Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephan420
Stranger
Need Help With Puerto Ricans and Humidity
    #480730 - 12/05/01 01:18 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Guys,

I am trying the Puerto Rican spores, and have all cakes in the terrerium, 100% colonized. Some were 100% colonized and stayed in the jar so they could get even better established. I am using the Perlite humidification method and the cakes have been chillin' for over a week. There was a lot of that white fuzz on the cakes for a while. I thought it may be a humidity problem, so I added a bit more water. After being gone for a day I came back to find water all over the cakes and some were turning blue. All of the white fuzz had been washed off by the water and excessive droplets. I took a tissue and got most of the water off and took as much water off the perlite as possible. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and what you did or would do in this case. I heard Puertos were a pain...do they take a while to fruit? I am begining to wonder why I picked this strain...hopefully I will be able to get something out of it. The temp range is like 68-74 at all times as well if this helps. There is no pinning yet, there are some bumps on the cake. Please help!!! Thanks a bunch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNeonBlack
enthusiast
Re: Need Help With Puerto Ricans and Humidity [Re: phan420]
    #482784 - 12/07/01 07:17 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Yep.. They are a pain. They should pin eventually but watch out for high humidity.. I had a big problem with mycelium on the caps and mushrooms, while the Equadors right next to them were doing fine. Good luck..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract