Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFraudulent
Stranger
Friend was wondering some stuff. (please reply)
    #4837712 - 10/22/05 11:20 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

My buddy wants to take 2 grams of mushies tonight, but he doesnt know some stuff so i told him i knew a place i could ask.

He wieghs about 160lbs if that matters and he wants to know

a: how long it will last.
b: the "level" of trip he should expect.
and i think he also wanted to know
c: how long it will take to kick in.

Im sorry if this is the wrong place or if i should use the search menu, but i dont know how to search for this, and he was looking to do this tonight, so i figured this would hopefully be the place to quick answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Friend was wondering some stuff. (please reply) [Re: Fraudulent]
    #4837919 - 10/22/05 12:35 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

a) Most likely 4-8 hours depending on method of consumption. (It's easier to absorb psilocybin in water (tea) than it is to digest an entire mushroom, trip reports in which lemon or cranberry juice was used has suggested the effects can wear off even quicker)

b) Again, this depends on the method of consumption, strain, time of last meal, potency, and dose. 2 grams is a good first dose. If he's nervous you can always ease him in by giving him 1 gram and waiting a half hour or so to decide if he wants the second gram. Although keep in mind that method of consumption also plays a part in this, the rate at which psilocybin is absorbed will also determine how much you trip (faster absortion = more intense/shorter trip). NOTE: the lemon juice/cranberry method supposedly can cause someone to trip equivalent to 5 times the dose they took (estimate, experiences likely varied, just 1 estimate I remembered off the top of my head) so I would not suggest that for a firt-timer. Although eating nothing for 24 hours prior and consuming 2 grams of reasonably potent shrooms I'd say anywhere between a level 2-3 trip. Personaly I don't like to go into the trip wondering what level I'll reach, for me it's more of a "whatever happense is what happense, 6 hours of happiness, learning, whatever I get from the trip is worth however much money I spent, whether it's an intense trip or just a mild one.

c) Again, depends on the mushrooms, I've had some that slowly came on gradualy, I've had others that did nothing until I suddenly came up unexpectingly and rapidly. On average though I'd say that the come up would usualy last roughly 40 minutes to an hour. But each mushroom is different, just don't get annoyed if they take awhile to kick in, and don't be surprised if they hit you suddenly in a matter of minutes (not minutes after ingestion, but once you start seeing those first twists on the ground, breathing of walls, thinking differently, etc). Making tea will help them come on quicker, chugging a glass of tea will result in a much faster come up that will probably hit you harder as opposed to drinking it slow over time. Personaly I don't eat for 24 hours prior to dosing (maybe a couple pickles) and then just eat the mushrooms straight, chewing them up for awhile and sucking out the juices (it's easier if you don't think about the taste too much).

Offlineart
Stranger
Re: Friend was wondering some stuff. (please reply) [Re: StickyWater]
    #4838203 - 10/22/05 02:01 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

If neither of you know much about shrooms, then I would suggest spending the day reading up on them. Read trip reports, different discussions, and information. I really wish I had done more research before my first trip, it would have been a way better experience.

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: Friend was wondering some stuff. (please reply) [Re: art]
    #4838268 - 10/22/05 02:35 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

just tell him shut up and eat the caps.

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Friend was wondering some stuff. (please reply) [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4838672 - 10/22/05 04:55 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Remember this website:
www.erowid.org
It has all the answers you need and more.

Also, if you want an accurate answer to any of your questions, we need to know what kind of mushrooms you have, if they are fresh or dry, whole or minced/powdered, how tall he is (weight is irrelevant), and his history with drugs (preferably psychedelics) if at all possible.

(a) ~6 hours.

(b & c) Totally dependent on the mushrooms, and we have no idea what those are yet so don't expect an accurate answer.
If you bought them, then they are most likely whole, dry, Psilocybe cubensis.
After this fact, we still need to know how tall he is and what his history with drugs is. If the above 3 factors about your mushrooms are true, then you can expect them to take anywhere from 45min to an hour to start kicking in. The initial giddiness and lightweight feeling may be achieved in 20 - 30 min.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Friend was wondering some stuff. (please reply) [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4839587 - 10/22/05 10:09 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KidgardFromSRQ said:
just tell him shut up and eat the caps.

yup

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineFraudulent
Stranger
Re: Friend was wondering some stuff. (please reply) [Re: incubaby_421]
    #4839624 - 10/22/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks all, especially StickyWater.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains