Home | Community | Message Board


FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefrankbags
Stranger
Registered: 12/07/01
Posts: 1
Last seen: 14 years, 11 months
Purple mold? Will I die?
    #483416 - 12/07/01 08:46 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

I recently put my fully colonizied cakes in my terr. The cakes were 100% free of any cont. I could see. I put them in and maybe 3-5 days later I had a huge flush of mushrooms on two cakes THEN I noticed a very small spot of blu/purple on one and a small blue/purple GROWTH on the other.
There must be 100+ pinheads on these two alone and they are growing rapidly and I have been working on this for 1 1/2 and don't want to throw this out. Someone please tell me that these plentiful mushrooms are ok to eat? I don't want to die. But I do want to trip this week:(


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineflaw
enthusiast
Registered: 01/30/99
Posts: 169
Last seen: 14 years, 7 months
Re: Purple mold? Will I die? [Re: frankbags]
    #484250 - 12/08/01 06:44 PM (15 years, 20 hours ago)

Well, if any of your shrooms had reached maturity and dropped their spores I think there would be several replies in here telling you not to worry - it is merely spores. But since you say this is a growth I can see how it may worry you. You can do a few things, you can sterilise a scalpel (or alternative) cut it out and spray with a H202/H20 solution and hope it won't come back or you can just watch its progress and make sure it doesn't spread or take a hold of the cakes.

Generally speaking when contamination actually does start doing damage your shrooms rot, in which case you would not eat them. But I have no experience with this color mold you talk about nor is this 100% fact (what I am saying) , it has never been proved wrong in my experience but thats not to say this couldn't be an exception.

So, my advice is either cut it out or watch carefully and hope for the best.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMavrick127
newbie
Registered: 11/26/01
Posts: 33
Last seen: 14 years, 10 months
Re: Purple mold? Will I die? [Re: flaw]
    #497309 - 12/20/01 10:22 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

If there was a little greenish mold growing on the cakes, would it be ok to eat them?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemystic1
addict
Registered: 10/12/01
Posts: 410
Last seen: 14 years, 7 months
Re: Purple mold? Will I die? [Re: frankbags]
    #497546 - 12/21/01 04:19 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

is it blue or purple


--------------------
realize,realize,realize
real eyes, realize, real lies
http://www.shroomery.org/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=399368&fpart=1



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineflaw
enthusiast
Registered: 01/30/99
Posts: 169
Last seen: 14 years, 7 months
Re: Purple mold? Will I die? [Re: mystic1]
    #498419 - 12/22/01 03:07 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Green mold is fairly obvious when it hits your mushrooms as it rots them. If your shrooms rot you're not going to eat them are you? no - because they look like a pile of stinking black goo.

Green mold is fairly harmless to you - that is as long as you're not allergic to peniciilin. Don't eat any green mold if you can avoid it and if you don't employ management techniques like perhaps cutting the green out of the cake its likely it will spread and destroy your mushrooms.

In short - keep the green away from your fruits. When it starts eating fruits chuck the cake.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* purple mold (pics) am i going to die? im_on_a_boat 7,448 3 04/21/08 09:52 PM
by andrewss
* Purple Mold chubchub22 1,640 4 12/06/01 06:44 AM
by MAIA
* Die Green Mold! Die! KeepAskingTime 1,496 3 08/22/01 05:29 AM
by Zen Peddler
* Purple mold? truthforall 1,048 1 07/09/08 02:15 PM
by RogerRabbit
* Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY
( 1 2 all )
Ryche HawkV 14,073 35 02/20/16 11:36 PM
by eveningstarrr
* Effects of eating mold? Madtowntripper 3,899 4 05/16/04 02:31 AM
by Madtowntripper
* Purple Spots on my first grow attempt:( PICS!! senor_pantalones 1,148 3 03/06/08 03:23 AM
by CureCat
* Fluorescent Orange Mold?! Metatron21 2,340 2 06/23/08 06:42 PM
by Metatron21

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte
3,576 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.