Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethekenw
Stranger
 User Gallery
Pelliculosa??? Please Help
    #4833569 - 10/21/05 11:12 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I keep findin decent sized groups of these acattered around my yard mostly in one specific area. They look like all of the pelliculosa pictures i have seen and the spore print is dark /black purple. here are some pics.... ask me if you need any info about them.

Here are some live pics:

Here is a pic late in life stages:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethekenw
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Pelliculosa??? Please Help [Re: thekenw]
    #4833622 - 10/21/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry about the bad pics they were takin on my camera phone. please help ID I am sure that they are pelliculosa's

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Pelliculosa??? Please Help [Re: thekenw]
    #4833623 - 10/21/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I'd be surprised if those turned out to be ps. pelliculosa. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm afraid you have nothing of much interest there.

Offlinemrsmushy
Mrs.Mushy
Loc: Seattle
Re: Pelliculosa??? Please Help [Re: koraks]
    #4835116 - 10/21/05 04:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i'd like to see the print. that is not the correct habitat for pelliculosa. those look like panaeolus foenisecii to me. I have positively ID'd nearly identical specimens in my backyard in Seattle. They are not active; the assumption that they are states back to a very old high times article, I believe.

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Pelliculosa??? Please Help [Re: mrsmushy]
    #4835804 - 10/21/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Panaaeolina foenisecii (inactive) is a posibility, but I was under the impression that they only fruit in the Spring and early Summer months. I might be wrong about that. The horrible images and lack of description make this impossible to identify. Give a good description. You said to ask for info. That's probably why you have not seen a positive ID, for this mushroom.

Cap:
Stem:
Gills:
Smell:

We can see, it was found in a grassy area (your yard). What is your location?

-Psiclops.

Offlinemrsmushy
Mrs.Mushy
Loc: Seattle
Re: Pelliculosa??? Please Help [Re: psiclops]
    #4836443 - 10/21/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Arora says they fruit spring to early fall - but the warmer months seems to indicate only a warm early fall (which for western wa this year would be ok). But you're right - there really isnt any info necessary to make a good id. Here's the habitat for pelliculosa, and I think it'd be a freak occurence to find it in your yard:

HABITAT scattered to gregarious to cespitose (tufted) on well-decayed conifer substrate, in mulch, or in soil rich in lignin, often "along paths in conifer forests and along abandoned logging roads that are being recaptured by alders and firs", (Stamets); scattered to gregarious or cespitose on humus, in trails or clearing of conifer forests, predominantly along forest edge, sometimes on bark mulch beds or different debris in gardens below shrubs, uncommon in grasslands, (Guzman)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder