Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSaDClowNSe7eN
Stranger
New to shrooms
    #4867933 - 10/29/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

well first i would like to say hello to everyone. i have been reading up alot on this site ive read alot of the faq's and some of the posts in the message board. theres just a couple things i didnt understand.

this will be my first time trying shrooms. ive read and read and i do know that it could either be one of the best or worst experiences of my life. the only things ive ever really done in the past are marijuana and alcohol.

a good amount for me to try would be about a gram to a gram and a half right? me and my friends will be buying it by the 1/8. im not sure what kind of shrooms they are ( i think theres alot of different safe kinds to eat and trip on) but i do know they are safe.

im going into it curious and not knowing what to expect. and i wont lie i was a little nervous before but ive read and im not as nervous anymore. is this a bad thing? i mean ive heard and read you should be in a good mindset and i think i am. actually i am except the fact of being a little nervous. im pretty good at telling myself its just the weed that im on and everythings cool. but ive heard that shrooms are alot different than weed.

so im just asking if the amount i said above is the ideal amount to start with and my mindset. im going to be doing it with close friends and we have somone thats gonna be there sober to watch on us. im sorry if this is just another noob post and if it is mods please just delete or close my thread.

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: New to shrooms [Re: SaDClowNSe7eN]
    #4867984 - 10/29/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

To tell you the truth you'll be bored as fuck if you take 1.5 grams. You definitely wont need a sitter.

As long as you can handle your drugs easily, without freaking out over insignificant shit, and have read all the FAQs, you'll be fine even doing on an eighth.

I'd say if you're really sure about not jumping into it, split an eighth with your friend, that's 1.75 grams each.

OfflineSaDClowNSe7eN
Stranger
Re: New to shrooms [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4868004 - 10/29/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

ok io think thats what we were planning on doing splitting an eigth. and to be honest with you im not even sure how much an eigth is. someone told me it was 2 caps and 2 stems so i just figured that we were just gonna each take a cap and stem.

That seems about right.....right?

Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

Loc: Limbo
    #4868006 - 10/29/05 06:44 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm.... I don't know if he will necessarily "be bored." I experienced ego-loss once when on 1.5-2 grams. It all depends on the set and setting... and on the potency of the boomers.

Start with 1.5 grams... you should be fine. (Don't do anything below a gram, though.)

Edited by drloomis82 (10/29/05 06:45 PM)

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
    #4868201 - 10/29/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
...that's 1.75 grams each.

You mean 3.5g... an 1/8 is ~7g, therefore a 1/16 is 3.5.

A 1/16 is quite a dose for the first time, but it sounds like you've done your research pretty well (props on that), so you should be ok with a slightly higher dose than most would suggest for first timers.

OfflineFloydexperiment
Stranger

Re: New to shrooms [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4868208 - 10/29/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

umm milk man i believe eight is 3.5 therefore half of eighth 1.75.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=1%2F8+ounce+to+gram

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#4868239 - 10/29/05 08:10 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

There are roughly 28 grams in an ounce.

An eighth of an ounce is 3.5 grams.

Don't know how you've been in the scene so long without knowing this.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4868265 - 10/29/05 08:21 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Oh dear.... you're right...
This changes everything...

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#4868278 - 10/29/05 08:26 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:

Jeez your customers must have been getting a great deal. :wink: :grin:

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#4868281 - 10/29/05 08:29 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hahaha...

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4868288 - 10/29/05 08:32 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

^^^^^
#1 dumbest post I have ever made.

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
:lol:

Jeez your customers must have been getting a great deal. :wink: :grin:

That's exactly what i meant too, oh damn. No wonder i always got such good business!
That's what i get for being American and trying to use the metric system.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Lysergic_Milkman (10/29/05 08:39 PM)

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4868293 - 10/29/05 08:35 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

DELETE: Oops! double post! I'm just fucking everything up today.

Edited by Lysergic_Milkman (10/29/05 08:37 PM)

Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

#4868327 - 10/29/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If you've done other psychedelics, I'd say go for a medium dose just to get accustomed for the first time. If you've never done ANYTHING, I'd just take a gram, and possibly load up a bowl as well for the enhancement if you decide you need or want.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: New to shrooms [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #4868529 - 10/29/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

my last time was on 1.75g's... I was anything but bored...

Also, you can't tell the weight just by numbers of caps and stems, all caps and stems are different sizes and therefore have different weights... but for most of the shrooms I've seen (which have had smaller stems/caps) 2 stems and 2 caps isn't even a gram. But then you get some other mushrooms with bigger stems so there's really no telling unless you have a scale

Edited by StickyWater (10/29/05 10:07 PM)

Offlineart
Stranger
Re: New to shrooms [Re: StickyWater]
    #4868687 - 10/29/05 10:39 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You sound like you know what you are doing, so you should be fine. I think no matter what you do you will have a good experience. If they are very potent and you trip hard I think you will be able to handle it. If it is pretty weak, it will still be fun, especially if you have some marijuana. Just relax, and enjoy whatever happens.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #4868859 - 10/29/05 11:30 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

being a little bit nervous your first time is expected. start low your first time, a 16th sounds about right. you will have plenty of opportunities to up the dose later. a 16th will be plenty to get your feet wet, and give you a little bit of an idea of what to expect from higher doses later. and no matter what anyone says, its always a good idea to have a sober sitter around, one experienced a bit with psychedelics is preferable. better safe than sorry as far as im concerned.

as youve stated, it is extremely important to have a proper set and setting. do them somewhere you feel safe.....somewhere you can get a little loud with out having to worry about people calling the cops or some shit. i like to go camping somewhere out in the woods, or in my case, the desert... out under the stars with a campfire.....sublime.

if your gonna do them in a house, clean up the place before hand. un plug all phones, put away all sharp objects. maybe put on a movie for the come up, something like alice in wonderland or fantasia, anything like that would be fine. chances are that before the movie is over you will be up and around checking out the walls.....but ive found that for alot of people (first timers especially) having a movie fore the come up really helps with the anxiety of it all. it gives you something to pay attention to other than  "am i tripping yet"

the people around you should be your friends. i would not recommend going to a party or a club, or anywhere else that would put you out in a place where you will run into unfamiliar faces. this can cause some pretty extreme paranoia. do them with a friend, and have another friend there sober. once you start tripping its pretty good sometimes to have another person along the same type of mind set.

make sure youve got no plans the following day, no work, school, etc....you will want the day off to recover and lay around, catch up on some sleep, reflect upon the experience.

set up anything you can before you start your trip. locate any toys you might want to play with, i like to have a note pad and pencil handy, they can be fun. set up any play lists, or gather cds you might want to listen to. if your going to smoke pot, get your pipe and bowl out. one time i while tripping i couldnt remember where i put my weed, and i wanted to smoke a bowl......it fucked me up. lol. basically the idea is that you wont want to be looking for things, or struggling with getting technology to work once you get high....

as for what to expect....thats a hard one to answer, but ill try. it is different for everyone, but at the same time there are some things that are pretty common for everyone.

visuals- you might not get much from a 16th, or you might get alot. who knows, but expect to see things melting, breathing, swirling.....,trails, patterns, fractals, color shifts, the list goes on. i find that as far as visuals are concerned, nothing will beat the ones you get with your eyes closed.

you may experience some time distortion. time may appear to slow down, or at higher doses just stop altogether. you will trip for roughly 4 hours give or take, but it may seem at points that you may never come down. you will trust me.

go with the flow of the trip. dont fight it. you may see your reality fading away.....its ok, let it. its why you took the mushrooms in the first place. it will return. if you start to feel yourself getting a little antsy, nervous, anxious, etc....try a change in your environment. you would be surprised at how something so simple as different music or walking outside can change your whole perception.

and most of all, just have fun. sit back, relax and enjoy the show.  :thumbup:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
    #4869087 - 10/30/05 12:41 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
To tell you the truth you'll be bored as fuck if you take 1.5 grams. You definitely wont need a sitter.

you got that right....i like to eat 14 grams.....but what do i know?

i go for the out of this world experience......

u will need a sitter on 14 grams dried...

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: New to shrooms [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #4869108 - 10/30/05 12:47 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmm, ya might not know much at all

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
Re: New to shrooms [Re: stemmer]
    #4869246 - 10/30/05 01:36 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i been around glassdick oops i mean "stem"

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

Edited by GaNjAShRooM (10/30/05 01:36 AM)

OfflineSaDClowNSe7eN
Stranger
Re: New to shrooms [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4869477 - 10/30/05 01:37 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
being a little bit nervous your first time is expected. start low your first time, a 16th sounds about right. you will have plenty of opportunities to up the dose later. a 16th will be plenty to get your feet wet, and give you a little bit of an idea of what to expect from higher doses later. and no matter what anyone says, its always a good idea to have a sober sitter around, one experienced a bit with psychedelics is preferable. better safe than sorry as far as im concerned.

as youve stated, it is extremely important to have a proper set and setting. do them somewhere you feel safe.....somewhere you can get a little loud with out having to worry about people calling the cops or some shit. i like to go camping somewhere out in the woods, or in my case, the desert... out under the stars with a campfire.....sublime.

if your gonna do them in a house, clean up the place before hand. un plug all phones, put away all sharp objects. maybe put on a movie for the come up, something like alice in wonderland or fantasia, anything like that would be fine. chances are that before the movie is over you will be up and around checking out the walls.....but ive found that for alot of people (first timers especially) having a movie fore the come up really helps with the anxiety of it all. it gives you something to pay attention to other than  "am i tripping yet"

the people around you should be your friends. i would not recommend going to a party or a club, or anywhere else that would put you out in a place where you will run into unfamiliar faces. this can cause some pretty extreme paranoia. do them with a friend, and have another friend there sober. once you start tripping its pretty good sometimes to have another person along the same type of mind set.

make sure youve got no plans the following day, no work, school, etc....you will want the day off to recover and lay around, catch up on some sleep, reflect upon the experience.

set up anything you can before you start your trip. locate any toys you might want to play with, i like to have a note pad and pencil handy, they can be fun. set up any play lists, or gather cds you might want to listen to. if your going to smoke pot, get your pipe and bowl out. one time i while tripping i couldnt remember where i put my weed, and i wanted to smoke a bowl......it fucked me up. lol. basically the idea is that you wont want to be looking for things, or struggling with getting technology to work once you get high....

as for what to expect....thats a hard one to answer, but ill try. it is different for everyone, but at the same time there are some things that are pretty common for everyone.

visuals- you might not get much from a 16th, or you might get alot. who knows, but expect to see things melting, breathing, swirling.....,trails, patterns, fractals, color shifts, the list goes on. i find that as far as visuals are concerned, nothing will beat the ones you get with your eyes closed.

you may experience some time distortion. time may appear to slow down, or at higher doses just stop altogether. you will trip for roughly 4 hours give or take, but it may seem at points that you may never come down. you will trust me.

go with the flow of the trip. dont fight it. you may see your reality fading away.....its ok, let it. its why you took the mushrooms in the first place. it will return. if you start to feel yourself getting a little antsy, nervous, anxious, etc....try a change in your environment. you would be surprised at how something so simple as different music or walking outside can change your whole perception.

and most of all, just have fun. sit back, relax and enjoy the show.  :thumbup:

thanks alot man this helped me out alot and thanks to everyone else that responded. i think we are going to do it tomarrow. if not tomarrow then for sure next weekend. (we were supposed to do it today but some bs situation happened)

but i will respond back and post my yfirst time experience with it.

again thank you guys it you gave me some good info and answered my questions.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #4871221 - 10/30/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

id say eat an eighth to yourself each...
that will be good for your first time...
enjoy!

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineSaDClowNSe7eN
Stranger
Re: New to shrooms [Re: incubaby_421]
    #4899409 - 11/06/05 02:06 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

well im pretty pissed....i didnt get to do it. my 2 friends did it they went to the movies im talking to them online right now as we speak its pretty funny my one friend keeps telling me someone is out to get him but i think hes cool. he'll be alrite.

i had to work so i didnt get to experience it. hopefully tomarrow (sunday) i asked my friend to do it again and he said he'd see if he could get some more. it seems like its gonna be cool and im not as nervous anymore if my friend who keeps saying everything is out to get him is cool and didnt have a bad trip.....he usually trips out alot. haha.

ill let you know how it goes hopefully tomarrow if i get to try. again thanks for the info to everyone who posted in my thread it was very helpful.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder