Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSyd_barret
The Greatest
NEED SERIOUS HELP PLEASE REPLY
    #480046 - 12/04/01 08:58 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, for the past 2-3 weeks I have been trying to get about 20 or so jars to colonize... after a week, i dumped 10 of them and tried again.. its been around 3-4 days now with the new 10 and not one shows any signs of myco
NOT ONE

I followed the MMGG to every single word, and inocculated with the strain golden teacher and B+ from sporeworks..
I used a pressure cooker to sterlize with 15psi this time and kept the jars in a completely dark room after injected with spores.. where they have gotten temps of around 63-75 the past few days (a bit cold, but I think this would only slow myco growth not kill it, right?)

Anyways any advice is appreciated
THANKS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP PLEASE REPLY [Re: Syd_barret]
    #480052 - 12/04/01 09:03 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

This isnt good.

In the past few weeks I have seen a lot of reports of inoculations that didnt do shit. Does anyone else get the feeling that the radiating of the mail is really starting to hit home in a major way?

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineSyd_barret
The Greatest
Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP PLEASE REPLY [Re: Jammer]
    #480055 - 12/04/01 09:04 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I got the spores around early to mid november

Offlinepl151

#480110 - 12/04/01 10:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i just innoculated recently as well with b+ spores from hawkseye that i just received this sat. too early to tell just yet but will def let ya know if anythins happening with my spores and any growth

--------------------
the truth and reason for the above post has been diminished by its very beginning..holding no facts,, but squeezing every bit of fiction...

how 'bout a hug??...

Offlinedioze1
Satans minion inthe war onlaughter
Loc: Up a hogs ass looking for...
    #480116 - 12/04/01 10:13 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Wait ten days then worry. I have seen it take two weeks to get growth. 7-10 days is normal. Don't worry! They will work.
Dioze1

--------------------
Not all that wander are lost.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP PLEASE REPLY [Re: pl151]
    #480119 - 12/04/01 10:14 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I'm really starting to wonder. It's not just the posts/replies on the 'shroom sites. My friends have been haveing the same problem recently with prints/sringies not amounting to anything. Totaly sterile "nuttin happening" jars. I hope that I'm wrong about the raidating mail being the cause. But if it is, we know that saveing lives is a damm good reason for our inconvience.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlinemastreo
journeyman
    #480136 - 12/04/01 10:35 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Spores are not the only thing being sent through the post offices. Seeds will not germinate when radiated,film will turn black, electronic equipment will be damaged. CD's and memory sticks are being sent through the mail all the time. The post office will notify you if your sent/recieved mail will be radiated. Millions of dollars are at stake here. They will notify you.

OfflineOLD_NEWBIE
journeyman
    #480144 - 12/04/01 10:53 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Don't worry,
I'm a newbie and had the same problem,(impatience). My jars are just showing their first signs of growth and they are six days old. Givem time. And yes the cold should not kill them, Just slow growth.

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #480260 - 12/05/01 12:40 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

3-4 days is nothing with your temps as low as they are, when temps get below 70 sometimes they won't even germinate. try and keep your temps up a little higher and just give them time, anything below 70 is to damn low though.

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

#480268 - 12/05/01 12:48 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

don't worry my friends jars r usually at about 71-72 but venture to 68-75. It took about a week for them to show signs of colonization. The cold really does slow them down. Its been about a month and they jars are almost done colonizing. just a few little spots on the bottoms. I think 6 of them r fully colonized. I heard its good to wait a week after they are fully colonized. is this really necissary? After waiting a month my friend really wants to get them in his tank and harvest as soon as possible.

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP PLEASE REPLY [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #480291 - 12/05/01 01:14 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I'd agree that the cooler temps are probably slowing them down...I try to colonise as close to 85-86*F as possible & last time saw growth beginning within 4-5 days or so with sp0res, but with agar it was 1-2......at this temp...

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #480326 - 12/05/01 02:27 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

it's not written in stone Tera, but it does help, and yes it helps the yields as well. if you're that impaitent just birth them, but waiting the extra week or two has seemed to help me.

OfflineSyd_barret
The Greatest
    #480946 - 12/05/01 04:30 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

cool thanks everyone

OfflineMattycelium

Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP PLEASE REPLY [Re: pl151]
    #482978 - 12/07/01 11:04 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

any myco growth yet on those jars you innoculated sat?

--------------------
the cubensis planet is full of magical fruits

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
    #483003 - 12/07/01 11:40 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hey jammer...you may be on to something!!! i rec'd a b+ syringe from ralphster which i innoculated honey water with about 10 days ago and there is NO mycelia growth and i can still see the black specks (spores) floating in the honey water.
but Ralph told us so...we didn't listen.

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP PLEASE REPLY [Re: XAZIA]
    #483017 - 12/07/01 11:53 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

sorry...i don't mean to spread panic or false info...i am not saying that mail irraidiation is what happened to my syringe, just a theory. i can only speak of my personal experiences. i don't want to get flamed for saying that and it is not true.

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP PLEASE REPLY [Re: XAZIA]
    #483079 - 12/07/01 01:00 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I would think that mail not labeled as containing materials sensitive to radiation and being mailed "to" or "from" areas that are deemed "high risk" are definitely going to get radiated. The question is "who labels their packages?" or takes precautions to prevent this?

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

OfflineFantazee
journeyman
Loc: New England
Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP PLEASE REPLY [Re: Billyblastoff]
    #483731 - 12/08/01 01:16 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Once again folks I'll say it...I live in the north east...I got my spore syringes from Lil Shop o' Spores...They arrived within days of my order (thanks gus!!!0 and they are growing very well in their little honey water hotel...If you check my posts, you'll see that just a few days ago I was wondering when I'd see signs of life...Now it's like my spores have exploded onto the scene...I can see the spores germinating ang growing every day...PATIENCE is the key...as for "Radiated Mail"...doesn't anybody read...There aren't more than 1 or 2 post offices nationwide that are currently using radiation...It's simply too expensive and the equipment is too scarce...Relax and try not to worry...It's like any other disaster...when it hits...YOU'LL KNOW IT!!!

...and you'll adjust...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract