Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Shroomism [Re: Trail_Blazer]
    #487689 - 12/11/01 05:06 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Heh.. I definetely don't plan on installing satellie dishes my whole life, but the money is good and I enjoy doing it. I meet a lot of different, interesting people every day, and every day something different happens.. and for right now its a great thing for me. On a side note, I'm in a band and we play shows in the Washington DC/Northern Va/Maryland area, Jaxx, 930 club this summer, if any of you are ever in the area. We are working on our first album right now which should be completed by the end of January.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedFluX
Friend
Loc: Berkeley
Re: Shroomism [Re: ]
    #487701 - 12/11/01 05:14 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I'm sorry that you feel that a formal education is a waste of brain cells. As much as i didnt really enjoy highschool, what it taught me is useful. I enjoy being able to have an intelligent conversation with people...and for those of you who say going to school doesnt make you more intelligent, bullshit. Not only does school make you a intelligent person, it makes you appreciate science, math, literature, music, art, history, EVERYTHING more. Thus i am appreciating life more than i used to...and i find that valuable. Im sorry if some of you are too ignorant to take advantage of the opportunities that are out there. All you have to do is keep an open mind and pay attention. Moreover, if i hadnt gone through highschool and now in college, i wouldnt see myself as half the person i am now. By closing your mind during some of the most important years of your development, you are COMPLETELY shutting off so many experiences, opoprtunities, and some incredible knowledge. The more you know, the more in-depth you can get in conversations, arguements, and self-exploration. I honestly feel sorry for those of you who are so closed minded to not have given yourself a chance to enjoy learning...and i wish that everyone could have the opportunity to go to college, get inspired, and take advantage everything that it offers. I for one, am infinately grateful of the education i received. It's so fucking easy to say its worthless and then not try or drop out, but then you're a coward. Why take the easy way out and limit yourself? i wont.

Oh and one more thing shroomism, yes i'm criticizing you..."but pay no heed to these people for they serve only to slow you down" its nice to know that i have an important part in the whole scheme of things, nice ego.

Anonymous

Re: Shroomism [Re: RedFluX]
    #487719 - 12/11/01 05:29 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I am relating to my own experiences, as well as the people I associate with. In my high school, the creative thinkers and people who asked questions were singled out and sent to alternative education. (This was rated the #1 public high school in the US for three years) They wanted conformists, not free thinkers. I didn't simply drop out of high school because I 'couldnt hack'.. there was a lot of things which led up to that decision. Never did I once close my mind or not try. Those three years after dropping out were the hardest of my life by far, and I've learned more from them than any other experience I can fathom. I think it's safe to say that different people require different things. Some people need school to develop... while some people are just not meant for the high school environment, I don't think it fair that you bash on me for that.

As far as the pay no heed quote, that is in no way directed towards you, but rather to those who try to hinder. That was advice I was given a long time ago, not something that I came up with.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Shroomism [Re: CherryBom]
    #487780 - 12/11/01 06:26 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

You're extremely well taught and well spoken.
Especially when quoting directly from a book and claiming the words as his own!

There is total integrity for all you believers

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Shroomism [Re: lissa]
    #487783 - 12/11/01 06:31 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I'm a high school drop out since 15..

formal education does not necessarily have anything to do with intelligence...

It does take intelligence to recognize the importance of an education in today's society and the discipline to follow through to complete a basic high school education.

Reading books on the Bermuda Triangle does not count as education.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Shroomism [Re: Swami]
    #487784 - 12/11/01 06:32 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Seriously Swami, your constant attacks on me are getting rediculous.

Edited by Shroomism (12/11/01 06:33 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Shroomism [Re: Trail_Blazer]
    #487792 - 12/11/01 06:35 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly. Playing the game will open many more doors than dropping out.

--------------------

Anonymous

#487794 - 12/11/01 06:38 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

*walks away in disgust*

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#487800 - 12/11/01 06:41 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

What do you object to now?

1. That getting a formal education is more intelligent than dropping out? Is that an attack on you or is it a true statement about the complexity of our society ?

2. Did you or did you not let many people praise you for statements that were not your own?

YES OR NO? No doublespeak - just a simple reply.

--------------------

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #487808 - 12/11/01 06:50 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Shroomism, I've been meaning to ask you for some time, but what do you see as your purpose in preparing the human race for the changes to come? Surely it doesn't stop at posting on the shroomery. I too find you an extremely intelligent and well spoken person, and I can't help but think you could be doing so much to aid humankind in this time. Do you plan on making a website, writing a book, starting a cult, anything? (Just so you know if you ever decide to start something I'll definately be counted in, and so will a lot of other people here I imagine). I'd be interested to hear how you see yourself involved in the coming changes.

OfflineGenicsBreed
journeyman

#487815 - 12/11/01 06:54 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Swami, I have two questions. Is the television your teacher? Are you a robot?

--------------------
I wanna devise a virus
To bring dire straits to your enviornment
Crush your cooperations with a mild touch
Trash your whole computer system and revert you to papyrus
-Deltron 3030

OfflineTao_Shin_Li
    #487828 - 12/11/01 07:04 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i also have question for swami..... do you ever have your own original ideas or do you just tell everyone how ther ideas are stupid?
what makes you think shroomism copies what he say from books?

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Shroomism [Re: Tao_Shin_Li]
    #487850 - 12/11/01 07:22 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Actually, a lot of shroomism's longer posts have been lifted directly out of books. I know because I have read some of the books. But big deal, quoting directly from the book gets the information across easier..I don't really see why this is an issue.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#487860 - 12/11/01 07:32 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

do you ever have your own original ideas
I have many, but when it comes to Spirituality; there is little that can be said. An idea is not wisdom nor experience.

do you just tell everyone how ther ideas are stupid?
Please don't exaggerate. I hardly tell everyone that their ideas are stupid. I participate on several forums and frequently answer people's questions politely and informatively.

what makes you think shroomism copies what he say from books?

It is not a matter of "thinking", but of observation. Most of his "ideas" are plaguerized from books such as "The Twelth Planet" and "Chariots of the Gods".

He once posted the "Rules for Being Human". After two pages of praise from fellow shroomerites, I pointed out that they were taken VERBATIM from Dan Millman.

FIrst he replied that he never claimed that they were his words, though correcting no one when he was praised for his wisdom and insight. Then he claimed that he channeled them. In a previous post he spoke of channleling thoughts and feelings saying exact words never come through. Yet, here he simultaneously channels the EXACT same words.

His lies and hypocracy are tantamount. I will not stand for it - even if I incur the wrath of many shroomerites.

--------------------

OfflineTao_Shin_Li
    #487862 - 12/11/01 07:33 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Did you or did you not let many people praise you for statements that were not your own?

which statements of his do you talk about? even if he did copy them from book. why does it matter he is not doing for fame he is trying to help people

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Shroomism [Re: Revelation]
    #487867 - 12/11/01 07:36 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Actually, a lot of shroomism's longer posts have been lifted directly out of books. I know because I have read some of the books. But big deal, quoting directly from the book gets the information across easier..I don't really see why this is an issue.

It is not a big deal if you give credit to the author, but claiiming them as your own (or trying to give the impression that they are original) gives one a serious credibility problem, in addition to being misleading and unethical.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#487869 - 12/11/01 07:40 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

why does it matter he is not doing for fame

Fame is an ego-based motivation. Claiming someone else' s creation as your own is theft and most certainly is self -aggrandizement.

--------------------

OfflineTao_Shin_Li
    #487870 - 12/11/01 07:41 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

swami rules for being human was written by anonymous author some 2,000 years ago this dan millman did not make it

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#487882 - 12/11/01 07:50 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

So either way, you agree that shroomism did not write it?

--------------------

Anonymous

#487887 - 12/11/01 07:53 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Jesus...

One...Yes I have copied a couple posts directly from a book. No I did not claim it as my own, no it was not chariots of the gods or the 12th planet. It was the Pleiadian Agenda.
Two..You think I am doing this for an ego boost? Wow Swami you have me all figured out.
Three.. I am not going to waste my energy arguing with you anymore. It's pointless. Bitch and moan all you want, say whatever you want about me, tell everyone on the shroomery I'm a fraud.. I dont give a shit.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale