Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineBBin
BlueOvertoneStorm

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Atlantis found? [Re: cantara]
    #485198 - 12/09/01 04:09 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

about the 2012 thing, its not some thing of faith, its 'simply' a matter of complex mathematics, exact astronomy, harmonic calendar reform, and an extrapolation on the observation of the progression of the history of human time. There are many arrows that lead towards this particular point in time (and space?) At the rate of acceleration we are on right now, it is not that unlikely to foresee a point in time where what Is will be beyond anything we can currently imagine.
For example, for me virtual reality was just computer graphics with goggles and gloves and stuff like that. But recently someone was telling me about the advances we have been making into mapping the areas of the brain. With this knowledge we can pinpoint all our experiences and connect it with the activities of our brains, and by using rays of light going inwards through our eyes, we can induce sensations of really touching something, feeling something, seeing smelling something. This dramatically changed my notion of what virtual reality could be.
Just imagine the sheer magnitude of novelty which is being unfolded with each passing day, imagine the untold bilions who are adding to this progression at any given moment, realise the factor by which this is multiplying over time. Then, its not really that hard to imagine the possiblity of reaching a culmination point,an apex, nexxus, shifting a transition towards transformation and full realisation of our true potential, a point from which everything will flow forth again, and if we are ready we will have the choice to choose whether or not we will have a choice. Ahem, ok that is somekind of faith.
about all that other stuff, of course, its interesting, amusing, sometimes even slightly insightfull, but in itself shares no real connection with thruth if we do not remain free from being absorbed by it -trying to be as objective as humanly possible, of course. Some areas of knowledge dont impart you with any more wisdom then ignorance does, and some things are just not within our reach of comprehension at our current state of evolution. (i mean evolution of soul, spirit and mind, not physical biological evolution)
To me all these possibilities and beliefs share only the vague reflection of what is really there, that which stands at the source of all. It is beyond our ability to consciously understand in terms of thought and meaning, for we are bound to our 3rd dimensional existance. Of course we can explore beyond these higher realms with our abstractions and thoughts and take or 'download and translate' from it possibilities and ideas, yet they will contain only our interpreted reflections on what is truly there. We cannot relate to it directly so we wrap it up in metaphorical and mythical beliefs, we draw the images of what we think to be there. Yet we should always remember that these images are there only for us to come to a closer understanding, if we lose ourselves into actually believing the images instead of what they portray then all connection to thruth is lost. We are nothing but Cosmic triggers.
Of course i am a galactic agent working for humanity to become part of the federation, each day bringing a new mission. Of course i know and feel the informations being sent to us from everywhere everywhen in this universe because now & here on earth is where the culmination of our story is taking place. For sure i receive the light from the stars and decode it through my intentions and actions in my conscious life, working together with incarnated souls from the pleiades, sirius, and from anywhere in this universe. Why not devote all i experience to krshna. Or smoke to come closer to shiva. Of course do i carry inside me the light of christ and love for god Infinite compassion. Indeed am i a warroir of light fighting against the darkness that is ignorance. Of course am i a dreamer of illusions in an illusion of a dream. A blue overtone storm, a snake, an air elemental gemini.
But i am also just a human being, real, existing right here right now, trying to survive, trying to be in harmony with the world that surrounds me, using every piece of information i can find, trying to remember all the wisdom i can grasp, and it is right there, waiting for us to use it. Complex religions, millenia old, old knowledge lost for ages but translated into new comprehension, remembered wisdom. We must choose and use anything which speaks to us with a feeling of remembrance so we can compile from the sum total of human knowing a world view which will bring us closer to healing and fullfillment. Everyone can create their own images, because everyone will perceive this from their own unique point of view, but the fact that we dont all agree on the specific image is irrelevant, we are all working towards the same end/beginning. (like previously stated, discussions about the specifics of the particular images can be interesting amusing, entertaining, even insightfull, but their only importance is the exchange of imagery and information that takes place within and through these discussions. Agreement is actually totally irrelevant, nobody gains anything by 'winning' an argument, or surrendering to someone elses view on this and that) We are as yet unable to see the bigger picture which is being created by all our subjective images. This multifaceted crystaline thoughtimage is the closest thing to thruth we in our human manifestations can come to. Indra's net. A collective creation of existance, the matrix of human reality.

but i digress ..phew, where the hell was i going with all this? uhm, anyway hope it meant something to you reading this..

--------------------
Thought is born blind but Mind knows what is Seeing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecantara
Loc: Beyond the sun
Re: Atlantis found? [Re: BBin]
    #485464 - 12/09/01 08:57 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

BBin

I understand and agree to a large extent, it's clear without deep analysis needed that humanity is heading toward *some* kind of a change - some kind of a quickening is happening. The pace of change itself is increasing. I don't argue with that, and I don't know if it'll happen in 2012 or not. But the impression I get from a lot of the posts on this board are that the 2012 "thing" will be some kind of wholesale rearranging of our reality, and that it will be driven by engines more "transcendent' than just our technology and its rate of increase. Shroomism has tied in the pole shift of 2003 to it, and has said that the pole shift of 2003 will be a first step toward something which culminates in 2012. Well, what causes the 2012 anomaly? Is it technology, or is it something completely other? The technology angle I don't have any problem agreeing with - though 2012 seems a little soon, but maybe not - but the others, I am asking openly, What is the evidence for it, why do you (this is a generic You, not "you, BBin") believe as you do that causes you to make the statements to this end?

--------------------
---- Cantara

[green]Shroomism, please don't delete this thread![/green]

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Atlantis found? [Re: ]
    #485471 - 12/09/01 09:05 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

A lot of these things are firmly grounded in reality, while others are indeed quite "out there".. The truth lies in the eye of the beholder.

Not even close. Belief may be in the eye of the beholder, but truth is independent of the observer. Any specific Crop Circle is either a hoax or it is not. There is no fuzzy middle ground where two groups come together and both are partially right.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Atlantis found? [Re: champ]
    #485693 - 12/10/01 02:29 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

I also have heard that Atlantis might be under Antarctica. I saw a show on TV that said there was some sort of bizarre disaster on earth about 10,000-12,000 years ago, caused by the polar ice caps becoming too heavy until they unbalanced the poles or something and the entire crust of the planet sort of shifted. According to the show, this is what may have cause Noah's flood and the loss of Antlantis. The show also talked a lot about unbelievably accurate maps of North and South America that were floating around during the middle ages, way before these continents were allegedly "discovered." I wish I could remember more about what they said, it was a really interesting show.

Sounds like a book I read once. It was very good. Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Re: Atlantis found? [Re: cantara]
    #485703 - 12/10/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Pole shit - Shroomism, can you point to any kind of evidence (links, etc) for believing as you do, or is it a point of sheer faith?

I believe the strongest evidence is in the study of iron ore. In certain areas there are large iron ore deposits. Scientists have found that the direction of the magnetic allignment within this ore changes drastically between certain layers. This drastic change indicates the possibility of the Earths magnetic poles shifting.

http://archaeology.about.com/library/glossary/bldef_archaeomagnetic.htm?iam=dpile&terms=magnetic+pole+alignment

http://geography.about.com/library/weekly/aa032299.htm

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Edited by Joshua (12/10/01 03:17 AM)

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Re: Atlantis found? [Re: Swami]
    #485705 - 12/10/01 03:06 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

In reply to:

A lot of these things are firmly grounded in reality, while others are indeed quite "out there".. The truth lies in the eye of the beholder.

Not even close. Belief may be in the eye of the beholder, but truth is independent of the observer. Any specific Crop Circle is either a hoax or it is not. There is no fuzzy middle ground where two groups come together and both are partially right.

Sounds like a philosophical difference. I believe the truth cannot be perceived in whole by our mind due to our limitations of understanding. If the semantics of our understanding are different it is possible for two people to be agreeing in difference and not know or understand. Yet in truth they both may be understanding simularities.

This may bring us to the difference of essence and existance. If we exist and try to understand in terms of essence (such as truth) aren't we speaking in a language of which we do not fully understand? And the converse would also be true.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Atlantis found? [Re: Joshua]
    #485795 - 12/10/01 08:00 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like a philosophical difference. I believe the truth cannot be perceived in whole by our mind due to our limitations of understanding. If the semantics of our understanding are different it is possible for two people to be agreeing in difference and not know or understand. Yet in truth they both may be understanding simularities.

Dear Jesus, more doublespeak! Philosophical difference? What are you babbling about?

This is not an outlook on life. Any specific Crop Circle was either constructed by a human or it was not. Period.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: Atlantis found? [Re: Swami]
    #485873 - 12/10/01 10:31 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I think perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying. When I said truth lies in the eye of the beholder I was reffering to the 'new age beliefs' in general, not crop circles. Crop circles are either made by humans or they are not.

InvisibleSilent_One
Re: Atlantis found? [Re: redworm]
    #486975 - 12/11/01 03:12 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Land which rises or disappears under the sea during severe pole shifts almost invariably inspires legends, and if the land is inhabited or frequented during hunting expeditions, living patterns of the survivors are dramatically disrupted.

Atlantis was land near the current continent of Europe, which was pulled into the Atlantic during the continental rip that accompanies violent pole shifts and thus disappeared dramatically under the sea. This demise was assisted by extraterrestrials, who took advantage of the natural cataclysm to adjust the balance in spiritual orientation influencing developing human spirits, in line with a determination by the Council of Worlds that such an adjustment was needed. Atlantis had been essentially invaded by the giant hominoids from the 12th Planet, who prior to the quarantine that is now in effect were considered simply another hominoid race within your Solar System. Interactions between humans and these hominoids were allowed to proceed without interference, but increasing slavery of humans by these giant hominoids was tripping the balance so that humans were less and less free to choose their orientation based on their true feelings and increasingly influenced by feelings of helplessness. Thus, an adjustment was required.

Lemuria was land on the other side of the world, in the Pacific, which without interference slipped under the waves during a similar pole shift. As with most pacific lands, Lemuria was inhabited by the easy-going peoples of the South Pacific. Thus where the legends about Atlantis are centered around the relative strength and power that Atlanteans had, the legends about Lemuria center around their peaceful outlook. Atlanteans, being the giant hominoids which like humans today had technology, including the use of crystals for communications, seemed god like, and thus the destruction of that land is surmised to be by their own hand. Lemurians, great in number as the land was more than the scattering of islands that exist in the Pacific today, have been deified as a special spiritual race, and all manner of benefits to occur should they somehow return. As is often the case, these lands, in death, are more than they were in life.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Atlantis found? [Re: Silent_One]
    #497171 - 12/20/01 05:32 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I just finished wayching a show on the disocery chanel or TLC..whatever. But there is an archeologist who is convinced that South America is Actually Atlantis...of course he had a bunch of facts and figures to back up his opinion, and many of them were very convincing. Sorry I'm being pretty vague with the info, but I'm beat...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order