Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: Nitrous whippets? [Re: monolith4]
    #4758595 - 10/05/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Take vitamine B-12 if you do alot of nitrous.

I heard it kills braincells, but I dont know

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Nitrous whippets? [Re: kotik]
    #4782111 - 10/10/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
Quote:

noticably dumber from using them?

absolutely. I strongly advise against doing more than say, 1 of these. They tend to earn their name, as hippie CRACK.

they cause very obvious physical side effects after 1 day of constant (ab)use that can last for quite a while. including breathing, headaches, constant brainfarts, and what i guess you could call a lack of motor skills to varied degrees.. like unable to put words / sentences together, etc)

I will certainly vouch for them making you dumber after using them. I don't know to what extent it is permanent, but I don't have much interest in them.

Wow, you are the first person I've seen on these forums that has been so sure of themselves as to the "factual" dangers of Nitrous.

Well I am here to say that I am a walking example, as well as absolutely sure of myself that I'm going to disprove most all of what you said in your post, within 5 minutes.

First of all, I've done probably close to 3-4 THOUSAND nitrous oxide whippits and balloons from medical tanks a few hundred times. If any side effects were as bad as you make them sound, I definitely would have run across them at one point or another. In fact... by the way you make it sound I should be a braindead slob sitting in some nursing home in a vegetative state.

But I'm not! In fact out of my group of friends, it seems that I advancing (mentally) at a much faster pace than them. Articulation, short term and long term memory functions, fine motor skills.... All of them are perfectly fine and developed normally.

Now there are side effects. It's called the hangover period. Fortunately for Nitrous, the hangover lasts MUCH less than that of say Alcohol or even the fuzziness you get after a LSD trip. After inhaling a box or 2 of Nitrous (24-48 whippits), the hangover for me as well as most of my friends lasts about 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. Slight headache, dry mouth, teeth kinda hurt from blowing cold air on them for the past 2 hours, and it definitely slows down your cognative abilities for that time period. Afterwards of course, you return to normal.

The key elements to remember about proper use of Nitrous is to make sure that you are getting enough oxygen in between hits and make sure you get enough vitamin B-12 to keep that pesky fine nerve numbness away (although I have never actually experienced this).

My personal record for nitrous consumption is 13 1/2 boxes in a 5 hour period. I don't know why I did it and things definitely got pretty fuckin weird after about the 3rd or 4th box, but I woke up the next morning feeling for the most part fine. In fact I went straight from my friends house, swept the HUNDREDS of empty whippits out of my car (I had him drive me around town while he was running errands) and went to class to take my Art History test, in which I was the only one to actually pass (with a 104% I might add).

I'm rambling and inflating my ego now so I'll recap and call it a day. When done properly Nitrous is quite safe and quite fun. While it can be (and I can't put enough emphasis on this) EXTREMELY mentally addictive while you have a supply or access to it, and generally a huge waste of money unless you are tripping or rolling, it is quite safe.

Remember this isnt duster or freon. It's used in medical offices all over the world and is specifically designed for human consumption, even food grade whippits are relatively safe (except for that fuckin oily residue which I'm sure isn't that great for lungs).

All I'm saying is even when taken to the extreme, like what I did, it really didn't impact me mentally or otherwise. Sure theres a hangover, but it's a hell of a lot shorter than that of Alcohol or even cannabis for some people.

Take it at face value, these are my personal experiences. But I feel very confident that it goes across the board, having seen my friends that have done almost as much nitrous as me.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Offlinepinkfloyydd
Mycologist
Loc: Good old Manchester (UK)
Re: Nitrous whippets? [Re: deff]
    #4833092 - 10/21/05 04:26 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Holding your breath floods the brain with co2, in turn killing brain cells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: Nitrous whippets? [Re: pinkfloyydd]
    #4835698 - 10/21/05 07:02 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

always wanted to try nitrous while tripping

--------------------
never be afraid to let your mind explore, just know what you are getting into b4 you jump in the deep end, and do your research on this site and erowid.com

OfflineOlllie
Stranger
Re: Nitrous whippets? [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #4837095 - 10/22/05 03:39 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

it can be (and I can't put enough emphasis on this) EXTREMELY mentally addictive while you have a supply or access to it

I'll agree with that. It's so fun that you just want more and more to reach that trippy state it can put you in. My friend bought about a thousands whippets off the internet and we just sit there doing it for hours at a time! It's great for selling at parties because people will just constantly buy it for ?1 per balloon.

Offlinenitrowhippits

#25109387 - 04/02/18 07:25 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

No, Nitrous does not kill brain cells. Oxygen deprivation potentially could, but you would need to hold your breath for 5 or more minutes to do so. Fortunately the human body has evolved to pass out in about 2 minutes due to oxygen deprivation, or longer depending on an individual's lung capacity, to prevent this. So as long as a nitrous user doesn't block both their mouth and nose airways, or ties anything around their necks, no nitrous doesn't kill any brain cells at all. Long time user here, I'm perfectly fine and read a book a week.

How to do Whippets/N2O. Perfect Guide

Whippets are a popular drug that dates back to the 1700's, where members of the nobility would synthesize the gas N2O, aka Di-nitrogen Monoxide, and then inhale it causing those participating to go into rolling fits of laughter. Thus its more widely known name today: Laughing Gas. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide#/media/File:Doctor_and_Mrs_Syntax,_with_a_party_of_friends,_experimentin_Wellcome_L0022227.jpg 

The most common name for this drug these days are Whippets, as it is the same gas that is inside whipped cream dispensers. It's used for this as N2O is a largely unusable gas for a vast majority of bacteria, thus significantly increasing the shelf life of whipped cream, as well as other foods. There is also the likely benefit that if an individual ingests some of this gas, it has the tendency to put them in a good mood :wink:.
Whippits consist of the molecule: N2O, Dinitrogen Monoxide, Nitrus Oxide, or just Nitrus for short.
Street names for Whippets can be: Whippets, Laughing Gas, NOS, Nitro, the Epiphany Drug, or Hippy Crack as hippies apparently like epiphany's...

As I stated, N2O is Laughing Gas. Laughing Gas is used by both doctors and dentists alike in the modern world, although its primarily used by dentists these days to ease the transition of anesthetics as patients fall unconscious. The reason I say this is because N2O has absolutely no long term negative effects if used responsibly. IF used RESPONSIBLY. Which is why both doctors and dentists can and will use it if it is appropriate for the procedure.

Inhaling N2O has a variety of side effects, but the primary 4 are as follows:
- Very minor, to significant audio and visual hallucinations.
- A physical euphoric sensation.
- Enhancement of emotions, as well as empathy.
- The sensation of “discovery,” thus one of its street names; the Epiphany Drug.
I'm going to go in a little more depth with this side effect because it can be more dangerous than it sounds... If an individuals blood becomes sufficiently saturated with this drug, said person or people tend to get the sensation that everything is much more important than it is... Or that everything is much more amazing and wonderful than it is...
Now this effect has been known to be dangerous because, for example; some individuals may have a very loose grasp on reality, or might be extremely religious, and this side effect can combine with the first side effect I stated which was; Very minor to significant audiovisual hallucinations. So a religious individual might be thinking of God, or Jesus, or the Devil, have a hallucination based on that, and due to the effect of causing a person to have a sensation of epiphany or discovery... They might think that God, or Jesus, or the Devil are actually talking to them and that what they're experiencing is real and not a hallucination... Personally, I've met around 20 people that have done this drug and only 1 of them fell for this very simple trick of the mind... Please don't be that person.

Other more minor side effects of this drug can be:
- Some mild time dilation effects. Meaning that time can feel like it is moving more quickly or more slowly than it actually is while this drug is actively in a person's lungs.
- A person's head or limbs might feel heavier than they actually are. This is generally because said persons body is trying to relax due to the effects of the drug.
- This drug changes the rate at which the human eye captures images or video.
The average person's eye captures “around” 60 frames per second (fps). While on this drug the relative fps of a person's eye is significantly lowered. It's been known that some shows, particularly anime, will have images or video superimposed into the show that flash in these lower frequencies so that those who have this drug in their systems will see them, while sober people won't... Yep. Seriously. The way to tell the difference between these very real implanted images, and a hallucination, is to simply rewind and re-watch the scene. If the same image or video is seen, then it is most likely not a hallucination. It is generally very rare for a hallucination to repeat itself. Kind of like lightning striking twice.
- Shortness of breath, because it's an inhalant.

Note: N2O is non-addictive in any way, shape, or form. The human body becomes immune to the drug and its effects far before it can ever develop any physiological "need" for it. 
Which isn't to say a physiological "need" could never be forced... But a person would have to ingest thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of the drug over multiple months to stand even the most remote chance of making this a reality. It would be equivalent to developing an addiction to cheese or dairy. But where there is a will there's a way, as they say. 

Whippets are entirely legal to purchase and own in the US as well as in most other countries, including Japan. Which may be why many popular anime shows may have sections which are designed to be witnessed with this drug in people's systems. However, whippets are illegal to inhale in many countries including the US as well as Japan. This is because if inhaled the gas N2O can get people high... Yep. The problem with them being legal to own, but not to inhale, is that it's extremely difficult to prosecute someone for inhaling a colorless gas... You pretty much have to catch someone going through the entire process of dispensing this gas into a balloon, and then inhaling said gas, to have a chance of legal action against them. So if a person is in their own home... You can guess how likely that is.

I will now outline the responsible use of this drug and how "some" may do it, including risks and side effects.

Step 1. Buy some Whippet Chargers. An individual can purchase these in most Smoke Shops, of they are 18+ years of age. You could also probably find them in culinary stores, as again they're used for whipped cream. Here's a reliable online website: 
http://www.creamright.com/WHIPPITS.html
Purewhip is a great brand. Again, entirely legal to purchase and own. Illegal to inhale.

Step 2. Buy a Whippet "Cracker." Basically this: 

You can find these in Smoke Shops for like $10, or online. Or you could get really fancy and get an actual Whipped Cream dispenser. 

Step 3. Buy some balloons. Regular balloons can work, but I recommend "Punch Balloons." Like these: 
https://www.thecuriouscaterpillar.co.uk/punch-balloon.html
When the gas leaves the Whippet Chargers it can be very sudden and very cold because gases tend to dispel their heat when compressed. So when they are no longer compressed, things can get quite chilly... Punch balloons will hold up against the sudden temperature drop, and expansion as they are filled with N2O, far better than regular balloons. 
You can actually just find these at Walmart, or even possibly that same Smoke Shop. 

I also highly recommend buying a $1-2 pack of disposable straws. Because putting your hands all over the mouth of a balloon, and then putting your mouth on that balloons mouth... Kinda gross. Seriously, use a straw. Please. 

Step 4. Pul all these ingredients together! I posted this video for Step 2., but I'm going to post it again just in case you missed it:

Note: When the has is released from a Whippet Charger it can be a bit loud. Not dangerously loud, but loud enough that anyone within 100 feet will likely notice.

Step 5. In its simplest form... Inhale the gas from the balloon.
Now I'm going to get into a little bit of the nitty gritty details about how some do this drug...:
- First off, this drug is slow to absorb into the bloodstream. Most people will say that hyperventilating into a balloon is the way to do it... But they're all wrong, and here's why: 
The best way to get this drug into your bloodstream is to inhale about 1/3 to ½ of the balloon immediately, then simply sip on the remaining gas in the balloon for the next 30 seconds to minute or more, depending simply on what you are most comfortable with. Comfort is key. With this technique the gas will remain in a person's lungs for the longest amount of time, thus being absorbed into said person's bloodstream. Once a person gets the technique down, they can modify it to suit themselves better. Everybody's body is different, and that's okay!
Note: This gas is N2O, which is 2 Nitrogen atoms connected to 1 Oxygen atom. So this drug is roughly %30 Oxygen. As the drug is metabolized in a person's bloodstream, some Oxygen will be released. So if you find yourself holding your breath for unusually long times with this gas in your lungs, that's probably why.
- Now I highly recommend not attempting to recycle the gas in a balloon once it's already been inhaled. That is, I recommend not exhaling back into the balloon to reuse the gas once you've caught your breath. This is because your lungs expire CO2, that is Carbon Dioxide, which will significantly dilute the N2O in the balloon... I highly recommend opening a new Whippet Charger each time you wish to absorb more.
- A person can do anywhere from 1 Whippet Charger to around 70 at a time. A person could do more than 70 at once, but I don't recommend it. This is because a person's body will start to become immune to this gas after a while. Once a person reaches around 70 of these at once using the correct technique, they will begin to notice diminishing returns. That is, each Charger won't have as much of an affect as the previous one... Unfortunately this effect can build daily, and lasts for around 1-2 weeks... Meaning if a person intended to inhale these every day... Well sorry, it's just not going to work. The human body has evolved to become immune to most things through exposure. Do you have a friend that never eats anything with sugar in it, and another friend that eats sugary treats all the time? When the friend that never eats anything with sugar in it drinks a sugary soda, all that sugar affects them significantly more than someone who drinks a soda every day, right? Sorry, the same thing happens with N2O. This is a weekly, to bi-weekly way to spend a relatively quiet evening at home. 
- Once the person exhales the N2O from their lungs, they will immediately begin to sober up. After only one Whippet Charger, i.e. one balloon, it will take a matter of minutes for the person to become completely sober. After an hour or so of letting the N2O get absorbed into their bloodstream, it can take up to an hour for a person to completely sober up. But the moment a person exhales the gas, they will noticeably and immediately begin to sober up. Take this information as you will.

Note: I also feel I should note here that: the atmosphere on Earth is about %78 Nitrogen, and %21 Oxygen. So these atoms are entirely naturally occurring, and you probably even have some combined N2O in your lungs at this moment even if you haven't inhaled a Whippet Charger. It's all naturally occurring, just not in as high of quantities as are in a Whippet Charger.
Now, N2O has a strong effect on both the audio and visual centers of the brain. This said, it's been known to be extremely enjoyable to watch things or shows while on this drug. Some shows are actually specifically designed to be watched while high on N2O. Shows such as, in order from best to worst;
1. RedLine (the animated movie)
2. RWBY (Seasons 1-2 are a must see. Unfortunately the creator of the show died before season 3 was finished, and some other idiot took control of it and drove it into the ground... He got fired thankfully, but it still gets very rocky after that. Honestly I wouldn't recommend wasting any N2O after season 3... In fact I would recommend not using any N2O at all after season 3...)
3. Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV

There are a variety of other shows, mostly anime as again N2O is legal to own in Japan, that give subtle nods to N2O. Like; Kill la Kill, Slayers, or the video game series Xenosaga, and a great many more which I'm not going to list. So feel free to explore. I also highly recommend watching them in decent HD quality... You'll see why.

Lastly, but not least, the dangers of N2O and how to do them irresponsibly (Seriously, pay attention because these are the only ways this drug can be dangerous to an individual):
1. Again; This drug creates the sensation of “discovery,” thus one of its street names; the Epiphany Drug.
Now this effect has been known to be dangerous because, for example; some individuals may have a very loose grasp on reality, or might be extremely religious, and this side effect can combine with the first side effect I stated, which was; Very minor to significant audiovisual hallucinations. So a religious individual might be thinking of God, or Jesus, or the Devil, have a hallucination based on that, and due to the effect of causing a person to have a sensation of epiphany... They might think that God, or Jesus, or the Devil are talking to them, and that what's happening is real and not a hallucination... Personally I've met around 20 people that have done this drug, and only 1 of them fell for this trick of the mind... Please don't be that person.
2. Some people have gotten the bright idea, to choke themselves while their lungs are full of this drug in order to prolong the time for it to be absorbed by their system... Some people have filled bags with this gas, and then put those bags over their heads. Others have tied belts around their necks, to prevent themselves from exhaling... Just don't do anything that blocks both your mouth and nose airways at the same time... Just don't do it. If you put a bag over your head, it may work and get that person higher... But it's been recorded numerous times where people have done this, passed out with the bag still on their heads, and suffocated to death... Don't do this. Just don't. Others have tied the belt around their necks thinking that if they pass out they'll simply release the belt and stop blocking their airway... But then the clasp or some other part of the belt will catch, and numerous people have been known to suffocate to death this way... Just don't do anything whatsoever to block both your airways, or tie anything around your neck. Don't even do it while sober. It's just a dumb idea. Don't be that person who dies in a pathetic and humiliating way, and ruins it for everybody else.
3. This effect is less dangerous, but always very inconvenient and sometime jarring. N2O weighs slightly more than air. If you want proof of this; fill 1 balloon up with regular air from your lungs, then fill another balloon up with N2O. The balloon with N2O will sag downwards noticeably more than the balloon with regular old air. So, when a person fills their lungs up with this drug, even after they exhale a decent amount of this drug remains in that person's lungs. Sometimes even for days after... This can cause some of the drugs effects to kick in at inconvenient times during said person's life... In order to avoid this, I know it sounds silly, but turn your body upside down. Find a chair or couch, and sit upside-down for a few minutes and let the heavier N2O drain from the lungs. In addition to eliminating any inconvenient side effects of the drug suddenly becoming apparent the next day, this will also decrease the time it takes for said persons immunity to the drug to go back down. Meaning, said person can do more of the drug, more often, simply by completely eliminating it from their lungs by letting the gas drain out once they're finished.
4. Just remember that this is a drug. It makes you see and hear things that aren't there. And it's an emotional enhancer. Sometimes these effects can combine and make you see things based on your own mood. None of it's is ever real. If you think something is real, write it down on a notepad, and read it when you've completely sobered up. If it still seems like a good idea sober, then maybe it really was a good idea. But probably not...
That said, a neat trick to make hallucinations go away is to rapidly blink your eyes. At least 3 times in a row. Hallucinations are based on attention, and blinking disturbs your attention and thus hallucinations. Even audio one's for some reason. So if you see or hear something you don't want to, or you can't tell if what you're seeing is actually a hallucination or not; rapid blink your eyes! It will dispel all that is not real. Stay safe, and have fun :).

OfflineSizlChest
Padawan
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Nitrous whippets? [Re: nitrowhippits]
    #25109683 - 04/02/18 09:59 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

NECRO!!!!!!

--------------------
PrimalSoup's Tea Tek

"I always say the tea is like eating a burning tire covered in dog shit while someone steps on your nuts. Good luck!"
"Hell, shrooms have blown up from under me and kicked my ass on 2 grams once."
"I think ill eat some shrooms right about now, and ill continue to until it doesnt feel like the right thing to do."

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Nitrous whippets? [Re: SizlChest]
    #25111911 - 04/03/18 07:32 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Please keep nitros posts in Other Drugs Discussion.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinenitrowhippits

Re: Nitrous whippets? [Re: Rose]
    #25114579 - 04/04/18 08:24 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, I didn't start this thread I was just answering a question.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Nitrous whippets? [Re: nitrowhippits]
    #25114641 - 04/04/18 09:03 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Necro post, question was asked 12 years ago.  :laugh2:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #25114643 - 04/04/18 09:03 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
See above post.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom