Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: spores]
    #4900226 - 11/06/05 11:36 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Well excuse me but there isn't a damn thing at either one of those schools. I merely used the two places as reference points for a VERY general area of where i'm talking about. Not once have i named the locations of my patches. I've read the fuckin rules!.

who are you jadewarrior?? im sure as soon as those guys got away from me they told everyone about the patches.. not to mention one day when i was harvesting, a car packed full of people i know stopped and obviously knew what i was doing. so much for that! this is where having a private patch comes in handy!!
PM me jadewarrior

:rastamon:

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: sacred_mushroom]
    #4900239 - 11/06/05 11:41 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I don't care if there's anything growing there anymore or what you were using the schools as in your description of the area.

DONT POST THE NAMES OF SCHOOLS HERE, PERIOD.

that better? or do you honestly need me to explain to you why posting the names of schools you found schedule 1 controlled substances growing by on a public forum is a bad idea?

DH

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: spores]
    #4900253 - 11/06/05 11:46 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I understand, i just assumed that it was alright to use names as reference points. Both schools mentioned are at least half a mile away in opposite directions from the location. They have nothing to do with my patches... just a harmless mistake.

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
mycologically driven individual
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: sacred_mushroom]
    #4907416 - 11/07/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

sorry, didn't know it wasn't allowed....i never said any high school names though, i just said 'the high school'

i checked, and all 3 of my patches had been raided pretty much. the first someone had picked a ton (luckily only the big ones) of big ones, some looking like they were snipped with scissors, some looking like they were ripped out with chunks of mycelium on the ends. they left all of them behind though, i just walked around picking up a bunch of already cut mushrooms off the ground. the 2nd patch had moved....there were absolutely no shrooms where thye were before, but my girlfriend found a few small ones in a wood chip patch, i ran over, moved a few wood chips, and found insane amount of pins, it's gonna be something fantastc in a few days if it keeps raining...the third spot in the persons yard looked like they mowed their lawn or something, cause the shrooms were all chopped up and fucked...

i still got those 2 though...i'm gonnakeep on hunting for more, i've gotten a few tips on parks to look in and such. IM me if you want to talk about it, maybe i'll tell you about my spots if you tell me about yours, or possibly want to go on a hunt. alright, peace

also, what can i do about drying my shroomies out? the FAQ about preserving them is no help. only useful one on there was putting them in the oven at 90-100 degrees, and not over...my ovens only goes as low as 150. whta can i do?

monkey

--------------------
[url=http:

Edited by SuchSmartMonkeys (11/07/05 11:36 PM)

Offlinenihilistninja
new but enthused
Loc: olympia, wa
Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: SuchSmartMonkeys]
    #4915588 - 11/09/05 09:54 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

the rage. THE RAGE!

--------------------
we have art in order to not die of truth.
- nietzsche

Offlinehitmang
soldier
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portland Flag
Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: nihilistninja]
    #8108252 - 03/05/08 08:45 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but this seems relevant. I recently moved the Olympia area and am interested in shroomery. I know its not quite season yet, but I went for a walk today and wanted to put up a couple pics of what I found. I don't have much experience with shrooms, other than buying little baggies of dried ones. If anyone in the area is looking for a buddy to go hunting with, I'm your guy. Otherwise, I may have to go back to buying.

They were all growing in moss near my place. If I have anything of interest, hopefully someone can let me know.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: hitmang]
    #8108399 - 03/05/08 09:07 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

hitmang said:
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but this seems relevant. I recently moved the Olympia area and am interested in shroomery. I know its not quite season yet, but I went for a walk today and wanted to put up a couple pics of what I found. I don't have much experience with shrooms, other than buying little baggies of dried ones. If anyone in the area is looking for a buddy to go hunting with, I'm your guy. Otherwise, I may have to go back to buying.

They were all growing in moss near my place. If I have anything of interest, hopefully someone can let me know.

:foreheadslap:

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #8108657 - 03/05/08 09:49 PM (16 years, 17 days ago)

> If anyone in the area is looking for a buddy to go hunting with, I'm your guy.

Try the gathering forum for that, this is a public forum that doesn't allow looking for hunting partners.

We would be happy to ID your mushrooms but in the future you should make your own thread about them and include more information about the spore print color and what they were growing on.

Rough guesses from left to right:

1) An old mushroom
2) Hard to see what it is, maybe a Stropharia
3) Mycena, probably toxic
4 - 8) Galerina, deadly
9 - 10) Psathyrella, unknown

Nothing active or edible here.

Offlinehitmang
soldier
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portland Flag
Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8108899 - 03/05/08 10:49 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
> If anyone in the area is looking for a buddy to go hunting with, I'm your guy.

Try the gathering forum for that, this is a public forum that doesn't allow looking for hunting partners.

I most definitely would, however I have read that "You will gain access to the Gathering Forum after being a member for more than 60 days and when you have reached more than 100 posts."
Being a noob, I thought I might be able to get away with it.

I do really appreciate the response and attempt to ID my mushrooms.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #8108910 - 03/05/08 10:54 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

>Being a noob, I thought I might be able to get away with it.

Hehehe, no. No one gets away with it. Stick to PM's or wait until you have access to the Gathering Forum. You have a while to wait until next mushroom season anyway.

As alan said, nothing active in that bunch.

--------------------

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: SuchSmartMonkeys]
    #8108919 - 03/05/08 10:57 PM (16 years, 16 days ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Old thread. You got to start your own thread for these sorts of posts, and please follow the forum rules. Other than that, please stick around and use the search:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/search.php

You can most likely find the answer to your question if you use the search.
Spend the time waiting for the season to begin by reading up so you know what to look for when they are growing.

Welcome to the forum!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale