Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: The MR&P Community Vote -- Wiccan_Seeker as a local moderator [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4875059 - 10/31/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Let me read off the forum description:

Quote:

Similar to our Philosophy & Spirituality forum, here is a place for the dreamers who do not wish to have their ideas harshly criticized or disproved. Freely express and discuss your personal beliefs on spirituality, religion, mysticism and the paranormal. Share your views of the universe, souls, god(s), extraterrestrials and beyond. Attempting to disprove or discredit an idea will not be tolerated. If you wish to debate and argue a position, the Philosophy & Spirituality forum is your alternative.

Apparently the hilighted text does not apply to those whose personal beliefs involve freedom from delusions.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: The MR&P Community Vote -- Wiccan_Seeker as a local moderator [Re: Silversoul]
    #4875256 - 10/31/05 01:12 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I share Paradigm's concerns, ut the blame does not fall on Wiccan. It falls on all three forum Mods, and their philosophy as to how this forum should be run.

It has little to do with any ONE of the three.

They have ALL admitted bias towards Swami... although Swami has broken no rule, in the history of this forum.

It is pretty obvious, they created this forum, just to KICK HIM OUT.

How un-Shroomery.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: The MR&P Community Vote -- Wiccan_Seeker as a local moderator [Re: Silversoul]
    #4875302 - 10/31/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Let me read off the forum description:

Quote:

Similar to our Philosophy & Spirituality forum, here is a place for the dreamers who do not wish to have their ideas harshly criticized or disproved. Freely express and discuss your personal beliefs on spirituality, religion, mysticism and the paranormal. Share your views of the universe, souls, god(s), extraterrestrials and beyond. Attempting to disprove or discredit an idea will not be tolerated. If you wish to debate and argue a position, the Philosophy & Spirituality forum is your alternative.

Apparently the highlighted text does not apply to those whose personal beliefs involve freedom from delusions.

That's because you fail to understand the meaning of the whole description. The highlighted text is inserted in a broader definition, you can't simply highlight it and expect someone reasonable to accept it as a proof for any argument.

Regarding "your" definition of spirituality, there's simply no true definition. Spirituality is an abstract concept experienced by different people, thus is subjective in its essence. You proclaim yourself as a bearer of some kind of "truth", i can't find such proclamation but pretentious and certainly not humble, much less spiritual. How can you find my remark closed minded, when you seem to reduce spirituality to simply questioning beliefs ? What is the degree of freedom of your spiritual inquisition compared to criticism-free forum MR&P is intended to be ?

As i see it, Wiccan is doing a fine job here. The majority of mods in this forum and in the former S&P, all had to go through some kind of "purification by fire" event. Some mods are more sensitive than others when such event happens, some react harshly, some react more kindly and others don't react at all, go figure ... it's the human nature :smirk:. As before, i see the same people taking the same pretentious, cynical and hypocritical attitudes. To those people i say, if you can't stand a free-criticism spiritual forum, post at P&S  :tongue: .

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: The MR&P Community Vote -- Wiccan_Seeker as a local moderator [Re: MAIA]
    #4875333 - 10/31/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

We've been straying from the topic.

Let me just say, Maia, I see where you are coming from... and the ONLY part you seem to miss, is that IS Paradigm's spirituality!

It may seem weird to you, but THAT is his God, and mine... and I suspect Swami's too.

We want room to post OUR beliefs in here too... it is our right. We PROMISE to follow the rules. And if you check WA&F, Ythan wants people of ALL BELIEFS to be ACCOMODATED, and treated WITHOUT BIAS, as LONG as they are expressing their TRUE beliefs.

Please don't PERMABAN US WHEN WE FOLLOW THE RULES! You did this to Swami. That is insulting, and THREATENING, to ALL who share his type of Spirituality.

So are the locked/dumped threads WHENEVER someone expresses concern about THAT ISSUE.

THAT is what I've been trying to say for a MONTH!

Good to see you Maia, I hope you are feeling better.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: The MR&P Community Vote -- Wiccan_Seeker as a local moderator [Re: MAIA]
    #4875360 - 10/31/05 01:48 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MAIA said:
That's because you fail to understand the meaning of the whole description. The highlighted text is inserted in a broader definition, you can't simply highlight it and expect someone reasonable to accept it as a proof for any argument.

No, I'm afraid it is you who doesn't grasp the meaning of the whole description.  I see no reason why skeptical beliefs should be any less protected under that forum description than those who believe in UFOs or psychic phenomenon.

Quote:

Regarding "your" definition of spirituality, there's simply no true definition. Spirituality is an abstract concept experienced by different people, thus is subjective in its essence.

Which is exactly why it's bullshit to discriminate against the spiritual views of those who are labeled as skeptics. 

Quote:

You proclaim yourself as a bearer of some kind of "truth", i can't find such proclamation but pretentious and certainly not humble, much less spiritual. How can you find my remark closed minded, when you seem to reduce spirituality to simply questioning beliefs ? What is the degree of freedom of your spiritual inquisition compared to criticism-free forum MR&P is intended to be ?

My views towards spirituality do not exclude others from expressing their views.  The same is not true of you or Wiccan.

Quote:

As i see it, Wiccan is doing a fine job here. The majority of mods in this forum and in the former S&P, all had to go through some kind of "purification by fire" event. Some mods are more sensitive than others when such event happens, some react harshly, some react more kindly and others don't react at all, go figure ... it's the human nature :smirk:. As before, i see the same people taking the same pretentious, cynical and hypocritical attitudes. To those people i say, if you can't stand a free-criticism spiritual forum, post at P&S  :tongue: .

I am not talking about the intense inquiry that occurs in P&S.  I agree that that should stay within that forum.  However, when a skeptic expresses a view which advocates a critical outlook on life, his views are shot down and censored, and he is issued a warning for "inflammatory" comments.  Quite frankly, this is creating a hostile atmosphere.  Much more so than the one you complained about in the former S&P forum.  You are discriminating against a valid spiritual viewpoint, and that is why you are a hypocrite.  You and Wiccan have made it unsafe for certain people to express their views without being harassed -- the exact same thing which you have charged Swami with doing.

BTW, thank you for the warning.  It's nice to see such a gesture of goodwill, and lets me know that I will can be safe to express my views without harrassment. :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4875369 - 10/31/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You were warned for THAT!?

Nice to havge a witch-hunt on Halloween!

Stay strong, man. That is bullshit.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: The MR&P Community Vote -- Wiccan_Seeker as a local moderator [Re: Rose]
    #4875376 - 10/31/05 01:54 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
I share Paradigm's concerns, ut the blame does not fall on Wiccan. It falls on all three forum Mods, and their philosophy as to how this forum should be run.

It has little to do with any ONE of the three.

They have ALL admitted bias towards Swami... although Swami has broken no rule, in the history of this forum.

It is pretty obvious, they created this forum, just to KICK HIM OUT.

How un-Shroomery.

ALL ? ... obvious ? ... un-Shroomery ? ... please ...
Your assumptions are cynical and pretentious to say the least. What is obvious is that you add nothing significant to the discussion but more Swami drama. Please stop and don't turn this thread into a spectacle or it will be closed. This is a warning.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: The MR&P Community Vote -- Wiccan_Seeker as a local moderator [Re: Rose]
    #4875385 - 10/31/05 01:55 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If people like and want that style of practicing spirituality, why can't they post their spiritual beliefs in the Spirituality forum? Swami has no religious, mystical, or paranormal beliefs. He has made that quite clear in his 5 years here. He has also made his intention to negate those of others because they are "irrational and delusional" quite clear as well.

If people want to put their stuff under someone else's skeptical scrutiny, they can post it in the spirituality forum.

Wiccans ability to judge what is or is not spiritual isn't an issue anymore. This is no longer the spirituality forum.

He is now covering Religion, Mysticism and the Paranormal.

Did any of you consider that they handled taking care of any mod here showwing a spiritual bias by moving the spiritual header out of here?

It's no longer Wiccans territory to cover, so there is no point in judging him on modding spirituality anymore.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (10/31/05 01:59 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: The MR&P Community Vote -- Wiccan_Seeker as a local moderator [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4875491 - 10/31/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Anywhere religious beliefs are to be expressed everyone should be welcome. On the "honk if you love jesus" thread I got an official warning for saying that I would not honk, and that in fact, I would kick Jesus' ass for allowing the travesty that is occurring in the world today involving Christianity (radical religious right). I did not dispute another member, or make an inflammatory comment...I expressed my views on Jesus, but I was told my views would not be tolerated. I was following the rules to the letter. This is religious intolerance. I see an extreme expression of ego going on with a few of the mods here.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: The MR&P Community Vote -- Wiccan_Seeker as a local moderator [Re: Asante]
    #4875502 - 10/31/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
I cannot sanction this perpetuation of madness. This thread has veered off-topic and all I see is a bunch of people arguing for the sake of arguing. This forum is going to be protected by subjective means, and if you can't handle that - stay out. Read gettinjiggywitit's post above for related commentary. If Wiccan_Seeker wishes to step down, he'll just have to come to that decision on his own accord.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The MR&P Community Vote -- Wiccan_Seeker as a local moderator [Re: Asante]
    #4875577 - 10/31/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Geokills, sorry for the unlock-lock quicky but I thought it only fair to append my final decision to this thread.

Several staff members and members have told and PM-ed me how my decision to do this was the wrong call to make. And indeed it has caused drama which led to an adminstrative decision to lock the thread because it was causing more unrest rather than resolving it.

Geokills has put the ball in my court.

My final decision is that I will stay on. At the closing of the poll the combined ratings given in this thread were +5, thereby clearly to the side of my staying on, and are in fact +8 if I were to add my personal vote to the whole.

I apologize to all involved and by my own wish, urgent requests from members and staff alike and a positive outcome of the public response to this thread until this lock, I have decided to stay on as a moderator of MR&P and that is final.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order