Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGuerrilla0726
Bringer ofChange
Discussion for the Awe/Mysticism of MIRRORS
    #4847318 - 10/24/05 07:42 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

We've all stumbled upon a mirror at some point in our trips; in the hallway, in the bathroom. Different things happen to different people. One of my friends said he morphed into the mirror, some people say that they just look plain f-ed up, i saw myself once and i thought i looked really good and a lot younger, and once thought i had a huge nose and freckles.

SO ANYWAYS, why do such strange things happen? Why do some people freak out.

THEORY THE FIRST:
Well I don't know if any of you have noticed, but shrooms or mj can put you in a much more primitive state of mind/being. Remember that we are in fact juts mammals/animals. When the first man (homeo sapians) walked and lived his life, the ONLY time he ever got to see himself was off of a reflection in water. I assume that the first man/woman didn't make a mirror. And the frequency of seeing your reflection is not great so the 1st man may never have REMEMBERED what he looked like or had a good picture.
Could it be that when you trip and see yourself in the mirror you are juts plain dumbfounded, struck with awe, you don't know what to think or do! I bet part of you finds it creepy, and part of you still can't comprehend what a mirror does. You tend to lose the "assumptions and imprints of reality" when you trip, as Timothy Leary calls it.
For my theory about being primitive, I've just made MANY MANY little observations about how I at when I'm tripping or even high. I use less manners, am super-protective of my home, never like to share anything, some things like that.
Now I tend to think this way about being more primitive, but I'm sure there are many ways that show you aren't being more primitive and like an ape. I tend to completely analyze all of my actions and thoughts when I'm tripping or high.

THEORY THE SECOND:
Pure ego-mind games. You are more unbiased and I assume that in every person there is a self-image even if they never consciously think about them-self. Seeing yourself in the mirror just makes you immediately shift your thoughts towards yourself and nothing else. Why would you think about something else? It is like if you walk outside you won't start imagining you are playing a video game, if you see a naked chic you wont start thinking about eating (food).

What do you guys think goes on consciously and subconsciously. Does it have to do a lot with self-concept and worrying about yourself? Or is it just to f-ed up to see an exact replication of yourself? Or both. Please feel free to share your experiences too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Discussion for the Awe/Mysticism of MIRRORS [Re: Guerrilla0726]
    #4847381 - 10/24/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I was always of the opinion that looking into a mirror while bemushroomed was like a mini-version of ego-loss. The difference is that instead of being exposed to your pure Self, you see a physical representation of the Self, which stirs emotions deeply ingrained in the Self. Just like ego-loss, some people are intrigued by what they see, and others just can't handle it.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale