Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRealnuggetz
Just a friend of the family
Male User Gallery

Loc: SF/NYC biCoastal
Cobweb disaster!
    #4842844 - 10/23/05 07:28 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

My friend has 12 casings in a greenhouse that are grain/poo spawned in a 1/5 ratio and have been spawn running for a little over 3 weeks now. Most of the casings, which are wrapped in plastic bags are colonised fully and most have a growing case of cobweb. HOW DO I GET RID OF IT AND GET THESE BABYS TO COLONISE. Poo was tenn stud. No conams in grain bags used.

--------------------
Nothin left to do but smile smile smile

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: Cobweb disaster! [Re: Realnuggetz]
    #4842877 - 10/23/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I hear a little H2O2 1-10 with water will disolve it on contact. Are you absolutly sure its cobweb. Sometimes the mycellium isn't allways super white when its only thin on top of the substrate

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Invisiblejarroddupont
I shroom we Allshroom

Loc: midwest of ...
Re: Cobweb disaster! [Re: musher_420]
    #4843023 - 10/23/05 07:59 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

musher, lmao @ your sig

--------------------
P. Cubensis Growth Parameters
"All mushrooms are edible, but some only once."
-- Croatian Proverb

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Cobweb disaster! [Re: Realnuggetz]
    #4843134 - 10/23/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Cobweb generally comes from humidity that is too high.
:bottledup:
If your casings are wrapped in plastic, then the water is probably condensing on the underside (top) of the plastic, and dripping to the casing layer - probably creating a pool or over-saturated environment.

I would remove the plastic to start. Even if they are not ready to pin, I would fan to try and displace some of the moisture. Keep the humidity lower. Sure, it might induce un-even pinning. But what is worse - ruined casings or un-even pinning?

The good news about cobweb is that it won't make your shrooms poisonous. The bad news is that it will probably cause lots of aborts, and will also fight for nutes.

Fan, lower humidity.

Also, h202 has not helped with cobweb IME. I think it is because of two factors:

1. What you can see (and therefore, what you can mist) are the spores of cobweb, not the source. From my understanding, it's like the green part of trich. You can rub it off but it's not going anywhere.

2. You are only adding more water to an already way to wet casing.

I could be wrong, but thats what I understand.

Corrections?

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract