Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDLittle
Lurker, mostly
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost in CA
Seattle Dreaming
    #4819855 - 10/18/05 08:39 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

It's my first year of hunting. How long should I wait before I commit to driving the 14 hour drive up to Seattle? My friend just got back empty handed, and spent alot of money. When is the Peak of the season?

--------------------
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to also." Mitch Hedburg

"Keep on dreamin', cuz when you stop dreamin' it's time to die" Blind Melon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Seattle Dreaming [Re: DLittle]
    #4819879 - 10/18/05 08:56 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Right now. If you can't find cyans in Seattle right now, you're not looking. They're everywhere. Look in the bark landscaping around malls and other shopping centers/office buildings.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Seattle Dreaming [Re: DLittle]
    #4821863 - 10/18/05 06:09 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Why wouldn't you just wait a few weeks for them to come up in San Fran and have patches within a short drive for the next couple seasons?  :crazy:

--------------------

OfflineT0adst00l_T0ny
the hunt is on
Loc: Oregon
Re: Seattle Dreaming [Re: @cro]
    #4821963 - 10/18/05 06:26 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

@cro's right...Don't drive 14 hours unless you're gonna stay more than a couple days. You can't expect to just jump out of your car, pick a pound of fungi and truck on home, heh heh...

--------------------
There is nothing more forbidden than an Amish boobie

Offlinefreezepooter
Rainy DayMushroom Pillow
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Seattle Dreaming [Re: T0adst00l_T0ny]
    #4822273 - 10/18/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

why do seattles cyans come up faster than everett, bellingham, ect?

--------------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Seattle Dreaming [Re: freezepooter]
    #4823083 - 10/18/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

They don't, the first couple patches were found outside of Seattle.  It just seems like Seattle has more because of the odds.  For every one picker outside of the city we have 30 inside, so for that reason there's more posts.  It also helps that there habitat is very common in the city but at least you don't have competition.  When you do find your nice patch you don't have to worry about it getting raped at least  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineRedeemed
not so stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: eastside
Re: Seattle Dreaming [Re: @cro]
    #4823099 - 10/18/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

@cro said:
They don't, the first couple patches were found outside of Seattle.  It just seems like Seattle has more because of the odds.  For every one picker outside of the city we have 30 inside, so for that reason there's more posts.  It also helps that there habitat is very common in the city but at least you don't have competition.  When you do find your nice patch you don't have to worry about it getting raped at least  :wink:

so true, so very true. Everyone is hunting now. My friend and I were at a single location which we thought to be a spot no one really knew about and saw 7 SEVEN other hunters there. They completely raped the spot of pins and all.

OfflineMushroomMarkk
Stranger

Re: Seattle Dreaming [Re: Redeemed]
    #4823378 - 10/18/05 11:42 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

well what about whidbey island, i havent seen nething around here, and last year i had cyans growin all over my yard, but this year there hasnt been 1! and i checked a horse feild, and maybe saw some little baby libs, but do libs grow that abundantly this far north, or are they more southern washington guys. Whidbey is across the ferry from everette, its at a lower elevation though

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Re: Seattle Dreaming [Re: MushroomMarkk]
    #4824494 - 10/19/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Libs grow way up North, man. Up in NorthEast Canada, even.

yeah, Libs are pretty wide-spread.

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Re: Seattle Dreaming (and the Seven Ps of shroomin) [Re: DLittle]
    #4826295 - 10/19/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Though the Cyans abound this time of year in the Emerald City, The competition is stiff. The odds of you driving 14hrs and finding anything is slim unless you have a guide. Th bay area will be rockin soon. I would spend 14 hours now scouting out areas around there. REMEMBER the 7 P's' of shroomin-

Proper
Prior
Planning
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Pickin

Plan to and begin to scout for potential patches early. July and August are great times to scout. The reason being you can identify which potential areas are shaded during the hot sunny summer days. Shaded areas have a higher chance of yielding fruits. Start networking early. there are other shroomers in your area that pick local. Find out who they are and get tips. Start preparing and growing your own cyans in local parks, rest areas, ball fields etc. There are plenty of people on this web site,(myself included), that would be happy to help you out with prints. There is loads of info on how to do that on this web site. Good luck dood.

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck