Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles   Amazon Incense, pH Test Strips, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US
    #4862755 - 10/28/05 10:31 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Prosecutor confirms LSD lab linked to US
October 28, 2005 - thedailyherald.com

PHILIPSBURG--The Prosecutor’s Office in St. Maarten has confirmed that the two American suspects detained at the end of August in connection with the manufacture of the hallucinogenic drug LSD had direct ties to at least one person in the United States who was detained December 2004, and said the US Government had requested their extradition for trial in the United States.

The two suspects J.V. and D.S. of the United States will likely be extradited to the USA shortly to stand trial.

Prosecutor Johan De Vrieze said Thursday, “After weeks of investigation we found a lot of clues, information and paperwork that have been checked out and confirm the link between the two suspects and several items shipped from the United States, some from Canada and some from the French side.”

He said the suspects had formed a local company “Micro Tech” and used it to ship 1,000 postage stamp-size strips of paper soaked in LSD, which landed the third suspect in the United States in prison in 2004.

De Vrieze said that after conducting further tests they had discovered that a bottle removed from the house contained an extremely high concentration of LSD. He said it had been disguised by the suspects to prevent detection.

While authorities had originally believed they were dealing with one building on Cannegieter Street in Philipsburg, investigations showed that the two suspects had been operating out of a house in St. Peters before moving to Cannegieter Street #15.

The LSD lab was destroyed after it was detected based on a high profile investigation conducted by the RST Dutch Detectives, the Prosecutor’s Office and the local police. For several days the building opposite Lite Line Electronics was cordoned off while expert chemists from the Forensics Lab in Holland combed it to find evidence of the drugs.

The first report since the completion of the search was that around US $15 million worth of the drugs had been confiscated. The additional amount uncovered after further tests showed that the total street value of the drugs confiscated was nearly twice that amount.

De Vrieze said they had proof that the suspects were not only manufacturing the drug in St. Maarten, but shipping it to the United States, which appears to have been their primary target market.

He said their extradition to the United States for trial could take nine months while they wait it out in the Pointe Blanche prison. He also noted that the sentence in the US for LSD started at a minimum of 20 years and could be as long as life imprisonment, while in St. Maarten they would probably have been given a shorter jail term.

All evidence found in St. Maarten will be handed over to the US authorities for their case against the suspects, when the extradition process is completed, De Vrieze said.

He said extradition to the US for trial would show US citizens that they could still be punished in the United States for crimes committed elsewhere, which he views as a deterrent for others who might have similar ideas.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: veggie]
    #4865195 - 10/28/05 11:19 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

so would these guys be the third and fourth persons ever to be prosecuted for the manufacture of lsd in the US.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Jim]
    #4873057 - 10/31/05 12:13 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

ack.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Loc: A Park
    #19226908 - 12/04/13 04:12 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

So I've done countless weeks of research and cannot figure out who the 3 people that were convicted were? Does anyone have any ideas? Supposedly they were extradited to the United States but there are no cases that I can find involving three individuals, two being from the Netherlands and involved a company called Microtech.

I'm doing a research paper, for a class, relative to any LSD lab busts in history so I'm trying to compile all information and also the suspects. So any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Difficulty has more to do with reading abillity and ability to precisely follow directions. You need no knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, you just need to understand some basic principles as simple in concept as: water boils at 100C and freezes at 0C. Otherwise all published syntheses of organic and inorganic compounds can be reproduced successfully by pretty nearly anyone with at least average intelligence. Problems always have to do with availability of materials, not esoteric knowledge.

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Kman1898]
    #19226949 - 12/04/13 04:24 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

This is one bust that I even personally have seen very very little info on. Been a long time since I saw an article about this, I researched a bit more and all I found was this. Initials of the two american nationals

The two suspects J.V. and D.S. of the United States will likely be
extradited to the USA shortly to stand trial.

Edited by sh4d0ws (12/04/13 04:30 PM)

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Jim]
    #19227232 - 12/04/13 05:18 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Even though I am responding to 8 year old post They would number 6 and 7 at least. Maybe they snitched, good luck finding out anything then.

Quote:

Jim said:
so would these guys be the third and fourth persons ever to be prosecuted for the manufacture of lsd in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Sand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Scully
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owsley_Stanley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Leonard_Pickard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clyde_Apperson

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: my3rdeye] * 1
    #19227416 - 12/04/13 05:51 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

my3rdeye said:
Even though I am responding to 8 year old post They would number 6 and 7 at least. Maybe they snitched, good luck finding out anything then.

Quote:

Jim said:

Quote:

my3rdeye said:

Quote:

Jim said:

Age has nothing to do with information. The fact that the post is eight years old and I'm asking a question that still cannot be answered.....is exactly why I'm asking the question?

This is the list I'm looking at:

Augustus Stanley Owsley

Nicholas Sand

Tim Scully

Lester Friedman (never convicted)

(Wylie, Perluss, and Bachrach although it was never proven they ever made it, much less had a lab.)* I don't really count this as one.

Ron Stark

Tord Svenson

Richard Kemp

Andy Munro

Denis Kelly: Clearlight system

William Leonard Pickard

Clyde Apperson

Casey Hardison

Then we have these two/three guys from this article.....

Edited by Kman1898 (12/04/13 06:16 PM)

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

#19227573 - 12/04/13 06:19 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I was responding the other guy who said only 4 people were busted in USA. If you want to know what happened call the DEA and ask them. Say you are a student writing a paper and would like info. Use your real name and be professional. The case was either sealed because people ratted or there was no media interest in it, one or the other. If you can't find anything no one here probably can either. The DEA loves to jump gun and scream "lab bust" even when it's not true why didn't they promote this one? This had ergo cristine so it wasn't just idiot cops screaming lab when it wasn't. That's not normal that this bust is not mentioned by the DEA anywhere even if the press for some reason lost interest.
I know someone this could be, but it would based on rumours I heard online about someone who is supposedly active now because they ratted on everyone. But I don't repeat rumours because they could be total BS.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #19227599 - 12/04/13 06:25 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
He said extradition to the US for trial would show US citizens that they could still be punished in the United States for crimes committed elsewhere, which he views as a deterrent for others who might have similar ideas.

I do not understand the basis for prosecuting a person for no crime being committed in that jurisdiction. If you took a vacation to Jamaica and smoked a joint can the US governemnt prosecute that person for marijuana posession?

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlineoverstand
Stranger
Male

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Ellis Dee] * 2
    #19229546 - 12/05/13 01:45 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

A simple google search for "St. Maarten LSD" will bring up case files for these guys. The defendants names are Jeffrey Viola and Donald Dean Shackelford. Its is strange that there is almost no media coverage of this incident. According to the case files all the evidence against these guys was seized by St. Maarten police and processed by a crime lab in the Netherlands. The chain of custody on the evidence sounds like it would not likely be admissible in US court. The last court files on these guys show that they were scheduled to appear for a plea hearing in 2007 and after that there is no mention of sentencing. I think these guys may have walked free and they are back in the Caribbean cooking LSD.

--------------------
“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.” - Henry David Thoreau

Offlinebookwriter
Stranger
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: overstand] * 1
    #19229914 - 12/05/13 05:07 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Overstand appears to be right that one of the defendants was named Donald Dean Shackelford.  But he is wrong that he was not sentenced.  Further digging yielded this etsy site, called LSDtwentyfive, where a 'Donnie Shackelford' claims to have been sentenced in 2007 and released in 2013.  His store claims to offer hand crafted leather belts fashioned with bear owlsley's buckles and in his bio he claims to have learned leatherworking while in prison for manufacturing LSD.  There is also an option there to contact him.  I couldn't find anything on Mr. Viola.

Edited by bookwriter (12/05/13 02:07 PM)

OfflineDirtyTomFlint
( ಥـْـِـِـِـْಥ)
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: London, United Kingdom Flag
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: bookwriter]
    #19229922 - 12/05/13 05:12 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting. If there truly has only been THIS number of people prosecuted for making LSD, maybe some of us will make that list. Hopefully not, though.

--------------------

Know Your Body, Know Your Mind, Know Your Substance, Know Your Source

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: DirtyTomFlint]
    #19230111 - 12/05/13 08:03 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

This prosecution is based upon evidence obtained during a lengthy international
investigation by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and other foreign law enforcement agencies of a drug trafficking organization based on the island of Sint Maarten (“St. Maarten”), the Netherlands Antilles, located in the Caribbean Sea. The Netherlands Antilles is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (“Holland”) and therefore is subject to the jurisdiction of Dutch law enforcement authorities.

On August 29, 2005, Dutch law enforcement agents on St. Maarten conducted surveillance of the two American targets, Shackelford and Viola, who had been utilizing mail courier services to purchase precursor chemical used in the manufacture of lysergic acid diethylamide (“LSD”). The Dutch authorities had been advised of possible precursor shipments to the defendants by United States law enforcement authorities after a precursor chemical shipment from the Czech Republic to the defendants was inadvertently sent to San Francisco, California, in the United States, rather than San Francisco Street, Panama City, Republic of Panama, where the defendants utilized a mail service that forwarded packages to their mailing address on St. Maarten. After DEA was notified of the misguided precursor shipment from the Czech Republic, DEA agents in San Francisco, California obtained search warrants for various e-mail accounts used by Shackelford and Viola to obtain materials used in the manufacture of LSD.

Dutch authorities arrested Shackelford and Viola on August 29, 2005, after the two picked up a package containing two hundred fifty (250) grams of ergocristine, an LSD precursor, from a DHL courier-service facility on Saint Maarten. Following the arrest, the Dutch authorities obtained a search warrant for the residence where Shackelford and Viola were staying on St. Maarten. At the residence, the Dutch police discovered a laboratory believed to be used to manufacture LSD.

The Dutch authorities on St. Maarten contacted their headquarters in Holland, which immediately dispatched a hazardous materials (“HazMat”) team to investigate the St. Maarten residence. On August 30, 2005, the Dutch HazMat team entered and searched the defendants’ residence, where they found laboratory equipment; several unused sheets of “blotter paper,” which is used to deliver individual doses of LSD for ingestion;1 one partial sheet of blotter paper that later tested positive for the presence of LSD; and enough precursor chemicals to manufacture an estimated one million (1,000,000) doses of LSD. The Dutch HazMat team also found instructional materials on the topic of manufacturing LSD, as well as a hand-written diary, believed to be written by Shackelford, explaining how to manufacture LSD. The Dutch authorities contacted DEA, who began assisting in the investigation on St. Maarten.

Further investigation by DEA revealed that in December 2004, the United States Bureau of Customs and Border Protection in Memphis, Tennessee intercepted a package that was mailed to an individual named Ryan Eaton (“Eaton”) in New Orleans, Louisiana, and which came from the same mailbox address in St. Maarten used by Shackelford and Viola to receive their precursor chemical shipments; the package contained one thousand (1000) doses, or “hits” of LSD on blotter paper that contained a stamped logo identical to blotter paper found in the residence on St. Maarten. The Louisiana State Police performed a controlled delivery of the package to Eaton at his residence in New Orleans; shortly after which Eaton was arrested on Louisiana state charges.

On December 22, 2005, a grand jury of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia returned a one-count indictment against Donald Dean Shackelford and Jeffrey Viola charging Conspiracy to Manufacture and Distribute ten (10) grams or more of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD) with Intent to Import into the United States, in violation of Title 21, United States Code, Section 963; in conjunction with Title 21, United States Code, Sections 959(a)(1) and 960, and Title 18, United States Code, Section 2. On December 22, Shackelford and Viola

http://c.plainsite.org/dcd/118478/15.pdf

https://www.docketalarm.com/cases/District_Of_Columbia_District_Court/1--05-cr-00454/USA_v._SHACKELFORD_et_al/

Edited by Kman1898 (12/05/13 08:34 AM)

Offlineoverstand
Stranger
Male

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: bookwriter]
    #19230199 - 12/05/13 09:25 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bookwriter said:
When you do a simple google search for St. Maarten LSD, you get a very interesting result from cjonline about the testimony of pickard's ex girlfriend, where she says he met with a 'graduate student' in, you guessed it, St. Maarten and talked about 'a proposed off shore business' which does not have further elaboration. 

I suppose an interested researcher could look up the transcripts of her testimony and parse it for further details on a potential link between this old case and Pickard's case. Pickard is also known to respond to letters and emails.

Overstand appears to be right that one of the defendants was named Donald Dean Shackelford.  But he is wrong that he was not sentenced.  Further digging yielded this etsy site, called LSDtwentyfive, where a 'Donnie Shackelford' claims to have been sentenced in 2007 and released in 2013.  His store claims to offer hand crafted leather belts fashioned with bear owlsley's buckles and in his bio he claims to have learned leatherworking while in prison for manufacturing LSD.  There is also an option there to contact him.  I couldn't find anything on Mr. Viola.

Wow, Good find! I am sorry to hear that the dude had to do six years. I have read about child molesters and murders that do a lot less time than that. I hope he tries to be more like Owlsley than Pickard. Owlsley gave up illegal chemistry after a prison stint and he spent most of his adult life as a free man. Pickard got busted and snitched his way out of it a few times until he finally got busted so bad that no amount of snitching could save him. Pickard will spend the rest of his life in jail. No amount of money is worth a life sentance.

--------------------
“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.” - Henry David Thoreau

Edited by overstand (12/05/13 09:26 AM)

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: overstand]
    #19230629 - 12/05/13 12:31 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

overstand said:
Quote:

bookwriter said:
When you do a simple google search for St. Maarten LSD, you get a very interesting result from cjonline about the testimony of pickard's ex girlfriend, where she says he met with a 'graduate student' in, you guessed it, St. Maarten and talked about 'a proposed off shore business' which does not have further elaboration. 

I suppose an interested researcher could look up the transcripts of her testimony and parse it for further details on a potential link between this old case and Pickard's case. Pickard is also known to respond to letters and emails.

Wow, Good find! I am sorry to hear that the dude had to do six years. I have read about child molesters and murders that do a lot less time than that. I hope he tries to be more like Owlsley than Pickard. Owlsley gave up illegal chemistry after a prison stint and he spent most of his adult life as a free man. Pickard got busted and snitched his way out of it a few times until he finally got busted so bad that no amount of snitching could save him. Pickard will spend the rest of his life in jail. No amount of money is worth a life sentance.

I actually just messaged "Donnie" on etsy and asked him all about it! I.E. If he was the grad student mentioned in the Pickard case. Will update once I know more!

--------------------
Difficulty has more to do with reading abillity and ability to precisely follow directions. You need no knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, you just need to understand some basic principles as simple in concept as: water boils at 100C and freezes at 0C. Otherwise all published syntheses of organic and inorganic compounds can be reproduced successfully by pretty nearly anyone with at least average intelligence. Problems always have to do with availability of materials, not esoteric knowledge.

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

Loc: In your brain
    #19230786 - 12/05/13 01:22 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Donnie was just released in July and this wasn't the first time he got in trouble with the federal authorities either. He was released from federal custody the first time about 7 months before Pickard was arrested in 2000. Jeff Viola has also since been released.

Ryan Eaton was the guy (or one of the guys) they were sending LSD to in the US one thousand doses at a time, and he was released by the feds right before 2010.

Offlinebookwriter
Stranger
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US *DELETED* [Re: Kman1898]
    #19230823 - 12/05/13 01:35 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by bookwriter

Reason for deletion: never mind

Offlineempty space
the void

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US *DELETED* [Re: bookwriter]
    #19230884 - 12/05/13 01:54 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by empty space

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: D.M.T]
    #19233058 - 12/05/13 07:58 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
Donnie was just released in July and this wasn't the first time he got in trouble with the federal authorities either. He was released from federal custody the first time about 7 months before Pickard was arrested in 2000. Jeff Viola has also since been released.

Ryan Eaton was the guy (or one of the guys) they were sending LSD to in the US one thousand doses at a time, and he was released by the feds right before 2010.

Source?

--------------------

Offlineoverstand
Stranger
Male

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: empty space]
    #19233200 - 12/05/13 08:31 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

empty space said:
There is more to this but anybody who has any knowledge knows to keep their mouth shut.

Of course there is more to this but the only reason to keep their mouths shut is if they're are still doing illegal things.  :stirthepot:  :paranoid:

If they are living the legit life, then I think they should be publishing memoirs and making movies . . . heck why not a tv series . . . Breaking Bad 2  :hairmetal:

--------------------

InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'sconsin Flag
    #19235640 - 12/06/13 11:24 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

:popcorn:

Very interesting thread.
Is there any way you could share a PDF or something of your finished paper, Kman?
Also, since I grew up while it was happening and eating his crystal(presumably) are there any books on WL Pickard or any further reading longer than the Rolling Stone article I found on Australian Bluelight??

Thanks

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #19237904 - 12/06/13 08:37 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Augustus Stanley Owsley

Nicholas Sand

Tim Scully

(Wylie, Perluss, and Bachrach although it was never proven they ever made it, much less had a lab.)* I don't really count this as one.

Ron Stark

Tord Svenson

Richard Kemp

Andy Munro

William Leonard Pickard

Clyde Apperson

Casey Hardison

The ones I marked through aren't from the US.  Good list nonetheless.  But I know of some others.  John Buettner-Janusch went to prison in the late 70's for LSD manufacturing and in the 80's, Kevin Gillan and Paul Stepak from two different groups, both busted at different times in the US in the 80's. 

As for Wylie, Perluss, and Bachrach, I do count that one.  Both Bachrach and Wylie (maybe Perluss too?) were convicted for manufacturing LSD, which is what this thread is about.  :wink:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Chords - Ghost Power

Edited by Learyfan (12/07/13 04:20 PM)

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Learyfan]
    #19237950 - 12/06/13 08:50 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Pickard has been busted 3 different times.  More people have been busted for making LSD and it never made the papers than the bigger dealers already listed.  LSD isn't as hard to make as everyone claims it is.  There was a lab that got busted and listed in microgram that wasn't making a lot like 10 years ago as 1 example
http://www.justice.gov/dea/pr/micrograms/2004/mg0304.pdf
It wasn't up and running, but they had everything they needed to start cooking.  Most drug stories don't make it to the paper.

--------------------

Offlineafrogus
hombre
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: fapjack]
    #19241491 - 12/07/13 05:29 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
"Leave no turn unstoned":)

Edited by afrogus (12/07/13 05:48 PM)

Offlineclorox
Crossing theDoors ofPerception
Male

Loc: The Other Side
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: afrogus]
    #19242259 - 12/07/13 09:16 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

These walls, such they be, are crawling with geometric hallucinations.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#19244472 - 12/08/13 01:05 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

fapjack, I think any busted LSD lab is going to make the papers.  Will it be a big story, is another story.  The example you gave is technically an LSD lab I guess. 

afrogus, that second link you provided is what this thread is about.  I'd love to know more about those people.  They didn't even use their names, which is weird. 

Kman1898, I was just made aware of something interesting last night.  You know how you mentioned that the Bachrach, Wylie and Perluss lab equipment was never found?  I found out last night that it wasn't found because it was sold to Kevin Gillan!  That's crazy.  Two different groups made acid with the same equipment and were busted at different times.  Wild.

--------------------

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

#19244568 - 12/08/13 01:30 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

no the second link afrogus provided is about the guys who got caught with Owsley Stanley. unless I'm seeing the wrong link?

edit: nvm it's 3 stories.

Edited by D.M.T (12/08/13 01:32 PM)

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#19244622 - 12/08/13 01:49 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
fapjack, I think any busted LSD lab is going to make the papers.  Will it be a big story, is another story.  The example you gave is technically an LSD lab I guess. 

You don't hear about all high profile drug busts, the media doesn't always pick up the story.  I've known people that got busted with some crazy shit going on that didn't make the papers, shit in Newark NJ most shootings don't even make the papers.

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #19294227 - 12/18/13 07:07 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Kman1898, I was just made aware of something interesting last night.  You know how you mentioned that the Bachrach, Wylie and Perluss lab equipment was never found?  I found out last night that it wasn't found because it was sold to Kevin Gillan!  That's crazy.  Two different groups made acid with the same equipment and were busted at different times.  Wild.

Wow that's amazing how did you find that out?! Do you have a source?!

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#19294231 - 12/18/13 07:08 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:

Sources please?

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#19295031 - 12/18/13 10:21 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Wow that's amazing how did you find that out?! Do you have a source?!

I do, but I'd rather not say who it is.  But this is what he provided to me.  I can tell you that it came from (05-20-1981 doc 215 gov response to motions p18 item 36).  I have no idea where he obtained that. 

Quote:

"About May 1979 Isa Haggerty started transferring funds from Kevin Gillan to Sheldon Perluss as payment for the laboratory equipment being utilized in the manufacture of LSD."

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#19296787 - 12/19/13 08:43 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Here's the list updated!

Augustus Stanley Owsley

Nicholas Sand

Tim Scully

(Wylie, Perluss, and Bachrach although it was never proven they ever made it, much less had a lab.)* Their lab was sold to Kevin Gillian

Ron Stark (never caught)

Tord Svenson (multiple labs but never caught)

Richard Kemp

Andy Munro

Bill Weeks (never caught)

John Buettner-Janusch

Kevin Gillan

Paul Stepak

William Leonard Pickard

Clyde Apperson

Casey Hardison

Jeffrey Viola (Probably not the chemist)

Donald Dean Shackelford

--------------------

Edited by Kman1898 (12/19/13 08:45 AM)

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#19296883 - 12/19/13 09:25 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

If someone has a PACER account they could provide us with the court documents for the Donald Shackelford case?

Here's a link to the case doc's, I just don't have PACER access yet.

http://www.plainsite.org/flashlight/case.html?id=122579

--------------------

InvisibleEastBayRay
 User Gallery
    #19335742 - 12/28/13 08:22 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Casey Hardison is from the United States but he was arrested manufacturing in the United Kingdom. The good news is that he was released from prison earlier this year!!! 

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Augustus Stanley Owsley

Nicholas Sand

Tim Scully

Ron Stark

Tord Svenson

Richard Kemp

Andy Munro

William Leonard Pickard

Clyde Apperson

Casey Hardison

The ones I marked through aren't from the US.  Good list nonetheless.  But I know of some others.  John Buettner-Janusch went to prison in the late 70's for LSD manufacturing and in the 80's, Kevin Gillan and Paul Stepak from two different groups, both busted at different times in the US in the 80's. 

As for Wylie, Perluss, and Bachrach, I do count that one.  Both Bachrach and Wylie (maybe Perluss too?) were convicted for manufacturing LSD, which is what this thread is about.  :wink:

InvisibleEastBayRay
 User Gallery
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: EastBayRay]
    #19335751 - 12/28/13 08:29 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Also, I'm looking forward to Tim Scully's forthcoming book.  I believe he may shed some light on a lot of clandestine labs and LSD busts.  Does anyone know when he will be releasing it or if it's even completed? 

Does anyone know who was involved with this bust?

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

LSD LABORATORY SEIZED IN SEATTLE, WASHINGTON

[From the NDIC Narcotics Digest Weekly 2004;3(9):2 Unclassified, Reprinted with Permission.]

On February 5, 2004, agents from the DEA with assistance from the Seattle Police Department arrested an individual and seized chemicals and glassware necessary to manufacture LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) from his residence. The suspect, a former computer executive who lived in a Seattle suburban estate valued at $2.5 million, was arrested while away from his residence allegedly negotiating a purchase of ergotamine tartrate, an LSD precursor, via telephone from a source in Vietnam.

After arresting the subject, DEA agents executed a federal search warrant at his residence resulting in the seizure of approximately 30 liters of chemicals including ether, chloroform, nitrogen, anhydrous ammonia, and bromide. Law enforcement officials also seized computers, glassware, a vacuum pump, a distillation unit, a manual explaining how to manufacture LSD, receipts for chemical and glassware purchases, and approximately 500 OxyContin tablets.

According to DEA officials, the suspect had not produced any LSD. The suspect was charged with attempted manufacture of LSD and attempted possession of ergotamine tartrate. The King County Sheriff's Office, Seattle Fire Department, and Seattle Medic 1 Unit participated in this investigation.

NDIC Comment: Seizures of LSD laboratories in the United States are rare. According to NCLSS seizure data, law enforcement officials seized one LSD laboratory in Kansas in 2000, one in Missouri in 2002, and one in California in 2003. Most LSD available in the United States is produced primarily in Northern California and the Pacific Northwest by a relatively small network of experienced chemists; however, independent dealers throughout the country produce the drug in limited quantities.

Invisibleillustrain
Bred in Captivity
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the bend.
    #19338149 - 12/28/13 08:28 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

"attempted possession of ergotamine tartrate"  - is that even a real charge??  Wouldn't both of those just go under "conspiracy to produce"?

--------------------

----
----
http://www.ConceptFlowCBD.com
CBD Isolate 99.4%, CBD Oil, Homemade Medicinal Mushroom Powder / Tea / Coffee / Extracts
----
My Art, Design, Sculpture & Music:  http://www.conceptflow.org

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: illustrain]
    #19448881 - 01/20/14 07:56 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Did you ever find a way to contact Donald Dean Shackleford?  I am also interested in finding him.  Was he the hive handle wyndowlicker who posted pics of the chromatography and of his finished product?

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: filamentous]
    #19448945 - 01/20/14 08:08 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I'm not sure if it's him, but I checked out the BOP Locator and saw someone of the same name who was released this past summer.

Quote:

DONALD DEAN SHACKELFORD
Register Number: 28463-016
space
Race: White
Sex: M
space
Released On: 07/01/2013

:shrug:

--------------------

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#19449027 - 01/20/14 08:20 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I hope thats not the end of the trail...

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#19449289 - 01/20/14 09:12 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

That's all I can really find without paying to subscribe to some of those stalker sites.  I wonder if he snitched or not. 

--------------------

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#19449350 - 01/20/14 09:24 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Its doubtful that he snitched...that seems like the right amount of time to do on such a case.  He probably is hiding out trying to lay low.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#19449817 - 01/20/14 11:04 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sure he probably didn't.  I just have no idea what the right amount of time for over 10 grams is.  I guess it depends on if he had priors. 

Godspeed Donald.  Thanks for trying.  :heart:

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#19460093 - 01/23/14 12:21 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I know we mentioned it already but he was arrested once before and released in 2000.

DONALD SHACKELFORD 31444-004 42 White M 03/27/2000 RELEASED

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#19460141 - 01/23/14 12:32 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Also why does BOP say this!?!?!?!?

GORDON T SKINNER
Register Number: 07985-031

Sex: M

Released On: 04/16/2007

No way he was released...he got life? How's there nothing on this?!

--------------------

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx

#19460309 - 01/23/14 01:15 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

That's fuking weird, maybe he's in protective custody or something?

kind of off topic but

I also wondered how michael evron got released...

didn't farmers market get busted like in 2012? did michael evron (keysh) snitch?

I looked him up on BOP and he got released in late 2013

Edited by sh4d0ws (01/23/14 01:16 AM)

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: sh4d0ws] * 1
    #19460399 - 01/23/14 01:41 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I dunno I am extremely curious now?!?!

Back to what I was talking about before here's an updated list of the LSD chemists that have been around throughout the years, regardless if they were arrested.

1963 Bernard Roseman/Bernard Copley, the first underground producers of LSD.

1963-64 Douglas George, Hermosa Beach, California (the first acid Owsley ever tried came from him).

1964-65 Melissa Cargill. "the Green Factory," (she was a trained chemist who taught Owsley how to make it).

1965-67 David Mantell (he worked with Nick Sand in the Bell Perfume Labs #2. In the earlier Bell Perfume #1 lab, Nick Sand made mescaline, DET and, reportedly, a bathtub full of DMT, which is Nick's favorite psychedelic). Mantell was also involved with Nick in at least 2 other labs in St. Louis and Craig, Colorado.

1966 Tim Scully Port Richmond, Denver (1967) and the Windsor(1968-1969) labs.

1967, Don Douglas (worked with Scully and Owsley in the Denver lab #1)

1967, John McClendon, New York.

1967 Augustus Stanley Owsley: Los Angeles (1965), Port. Richmond, California (1966) and Denver (1967).

1968–1969 the Windsor, California lab of Nick Sand and 1972 labs in St Louis and Fenton, Missouri. 1996 lab in British Colombia.

1968 Stuart Lyman, Chicago.

1968 Zachary Lillard, Vallejo, California. (he ended up in prison for killing a cop)

1968 Rory Condon and Ruth Pahkala (worked with Scully in his Denver lab #2)

1968 Lester Friedman (never convicted but worked with Scully and Sand)

1968-1990 Tord Svenson ran labs in Paris, Europe, Arizona and New Mexico.

1968-1980's Denis Kelly: Clearlight system

1970's Richard Kemp, Operation Julie

1970's Andy Munro, Operation Julie

1971 Barry Orlando (worked with William Weeks in the Hopland lab)

1970-1980 William Weeks (never caught)

1977 Michael Lewis Green, Harbor City lab (Bio-Dyne Industries) ... this is a very, very weird case. From 1969 to 1974 70 kilograms of ergotamine tartrate was used.

1977 Richard Barth Sanders & Denise La Fleur, Wappinger Falls, New York.

1977 John Buettner-Janusch lab at NYU.

1978 Wylie, Perluss, and Bachrach (although it was never proven they ever made it, much less had a lab.) Their lab was sold to Kevin Gillian

1980 Kevin Gillan

1960's-1985 Paul Stepak, San Francisco, California.

1988 William Leonard Pickard labs in Mountain View, California, Aspen, Colorado (1996), Santa Fe, New Mexico (1997-1999) and Ellsworth, Kansas (2000)

1997 Bruce Young and Michael Acevedo, Burnt Ridge, Oregon (I ASSUME THIS IS THE 3rd COMPLETE LSD LAB SEIZURE IN US HISTORY the DEA was referring to here http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/states/newsrel/2003/sanfran112403.html; but actual trial evidence revealed the lab was busted in 1997 http://cjonline.com/stories/022603/bre_lsdsilo.shtml. I believe they were associated to Pickard and that's hey the DEA claimed it a Pickard lab.

2000 Clyde Apperson lab in Ellsworth, Kansas with William Leonard Pickard.

2004 Casey Hardison had a lab in the U.K.

2005 Jeffrey Viola (Probably not the chemist)

2005 Donald Dean Shackelford

And, there were actually a LOT more labs than this, many of them are unidentified. They were ALL OVER the place.

Edited by Kman1898 (01/23/14 11:30 AM)

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#19461472 - 01/23/14 10:42 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Kman1898 thanks for putting that up there.  Do you have any better links to the Bruce Young and Michael Acevedo case.  Those links posted are down.  Michael Lewis Green used 70kg of ET...that must have been a serious flooded market at that time.

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

#19461632 - 01/23/14 11:31 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Evron from Farmers Market got bail during the trial. He was held up until that point because he was considered a "flight risk".

Skinner testified against Pickard for immunity so he was released from federal custody. He is instead doing prison at state-level for unrelated charges, hence why it says he was released.

EDIT:

you can see here he was transferred from federal to state custody around the same time, where he remains:
http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=394&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30&doc_num=556865&offender_book_id=333665

he's doing time for the kidnapping of Brandon Green that Skinner and Neurosoup did.

Edited by D.M.T (01/23/14 11:51 AM)

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#19461634 - 01/23/14 11:32 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Links have been fixed, sorry about that.

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#19465047 - 01/23/14 11:50 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

http://members.tripod.com/lysergia_2/psychedelia/index.blog/2327804/tim-scully-skyping-on-embryonic-lsd-manufacturing/

Tim Scully (of Owsley and Orange Sunshine legend) also skyped in with an excerpt from his ongoing research into the early days of black market LSD, and this reading contained highly useful material which included several details that I was unaware of, and which may in fact never have been documented before. I'll let Mr Scully present the full monty in his upcoming book and restrict myself to things that complement or correct my own pre-Owsleyan LSD research in the Psychedelia book. Thus...

Government made Eli-Lillys research industrial as a response to fears of LSD manufacture behind the Iron curtain. The government code name for LSD-25: EK 7029

Regarding "the two Bernards" who have been credited with the first ever underground LSD synthesis in 1963, Scully offered several pieces of vital data.
- Bernard Copley met the legendary LSD advocate/psychologist Oscar Janiger in the late '50s
- Bernard Roseman in turn met Copley in Joshua Tree circa 1957
- In 1958 Bernard Roseman brought with him a Dr James Grossman(?), an agriculture specialist from Philadelphia, to meet Copley--the three of them shared a peyote ceremony
- Copley & Roseman claimed to have made LSD as early as 1960 in a lab in LA where they lived at the time
- Scully refers to the "two Bernard" LSD as "impure" and "very impure" throughout
- When Copley and Roseman were arrested for selling bulk quantities of LSD, it was Myron Stolaroff who had tipped the FDA off, possibly on advise from Al Hubbard. I bring up the fact that Stolaroff's name occurs in the investigation in Psychedelia, but I did not have enough data to take it further. Scully does, however, and this casts a problematic light on Stolaroff's position and presumed service to the psychedelic field. I wonder if this old informer role is the reason why several people in recent decades have been eager to defend and exalt Stolaroff, even when he hasn't being accused of anything. I've always found this lauding of Stolaroff a mystery, not least since his book on psychedelic therapy struck me as unimpressive and almost counter-productive. It's not Stan Grof for sure.

Continuing the LSD history, Scully brings up a name that is unfamiliar to me: one Douglas George (?) in Los Angeles, who heard an early '60s lecture about LSD and how it was easy to make. He tried to synthesize LSD but failed repeatedly, until he was informed that the patent document he followed deliberately omitted a step.

After receiving the missing process instructions George manage to produce LSD . It wasn't very pure but he reasoned that since such small amounts were needed, there wouldn't be any toxic risks with the impurities. He had to triple the amount of his impure LSD to get the desired trip effect.

This occured in the Fall 1963 at Hermosa Beach, and so represents the second successful (more or less) underground LSD synthesis anywhere, preceded only by the two Bernards. Again, to my knowledge this is previously undocumented.

In late '63-64 word got around on Berkeley University, inspiring students to travel south and buy LSD from Douglas George. Among them was Owsley, who noticed the difference between George's LSD and industrial LSD, and figured he could make black market LSD that was as good as the industrial. Owsley was partly inspired by newspaper writings about the Copeman/Rosley trial.

--------------------

Edited by Kman1898 (01/24/14 01:11 AM)

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Kman1898] * 1
    #19465347 - 01/24/14 12:56 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Man Kman, you put together a really nice list there.  Where do you get your information from?  I've never heard of some of these guys and I'm very intrigued. 

:cool:

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#19476599 - 01/26/14 02:35 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

From many correspondences with LSD researchers and chemists :smile: if you'd like to discuss further I don't mind :smile: it's only my passion to research the history behind it's manufacture.

Also another US based chemist that has been convicted was G. Walter Dash. He was sentenced to 30 years in 1987 for manufacture of LSD. He currently resides in the Atlanta pen where I will be writing him soon.

--------------------

Edited by Kman1898 (01/28/14 12:53 PM)

OfflineViscousGoo
sketch as fuck

Loc: Flag
    #19489606 - 01/29/14 03:18 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

very interesting stuff.

InvisibleLucid Toast
Suggestion expert
Male

#19559668 - 02/13/14 01:00 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
Evron from Farmers Market got bail during the trial. He was held up until that point because he was considered a "flight risk".

Skinner testified against Pickard for immunity so he was released from federal custody. He is instead doing prison at state-level for unrelated charges, hence why it says he was released.

EDIT:

you can see here he was transferred from federal to state custody around the same time, where he remains:
http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=394&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30&doc_num=556865&offender_book_id=333665

he's doing time for the kidnapping of Brandon Green that Skinner and Neurosoup did.

Nerosoup says she was also kidnapped... Dosent  say she kidnaped some one...

Btw op great read.
Thank you.

--------------------
You have to let it go neo, fear, doubt. Disbelief

"The menu is not the meal."
Alan watts

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”
Bill Hicks

InvisibleEastBayRay
 User Gallery
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Lucid Toast]
    #19560062 - 02/13/14 04:07 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Lucid Toast said:
Quote:

D.M.T said:

EDIT:

Nerosoup says she was also kidnapped... Dosent  say she kidnaped some one...

Btw op great read.
Thank you.

Neurosoup says a lot of things.  Most of those things are lies.  That is one of them.

InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

#19560755 - 02/13/14 11:43 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

See, here's what I don't understand....
Did they ever do any synths in the Atlas E silo or not?

I thought I read they didn't do any, but Krystal Cole makes it seems like she was around for all these synths...
That's not to say they don't have shit from previous ones, but I thought I understood that WLP wasn't around the silo for very long at all.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: shLong]
    #19560921 - 02/13/14 12:39 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know why they would have had all the iso-LSD and lumo-LSD if they weren't doing the synths there.  Seems like something they would want to discard before they left.

--------------------

InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

#19560981 - 02/13/14 12:56 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah.. I've read a lot of conflicting info about that case it seems.

InvisibleLucid Toast
Suggestion expert
Male

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: shLong]
    #19561933 - 02/13/14 04:46 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

That's some shit so what reall happened with skinner nerosoup and pickard?
It would be nice to have the all the real stories other than what's written... Winners wright the books.

--------------------

Alan watts

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”
Bill Hicks

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Lucid Toast]
    #19562215 - 02/13/14 06:07 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Its a lot, but one part I can tell you that often gets overlooked is how pickard claimed the lab was George Marquardt, and he was moving it for him (which was complete horse shit).  He was a fentanyl chemist that was also cooking in KS but got busted.  He had something to do with Clive Anderson if memory serves, and his friend almost dying is what lead to George Marquardt getting busted.
http://cjonline.com/indepth/missilesilos/stories/031303_kan_lsdtrial.shtml

http://www.freeleonardpickard.org/

Has most of his story.  Its pretty interesting, but they were all pieces of shit and are right where they belong.  My only hope is that at some point that dumb whore gets what's coming to her.

--------------------

InvisibleLucid Toast
Suggestion expert
Male

#19570250 - 02/15/14 04:26 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Whoa

--------------------

Alan watts

Bill Hicks

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: fapjack] * 1
    #19599043 - 02/21/14 12:41 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:
I don't know why they would have had all the iso-LSD and lumo-LSD if they weren't doing the synths there.  Seems like something they would want to discard before they left.

Quote:

fapjack said:
Its a lot, but one part I can tell you that often gets overlooked is how pickard claimed the lab was George Marquardt, and he was moving it for him (which was complete horse shit).  He was a fentanyl chemist that was also cooking in KS but got busted.  He had something to do with Clive Anderson if memory serves, and his friend almost dying is what lead to George Marquardt getting busted.
http://cjonline.com/indepth/missilesilos/stories/031303_kan_lsdtrial.shtml

http://www.freeleonardpickard.org/

Has most of his story.  Its pretty interesting, but they were all pieces of shit and are right where they belong.  My only hope is that at some point that dumb whore gets what's coming to her.

First of all, I have rewritten the wiki page on Clyde Apperson and William Leonard Pickard if you'd like to be updated on more facts of the case and I will gladly tell you what you'd like to know from the case. I've gone through just about all the court files and talk regularly with Pickard.

What most don't understand is Picaked produced 200-300g gram batches in 10-14 days and could put out 1 kg in ~5 weeks. After making a kilo, Pickard typically took a break from synths for a few months while the product was distributed. All precursors and the final product were always given on the front so everyone was constantly being paid back.

They were never synthesizing at the horizontal Atlas E Wamego base. There was a vertical style base aka Atlas F near Carniero, KS that skinner had control of. The lab was located at the Atlas F base from about March of 2000 - July of 2000 when Skinner moved it without Pickard or Apperson's permission. According to Skinner, Pickard and maybe even Apperson worked very hard from March-April trying to double or even triple production past what Pickard could already produce. This is Skinners explanation as to why all the equipment was still filthy with all the chemicals. Had they just cleaned their shit they might have been better off.

"90 pounds of LSD; 52 pounds of a byproduct of LSD; 214.5 pounds of a precursor substance of LSD; and almost 42 pounds of lysergic acid," DEA chemist Timothy McKibben testified during the case. Also McKibben goes on to say, "Reduced to 'LSD in pure form,' the LSD and its by-product chemicals at the Wamego site equaled 198.9 grams, or a little more than 7 ounces." The reason the government touted such high numbers for the lumi-LSD, the ISO-LSD, LSD, ergocristine and lysergic acid is because they included the weight of the glassware that they were contained in, I'll go into that below.

Another thing that's left out of most news articles is that throughout the course of the trial all cans of the precursor ergocristine were recovered and the total amount was 39.5 kilograms or 87.1 pounds. This roughly equates to 13 kilograms of useable lysergic acid for the manufacture of LSD. So again where they got the 214 lbs of precursor number, I have no idea.

Authorities actually found less than six ounces of LSD during the arrest though. Yet according to Pickard's defense, this estimation of weight was actually the weight of a detectable "mixture" of the chemical. "Mixture" here is a term of legal convenience, and according to critics, it is also a widely misleading term. According to the defense, in this case the DEA's "six ounces of ergot" includes the weight of a 5-ounce-plus glassware container.

--------------------

OfflineVapoRs
Male User Gallery

#19658362 - 03/06/14 09:15 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

this thread is amazing!!  SOO interesting.... 300g batches at a time?!?!  JESUS CHRIST.. I wonder how much they were selling bulk for to the people who distributed it.

--------------------
VaPors make me happy

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: VapoRs] * 1
    #19658442 - 03/06/14 10:04 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Pickard was fronting kilos of LSD to his distributor for $2.97 million each. From 40 kilos of precursor one could make approximately 13 kilos of LSD or 129,740,000 100 ug doses. Selling at that price is 29.7 cents per 100 ug dose. He was making it for 3.33333 cents per 100 ug dose. That means 26.4 cents of shear profit per 100 ug dose. Since Pickard had 40 kilos of precursor and that could make 129,740,000 100ug hits at 26.4 cents means he would have profited ~$34 million.

--------------------

Edited by Kman1898 (03/06/14 10:14 AM)

OfflineVapoRs
Male User Gallery

#19662461 - 03/07/14 10:16 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

HOLY CRAP.. i don't get it though... thats so much money... why didn't he just make 1-2 kilos and then get out of the business?  He could have retired with a couple million and a house down in the caribbean.

--------------------
VaPors make me happy

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: VapoRs] * 1
    #19662560 - 03/07/14 11:05 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

VapoRs said:
HOLY CRAP.. i don't get it though... thats so much money... why didn't he just make 1-2 kilos and then get out of the business?  He could have retired with a couple million and a house down in the caribbean.

No that wouldn't have worked for him. Since he was fronted all his equipment and chemicals and whatnot he had to pay all that back first. Not to mention when he got paid it was never all at once. He fronted kilo of LSD for 2.97 million but he was not paid back all at once he'd get $100,00 here then 200,000 there. Then it had to be laundered then he could begin to payback his fronts and various people that worked for him. Such as Clyde Apperson whose setup cost of the lab was $100,000 and the takedown cost was $50,000.

Not to mention Pickard was a very flashy guy. He liked expensive stuff including constantly staying in pent house suites and things like that. He also had to pay for all of his schooling himself and allegedly used $240,000 to have Russian Nationals donate $120,000 each to UCLA's drug policy group on the condition that the "donation" go to opening a new position deputy director and suggesting Pickard for it.

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#19717639 - 03/19/14 11:17 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:

I know I've mentioned this in this thread before. My only argument to this Learyfan is that there have been a few lab seizures of which there have never been newspaper articles. To get specific, the 1997 Bruce Young and Michael Acevedo, Burnt Ridge, Oregon lab. According to this link http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/states/newsrel/2003/sanfran112403.html this is thought to be the lab busted in "1996" that is supposedly associated with Pickard and Apperson. Actual trial evidence from the Pickard case revealed that said lab was busted in 1997 and that the decline in LSD testing decreased due to the seizure of Nick Sands lab, this Oregon lab and WLP's lab. http://cjonline.com/stories/022603/bre_lsdsilo.shtml. I don't believe they were associated to Pickard but the DEA claims it to be a Pickard lab nonetheless.

I would love to know more about this seizure and if in fact it was a complete lab among other details.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#19719411 - 03/19/14 05:59 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting.  But what makes you think the Bruce Young and Michael Acevedo lab didn't make the news?  Maybe you just haven't come across it yet.  Or if you're sure it didn't make the news, do you think the DEA shut up about it so that they could privately flip Young and Acevedo and use them to bring down Pickard and Apperson? 

--------------------

OfflineJake.Wizard27
Trance-Former

Loc: Vt, USA
    #19719613 - 03/19/14 06:30 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting stuff. thanks for sharing

--------------------
:mushroom2:  "SAY SOMETHING, DO SOMETHING.. MAKE A DIFFERENCE"  :mushroom2:

“There is a transcendental dimension beyond language... It's just hard as hell to talk about!” ― Terence McKenna

JwiZard TraDe LiSt

TIPS on TRIPS

Psychedlic Visionary - Info on Trance, Shamanism, Visionary Art, Psychedelics and Spirit

EXTREME VAPORIZERS

Offlinemastercultivator
Master Cultivator
 User Gallery

#19719844 - 03/19/14 07:05 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

overstand said:
Quote:

empty space said:
There is more to this but anybody who has any knowledge knows to keep their mouth shut.

Of course there is more to this but the only reason to keep their mouths shut is if they're are still doing illegal things.  :stirthepot:  :paranoid:

If they are living the legit life, then I think they should be publishing memoirs and making movies . . . heck why not a tv series . . . Breaking Bad 2  :hairmetal:

Anyone wanna make a movie?

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:
I'm awesome sauce with a dash of sunshine.

InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: mastercultivator]
    #19719859 - 03/19/14 07:07 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

It may have made news... But it was the mid 90s when not everything hit the Internet.

Offlineunblocktheplanet
Stranger
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: clorox]
    #19995919 - 05/16/14 05:59 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

clorox said:
Quote:

afrogus said:
http://livelifeknowingratherthannot.tumblr.com/post/51019180235/every-major-lsd-lab-in-history

This link is down. Can anyone who copied this info please post it here? TIA! And, yes, we want a copy of that grad paper here, too!

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#19996177 - 05/16/14 08:35 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:

1963 Bernard Roseman/Bernard Copley, the first underground producers of LSD.

1963-64 Douglas George, Hermosa Beach, California (the first acid Owsley ever tried came from him).

1964-65 Melissa Cargill. "the Green Factory," (she was a trained chemist who taught Owsley how to make it).

1965-67 David Mantell (he worked with Nick Sand in the Bell Perfume Labs #2. In the earlier Bell Perfume #1 lab, Nick Sand made mescaline, DET and, reportedly, a bathtub full of DMT, which is Nick's favorite psychedelic). Mantell was also involved with Nick in at least 2 other labs in St. Louis and Craig, Colorado.

1966 Tim Scully Port Richmond, Denver (1967) and the Windsor(1968-1969) labs.

1967, Don Douglas (worked with Scully and Owsley in the Denver lab #1)

1967, John McClendon, New York.

Late 60's, Eric Ghost. Mark Mccloud knows a lot about this guy including that he was the original blotter paper distributor.

1967 Augustus Stanley Owsley: Los Angeles (1965), Port. Richmond, California (1966) and Denver (1967).

1968–1969 the Windsor, California lab of Nick Sand and 1972 labs in St Louis and Fenton, Missouri. Nick Sand was also busted in the early 90's with a lab but they couldn't properly ID him so he escaped when out on bail. Busted again in 1996 in a lab in British Colombia.

1968 Stuart Lyman, Chicago.

1968 Zachary Lillard, Vallejo, California. (he ended up in prison for killing a cop)

1968 Rory Condon and Ruth Pahkala (worked with Scully in his Denver lab #2)

1968 Lester Friedman (never convicted but worked with Scully and Sand)

1968-1990 Tord Svenson ran labs in Paris, Europe, Arizona and New Mexico.

1968-1980's Denis Kelly: Clearlight system

1970's Richard Kemp, Operation Julie

1970's Andy Munro, Operation Julie

1971 Barry Orlando (worked with William Weeks in the Hopland lab)

1970-1980 William Weeks (never caught)

1977 Michael Lewis Green, Harbor City lab (Bio-Dyne Industries) ... this is a very, very weird case. From 1969 to 1974 70 kilograms of ergotamine tartrate was used.

1977 Richard Barth Sanders & Denise La Fleur, Wappinger Falls, New York.

1977 John Buettner-Janusch lab at NYU.

1978 Wylie, Perluss, and Bachrach (although it was never proven they ever made it, much less had a lab.) Their lab was sold to Kevin Gillian

1980 Kevin Gillan

1980's, Gary Walter Dash sentenced in 1987 to 30 years for manufacture of LSD.

1960's-1985 Paul Stepak/Bernard N Hassall, San Francisco, California

1988 William Leonard Pickard labs in Mountain View, California, Aspen, Colorado (1996), Santa Fe, New Mexico (1997-1999) and Ellsworth, Kansas (2000)

1997 Bruce Young and Michael Acevedo, Burnt Ridge, Oregon

2000 Clyde Apperson lab in Ellsworth, Kansas with William Leonard Pickard.

2004 Casey Hardison had a lab in the U.K.

2005 Jeffrey Viola (Probably not the chemist)

2005 Donald Dean Shackelford

And, there were actually a LOT more labs than this, many of them are unidentified. They were ALL OVER the place.

--------------------

OfflineStanKlein
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #20108144 - 06/10/14 05:05 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: StanKlein]
    #20108357 - 06/10/14 07:41 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

You sure he's connected to the meth lab?  It only says marijuana on that locator screen shot.

--------------------

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

#20109390 - 06/10/14 01:01 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleEastBayRay
 User Gallery
    #20109566 - 06/10/14 01:49 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Quote:

VapoRs said:

No that wouldn't have worked for him. Since he was fronted all his equipment and chemicals and whatnot he had to pay all that back first. Not to mention when he got paid it was never all at once. He fronted kilo of LSD for 2.97 million but he was not paid back all at once he'd get $100,00 here then 200,000 there. Then it had to be laundered then he could begin to payback his fronts and various people that worked for him. Such as Clyde Apperson whose setup cost of the lab was $100,000 and the takedown cost was $50,000.

Not to mention Pickard was a very flashy guy. He liked expensive stuff including constantly staying in pent house suites and things like that. He also had to pay for all of his schooling himself and allegedly used $240,000 to have Russian Nationals donate $120,000 each to UCLA's drug policy group on the condition that the "donation" go to opening a new position deputy director and suggesting Pickard for it.

Don't forget about Skinner spending all of Pickard's money rather than laundering it like he was paid to do.  This is why Skinner feared Pickard and ratted on him.  He feared retribution for his betrayal and struck first before Pickard could get to him, hence the informing which led to the bust.

OfflineStanKlein
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #20111214 - 06/10/14 09:00 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

You sure he's connected to the meth lab?  It only says marijuana on that locator screen shot.

The locator page shows possession for 3 different substances, plus manufacturing.

The 'meth lab' info was wrong, obviously -- the post URL is correct, but the headline was later changed to incorrectly reference meth. Still haven't heard what was found.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#20111425 - 06/10/14 09:52 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
faulty reporting, this article says LSD and ecstasy

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_25912497/drug-investigation-forces-closure-berkeley-street

:sad:  Oh no, this is terrible.  He's going to do some serious time since this is his second bust.  I hope they didn't catch him with many precursors and/or product. 

I wonder if he's been making LSD all these years since he was released in 1987. 

--------------------

OfflineStanKlein
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #20113305 - 06/11/14 10:05 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

His third, at least, in this country.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#20114941 - 06/11/14 05:46 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Three, huh?  I don't recall that.  I just know of one in 1981 and now this one, apparently. 

--------------------

OfflineStanKlein
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #20127254 - 06/14/14 03:55 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Curiously, this house is directly across the street from a notorious Berkeley drug house.

In fact, I suspect the topmost photo from the Berkeleysider article was taken from the attic room of 1610...

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

#20129264 - 06/14/14 03:40 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

note the Volkswagen van in Gillan's driveway on Street View, as well as a graffiti'ed truck lol.

my friend requested info from Contra Costa County regarding Gillan's latest arrest.. he wasn't paying attention and the sheriffs office called him twice but he didn't answer. i know that he was released on Tuesday, probably posted bail.

my friend was thinking it was just going to take him to an online page, not have the sheriffs call him. he may try again since he's a journalist working on an article regarding clandestine LSD manufacture. i will post whatever info he gets here, unless someone else wants to.

also that home sold for 199,000?? what a piece of shit, Berkeley is expensive as hell. must be the shadiest / cheapest part of town. that home would be like 60k here

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#20129330 - 06/14/14 03:57 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Are there any articles confirming that it's Kevin Gillan yet?  Why would he be able to post bail?

--------------------

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#20347520 - 07/29/14 06:00 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

All I have been able to find on Paul Stepak and Bernard N Hassall is that the feds were looking for the "cook" in that case.  Did they ever find the cook?  Also Kevin Gillan is 62yo.  I doubt that was him in that bust.

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: filamentous] * 1
    #20347655 - 07/29/14 06:21 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Also is this GWD?
GARY WALTER DASH
Register Number: 53671-065
Sex: Male
Located at: Florence FCI
Release Date: 01/31/2016

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#20347674 - 07/29/14 06:25 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

http://fultonhistory.com/Newspaper%2011/Geneva%20NY%20Finger%20Lake%20Times/Geneva%20NY%20Finger%20Lake%20Times%201977%20Nov%201977/Geneva%20NY%20Finger%20Lake%20Times%201977%20Nov%201977%20-%200151.pdf

Here's what I found on the '77 bust.
Is Eric Brown aka Eric Ghost?

"Sheriff Bartolomie indicated that laboratory equipment seized had the capability of producing what he termed "billions of LSD tablets," A portion of the lab equipment was seized at the Mountain House residence. The balance was stored, according to the sheriff, in "a local warehouse." The sheriff refused to comment as to whether the term "local" meant Ukiah. The raiders were armed with search warrants issued by the local court. In custody awaiting filing of formal charges and arraignment are husband and wife William H. Weeks, 25, charged with conspiracy to manufacture, transporting and sale of drugs; and Anita Josephine Weeks, 25, conspiracy to manufacture and possession of drugs. Also in custody are John E. Hamilton, 41, booked for conspiracy to manufacture drugs, manufacture of LSD and possession of marijuana; his wife, Rosalind Hamilton, 24, conspiracy to manufacture, possession, transportation and sale, and manufacture of LSD; Barry J. Orlando, 26, possession of dangerous drugs, transportation and sale; and Stephen A. Abruzzo, 22, possession, transportation and sale, and his wife, Marion J. Abruzzo, 20, possession of marijuana. Sheriff Bartolomie indicated that there was evidence of recent manufacture. The case had been under investigation for the last four years by federal agencies and for several months here."

Edited by filamentous (07/29/14 06:38 PM)

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#20347762 - 07/29/14 06:40 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

filamentous said:
Also Kevin Gillan is 62yo.  I doubt that was him in that bust.

I don't know if he was apart of that recent bust, but that's definitely the same Kevin Gillan on that BOP locator.  It has his date of birth as June 20, 1949, which is correct.

Quote:

filamentous said:
All I have been able to find on Paul Stepak and Bernard N Hassall is that the feds were looking for the "cook" in that case.  Did they ever find the cook? 

I don't know any more than you do about it, I don't think.  But I get the impression that Hassall was the cook?  That's just a guess though, of course. 

I will check into those other two things after awhile.  Thanks for the info.  It looks good! 

--------------------

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#20347829 - 07/29/14 06:53 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
I don't know if he was apart of that recent bust, but that's definitely the same Kevin Gillan on that BOP locator.  It has his date of birth as June 20, 1949, which is correct.

So he's currently locked up?  On what charges?

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#20349157 - 07/30/14 12:35 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

filamentous said:
So he's currently locked up?  On what charges?

Remember, back in this thread (I think), someone posted a news article about a recent Berkeley LSD bust.  They showed that Kevin Gillan's BOP page shows that he went back into custody on that date.  So I'd really like to hear an update about this.  It appears to have been him, but it's not entirely clear.

As for your Eric Brown find.  That's really interesting.  I had never heard about that one and I'd love to know more about it.  Is he The Ghost?  I know less than nothing about that at this point, but it definitely piques my interest when you start talking about a mysterious LSD chemist named The Ghost.  It just sounds immensely interesting.  So you think Brown may be The Ghost because he was busted around the same period and for the same trade that The Ghost was known for? 

--------------------

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#20351031 - 07/30/14 03:33 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I know that his name was Eric the Ghost.  I believe he was from NY too.  Also the method for laying sheets was the same.  Mark McCloud talks about the ghost some. 

As for the BOP update.  It shouldn't hit until he's released into state or federal custody from the Berkeley police.  I can't figure out why it would have happened on the same day.  I think the full name is Kevin ward gillan.  I couldn't find anything other than he was released in '87.

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

#20351065 - 07/30/14 03:43 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

He was in Contra Costa County jail the same day as this bust the records I was able to find indacte, and was released a day or two later. Gillan more than likely is relevant to this.

My friend typed his name in the jail locator and immediately got two phone calls from the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office, but did not pick up the phone. I'm not sure if they will still be able to give the information since it's been a month, but you guys could just as easily do the same thing.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#20351766 - 07/30/14 06:12 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
My friend typed his name in the jail locator and immediately got two phone calls from the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office

Saaay WHAT!??!?!?!?!?!?!  :what:  :uhoh:

Quote:

filamentous said:
I know that his name was Eric the Ghost.  I believe he was from NY too.  Also the method for laying sheets was the same.  Mark McCloud talks about the ghost some. 

Can you give me that link if you run across it?  I found one little blurb about him in an article about McCloud, but not from him. 

Quote:

filamentous said:As for the BOP update.  It shouldn't hit until he's released into state or federal custody from the Berkeley police.  I can't figure out why it would have happened on the same day.  I think the full name is Kevin ward gillan.  I couldn't find anything other than he was released in '87.

I don't remember if it showed up the same day, but it's in there.  You'll see that, according to that locator, he has NMN (no middle name).  I don't know man.  I know his bail is apparently $120,000, which they don't give you for jay walking.  But your guess is as good as mine.  I have no idea yet.  I hope it wasn't him though.  He'll never get out at this point if he was cooking again.

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#20369833 - 08/03/14 06:50 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

D.M.T said:
My friend typed his name in the jail locator and immediately got two phone calls from the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office

Saaay WHAT!??!?!?!?!?!?!  :what:  :uhoh:

Quote:

filamentous said:

Can you give me that link if you run across it?  I found one little blurb about him in an article about McCloud, but not from him. 

Quote:

filamentous said:As for the BOP update.  It shouldn't hit until he's released into state or federal custody from the Berkeley police.  I can't figure out why it would have happened on the same day.  I think the full name is Kevin ward gillan.  I couldn't find anything other than he was released in '87.

I don't remember if it showed up the same day, but it's in there.  You'll see that, according to that locator, he has NMN (no middle name).  I don't know man.  I know his bail is apparently $120,000, which they don't give you for jay walking.  But your guess is as good as mine.  I have no idea yet.  I hope it wasn't him though.  He'll never get out at this point if he was cooking again.

BTW I can no longer find info on Gillan in the system....maybe he got bailed out. Lemme know if any of you guys have success finding anything.

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: filamentous] * 2
    #20372470 - 08/04/14 12:29 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

As far as I knew William Weeks was never caught.
Quote:

During the period 1970–1980 in various locations the manufacturing chemists Bill Weeks and associates are alleged to have produced several kilograms...
Will Weeks

The full article on the bust is copied I the quote below. This is literally all I've been able to dig up
Quote:

December 2nd 1971
"Early morning raid on farmhouses sheriff's raid nets huge drug apparatus"

One of the largest narcotics raids of record resulted early this morning in the arrests of seven persons at two locations in southern Mendocino County. A force of 30 men representing the federal and state bureaus of narcotics, the Mendocino County sheriff's department and the Sonoma County sheriff's department, swooped down at 3:50 a.m. on two farmhouses, one on Mountain House Road, and the other on Highway 128, two and one- half miles west of Mountain House Road. The raiders were led by Sheriff Reno Bartolomie with District Attorney Duncan James and Deputy District Attorney Bill Neill participating. There was no resistance. During a press conference called at 11:15 a.m., Sheriff Bartolomie withheld certain details due to the possibility of jeopardizing prosecution of the defendants in this county. Sheriff Bartolomie indicated that laboratory equipment seized had the capability of producing what he termed "billions of LSD tablets," A portion of the lab equipment was seized at the Mountain House residence. The balance was stored, according to the sheriff, in "a local warehouse." The sheriff refused to comment as to whether the term "local" meant Ukiah. The raiders were armed with search warrants issued by the local court. In custody awaiting filing of formal charges and arraignment are husband and wife William H. Weeks, 25, charged with conspiracy to manufacture, transporting and sale of drugs; and Anita Josephine Weeks, 25, conspiracy to manufacture and possession of drugs. Also in custody are John E. Hamilton, 41, booked for conspiracy to manufacture drugs, manufacture of LSD and possession of marijuana; his wife, Rosalind Hamilton, 24, conspiracy to manufacture, possession, transportation and sale, and manufacture of LSD; Barry J. Orlando, 26, possession of dangerous drugs, transportation and sale; and Stephen A. Abruzzo, 22, possession, transportation and sale, and his wife, Marion J. Abruzzo, 20, possession of marijuana. Sheriff Bartolomie indicated that there was evidence of recent manufacture. The case had been under investigation for the last four years by federal agencies and for several months here.
William Weeks Bust

Also Billy Orlando, listed in the quote above, was previously known as an associate of Will Weeks and this further proves it.

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#20372560 - 08/04/14 12:58 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Also I went ahead and typed up the info on Eric Brown.

Quote:

November 5th 1977
"Police Arrest Three in LSD Operation"
A $2 million-a-month LSD operation has been broken up with the arrest of three people and the discovery of a manufacturing lab here, authorities said Friday. Eric Brown, 25, of Modesto, Calif., was charged with conspiracy to manufacture a controlled substance and possession with intent to sell. Andrea Layton, 25, of Manhattan, was charged with conspiracy to posses with intent to sell a controlled substance, and Denise Laflore, 31, of Mission City, British Colombia, was charged with conspiracy to manufacture a controlled substance. Officials said most of the LSD, manufactured in a trailer, was sold in California.
Eric Brown/Eric Ghost

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#20373755 - 08/04/14 06:44 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
BTW I can no longer find info on Gillan in the system....maybe he got bailed out. Lemme know if any of you guys have success finding anything.

Yeah, I just checked that same Alameda County page that StanKlein posted earlier in this thread, but I didn't find any record of him?  Did StanKlein troll us by fabricating that picture or was he in there and is now........gone?  I can't understand that. 

Thanks for those William Weeks and Eric Brown articles.  I'm fixing to add both of those events to my "Today in psychedelic history" threads for those days.  :cool:

Let me ask you a couple more questions.  First, you must have a subscription to that newspaper site where you found William Weeks?  I can't see it because I haven't subscribed.  If so, can you do a screen shot of it for me to have?  Second, when you say William Weeks was never caught, what do you mean by that?  Do you mean he's been on the run since 1971? 

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#20373849 - 08/04/14 07:08 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

Kman1898 said:

Yeah, I just checked that same Alameda County page that StanKlein posted earlier in this thread, but I didn't find any record of him?  Did StanKlein troll us by fabricating that picture or was he in there and is now........gone?  I can't understand that. 

Thanks for those William Weeks and Eric Brown articles.  I'm fixing to add both of those events to my "Today in psychedelic history" threads for those days.  :cool:

Let me ask you a couple more questions.  First, you must have a subscription to that newspaper site where you found William Weeks?  I can't see it because I haven't subscribed.  If so, can you do a screen shot of it for me to have?  Second, when you say William Weeks was never caught, what do you mean by that?  Do you mean he's been on the run since 1971?

That would be awesome, can wait til those days in psychedelic history now! As for the newspaper, lemme get back to you about that screenshot.

What I meant by never been caught was based on all my research, up until the other day, and what I was told, "he had produced and was a known chemist in the scene by many but was never caught." Not to say that meant anyone was actively looking for him though. Clearly this information was factually incorrect.

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#20373929 - 08/04/14 07:22 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
note the Volkswagen van in Gillan's driveway on Street View, as well as a graffiti'ed truck lol.

my friend requested info from Contra Costa County regarding Gillan's latest arrest.. he wasn't paying attention and the sheriffs office called him twice but he didn't answer. i know that he was released on Tuesday, probably posted bail.

How did you know he was released Tuesday?

--------------------

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

#20374050 - 08/04/14 07:49 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

VINELink Inmate locator. Too much time has passed now, they took his name off.

not sure what motivation StanKlein has to troll us.

the lastest update I can find says the home had chemicals to manufacture "narcotics" (which LSD & ecstasy certainly aren't). many contradictory reports and no official releases of the names. I don't know why you guys don't ask Alameda or Contra Costa Counties yourself. it's the rights of concerned citizens.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_25943481/berkeley-community-briefs-robbery-arrests-drug-lab-investigation

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: D.M.T] * 1
    #20496636 - 08/30/14 09:50 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Donald Shackelford and the governments motion to exclude time under the speedy trial act good bit of facts about the case for those of you interested in learning more on Shackelford. Many already know all this but it's here for those who don't.

--------------------

Edited by Kman1898 (08/30/14 09:55 AM)

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#20500813 - 08/31/14 10:22 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Also for anyone interested in more info on Jeffrey T. Viola aka Jeff Hutchinson. Born 5/1/1955 and died 6/16/2009. Personal Business Flyer and A personal paycheck

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#20525695 - 09/05/14 10:25 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Especially for Learyfan and Filamentous...

Spoiler video goes I depth into black market LSD manufacture. It details many of the chemists we have all discussed such as Richard Barth Sanders aka the "Eric Ghost" and other I don't know. Bill Weeks is mentioned and some other obscure but big names! He also details which synths that used and if they chromatographed it. What if anything does anyone know about Victor James Kaiper/Kuiper?

This video details black-market LSD manufacture and if you start at 15 minutes 50 seconds he begins to talk about Victor James Kuiper and then details the remaining big names

Watch the whole video it's a nice treat.

I'm sure we will find out more in Scully's book for he doesn't talk too much about it other than the fact that he's using ergotoxine base as the precurosr. According to press reports, he used 6.3 kg of ergotoxine base between December 22, 1966 and October 18, 1967. According to press reports, he was caught with $38 million dollars worth of LSD.

--------------------

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#20525891 - 09/05/14 11:10 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Ergocristine is probably the ergotoxine being referred to.
"not to mention stuff on the Victor James Kapur acid manufacturing bust (north London 1967, the first such bust after criminalisation)."

Edited by filamentous (09/06/14 05:35 AM)

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#20529036 - 09/06/14 05:27 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for the proper last name. Added a bunch of relevant stuff below, read the book, lots of interesting things!

The way I understood it was ergotoxine base is a mixture of equal proportions of ergocristine, ergocornine and ergocryptine, the latter being a 2:1 mixture of alpha- and beta-ergocryptine.

Info on Victor James Kapur, proprietor of New North Chemist in New North Road, Islington. Excerpt from Albion Dreaming - A Popular History of LSD in Britain" by Andy Roberts

Quote:

When Nathan, an accomplice to Kapur, was searched, he was found to be carrying a condom containing what analysis later revealed to be approximately 19 grams of LSD in powder form. This package was handed to him by Kapur just moments before. An unspecified amount was subsequently found under the seat of Kapur’s car.

By following the paper trail left by Kapur, police discovered that he had made numerous trips to Germany to buy Ergotoxine, the key raw material from which he would make LSD. Kapur had actually bought the chemical from a British company, but claimed it was for sale to a continental business and he would take delivery of it there. The police were surprised to find that the first purchase of Ergotoxine was in September 1966. Personal records indicate he ordered 6.3 kg of ergotoxine base between September 1966 and November 12, 1967. His doses were ~200ug and even allowing for mistakes and failures, from Sept ‘66 - Nov ‘67 he made an estimated 3 kg of LSD or 15,000,000 hits. He had 2 labs but the labs only had traces of LSD....Britain’s first trial for the manufacture of LSD began on May 16, 1968 and lasted to May 31, 1968. Victor Kapur was sentenced to nine years imprisonment for his role as the chemist, to run consecutively with five other sentences of up to two years.

"Albion Dreaming - A Popular History of LSD in Britain" by Andy Roberts.

Also found this little tidbit about another chemist out of the UK busted in 1969.

Quote:

A friend gave Peter Simmons a partial recipe for LSD and when his dealing partner located a full formula for LSD at the Patents Office, he decided it was time to find a chemist who could turn his dream into reality. His first two chemists worked from a laboratory he set up in a caravan on a site outside London. This turned out to be a disaster. They were disturbed by a neighbour knocking at the door and, believing it to be the police, they flushed the drug away. This lab had cost Simmons £1000 to set up, no small amount in 1968.

The second attempt, using a chemist named Quentin Theobald, was initially much more successful. Another lab was constructed, this time at Theobald’s house at Hythe in Kent. Theobald knew what he was doing and asked Simmons for the best equipment, including such items as a rotary evaporator. The cost of the lab caused Simmons to “go up several gears in my dealing” to provide the funds for this laboratory. The lab lasted for three production runs. The first run produced a gram of liquid LSD that they sold in 100 vials. It was sold as liquid because the chemist couldn’t manage to crystallise it. They managed to get the second run solid enough to put it into capsules for sale. Although Theobald was a competent chemist, the flaws in the manufacturing process meant that they were unnecessarily handling the LSD and were drunk a lot of the time.

The finished product sold well and gave them the impetus to continue making the drug. However, all was not well. Flushed with his success at being an acid chemist, Theobald began to boast about his unusual career at parties. Being an LSD chemist carried considerable kudos in the counter culture and it’s easy to see the social advantages of his boasts. But his indiscretions meant that word of their activities was out and it was only a matter of time before the police got wind of their laboratory.

During one production run, Theobald and an old friend got blind drunk while trying to solve the problem of how to crystallise the LSD. The drunken evening ended with them falling asleep having forgotten where they had put the fruits of their labour. When Simmons arrived the next day, he found a filter paper on a windowsill covered with a chemical mess; the missing LSD, left exposed to the air and sunlight for over twelve hours. Simmons thought it would be inert but wanted to test it anyway. So with no knowledge of what the dosage would be he randomly cut a lump off the paper and ate it. The LSD hit shortly afterwards as Simmons sat watching cricket on the village green. He managed to stagger through the overwhelming hallucinations back to the lab where he retired to bed before losing consciousness. When he came round several hours later, still heavily under the influence, he estimated he had taken a dose between ten and hundred times the usual dose.

The third LSD production run had just been completed and the drug was in crystallized form when the police simultaneously raided Simmons’ London flat and the acid lab in Hythe. At the trial, Simmons received five years in prison, Theobald the chemist seven years. Simmons believes his sentence was high because details of the Manson trial had recently dominated the media. This is unlikely. Though sentencing was inconsistent when it came to LSD, five years imprisonment for producing substantial quantities of the drug was light when compared to sentences in the late Seventies.

"Albion Dreaming - A Popular History of LSD in Britain" by Andy Roberts.

--------------------

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#20529107 - 09/06/14 05:43 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I'm very curious about overseas manufacturers.

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#20529134 - 09/06/14 05:52 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

filamentous said:
I'm very curious about overseas manufacturers.

what do you mean by that?

Also, IMO [REDACTED] is back churning out miss Lucy. The "new" crystal on the block, berkley silver, makes me think this. As many of you probably know berkley silver has been around before. Actually it was flowing about the same time Shackelford was producing.

Not to mention his alias Wyndowlicker, from the forums he posts to, has gone dark. He also took down his facebook.

All is speculation but still food forthought

--------------------

Edited by Kman1898 (01/07/15 07:14 PM)

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#20530600 - 09/06/14 11:15 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't heard much aside from the Operation Julie groups, Casey, and Donnie.  I want to know more about the German labs etc.

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#20530723 - 09/06/14 11:39 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

filamentous said:
I haven't heard much aside from the Operation Julie groups, Casey, and Donnie.  I want to know more about the German labs etc.

Don't forget Victor James Kapur. Of course Ive got 2 or so paragraphs about Tord Svenson but I'd be curious to learn so much more. He's one of the the few I know so little about.

--------------------

InvisibleEastBayRay
 User Gallery
    #20530729 - 09/06/14 11:40 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

On a somewhat related note, has Tim Scully finished his book? If so, where is it available for purchase?

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#20531772 - 09/07/14 05:36 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

The book isn't finished yet.  As for tord, he was directly involved with Ron stark.  From what I know tord made quite a few kg of LSD that wasn't very pure.

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#20533524 - 09/07/14 03:16 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

filamentous said:
The book isn't finished yet.  As for tord, he was directly involved with Ron stark.  From what I know tord made quite a few kg of LSD that wasn't very pure.

Yeah book is definitely not done. He's probably going to wait until "Eric ghosts' wife passes before he does. All the info I have on Tord is from Leonard Pickard, as I've never seen anyone else with a shred of details on him.

--------------------

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#20534187 - 09/07/14 06:02 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

LP talked about tord?  Did he know him?

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#20536610 - 09/08/14 06:58 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

In 1968–1970 the Paris and Orleans labs of Ron Stark and Tord Svenson purportedly produced several kilograms of LSD and from 1971–1972 their Belgian laboratory reportedly produced another several kilos, all distributed via the Brotherhood of Eternal Love as "Orange Sunshine." Stark eventually was arrested in Italy in 1975, where he served four years. He was arrested and deported in 1983 from Holland to the US where he faced conspiracy charges, in US v Sand and Scully et al. in San Francisco, but the charges were eventually dropped in 1983. He died in San Francisco in 1984 from a heart attack.
Tord Svenson

Quote:

March 5, 2008 (Req. No. 08-0758-F) (request for NADDIS record of deceased LSD chemist Torr Eric Svenson, specifically: "1.) Svenson's NADDIS Index or summary, pointing to - and constituting the practical means for accessing - records in DEA's Investigative Filing and Reporting System (IFRS); 2.) I do not request the associated IFRS records at this time, but only the Index.") Status: On May 5, 2008 DEA assigned a tracking number. On January 27, 2009, after conducting a search for Svenson's records, DEA responded that no records were found after a query of NADDIS/IFRS and requested more information on the subject, specifically "A specific event/geographical location (with specific dates) that the DEA participated in connection with Mr. Svenson." These criteria were provided on September 28, 2009, stating: "Attached is the result of a Social Security Death Index search, indicating that Tord E. Svenson's DOB is 1/7/37 and his SSN is 022-28-0985. it is likely that DEA has records relating to Svenson, for testimony in U.S. v. Timothy Scully, Nicholas Sand, and Lester Freidman (N.D. Cal. 1974) alleged that Svenson's clandestine LSD laboratory was investigated by IRS as part of a joint DEA-IRS inverstigation. The following information (from the pubic record) may be helpful in locating Svenson's NADDIS record and other responsive material to which NADDIS points: Tord Svenson was arrested in Boston, Masachusetts on November 29, 1967 in a drug lab reported by the press as an LSD operation. He was also known as Todd Sorenson, Tom Wilson and Ralph Conner. His associates included Ronald Hadley Stark, Richard Kemp, Michael Boyd Randall, Thelma Berg, Lester Freidman, and Ed May. He used the alias Todd Sorenson during the period of 1971-1972, when he worked at Laboratorie Le Clocheton near Brussels, Belgium, later investigated by DEA." DOJ/OIP remanded an appeal to DEA (Appeal No. 09-1294). DEA on August 5, 2010 restated it was unable to locate Svenson's NADDIS. (Comment: This request was made on behalf of Dr. Tim Scully.)

Torr Eric Svenson

--------------------

InvisibleEastBayRay
 User Gallery
    #20658427 - 10/04/14 08:25 PM (6 years, 19 days ago)

The video mentions Wayne Johnson, Tim Wyland, Lawrence Hocevar, Ted Rinehart and Timothy Dyce.  I'm not sure if any of them were chemists or just distributors.

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#21005184 - 12/20/14 10:58 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#21023608 - 12/25/14 03:17 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Amazing bits and pieces of LSD history in this thread - so much mystery and intrigue...two chemists pop up and mysteriously go dark during the course of the thread...subscribed.

Kudos to all for the interesting info!

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#21023657 - 12/25/14 04:02 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Donald Shackelford and the governments motion to exclude time under the speedy trial act good bit of facts about the case for those of you interested in learning more on Shackelford. Many already know all this but it's here for those who don't.

I cannot access the link, and when I go to the docketalarm.com link from page 1 in this thread it seems to want me to pay for the access..

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: dwpineal]
    #21023910 - 12/25/14 09:16 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dwpineal said:
Quote:

Kman1898 said:

I cannot access the link, and when I go to the docketalarm.com link from page 1 in this thread it seems to want me to pay for the access..

I don't have access to all my files at the moment as its Christmas and I just switched to a new computer so it'll be a bit. Here's some info and a working link.
https://archive.org/stream/gov.uscourts.dcd.118477/gov.uscourts.dcd.118477.10.0_djvu.txt

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#21023913 - 12/25/14 09:20 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Btw so glad I revived this thread! There's such a wealth of info that we've all contributed too! Just glad I didn't listen to the haters for reviving a +5 year old thread.

--------------------

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#21023966 - 12/25/14 10:05 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

This thread is some serious stuff...honestly as a vegetarian I'm not much on leather, but if I could have grabbed one of those Donnie etsy belts with an Owsley buckle...man

OfflineDa2ra
Ergot Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East Flag
    #21024540 - 12/25/14 02:05 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

subbed

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Da2ra]
    #21040795 - 12/29/14 08:33 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Well we may get more info on Todd Skinner!! William Leonard Pickard is beginning to make moves to make his  recently unsealed ci file public!
Quote:

November 7, 2014 - Defendants' Brief filed in Tenth Circuit to enforce 2013 order
that "much" of Skinner's file could be made public.

November 6, 2014 Defendants moved to
make Skinner's DEA "Risk Assessment"
(unsealed by Kansas court in April, 2014)
publicly available.

--------------------

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#21040983 - 12/29/14 09:18 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I wonder if it has any intel on what he was doing after len went down?  That whole time period before he went down while he was hiding out with Krystle Cole is interesting.  Who were the fucksticks in the psychedelic scene that were aiding him in his bullshit?

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#21046406 - 12/31/14 12:06 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

For real they that was some fuck shit and I'd really like to know

--------------------

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#21083098 - 01/07/15 06:14 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Well we may get more info on Todd Skinner!! William Leonard Pickard is beginning to make moves to make his  recently unsealed ci file public!
Quote:

November 7, 2014 - Defendants' Brief filed in Tenth Circuit to enforce 2013 order
that "much" of Skinner's file could be made public.

November 6, 2014 Defendants moved to
make Skinner's DEA "Risk Assessment"
(unsealed by Kansas court in April, 2014)
publicly available.

Sweet! Always up for more info...even considering the source :crazy2:

InvisibleBig Bear
Earf Child
Male User Gallery

Loc: In love, On time
    #21090724 - 01/09/15 03:32 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

What an awesome thread!

Quote:

filamentous said:

I am very interested how the euro scene works as well.  At this point in my life I feel like I have a semi-decent understanding how american lsd distributors operate (buncha shifty hippies, some of which I'm lucky enough to call my friends), but I've always been super intrigued as to how it's distributed over there.  From what I've always heard, it was run mainly by Eastern European crime syndicates.  I always hear about the Czech labs and of course "Swiss Criss" but I wish I knew more about their networks (families perhaps) and distribution methods. 

That being said,  I am thrilled with the lowered price and widened availability of lsd the past few years.  It seems like it's been coming back strong since the nbomes got schedule 1'd...maybe.

anyways this is an awesome thread. Thanks guys.

--------------------
Need help growing? Ask AMU for hassle free answers.

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time...

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Big Bear]
    #21091342 - 01/09/15 09:44 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Big Bear said:
What an awesome thread!

Quote:

filamentous said:

I am very interested how the euro scene works as well.  At this point in my life I feel like I have a semi-decent understanding how american lsd distributors operate (buncha shifty hippies, some of which I'm lucky enough to call my friends), but I've always been super intrigued as to how it's distributed over there.  From what I've always heard, it was run mainly by Eastern European crime syndicates.  I always hear about the Czech labs and of course "Swiss Criss" but I wish I knew more about their networks (families perhaps) and distribution methods. 

That being said,  I am thrilled with the lowered price and widened availability of lsd the past few years.  It seems like it's been coming back strong since the nbomes got schedule 1'd...maybe.

anyways this is an awesome thread. Thanks guys.

Lowered price...Whatever do you mean? It's still in the exact same ball park it's been in for the past ~10 years or so and if you go back 15 years it was WAY cheaper/everywhere. Also it just "seems" more widely available because common folk have access to lower level dealers, such as darknets. It's always more been about knowing a source than the LSD itself.

--------------------

InvisibleBig Bear
Earf Child
Male User Gallery

#21091357 - 01/09/15 09:50 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe so.  I guess it could be that I've just met more people too,  but a couple years ago all I saw were really over priced sheets and a bunch of RCs now I see 280-350 dollar sheets regularly.

This is just my observation and experience so it obviously can be taken with a grain of salt Ya know?

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#21091406 - 01/09/15 10:10 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

No I agree to each his own. Getting those prices is nice and many now are starting to get lower but what I was referring to was more the idea that grams went from 3k-10k back in '99 and now are 17k-30k. On this more wholesale level, laid at 99ug-100ug, that costs the buyer $170-$300 a sheet. And that's assuming the crystal is 99+% pure. To me that's not cheap. It also shows how and why people charge so much a sheet in recent years.

--------------------

InvisibleBig Bear
Earf Child
Male User Gallery

#21091432 - 01/09/15 10:17 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I mean I'm not old enough to have experienced the 90s when lsd was everywhere, but I have definitely heard plenty about it.  I just personally feel like some more players have entered the game in the past few years. 

Regardless, I don't want to derail the thread too much as its my favorite thread I've read all week :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by Big Bear (08/26/17 03:39 AM)

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#21091506 - 01/09/15 10:48 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah it is a great thread, I'm so glad I revived it last year. Heard word that Kevin Gillian had a court appearance this week but so far just rumors. Not sure which courthouse he was supposed to be appearing at. If I find out I'll be sure to call up there later.

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#23762205 - 10/22/16 10:45 PM (4 years, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

D.M.T said:

Quote:

anymore word on Gillan?

plus gary walter dash gets out march 7th!

--------------------

Invisiblebled
Ally
Loc: California
    #24580148 - 08/26/17 01:50 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

William "Bill" Weeks received a 20-year prison sentence.
See Shroomery's "Today in psychedelic history (12/2)"
- 1971: William Weeks is busted for LSD manufacturing.

Edited by bled (04/25/18 02:41 AM)

OfflineSixtiesSurvivor
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: UK
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Kman1898] * 3
    #24744860 - 10/29/17 09:01 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Crikey, that's me!
The author, Andy Roberts, interviewed me for several hours but only managed a few paragraphs, and still managed to get a few things wrong.
The chemist estimated the piece I had swallowed was 100-1,000 trips-worth,not 10-100 as Roberts says, but it's up for grabs really, an estimate based on the LSD being entirely unaffected by sunlight and air.
It lasted five days and in between I slept, waking to full tripping each time with no memory of dreaming, despite which I wasn't particularly concerned and was able to function, albeit somewhat vaguely at times, distracted by the visuals. The only longer term effect was the experience of a massive electrical discharge across my brain from one ear to the other, loud enough to startle me. These persisted for some weeks and months and slowly diminished. I have no idea what was happening then, but seem not to have any long term mental changes or problems.
My long term memory is just fine, and I do seem to have developed a critical intelligence that allows me to see through bullshit immediately. My vocabulary has grown and grown, along with my IQ, which seems to have been a gradual, slow process over decades. Some insights can take years to be integrated into consciousness. Nothing is immediate.

OfflineSixtiesSurvivor
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #24744868 - 10/29/17 09:10 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Re the UK lab mentioned in Albion Dreaming:
'We' weren't drunk all the time, it happened just the once, and just the two chemists. That's the trouble when journalists write books.
We used ergotamine tartrate as the base, not sure how this sits with the other methods, it was all that was available in London in the late sixties, and came from Czechoslovakia via some shifty characters.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: SixtiesSurvivor]
    #24745312 - 10/29/17 01:23 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Wait, so you're Peter Simmons?  :ooo:

--------------------

InvisibleprettyMushy
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: SixtiesSurvivor]
    #24748086 - 10/30/17 06:43 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SixtiesSurvivor said:
Crikey, that's me!
The author, Andy Roberts, interviewed me for several hours but only managed a few paragraphs, and still managed to get a few things wrong.
The chemist estimated the piece I had swallowed was 100-1,000 trips-worth,not 10-100 as Roberts says, but it's up for grabs really, an estimate based on the LSD being entirely unaffected by sunlight and air.
It lasted five days and in between I slept, waking to full tripping each time with no memory of dreaming, despite which I wasn't particularly concerned and was able to function, albeit somewhat vaguely at times, distracted by the visuals. The only longer term effect was the experience of a massive electrical discharge across my brain from one ear to the other, loud enough to startle me. These persisted for some weeks and months and slowly diminished. I have no idea what was happening then, but seem not to have any long term mental changes or problems.
My long term memory is just fine, and I do seem to have developed a critical intelligence that allows me to see through bullshit immediately. My vocabulary has grown and grown, along with my IQ, which seems to have been a gradual, slow process over decades. Some insights can take years to be integrated into consciousness. Nothing is immediate.

i really like your story, very interesting =D would love to hear more

--------------------
Anything posted from this account is made up for the entertainment of others, this account is a complete work of fiction. Its not illegal to get bored and make up stories, authors do it all the time.

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#24758123 - 11/04/17 01:20 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Wait, so you're Peter Simmons?  :ooo:

Reading through his posts he clearly knows some things but is very ignorant of most others. I'd say he's not peter...

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: bled]
    #24758125 - 11/04/17 01:21 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bled said:
Bill Weeks received a 20-year prison sentence.

Do you have proof of this?

We'd love to see it

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#24758964 - 11/04/17 12:49 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Reading through his posts he clearly knows some things but is very ignorant of most others. I'd say he's not peter...

I can't tell either way.  What makes you think he isn't Peter? 

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#24760054 - 11/04/17 09:32 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

filamentous said:

Quote:

filamentous said:
All I have been able to find on Paul Stepak and Bernard N Hassall is that the feds were looking for the "cook" in that case.  Did they ever find the cook? 

I don't know any more than you do about it, I don't think.  But I get the impression that Hassall was the cook?  That's just a guess though, of course. 

I will check into those other two things after awhile.  Thanks for the info.  It looks good! 

What Info do we have on Kevin gillan? I've been looking for sources or articles for a long time now. Just his 1981 bust

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#24760096 - 11/04/17 09:54 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

filamentous said:

Quote:

filamentous said:

What Info do we have on Kevin gillan? I've been looking for sources or articles for a long time now. Just his 1981 bust
Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

Kman1898 said:

I can't tell either way.  What makes you think he isn't Peter? 

Because of how he talks of xtal lsd in another thread...even though they only achieved it on the last run, all others were liquid, and they were arrested soon after the 3rd run. Not enough time for him to be "all knowing" of xtal. Plus based on my experimentation with xtal and many other chemists, I'm no chemist, lsd doesn't absorb through skin contact yet he claims it does. Seems to me to be just another person trying to be "special" on here.

--------------------

Offlineakoward
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#24802825 - 11/23/17 09:38 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I'm trying to figure out what happened to Fredrick Messenger. He was one of the chemists in the 77 bust.

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US *DELETED* [Re: akoward]
    #24803184 - 11/24/17 02:24 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Kman1898

Reason for deletion: Missed something

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#24803196 - 11/24/17 02:36 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Never mind. You’re referring to the bio dyne bust with Michael Green.

Charges were dismissed against Allard and Messenger. Allegedly Allard and Messenger were running a front company similar to bio dyne but it could never be proven.

https://www.leagle.com/decision/19811235648f2d58711153

--------------------

Offlineakoward
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#24803199 - 11/24/17 02:37 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

This one. https://openjurist.org/648/f2d/587/united-states-v-green

Quote:

Alleged LSD plant operators arrested A Hidden Hills couple and a Berkeley man have been arrested for allegedly operating an LSD factory under the guise of a legitimate chemical laboratory in the South Bay area, authorities reported. Free on $25,000 bail each are Michael Lewis Green, 38, and Judith Catherine Green, 32, operators of Bio-Dyne Industries in Harbor City, Federal Drug Enforcement Agency officials said. Awaiting arraignment is Edgar Corey Allard Jr., 32,  and still outstanding in the case is one-time Costa Rica resident Frederick Messenger, 37, 3778 La Crescenta Blvd., Glendale, FDA officials said. The four were indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury after investigation by FDA special agents in San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angeles and Portland, Ore The Greens founded Bio-Dyne in 1969 with the intent of making LSD for sale, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Mark S- Geraghty. From April 1969 until June 1974, 70 kilograms of ergotamme LSD ingredient, were delivered to the laboratory, Geraghty added. The four are charged with conspiracy to manufacture and distribute LSD, a charge carrying a maximum penalty of five years and/or a fine of up to Si 5,000

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: akoward]
    #24803226 - 11/24/17 03:05 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

akoward said:
This one. https://openjurist.org/648/f2d/587/united-states-v-green

Quote:

Alleged LSD plant operators arrested A Hidden Hills couple and a Berkeley man have been arrested for allegedly operating an LSD factory under the guise of a legitimate chemical laboratory in the South Bay area, authorities reported. Free on $25,000 bail each are Michael Lewis Green, 38, and Judith Catherine Green, 32, operators of Bio-Dyne Industries in Harbor City, Federal Drug Enforcement Agency officials said. Awaiting arraignment is Edgar Corey Allard Jr., 32,  and still outstanding in the case is one-time Costa Rica resident Frederick Messenger, 37, 3778 La Crescenta Blvd., Glendale, FDA officials said. The four were indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury after investigation by FDA special agents in San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angeles and Portland, Ore The Greens founded Bio-Dyne in 1969 with the intent of making LSD for sale, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Mark S- Geraghty. From April 1969 until June 1974, 70 kilograms of ergotamme LSD ingredient, were delivered to the laboratory, Geraghty added. The four are charged with conspiracy to manufacture and distribute LSD, a charge carrying a maximum penalty of five years and/or a fine of up to Si 5,000

Read my post before this one.

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#24803228 - 11/24/17 03:10 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

The greens tried to plant evidence against Messenger and Allard but it backfired and Michael Green was sentenced as a result.

--------------------

OfflineQlockwork
Novice
Male User Gallery

#24890576 - 01/04/18 09:27 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
For real they that was some fuck shit and I'd really like to know

Not sure if you're familiar with Hamilton's Pharmacopoeia on Viceland, regardless the first episode of the 2nd season traces the roots of the first modern human who discovered you can smoke toad venom containing 5-meo-DMT from Bufo Alvarius, before he was aware of what it even contained. The man's name was Alfred Savinelli who supplied & was involved with William Leonard Pickard laundering money through Savinelli's incense business in Santa Fe, NM & also supplying Pickard with chemicals & glassware.

http://cjonline.com/indepth/missilesilos/stories/021903_kan_lsdsilo.shtml

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Qlockwork]
    #24938166 - 01/24/18 11:10 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Yep I knew all that. Alfred was one of the big witnesses in the case against Pickard.

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#26262224 - 10/19/19 02:31 AM (1 year, 3 days ago)

New info regarding the Oregon LSD lab talked about in this article

http://www.justice. gov/dea/pubs/states/newsrel/2003/sanfran112403.html

I’ve always known the people arrested for this lab were Bruce Young and Michael Acevedo. But it wasn’t until yesterday I finally found real evidence. Once I figured out Bruce Young’s full name the rest was easy. He was the chemist and Michael George Acevedo was just a distributor. The shitty thing is that Michael got way more time. I’m not 100% on it but it appears he got 240 months and 120 months but only served 17 years and got out in 2014. Where as Bruce only got two 36 month sentences to run consecutively with 5 years supervised release. He was released in 2003 to go on supervised release of which he couldn’t even do that as there’s documents of him failing and going back to jail.  Bruce Michael Young Marijuana Arrest

mod edit= broke.gov link

Edited by motaman (10/20/19 12:28 PM)

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#26262689 - 10/19/19 11:39 AM (1 year, 3 days ago)

Thanks Kman.  A few things though.  That first link you have there doesn't work and goes to the DEA website.  Careful about linking directly to DEA site. :tinfoil:  People get weirded out about that around here.  :wink:  Also, the links you had in this thread at the beginning about the Young lab aren't good anymore either. 

Second, do you know the exact date of the Young lab bust?  Not sure if I've asked that before. 

Lastly, I took the liberty of getting a bigger shot of that clipping you posted. 

--------------------

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx

#26263748 - 10/19/19 06:53 PM (1 year, 3 days ago)

FWIW, shroomery hyper links redirect you via their parent company (mind media) rather than directly from shroomery.org

(all external links on the forums automatically use this format https://www.mind-media.com/go.php?http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/states/newsrel/2003/sanfran112403.html)

OfflineSixtiesSurvivor
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #26982946 - 10/13/20 10:36 AM (8 days, 13 hours ago)

'is very ignorant of most others.'
Specifically what?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles   Amazon Incense, pH Test Strips, San Pedro

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service