Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL!
    #4876520 - 10/31/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

today i got my first 5 gallons of veg Oil from a grease trap outsied a local pizza place,

I brought it home, and after spilling a hell of a lot and 2 trips to the hardware store i got the grease filtered and its ready to go!

i need 10 more gallons and ill have enough to bring with me detroit so i can drive the car im buying back home for free!

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4876557 - 10/31/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

1. Ewwww.
2. COOL!

3. me likes environment 2

OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: Anisotropic]
    #4876575 - 10/31/05 07:01 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Reminds me of some diesel fuel i saw on TV once from called Willies Diesel Fuel, lol Willie Nelson has his own fuel

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: Ramlaen]
    #4876868 - 10/31/05 08:04 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

im going back to the trap, going to try and get atleast 20 some gallons made up by tomorrow ish. hehehehehehe

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4876942 - 10/31/05 08:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

what kind of oil mileage you get?

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4877063 - 10/31/05 08:41 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I actually saw a commercial on TV yesterday or today about converting to oil.  Thought of you :smile:

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: Phychotron]
    #4877107 - 10/31/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phychotron said:
what kind of oil mileage you get?

Close to what that particular car gets. Ive heard of better or worst MPG usually not much either way maybe 2 or 3 miles more

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: buckwheat]
    #4877463 - 10/31/05 09:40 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

yeah its about the same depending on what kind of oil it is and how good you filter it.

i just went back to the dumpster, and snagged another few gallons. i have 8 filtered now, im half way home from Detroit!

im thinking that i might actually bring all of the parts i need for the conversion and do it in Detroit before i drive the Benz Home!

but yeah, tomorrow im going to take the passenger seat out of my car, and put in a 30 gallon oil drum, and go around town fillin her up! these 5 gallon trips are some bullshit.

the filter setup all in all cost me about $150. thats = to under 50 gallons of diesel, this shit RawkS!

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4877527 - 10/31/05 09:52 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The Mr. Hero here has a bin, like a dumpster, that holds around 200 gallons of oil. You gotta try and find one of those bad boys.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4877602 - 10/31/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

you should just ask the restaurant owners for the oil.
they usually have to pay to have it disposed of, so
they'd be glad to just give it to you at no cost to them.
of course, small businesses would be easier...

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#4877779 - 10/31/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

ROCK ON BROTHER...BIODIESEL IS WHERE ITS AT......ULL BE THE MAD MAX OF THE PRESENT.......SERIOUSLY....WE ALL NEED TO GET INTO BIODIESEL.....THE WORLD IS COMIN TO AN END AND IF U DONT BELIVE THAT....UD BE A FOOL TO THINK WE ARENT RUNNING OUT OF "NATURAL" RESOURCES. LETS ALL GET A CLUE AND REALIZE, WE CAN BE THE MAD MAX'S (IF U HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE GET IT) OF OUR TIME. THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GO TO SHIT....AND HAVING ANY UP WILL HELP U OUT. U WANA SURVIVE THE APPOCOLYPSE.......BUY A DEISEL ENGINE VEHICLE AND CONVERT IT TO BIODEISEL. ULL BE A TARGET FOR WHATEVER BUT.....ULL HAVE SOMETHIGN THAT CAN RUN ON SHIT THAT WILL BE AROUND.....U HOO KNOW KNOW WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT....LETS ALL GET REAL FOR A SECOND....FUCKERS! SLACKERS! HAHA! JESUS DONT WANT ME FOR A SUNBEAM! I LOVE YOU ALL!

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4877825 - 10/31/05 10:35 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: dr_gonz]
    #4877940 - 10/31/05 11:05 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
how much is the car? i've been reading about this for a few years.

he converted a diesel to bio-diesel using a kit, probably
car manufacturers arent into bio-diesel, for obvious reasons.

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Vvellum]
    #4877952 - 10/31/05 11:06 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: dr_gonz]
    #4877972 - 10/31/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

oh duh
missed that part..
nevermind then

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: Vvellum]
    #4878339 - 11/01/05 01:20 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm... I curious to hear how this winds up, I'm actually quite invested in this story now.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4878389 - 11/01/05 01:36 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

You're actually going to do this? Right on.

What are the drawbacks to doing this?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: Learyfan]
    #4878432 - 11/01/05 02:21 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

no real drawbacks..
you just need a car that can be converted with one of the kits.

gas mileage is about the same, sometimes better.
runs on free vegetable oil from restaurants.

zippoz will explain the rest...

Offlinedoublehelix
ordinary
Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: Vvellum]
    #4878589 - 11/01/05 06:15 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

haha i cant get the images out of my head of people cooking food under their hoods... =P

--------------------
Helix?

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
    #4878779 - 11/01/05 08:34 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

What happens when everyone does this and the resaurants run out of oil? I'd imagine that a major city's restaurants could support maybe 100-1000 cars, depending on the city.

What I'm getting at is we need this biofuel to actually be mass-produced and available at every gas station for this to be a permanant fuel solution for mankind. Are there any plans for that?

--------------------
:orly:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom