaminated here or there mainly there but i havent met a person yet who gets 100 percent yeild

--------------------

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
    #5809443 - 07/01/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i made a pretty good still air glovebox... it works great, but i don't use it for grain jar injections.. That's all done in oppen air.

I figure i can do it in open air quicker than i can in a glovebox. You should really check your spore??!? to see if it's still viable.

i have had major issues with jars, but come to find out the spores i was using was my downfall... Hope things go better for ya.. oh yea, and i spent about $20 on this.

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
    #5809456 - 07/01/06 11:27 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i dont even use my glovebox anymore, i just made a cheap cardboard one about a month ago... i don't think there's a whole lot of importance involved with air tighting your glove box... i think the fact of the matter is... it's still air inside so you're not stirring things up, and the top is preventing things from falling down on top of your jars... i've only had 2 contaminated jars out of 40 doing just open air innoc in my bathroom... i've only used glove boxes for 2 things... making syringes from prints and doing a g2g... both worked fine in a cardboard box with seran wrap on the top and just 2 holes in the side... i wore gloves of course.

--------------------

InvisibleSpookerShroom
Shroomerite
Re: glove box ? [Re: liamtheloser]
    #5809477 - 07/01/06 11:33 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

lol I like those toilet brackets oat....I was looking to do that with mine once my glue fails on the gloves, now I know what to use, thanks :smile:

InvisibleOmnicracker
Crusted Trolltivator

Loc: Wal-Merica
Trusted Cultivator
    #5809498 - 07/01/06 11:41 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

ive never used a glove box, i just spray myself down with lysol really good before i start working.
this is why the agar work i tried failed, but its not problem to inoculate jars and bags in open air.

--------------------

xxx..Learn Something..xxx

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag