Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Green Mold - Trichoderma harzianum example (pics)
    #4854560 - 10/26/05 12:39 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

This is an example of a grow kit contaminated with trichoderma.

That dense white growth at the bottom is not mycelium but the contaminant before turning green, that happened in a couple of days. The mycelium is also present but one can see it's a totally different kind of growth.

Now, a pic from the side

Bottom. It started contaminating the perlite layer at the bottom as well.

The trich contaminated grow kit on the right and another contaminated grow kit, possibly with bacillus.

Result. No salvation possible with both grow kits. The extension of the contamination is just huge. Regarding the trich contamination, one should also be aware of the difference in size, between the portion growing in the top layer and the rest growing inside the grow kit. When working with non transparent pans, like in casings, what you see as small on the outside can be much bigger inside the casing.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: Green Mold - Trichoderma harzianum example (pics) [Re: MAIA]
    #4856875 - 10/26/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

:frown:

:heart:

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineMcdoopy
Fungus Face
 User Gallery

Loc: Varrok Center
Re: Green Mold - Trichoderma harzianum example (pics) [Re: XUL]
    #4858169 - 10/27/05 03:02 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You know, I use to like the color green... Now I don't.

OfflineMushBrain1
Poppin Fresh Pillsbury Doughboy
 User Gallery

Re: Green Mold - Trichoderma harzianum example (pics) [Re: MAIA]
    #27389714 - 07/16/21 12:33 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I fear this is green mold.  A Stud here thinks it may be, and to watch it and ditch it the second it turns green.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Re: Green Mold - Trichoderma harzianum example (pics) [Re: MushBrain1]
    #27389725 - 07/16/21 12:56 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MushBrain1 said:

I fear this is green mold.  A Stud here thinks it may be, and to watch it and ditch it the second it turns green.

It...it is green..

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Green Mold - Trichoderma harzianum example (pics) [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27389876 - 07/16/21 06:12 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Yes it starts out white as snow. Personally I don't ditch it until there are no more unaffected mushrooms. Your next batch of trich is not coming from your last batch of trich.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Green Mold - Trichoderma harzianum example (pics) [Re: Brian Jones]
    #27389907 - 07/16/21 06:54 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Yes it starts out white as snow. Personally I don't ditch it until there are no more unaffected mushrooms. Your next batch of trich is not coming from your last batch of trich.

This is not good advice. Trich is a mycoparasite and can absolutely spread to clean tubs. Leaving it going to score a few mushrooms is at your own peril.

Here is some info on similar t. aggressivum

from here

Keeping contammed tubs around in your lab will bite you in the ass eventually.

Quote:

Trichoderma harzianum is commonly acknowledged as a mycoparasite (5, 21) with the ability to secrete a wide complement of depolymerases (21, 25) and has been used as a biocontrol agent against several major plant pathogens. However, since 1985 T. harzianum green mold infestations of commercial mushroom compost in the Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom, United States, and France have been responsible for the considerable losses of yields of Agaricus bisporus

from here

and

Quote:

Target location
Many research indicate that hyphal growth direction, spore germination, and bud tube elongation of mycoparasitic fungi may exhibit tropism in response to detection of a potential host.[8] This tropic recognition reaction is thought to arise from detection of signature chemicals of the host; the direction of the concentration gradient determines the growth direction of the parasite.[9] As the mycoparasitic interaction is host-specific and not merely a contact response, it is likely that signals from the host fungus are recognized by mycoparasites such as Trichoderma and provoke transcription of mycoparasitism-related genes.[10][11]

from the wikipedia on mycoparasites

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Edited by sandman420 (07/16/21 09:00 AM)

OfflineMushBrain1
Poppin Fresh Pillsbury Doughboy
 User Gallery

Re: Green Mold - Trichoderma harzianum example (pics) [Re: sandman420]
    #27390040 - 07/16/21 09:37 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sandman420 said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:

This is not good advice. Trich is a mycoparasite and can absolutely spread to clean tubs. Leaving it going to score a few mushrooms is at your own peril.

Thank you SandMan420, AshTray161, and Brian for advising me!  I have quarantined this tub with lid on, harvested every good mushroom as my crappy only flush, and will take one more look at the growth of it tonight Friday night when I get home.  I was shocked it grew from zero to this large in 2 days, yet after 14 hours, it has not grown any larger.  I can see the puffiness of it is NOT likely GT mycelium.  The liquid drops in it looked more yellow to me making me wonder if it was mycelium I have heard eats Aborts, yet this stuff is not touching the Abort! I will not dare pop the lid tonight until I look through the side and see if there is any green from throwing spores or not, and take it outside and toss in bagged in the trash because it is not worth the worry.  3 more tubs with zero healthy pins.  I am a failure!

The Martha Tent I do not think is suitable for ultra-high humidity to force pinning.  I saw a guy who just sprays the Lid and sidewalls, and vents twice a day and that is all they get dammit, and his are doing fine.I am going to set 65 to 70% humidity right now and keep the misted lids on all day from now on.  THIS Martha Tent is now a HEPA filtered Fruiting Chamber.  Even the Mister has N95 Mask material taped over every opening.  The Mold that flew in did so because I forgot to switch on the HEPA before opening the tent with the window fan on across the room from it.  I am a fool!  White Powder Mold outside in the grass.  This is not that.  Too puffy!

Edited by MushBrain1 (07/16/21 09:38 AM)

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Green Mold - Trichoderma harzianum example (pics) [Re: MushBrain1]
    #27390056 - 07/16/21 09:49 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

It probably is the white mold you are seeing outside, only growing on the lovely nutrient dense virgin food you provided for it. Moldy grass means you and your dogs/cats are tracking it all over the place. My own yard has become a nightmare because of chickens and pooling water by my outbuilding. I'm going to have to move everything or only grow in winter.

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Edited by sandman420 (07/16/21 09:50 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder