Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineXxMuSHRooMHeaDxX
enthusiast

Heating device failure creating icebox effect,HELP
    #482972 - 12/07/01 12:48 PM (15 years, 8 hours ago)

Afoaf's ....
Setting: outdoor,coleman cooler , heating device shut off , inside terruim temps at 60* , heater was set at 85* cranked it up to 100* (sits underneath ), bubbler air pump is external and the space the tubing has to pass to feed to terr. is at out door temp 56.6*

He thinks that due to the air having to pass trough cold space running 24/7 possible this might decrease the degree minorly?
also the cooler (when cut in half ) is made of a outer thick plastic layer , then foam insulation , than a nother plastic layer , he thinks that the heat at that temp (85*) wasnt tansferinng to the inside correctly slowing the heat tranfer rate through the material of the walls make up . Upon inspection he noticed verry minor growth of cakes (but growth nevertheless) the one cake closest to the bubbler actuallly had what looked to be all white mycelum reaching up off the top of the cake (are these pins starting to form ) , he also noticed mycelum healed itself over the injection location for the inner res , He added 1 1/2 cc of warmed h2o to each cake in hope to aid in the temp increase , while not being as ruff on the cakes . They were lasted checked 6 days before current check , so they were probally (worst case speaking) at that temp of 60* the whole time .
Plz Share Any thing you can , my foaf is worried that it may have harm ed the myc/cakes . 1 cake had minor bluing looked to be from a thub print , while all of them also looked like the myc was verry white allmost frosty looking ?
Could the amount of time to that kind of low temp exposhure harm growth rate in any form ?

Also another wierd thing was noticed , when checked the bubler's h2o2 level it was bone dry ?????
Verry unexpected ..... could the pumping of unfiltered/cleaned air be a possible introduction of contaims ?
What about rust forming on jar ring rim????
What about the opening of the terr. lid ????
, Thx Guys All Help Is GREATLY appriciated,. Peace

XX

--------------------
"Put the past at rest , Live your life to please"
Mushroomheads Official Site
Free Spore Ring
Myco-Elite
All above are lie's.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Heating device failure creating icebox effect,HELP [Re: XxMuSHRooMHeaDxX]
    #482988 - 12/07/01 01:19 PM (15 years, 7 hours ago)

"Could the amount of time to that kind of low temp exposhure harm growth rate in any form ?"
The growth rate is slowed down, mycellium is only harmed if temps reach the freezing point.

"could the pumping of unfiltered/cleaned air be a possible introduction of contaims ?"
Sometimes even filtered air is not "clean" enough, it depends on the filter type. You're using h2o2 as a filter, no h2o2, no filter, i use a tubbing filter (the ones atached to the air pump tubbing sold at any pet store) and a h2o2 glass, watch out for contams.

"What about rust forming on jar ring rim???? "
Sorry, what jar ?

"What about the opening of the terr. lid ???? "
No prob i think if you do it on a clean location, if you do manual fanning you have to open it any ways.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineXxMuSHRooMHeaDxX
enthusiast

Re: Heating device failure creating icebox effect,HELP [Re: MAIA]
    #483013 - 12/07/01 01:49 PM (15 years, 7 hours ago)

MAIA
>>>>Sometimes even filtered air is not "clean" enough, it depends on the filter type.
H2o2 bubbler w/filter stone ,runs 24/7

>>>>Sorry, what jar ?
sorry , lost you , the bubbler , 1/2 pint jar converted to bubbler wraped in black elect. tape , metal jar ring rim, plastic cut out with 2 wholes in lid.

>>>>No prob i think if you do it on a clean location, if you do manual fanning you have to open it any ways.
What if its not a clean loc.?, no manual , automated.

--------------------
Free Spore Ring
Myco-Elite
All above are lie's.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Heating device failure creating icebox effect,HELP [Re: XxMuSHRooMHeaDxX]
    #483078 - 12/07/01 02:59 PM (15 years, 5 hours ago)

"H2o2 bubbler w/filter stone ,runs 24/7"
I think it's enough, anyway what is a filter stone, i have a difuser stone to expand the air on a wider surface and i've got an air pump filter.

About the jar ring rim, i'm not sure but it should give you no problem. Just replace it on the next batch.

"What if its not a clean loc.?, "
Well it all depends on what you consider a clean location. If you're not surrounded by nasty insects, dirty uncleaned places, rotten organic material or too many dust, it should be ok to open it.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineXxMuSHRooMHeaDxX
enthusiast

Re: Heating device failure creating icebox effect,HELP [Re: MAIA]
    #483399 - 12/07/01 08:32 PM (15 years, 25 minutes ago)

Bump'n up for you pm viewers ,
One thing to add , hes mainly concerened about the 6 day cold shock (so to speak) they expereinced , and what harm this may or may not have caused , thx again eveyone , peace
XX

--------------------
Free Spore Ring
Myco-Elite
All above are lie's.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation