Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Baby no spots amantia ID ?
    #4876144 - 10/31/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Do you think this is amanita muscaria.Ive seen many others in the same spot (under some silver birch trees, there are 2 trees about 10 metres apart, both have these shrooms and ive never seen them anywhere else )  as this one but they looked more classic,Red cap, white warts, white gills and stem. Some of them were older with parasol caps, and the younger ones looked much like this one only with spots, most were tidier around the base of there dome caps. On this one you carn't see the gills yet cos the stem ring still covers them.

It had rained alot before i picked it so i wondered if that had washed off the spots..
The extra stems are off old specimens they have been out in the rain capless for afew days so i dont know if they are any help.

ive also stuck in a picture i found in shroomerys picture gallery, it was under the title of amantia muscaria, and its spot on for what i have seen recently..

These photos are abit dull, but anyway..

this ones from the picture gallery:

id be well grateful if someone could help,im alittle confused. :confused:
Thank you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVolvoxBox
ExperimentalMouse

Loc: Mozambik
Re: Baby no spots amantia ID ? [Re: Mike_yy]
    #4882862 - 11/02/05 08:51 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

might be amanita caesarea

--------------------
[ www.shkart.com ] - experimental music society - www.insected.com

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Baby no spots amantia ID ? [Re: VolvoxBox]
    #4883441 - 11/02/05 11:36 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Someone else said maybe Amanita parcivolvata, Which does look alot like Muscaria. Amantia caesarea looks similar but the habitat dosent seem to fit and im not sure they are found in England( southern europe i just read ), this shroom is edible( i think ). Amantia parcivolvata is suppost to make you sick and give u the shits.

Mushroom poisons and poisonous mushrooms at.

http://www.mv.com/ipusers/dhabolt/dad/mushroom/puffball/puffball4/piosonous.html

seems to b quite a good page.

The shroom i have didnt seem to have a cup at the base, when it was very young it was just a red bump coming out of the ground.

i think its muscaria for many reasons, its just the no spots thing that confuses me. I am no expert though.. :stoned:

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Baby no spots amantia ID ? [Re: Mike_yy]
    #4887991 - 11/03/05 10:20 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Those do appear to be A. muscaria, although odd looking. Rain can definitely wash the warts off the cap.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Baby no spots amantia ID ? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4888532 - 11/03/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Everyting points that way. Its like u say they do look odd, but they are the very last ones of the season.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder